News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com
Old 02-18-06, 03:01 AM
SpursReport Rookie

anyone nervous?

we are comin down to the stretch where it really matters in the season, i feel like this hasnt been the spurs year(even with the 40 wins). With timmys foot, finley and van exel not gelling yet, and detroit playing SCARY basketball, Dallas even scares me. Maybe pop needs to sit Duncan a month for him to be near 100% they are gonna need him to be big in the playoffs! Spurs need to shift gear NOW
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 02-18-06, 04:41 AM
SpursReport Team Member

zzzzzzzzzzzzz.....did the playoffs start ye....zzzzzzzzz
Old 02-18-06, 10:05 AM
SpursReport Team Veteran

Nervous about what?

The season still has 30 games yet and I dont get nervous anymore when they play.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 02-18-06, 10:25 AM
SpursReport Team Captain

Quote:
anyone nervous?
no.
Old 02-18-06, 10:46 AM
SpursReport Team Captain

Not everyone with a low post count is a troll.
Old 02-18-06, 10:47 AM
SpursReport Team Member

I am nervous...I'm afraid the doctor will tell me my "itch" needs medication.

Sith
Old 02-18-06, 11:28 AM
SpursReport Team Member

it's hilarious because the Spurs have yet to put together a string of really good games and they still have their best record ever at all-star break
Old 02-18-06, 11:34 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

Come on fellas, the guy is just expressing his anxiousness for the stretch run. Its normal, every fan feels it. Good news is we have time. So dont stress too much akaDRooPY, we should see the Championship form very soon...
Old 02-18-06, 12:00 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

No room for Nervous Nellies on the bandwagon.
Old 02-18-06, 12:24 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

Old 02-18-06, 12:37 PM
SpursReport Team Veteran

spurs are where they always are during the all star break...same thing with the mavs. everyone knows ground hog day is after the all star weekend thru the finals for those who watch charles barkley know what i mean.
Old 02-18-06, 12:47 PM
SpursReport Team Member

In years past, we've needed an "outside shooter" to get through the teams that would pose a threat against us. Now we have, Finley, Barry, Nick, even Beno has become a good outside shooter (to bad he's not used enough).

If any of them find their groove going into the playoffs, we'll be just fine. But the guy can worry, can't he?
Old 02-18-06, 01:29 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesR
Someone who comes in here thats supposedly a Spurs fan but is nervous about teams that aren't very far ahead of the Spurs at the freakin break might be.

Hey, its either that or plain stupid.
He could be stupid considering they are a lot of dumb people in here who keep on screaming rest Tim rest Tim even though its been brought up a thousand times that he needs 3-5 months of rest for his condition to heal.
Old 02-18-06, 01:41 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Nah, the Spurs are just fine.

Detroit has rejoined the rest of the pack, in case no one's noticed. They're still the biggest threat to a repeat championship, but they're beatable again.

If Tim can't carry the whole load right now, then he can just put in his 15/12 and let Tony or Manu handle the rest. The Spurs still have that all-World D, an experienced roster, and a top-notch head coach.

It'll be fine.
Old 02-18-06, 01:46 PM
There is only 1 Ginobili!

One of Detroit's strengths is ultimately it's weakness...they GOT NO REAL DEPTH other than McDyess.
Trading away Arroyo means that they have to now rely on Lindsey Hunter. It normally wouldn't be a bad thing but this guy is coming off a major injury. He hasn't really played at all ALL SEASON.
While I'm sure that our Argentine contingent can say that Delfino is ready to step it up, we all know that Carlos isn't as strong at passing as Manu is.

So, barring injury...I EXPECT SPAM TO HAPPEN LIKE ALWAYS.

Old 02-18-06, 01:55 PM
MomBear

Quote:
anyone nervous?
No! But I am hungry...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizzG
Old 02-18-06, 01:57 PM
SpursReport Rookie

I am concerned and curious to see how Pop will handle it, but not nervous. I say we're still on track to surpass 62-20 and improve on our single season win total. The real thing to be nervous about is the fact that Timmy has been considerably hobbled two years in a row. If this becomes a chronic condition, the reign of Duncan may be shorter than we would like.
Old 02-18-06, 02:40 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason R
Not everyone with a low post count is a troll.
yeah!
Old 02-18-06, 04:08 PM
SpursReport Assistant Coach

Considering they still had a good Rodeo trip and the post all star break run has not been allowed to go on yet, no. If they start struggling heading to the post season, then yes.

"When nothing seems to help, I go look at a stonecutter hammering away at this rock perhaps 100 times without as much as a crack showing in it. Yet at the 101st blow, it will split in two and I know it was not that blow that did it. But all that had gone before." - Jacob Riis
Old 02-18-06, 11:38 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

I'm amazed that we've lost 5 games or so to weak teams like Chicago, OKC, Atlanta, etc., Tim's playing on bad feet, Manu was injured... and we're STILL on pace to win 65 games, the most in franchise history.

Even with all the wins, I don't yet feel a sense of dominance like the 99 and 03 teams had, but we definitely have enough to get the job done.
Old 02-18-06, 11:53 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Concerned.. a little.. scared? nope.
Old 02-18-06, 11:57 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsandiego
I'm amazed that we've lost 5 games or so to weak teams like Chicago, OKC, Atlanta, etc., Tim's playing on bad feet, Manu was injured... and we're STILL on pace to win 65 games, the most in franchise history.

Even with all the wins, I don't yet feel a sense of dominance like the 99 and 03 teams had, but we definitely have enough to get the job done.
I know what you're saying, but in all honesty i didn't feel a sense of dominance last year when the spurs went hobbling into the first round. Hopefilly this year will be no different.
Old 02-20-06, 12:30 PM
SpursReport Rookie

just to clear things up, no i dont post alot, i have been a lurker on this site for years. finally joined up in may. i am more interested in seeing what other people say
Old 02-20-06, 12:41 PM
SpursReport Team Member

No, I am not. I don't think we should be nervous. We are playing not so good, but we are with the 3rd best record in the league. Not so bad if you see the injuries we had and that we are the ruling champs, with the pressure involved.
Old 02-20-06, 01:00 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Nervous? No

Anxious and Excited? Very!
Old 02-20-06, 02:58 PM
SpursReport Rookie

I'll stick up for the lurkers, many of us are legit, longtime fans!

Am I nervous? A little. I feel the Spurs have a good shot at the title, but they haven't convinced me that it is theirs to lose. They are the second or third best team in the league right now. Hopefully they will gell in the second half like they usually do, and wrap it all up.

I think our great record has to do more with the quality of the opposition. A lot of teams really suck this year. Our record vs the elite teams (Detroit, Phoenix, Dallas, Miami(?)) is 4-4. Not bad given the level of competition, but nothing like dominance.

Am I scared? Heck no. If it were a forgone conclusion, why watch?
Old 02-20-06, 03:04 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by akaDRooPY
we are comin down to the stretch where it really matters in the season, i feel like this hasnt been the spurs year(even with the 40 wins). With timmys foot, finley and van exel not gelling yet, and detroit playing SCARY basketball, Dallas even scares me. Maybe pop needs to sit Duncan a month for him to be near 100% they are gonna need him to be big in the playoffs! Spurs need to shift gear NOW
Naw. Nervous is having to explain to your wife why she needs a penicillin shot for your kidney infection.
Old 02-20-06, 03:27 PM
SpursReport Team Veteran

I agree this is stupid. If the Pistons shown us anything, it's that they can lose games too. Nothing to be scared about. The Mavs, sorry, I refuse to be scared by a team that's trying to be us. I mean, the best they can do is to be as good as us. So they can't be better than us. As for TD, injures happen, I refuse to be scared of something that only God has control over.
Old 02-20-06, 06:52 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2slowman
I'll stick up for the lurkers, many of us are legit, longtime fans!

Am I nervous? A little. I feel the Spurs have a good shot at the title, but they haven't convinced me that it is theirs to lose. They are the second or third best team in the league right now. Hopefully they will gell in the second half like they usually do, and wrap it all up.

I think our great record has to do more with the quality of the opposition. A lot of teams really suck this year. Our record vs the elite teams (Detroit, Phoenix, Dallas, Miami(?)) is 4-4. Not bad given the level of competition, but nothing like dominance.

Am I scared? Heck no. If it were a forgone conclusion, why watch?
good point, there is nothing more i want to see then Back2Back championships. well maybe back2back2back would be better