News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com

Go Back   SpursReport.com > SpursReport Fan Forums > Spurs and NBA Fan Feedback

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-10-06, 01:56 AM
SpursReport Team Veteran

Complaining to the NBA works! Ask Shaq.

Just a few days after both Shaq and Miami Heat coach Pat Riley complained to the NBA about the way Shaq has been called for fouls, the big man is once again ruling the paint in the East.

O'Neal dominated the Wizards on Saturday scoring 27 points (13-for-16 shooting), grabbing 10 rebounds and blocking four shots.

Yes.. Since the complaints (which earned him a 15K fine after he called out NBA VP Stu Jackson) Shaq has been on a tear, averaging 24.2 points, 9.0 rebounds and 2.5 blocks on 71% shooting.

Shaq learned at least one thing from his days in L.A. under Phil Jackson... Complaining and crying to the league WORKS!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 04-10-06, 02:25 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Which is why so many people complain about Bruce Bowen (as opposed to actually having a legitimate beef).
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 04-11-06, 08:03 AM
SpursReport Team Veteran

And now this is news...

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald...s/14305853.htm

Shaq improving defensively
BY ISRAEL GUTIERREZ
[email protected]

Shaquille O'Neal, who tends to shy from shot-blocking attempts for fear of getting in foul trouble, has been especially active in that area, averaging 3.25 during his past four games.

But O'Neal, who averages 1.8 blocks for the season, won't confess he has become a defensive presence.

''I'm not known for my defense,'' O'Neal said. ``[Mourning] is. I've just got to do what I do. When I try to play defense, they make me sit next to Pat [Riley], and I don't want to be sitting next to Pat.''

Riley, though, said his franchise center has been a much more effective shot blocker of late, and can get even better.

''He can block shots,'' Riley said. ``We've just got to get him to throw that nine-foot six-inch reach to the board and not reaching in on players. He doesn't have the same timing quickness to come from the weak side [as Mourning].''