News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com
Old 04-03-06, 02:43 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Ray Allen comments on Kobe

It's been a couple days since the game but...

Quote:
By KEVIN DING
The Orange County Register

LOS ANGELES – Adding on to his many other anti-Kobe Bryant theories, Seattle SuperSonics guard Ray Allen reached back for the original Bryant bashing after the Lakers won in Seattle on Friday night: He shoots too much.

"My mentality is not to shoot that many times," Allen said. "I want to get everybody else involved."
The only problem I have is that when Kobe and him were standing side by side at the All Star Game he didn't have the balls to speak up but instead said it was 'nothing personal' and he wanted to talk 'behind closed doors.' If he wanted to talk behind closed doors why the **** does he keep talking ****.

"Love me, Feed me, Never leave me" --The one and only Garfield
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 04-03-06, 02:45 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Allen is just a jerk.... who nobody likes
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 04-03-06, 02:57 PM
SpursReport Team Member

That 81 point game by Kobe is a little overrated, the guy shot about 20 free throw attempts that night. He does shoot the ball way to much, I would have to side with Ray Allen on that, but Ray needs to shut up and stop using the media like they are a microphone. That is Kobe's game, shoot and score.
Old 04-03-06, 02:58 PM
SpursReport Team Member

NO one likes Allen, No one.
Old 04-03-06, 03:13 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

A lot of people like Ray Allen, including me. He speaks his mind and he's honest. Of the course, he's a good a guy as any.

The reason no one here likes him is because he speaks his mind about Bruce Bowen.
Old 04-03-06, 03:14 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnac The Magnificent
A lot of people like Ray Allen, including me. He speaks his mind and he's honest. Of the course, he's a good a guy as any.

The reason no one here likes him is because he speaks his mind about Bruce Bowen.
Blasphemer!!!
Old 04-03-06, 03:19 PM
SpursReport Team Veteran

Quote:

You are right, I love Ray Allen cuz he's a UConn guy.

Sure he has his spats w/ Bowen and says things about Kobe but off the court, he's one of the league's good guys............

I've met him at a UConn game before and he's easy to talk w/ and honest......
Old 04-03-06, 03:21 PM
SpursReport Assistant Coach

Quote:

I agree with that last part. 100%.

I also think Allen is a great talent - but it is hurting his reputation IMHO to continue to whine about his opponents to the media.

Just play Ray.
Old 04-03-06, 03:23 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

I like Ray as a player, but as a person I can't stand his whining!!
Old 04-03-06, 03:26 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

He does complain a bit, but at least he's not dodging questions like Kobe does. Kobe never answers anything honestly. He says what he thinks the politically correct thing to say is and says what he thinks Michael Jordan would have said.
You never have to guess what's on Ray Ray's mind, and I think that's refreshing.
Old 04-03-06, 03:26 PM
SpursReport Team Member

I just think that Ray Ray doesn't like facing physical defenders and is trying to gain an advantage over those defenders he doesn't like by going public. He has a right to say whatever he wants and we have a right to criticize him for doing so.
Old 04-03-06, 03:31 PM
The Chosen One(Moderator)

Quote:

I really don't like when people use "he speaks his mind and honest" as an excuse to be rude or whine. Thats cop out IMO...there is a difference between being an honest individual and just not knowing when to be quiet. The guy talks a little too much for my taste.

I'm Batman's cousin
Old 04-03-06, 03:40 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flipmode Master
I really don't like when people use "he speaks his mind and honest" as an excuse to be rude or whine. Thats cop out IMO...there is a difference between being an honest individual and just not knowing when to be quiet. The guy talks a little too much for my taste.
And Kobe and Bruce have never been rude to him?
Old 04-03-06, 03:45 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Yeah I used to like Ray Allen quite a bit until I noticed that he has a tendency to publically criticize anybody in the league that bothers him.
Old 04-03-06, 03:50 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

did anyone notice before the spurs-lakers game last thursday that bowen and kobe had a quick exchange? it looked as if kobe had made a quick joke (perhaps about allen's b*tching to stu jackson). the reaction on bruce's face was that of disgust and he seemed to be saying "oh,man...unbelievable". then they both laughed and shook their heads. it was right before tip-off, as the players were lining up.
Old 04-03-06, 03:58 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Ray Allen is just concerned about being a pretty boy.
Old 04-03-06, 04:22 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

Quote:

a lot of people dont like him (just not Spurs fans) because he is a freakin cry baby. Im sorry..the guy is very annoying. I've never seen someone whine and cry about things as much as he does

great player? yes

prob a good guy? I assume

but he talks about players to the media way too much. Play your game and shut up
Old 04-03-06, 04:24 PM

I don't like the way he chews gum. I don't cae what he says, something about that sneer on his face, easy guy to dislike.
Old 04-03-06, 04:41 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizzG
a lot of people dont like him (just not Spurs fans) because he is a freakin cry baby. Im sorry..the guy is very annoying. I've never seen someone whine and cry about things as much as he does

great player? yes

prob a good guy? I assume

but he talks about players to the media way too much. Play your game and shut up
Who does he talk about?
Bruce Bowen? Kobe? Who else?
Old 04-03-06, 04:44 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:

Sorry Carnac. i like Ray's game but he needs to shut up and play the game!

Quote:
Who does he talk about?
Bruce Bowen? Kobe? Who else?
George Karl, Glen Robinson, need I go on?
Old 04-03-06, 04:48 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjjrfan
I don't like the way he chews gum. I don't cae what he says, something about that sneer on his face, easy guy to dislike.
I hate the way he has his squire unwrap the gum and hand it to him.
Then chances are good that YOU ALMOST FREAKING KILLED ME IN THE PARKING LOT
Old 04-03-06, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Deimos
Old 04-03-06, 04:57 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Remind me of one time that Kobe even mentioned Ray's name to the media without being asked about him, or did something to him during a game.

Fact is that Ray Allen said things like Kobe made a mistake and will demand a trade once he sees that he cannot lead a team, he also called him selfish. After that when they were standing side by side at the All Star Game, Ray couldn't speak his mind to Kobe's face and decided to say the 'politically correct' stuff. IMO that's the opposite of how it should be, say the politically correct stuff to the media while bring up your problems with someone when your standing face to face with them.

In case you don't remember what happened at the all star game, I have the clip at home and wouldn't mind uploading it.

"Love me, Feed me, Never leave me" --The one and only Garfield
Old 04-03-06, 05:00 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by biglakerfan
After that when they were standing side by side at the All Star Game, Ray couldn't speak his mind to Kobe's face and decided to say the 'politically correct' stuff. IMO that's the opposite of how it should be, say the politically correct stuff to the media while bring up your problems with someone when your standing face to face with them.
That's gospel, bro...
Old 04-03-06, 05:29 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:
He does complain a bit, but at least he's not dodging questions like Kobe does. Kobe never answers anything honestly. He says what he thinks the politically correct thing to say is and says what he thinks Michael Jordan would have said.
You never have to guess what's on Ray Ray's mind, and I think that's refreshing.
Oh please. Ray Allen is not being honest. He uses the media as a microphone for badmouthing players because he is vindictive and jealous. If he was really honest he would just come out and say "I don't like Bruce Bowen and Kobe Bryant" because it's obvious he has personal issues with those two players. Come out and say it Ray. Don't hide your REAL feelings. Ray is pissed that Bruce Bowen shuts his ass down and that Kobe gets a lot more credit and adoration than he does. He has repeatedly made a point of saying that he was chosen ahead of Kobe in the draft. This tells you what kind of mentality he has. Where you get picked in the draft means nothing. Then he kisses Kobe's ass at the all-star game. But that's Ray Allen for you. He is so transparent it's comical.

Last edited by maldoror; 04-03-06 at 05:36 PM.
Old 04-03-06, 05:34 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Wow. Finally a topic that can unite Spurs fans and Laker fans. ray ray must really be stirring things up to cause this kind of effect.

Hey Crawford! This is for you!!

Old 04-03-06, 05:35 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by maldoror
Oh please. Ray Allen is not being honest. He uses the media as a microphone for badmouthing players because he is vindictive and jealous. If he was really honest he would say "I don't like Bruce Bowen and Kobe Bryant" because it's obvious he has personal issues with those two players. Come out and say it Ray. Don't hide your REAL feelings.
Agree. Ray may be a good athlete, but he is unprofessional with his comments and actions. At least Kobe has learned to keep the media on a leash to reduce controversy and bad publicity.
Old 04-03-06, 05:50 PM
SpursReport Team Veteran

This is the Ray Allen everyone sees.

Not everyone sees the guy who helped a girl from the Connecticut area who was hit by a car years ago and her family didnt have medical insurance, so Allen paid for the hospital expenses.

Not everyone sees Allen who loves his University, UConn, and always goes back to play pick up games with the kids on the team.

Not everyone sees Allen, who will sign autographs and is not a ***** when you talk to him.

Only once that we see is the run opens his mouth and is depised of a lot.
Old 04-03-06, 06:19 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Im not doubting that ray allen might be a good person but it is very unprofessional how he's bad mouthing Kobe to the media and then acting like he doesnt have beef with him when he comes face to face with him. And it is also unprofessional how he discredits Bowen to the media just because he shuts allen down everytime they play... I personally am not saying he's a bad person, he's just not behaving like a professional, i mean this is the same guy that said NBA players who play in Team USA should get paid more, as if he doesnt get enough money playing for the NBA. But I will say that from what ive heard from people that have met Allen he sounds like a real nice guy, but hes acting like a crybaby.
Old 04-03-06, 07:22 PM
SpursReport Rookie

I don't like the whine and he looks like he sucks Richard. He's a jealous (unt, that will never win a ring.
Old 04-03-06, 07:37 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

Speaks his mind? Perhaps.

Ray Allen also said in the playoffs that since Manu was going to go down whenever he drives to the basket, the Sonics should go ahead and help him go down.

And indeed they did, especially Fartson.
Old 04-03-06, 07:40 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnwhuxley
Ray Allen also said in the playoffs that since Manu was going to go down whenever he drives to the basket, the Sonics should go ahead and help him go down.

And indeed they did, especially Fartson.
I don't remember him saying that, but if he did that makes him a complete hypocrite. Saying that is like an invitation to thuggery by your teammates.
Old 04-03-06, 07:41 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ro_50
This is the Ray Allen everyone sees.

Not everyone sees the guy who helped a girl from the Connecticut area who was hit by a car years ago and her family didnt have medical insurance, so Allen paid for the hospital expenses.

Not everyone sees Allen who loves his University, UConn, and always goes back to play pick up games with the kids on the team.

Not everyone sees Allen, who will sign autographs and is not a ***** when you talk to him.

Only once that we see is the run opens his mouth and is depised of a lot.
So his personality is bi-polar. He's courteous to strangers, but he's an complete a$$ to people he is jealous of or try to challenge him. But instead of being confrontational directly with that person, he goes around trying to make it everyone else's business like some gossiping housewife.
Old 04-03-06, 08:23 PM
The Chosen One(Moderator)

Quote:
Yeah...plenty......but haven't we been through this SAME song and dance number before..... . I can find duplicates of the same freaking quote,....over and over and over. First its Glenn Robinson he can't stop talking about.......now he picks back and forth between Kobe and Bowen......SHUT UP RAY.....you're mad that your team got their butt kicked.

I'm Batman's cousin
Old 04-03-06, 08:26 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maldoror
Oh please. Ray Allen is not being honest. He uses the media as a microphone for badmouthing players because he is vindictive and jealous. If he was really honest he would just come out and say "I don't like Bruce Bowen and Kobe Bryant" because it's obvious he has personal issues with those two players. Come out and say it Ray. Don't hide your REAL feelings. Ray is pissed that Bruce Bowen shuts his ass down and that Kobe gets a lot more credit and adoration than he does. He has repeatedly made a point of saying that he was chosen ahead of Kobe in the draft. This tells you what kind of mentality he has. Where you get picked in the draft means nothing. Then he kisses Kobe's ass at the all-star game. But that's Ray Allen for you. He is so transparent it's comical.
, Gay Allen blows.
Old 04-03-06, 09:25 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Kobe shoots too much? Ray must have gone over 1000s of hours of tape to come up with an original conclusion like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Deimos
Last year before one of the playoff games, I heard Ray yelling at the poor kid, "hurry up! hurry up!"

I just don't see being rude to the guy who unwraps your gum.
Old 04-03-06, 09:30 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by highplainsspur
Last year before one of the playoff games, I heard Ray yelling at the poor kid, "hurry up! hurry up!"

I just don't see being rude to the guy who unwraps your gum.
I think that a really good indicator of the decency of individuals is how they treat the people that are below them on the totem pole. If someone craps on people just because they can, then they are hiding some serious insecurity.
Old 04-03-06, 09:35 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

My personal fan bias makes me not root for Ray Allen too often and I don't really let that bother me. I know the guy is a good player and I know that he is a good person. Yea, he does whine a lot but then again so do a lot of players.

And good god could the nickname "Ray Ray" be any more fruity? That sounds like something a mom calls her little boy.
Old 04-03-06, 10:06 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Why is everybody defending Bryant? Of course he shoots too much. Nothing in this entire world could be more obvious. So why all the fuss?

What Ray Allen did last year with his Seattle team (getting to the 2nd round and giving the Spurs a good run in the playoffs) is WAY more than Bryant will EVER do with "his own team."

Bryant valiently led "his own team" last year to less than 30 wins, and this year is making the playoffs due solely to a lackluster performance by Utah, and a total collapse by the Hornets. Otherwise, Bryant would be watching the playoffs again. What if that were to happen - would people then be saying, "Wow, I guess Bryant really is overrated." ? Well, they should already be saying it.

How anyone can call Bryant a superstar is beyond me. I think more people like Allen should speak up about this blatantly obvious fact.

I don't have a problem with Allen - he obviously doesn't like Bowen, but Allen is a shooter, and Bowen aggravates shooters to no end. Allen is just looking for an advantage when he faces Bowen. Yes, it's a little cheesy, but I love theafact that Allen is a star player who is actually not afraid to speak the truth about Bryant, who in my opinion is vastly overrated.

No one in the history of the NBA has ever gotten more hype while at the same time making his teammates absolutely no better.
Old 04-03-06, 10:31 PM
SpursReport Team Member

wtf with having 2 images of kobe in every of your post. its irritating and wasting the spurs reports bandwidth.
Old 04-03-06, 10:40 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

Kobe isnt a superstar? I dont like Kobe but thats more than reaching
Old 04-03-06, 11:22 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

The funny thing about last year's Sonics is they were a great example of contract year players playing out of their minds to earn a paycheck. Once they all got their due from whoever the Sonics fell back down to Earth.
Old 04-03-06, 11:41 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

I agree that the only reason people are upset is because he talks about Bowen. But just generally speaking, he talks too much.
Old 04-03-06, 11:52 PM
SpursReport Team Veteran

all ray allen does is whine, cry and is a big snitch.
its one thing we spurs fans agree with lakers fans...that ray allen s*cks and needs to shut up.
bruce locks him up and he starts to pout.
bruce does a good job on kobe and kobe gives bruce props and respect and vice versa now those two respect each other and is why you wont ever see bruce kick kobe like he did to ray.

waaa waaaa bruce kicked me....
waaa waaaa kobe beat us because he shoots too much

Last edited by George; 04-03-06 at 11:56 PM.
Old 04-04-06, 01:18 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:
Still, Bryant treated Bowen as he should be treated. With some respect, and with some high-level basketball.

"I really don't worry about Bruce too much," Bryant said in that series. "What Bruce does is, he's in excellent condition, great shape, and he just tries to run with you all night long. He tries to be a pest all night long, but I don't let that get to me."

Bryant also said this: He liked going against Bowen.
http://www.spursreport.com/forums/sh...t=movie+quotes