News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com
Old 04-04-06, 10:41 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Duncan's ankle or foot

Any concerns out there - at end of broadcast said he went to locker room to immerse in ice.

They did not show a good angle replay on the Jazz broadcast on NBAPass - could not tell how hard he went down on it??
I can see him sitting out a game real easily if even tweaked.

As a doc the fact he will fly with that thing could cause swelling. If I was Spurs rent a limo and stretch him out in an ice bag and motor!!!!!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 04-04-06, 10:42 PM
SpursReport Team Member

I thought it was that kick in the foot he took, not a fall. It didn't look too bad.
Old 04-04-06, 10:47 PM
SpursReport Assistant Coach

Well, if it was really bad, he wouldn't have played anymore, so that's a good sign.

"When nothing seems to help, I go look at a stonecutter hammering away at this rock perhaps 100 times without as much as a crack showing in it. Yet at the 101st blow, it will split in two and I know it was not that blow that did it. But all that had gone before." - Jacob Riis
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 04-04-06, 11:08 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Duncan guts it out again, not be surprised if he misses a game - Pop will look for any excuse about now to get him a day off.
Old 04-04-06, 11:11 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

didnt seem like anything
Old 04-04-06, 11:12 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyDoc
Duncan guts it out again, not be surprised if he misses a game - Pop will look for any excuse about now to get him a day off.
Plus it's the second half of a B2B tomorrow, with _allas coming up on Friday.
Old 04-04-06, 11:13 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Tim may have had only 11 points, but he only took 10 shots. He had 13 rebounds, 5 blocks and 3 assists. I really hope it wasn't his ankle.
Old 04-04-06, 11:27 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

i think this has to do with the sickness he had prior to the wizards game. he is still feeling the effects of it. i don't know if its a flu or what, but it has nothing to do with an ankle or foot or anything like that.
Old 04-04-06, 11:33 PM
SpursReport Assistant Coach

I thought he moved well throughout the game, but it just seemed he couldn't hit the side of a barn. He got to the rim but he couldn't finish. It's kinda scary thinking that Nazr is our best offensive inside player. Rasho and Tim looked a lot alike tonight, neither one could put the ball in the hole up close. I can't figure out if he is still bothered by the plantar stuff or if he is still feeling weak from his weekend bout of food poisoning or whatever it was that ailed him.
Old 04-04-06, 11:40 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjjrfan
I thought he moved well throughout the game, but it just seemed he couldn't hit the side of a barn. He got to the rim but he couldn't finish. It's kinda scary thinking that Nazr is our best offensive inside player. Rasho and Tim looked a lot alike tonight, neither one could put the ball in the hole up close. I can't figure out if he is still bothered by the plantar stuff or if he is still feeling weak from his weekend bout of food poisoning or whatever it was that ailed him.
i wouldnt be worried about duncan, it was probally a little bit of both but when we need duncan he will be there. just look at when he goes off pt wise, its always when we need him either down the streach of a players is missing/not doing good. we dont need duncan to take 25 shots a game, we have a great all around team. trust me come playoff time tim wil be tim
Old 04-04-06, 11:57 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

He was taking the ball to the basket in the 4th quarter, forcing the refs to make the calls. Although he didn't make his all his foul shots, he was being aggressive. I'm sure feeling sick and traveling on a plane didn't help him get over the food poisoning.
Old 04-05-06, 12:33 AM
SpursReport Rookie

from espn guys:

""Tim Duncan, who was questionable because of flu symptoms before the game, finished with 11 points and 13 rebounds for the Spurs.""

so maybe it's because of the flu that he doesn't have his usual number in field goal attempts? i dunno,but am still proud of him! playing sick, but has 13 rebounds..
Old 04-05-06, 06:26 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Props to Duncan and hope he plays, but more importantly any lingering effects, I vote to rest him as i doubt we will catch the Pistons or lose out to the Mavs in playoff races.
Old 04-05-06, 07:39 AM
SpursReport Team Member

I thought he was just running to the bathroom! Sean said he was still not feeling well before the game.