News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com

Go Back   SpursReport.com > SpursReport Fan Forums > Spurs and NBA Fan Feedback

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-02-06, 01:23 AM
SpursReport Rookie

Tbnl is a bad man, meanwhile, Mavs fans are clueless.

http://www.mavtalk.com/cgi-bin/ultim...c;f=2;t=000512

For any of you not familiar with this thread, back in 2002 our boy tbnl went on to this Mavs board during the regular season, and flat out told them the Spurs were going to break their hearts and take the division title. (Which the Spurs did, of course)

Then a year later in 2003, tbnl bumped the thread and said that AGAIN, the Spurs were going to break their hearts and take the division title. (Which the Spurs did, of course)

It looks like tbnl played a little April fools joke on them yesterday.
And by all appearance they are clueless.

Funny stuff. Keep in mind it jumps from 2002, to 2003, to 2006.

Last edited by KrispyKremeAddict; 04-02-06 at 01:32 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 04-02-06, 01:37 AM
SpursReport Team Captain

Trolling sucks.
Old 04-02-06, 01:42 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason R
Trolling sucks.
i agree, we ban trolls here, yet our mods go troll elsewhere?
Old 04-02-06, 01:53 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

Greg is just having a little fun

Yea! LoL!
$
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 04-02-06, 01:56 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Location: The capital of Texas...that's right...Sunset Valley

I am not amused. Trolling is trolling no matter where it's coming from. And if it's true a moderator of this board did that, then that really smacks of hypocrisy. Let's not encourage stuff like this and potentially start a board war with other forums.

"Married men live longer. Yes. And an indoor cat also lives longer. It's a furball with a broken spirit, that can only look out on a world it can never enjoy. But it does technically live longer." - Bill Maher
Old 04-02-06, 01:57 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

Board war lol who cares... i don't mind trolls. they amuse me. its only the internet

$
Old 04-02-06, 03:04 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Location: The capital of Texas...that's right...Sunset Valley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money4Nothing
Board war lol who cares... i don't mind trolls. they amuse me. its only the internet

$
Well, I like my message boards I have accounts on to stay reasonably intelligent. If trolls are your bag, the Mavs boards apparently lets trolls linger.

"Married men live longer. Yes. And an indoor cat also lives longer. It's a furball with a broken spirit, that can only look out on a world it can never enjoy. But it does technically live longer." - Bill Maher

Last edited by JoeSchmo; 04-02-06 at 03:17 AM.
Old 04-02-06, 09:36 AM
SpursReport Team Member

not surprsing, my account was suspended for calling someone "gay" in a jokingly manner. then that same mod was posting in a "caption this" thread, laughing at a picture that ensinuated to men were butt humping.

nice double standards mods.
Old 04-02-06, 10:09 AM
SpursReport Assistant Coach

I'm confused, is it bad like what I think it means, evil, mean spirited, not good, that kind of stuff, or is it bad like my son and most younger people think it is, great, super, out of sight, keep it up, I want to be like you bad. I think I've lost touch here.
Old 04-02-06, 10:31 AM
SpursReport Team Captain

Good grief, what is with the pious, holier than thou, moral crusade?

Did any of y'all actually bother to read beyond the first post?

Trolling?
How many trolls have ever come on SR and backed up what they say with data and support, strength of schedules, W/L versus >playoff teams, and a breakdown of just about every statistical category?

And when all was said and done and as I predicted the Spurs snatched the Midwest title away from the Mavs in 2002, how did I respond over there (4/12/2002)?
By posting a smilie!! And complimenting them on their season!! And wishing them luck in the playoffs!!! Oh No! The horror! What a despicable trollish act of rubbing it in!!

And in 2003, when all was said and done and as I predicted the Spurs snatched the Midwest title away from the Mavs, how did I respond over there (4/16/2003)?
By posting a smilie!! And complimenting them on their season!! And wishing them luck in the playoffs!!! Oh No! The horror! What a despicable trollish act of rubbing it in!!

Seriously........when was the last time you saw a TROLL come in here, after being proven right all along, and post nothing more than a happy face?
Anyone?.....anyone?.........anyone?......anyone?
When the Lakers were embarrassing us in the playoffs in during their threepeat, were their trolls in here posting happy faces? Or were they talking trash?

I can't change what was said 3 and 4 years ago, as mild as it was....
.....and what was said yesterday was nothing but complimentary.

Call it being cocky, call it arrogant, call it egotistical, call it presumptuous........gimmie a break don't call it TROLLING. Like $Money said.......just having a little fun.

Again, did any of y'all actually read beyond the first couple of posts?
Get over yourselves.......stop being so sanctimonious.

Oh, and this "Board War" that has been in the works for the last 4 years is scheduled to finally arrive here on SpursReport sometime in early 2009.......please keep an eye out for it.

Last edited by To be named later; 04-02-06 at 10:45 AM.
Old 04-02-06, 11:25 AM
SpursReport Team Veteran

reminds me...
during the 2003 hoop it up here in SA a whole bunch of mavs fans came and were talking smack and were very rude. talking **** about timmy and dave. then 2004 we saw them again and they kept at it again so we had to rub in the bling bling they got a hissy fit and then took off in their bus
Old 04-02-06, 12:06 PM
SpursReport Team Member

TBNL, I was reading the Mav's board while you were whipping up the winds in there. Diabolical!! I was laughing my butt off. For those who are feint at heart, this took moxy and in no way I found it to be Trolling. TBNL was a true magician in there. Has anyone gone to a Mav's board? It's ridiculous. They talk about how they can be champions simply by referring to a single game played in the regular season or that one Western Conference finals in game five back in 2003. "If we can play with heart like we did in that one game we can depose of the Spurs once and for all.", this is their whole mantra for beating San Antonio and becomming NBA Champions. If you ask me they deserve to be trolled and tortured. How many Spurs fans remembered how we were treated by Laker fans and and Pistons Fans. Love ane war baby, love and war.
Old 04-02-06, 12:37 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

That was good
Old 04-02-06, 01:10 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Pure comedic gold.
Then chances are good that YOU ALMOST FREAKING KILLED ME IN THE PARKING LOT
Old 04-02-06, 01:30 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

TBNL was just having some fun. He sets them up with a true compliment just to watch them fall and makes them eat their words after the fact. It's not like he is a constant visitor making statements and comments without backing them up.

Some of those Mavs were suspicious but had no clue he was setting them up for their own downfall later this year.
Old 04-02-06, 02:38 PM
SpursReport Team Veteran

I don't care what you fuddy duddys say, that was one hilarious thread. I was in tears by the end.
Old 04-04-06, 12:16 AM
SpursReport Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by To be named later
Good grief, what is with the pious, holier than thou, moral crusade?

Did any of y'all actually bother to read beyond the first post?

Trolling?
How many trolls have ever come on SR and backed up what they say with data and support, strength of schedules, W/L versus >playoff teams, and a breakdown of just about every statistical category?

And when all was said and done and as I predicted the Spurs snatched the Midwest title away from the Mavs in 2002, how did I respond over there (4/12/2002)?

And in 2003, when all was said and done and as I predicted the Spurs snatched the Midwest title away from the Mavs, how did I respond over there (4/16/2003)?

Seriously........when was the last time you saw a TROLL come in here, after being proven right all along, and post nothing more than a happy face?
Anyone?.....anyone?.........anyone?......anyone?
When the Lakers were embarrassing us in the playoffs in during their threepeat, were their trolls in here posting happy faces? Or were they talking trash?

I can't change what was said 3 and 4 years ago, as mild as it was....
.....and what was said yesterday was nothing but complimentary.

Call it being cocky, call it arrogant, call it egotistical, call it presumptuous........gimmie a break don't call it TROLLING. Like $Money said.......just having a little fun.

Again, did any of y'all actually read beyond the first couple of posts?
Get over yourselves.......stop being so sanctimonious.

Oh, and this "Board War" that has been in the works for the last 4 years is scheduled to finally arrive here on SpursReport sometime in early 2009.......please keep an eye out for it.

DON'T YOU DARE EXPLAIN YOURSELF Tbnl. genius often goes unappreciated before it's time!