News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com
Old 03-08-06, 10:08 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Paul Pierce

Been having one of his best seasons ever, but man...

The clutchness lately reminds me of a few years back when him and Antoine made a run into the playoffs. Some forget that this guy is one of the clutchest players in the league.

-J.W.

And this Ryan Gomes?? Who is this kid?
Old 03-08-06, 10:11 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Well he has been on fire lately for the C's. Maybe Danny Ainge is doing something right (perish the thought).

-J.W.
Old 03-08-06, 10:19 PM
SpursReport Team Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesR
Ryan Gomes? Pay attention to college ball dude. He was a stud at Providence.
Amen James R, one of the GREATEST ever to come out of the Big East.

He was un-heralded, under-recruited out of Waterbury, CT

Some here dont follow the College game closely enough and only hear of these players when they enter the Draft and the league.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 03-08-06, 10:19 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

I don't know anything about college basketball (non American fan here, only NBA + FIBA basketball), but I remember hearing ever since the draft that this Ryan Gomes kid and Danny Granger were possibly the steals.

Gerald Green was mentioned as well, though there's no evidence suggesting that yet. He's very young though.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 03-08-06, 10:21 PM
SpursReport Assistant Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by ro_50
Amen James R, one of the GREATEST ever to come out of the Big East.

He was un-heralded, under-recruited out of Waterbury, CT

Some here dont follow the College game closely enough and only hear of these players when they enter the Draft and the league.
I think that's probably safe to say about most major sports.

I don't consider a player truly successful until he has proved he can play at the highest level (NFL, NBA, MLB).
Old 03-08-06, 11:02 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Pierce shot 50% from the field and had his first triple-double of the season (31 - 12 - 10). Paul Scored 8 straight points in the last 90 seconds including the go-ahead 3 with 20 secs remaining. Impressive night, too bad the C's won't trade him to a contender.

-J.W.
Old 03-09-06, 01:03 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLogo
Been having one of his best seasons ever, but man...

The clutchness lately reminds me of a few years back when him and Antoine made a run into the playoffs. Some forget that this guy is one of the clutchest players in the league.

-J.W.

And this Ryan Gomes?? Who is this kid?
I have Pierce on my fantasy team. I picked up Gomes a while back. He's a good up and coming player.

My favourite on this team is injured at the moment - Delonte West. He's a good defensive guard and he's fairly quick. Recently though, he's had a good run at shooting and getting the team out of 4th quarter deficits.
Old 03-09-06, 04:48 PM
Dr. Doom!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLogo
Pierce shot 50% from the field and had his first triple-double of the season (31 - 12 - 10). Paul Scored 8 straight points in the last 90 seconds including the go-ahead 3 with 20 secs remaining. Impressive night, too bad the C's won't trade him to a contender.

-J.W.
THANK GOD THEY WON'T trade him to a contender, it would probably not be the Spurs who got him and some other team, so he would hurt us more.....
You could let it pick your brain for weeks and months, just replay it over and over, won't do you any good at all. When someone loses a loved one and they do that it only brings forth anguish. I feel acceptance is sometimes the key, it happened, now you have to react to it. Giving up is not an option.