News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com

Go Back   SpursReport.com > SpursReport Fan Forums > Spurs and NBA Fan Feedback

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-06, 01:55 AM
MomBear

Hornets' Claxton Out With Sprained Ankle

Wed Feb 22, 7:59 PM ET

OKLAHOMA CITY - New Orleans point guard Speedy Claxton missed the Hornets' game Wednesday night against Utah with a sprained left ankle.

Claxton, New Orleans' third-leading scorer at 12.6 points, missed two games in November with a sprained right ankle but had played in all 51 of the Hornets' other games.

Hornets coach Byron Scott said there was no swelling in Claxton's ankle.

"It's just sore," Scott said. "I don't think he'll be out any more than just tonight. We've got a good couple of days before we go to Utah for this next road trip."

The Hornets' next game is Saturday, when they complete a home-and-home series at Utah. Scott said he expected Claxton to sit out practice Thursday, get treatment, then test it out at practice on Friday.

LINK
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 02-23-06, 03:11 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

Jackson Vroman just broke his wrist badly tonight. They have Moochie to cover for Speedy, now they might have to sign someone for the rest of the season to replace Vroman. Were I them I'd give Marcus Fizer a 10-day. They really need some post scoring.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!