News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com
Old 02-17-06, 07:57 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Air Jordan XXI Launch

Link

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 02-17-06, 08:03 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

those are sweet!!

I LOVE the new commercial for em, with all the people playing basketball doing Jordan moves, and then it shows Jordan smiling, watching them at the end.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 02-17-06, 08:05 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurs|ATX|
those are sweet!!

I LOVE the new commercial for em, with all the people playing basketball doing Jordan moves, and then it shows Jordan smiling, watching them at the end.
That commercial is sweet!!!
Old 02-17-06, 08:07 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

It's a great commercial but it's also so-Jordan.

He knows he's going to forever be the one players are compared to.

I can see him arrogantly smiling as he cashes in that check.
Old 02-17-06, 09:03 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

somebodies jealous.

hmm. me too.
haha

jordans awesome. everyone should get the bulls dynasty series dvds
Old 02-17-06, 10:59 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason R
It's a great commercial but it's also so-Jordan.

He knows he's going to forever be the one players are compared to.

I can see him arrogantly smiling as he cashes in that check.
If I was MICHAEL JORDAN, I'd be arrogant too.

There are a few people in this world that have EVERY RIGHT to be arrogant, and MJ is one of them in my book.
Old 02-17-06, 11:19 PM
The Chosen One(Moderator)

uuuuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhh man what should I do? I want to get the Jordan Retro 14......but man I'm kinda feeling these.......which one should I get? Maybe I should get both.......but damn...thats like 300 plus on shoes......

I'm Batman's cousin
Old 02-17-06, 11:21 PM
SpursReport Rookie

neone know where to get a link to the commercial??
Old 02-17-06, 11:39 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Nike: a marketing genius. They've created a product for a very specific market. Kids will pay for, and even kill for, these SHOES. Brand loyalty... that's what these companies want. It's the Ford vs. Chevy . . . once you pick one over the other, you've fell for the marketing gimick they've created. You're a number from a statistic theory they developed long before the product was even developed.

Yeah... we're consumers and not only do they KNOW it, they've learned to exploit it.

When I looked at that shoe, I was reminded of all the wide-eyed consumers that were drooling at the thought of mortgaging anything they had to grab a pair. Those that have been lured in by Nike and their massive marketing machine.

and no... I'm not a communist. Just a common sense person that sees through all this exploitation CRAP.

Hey... if the shoe fits.
Old 02-18-06, 12:46 AM
SpursReport Team Member

ive heard about a bunch of situations around my neighborhood where kids get attacked for a pair of Jordans. I've wanted to buy a pair but Ive been gettin pretty scared hearin about these situations haha.
Old 02-18-06, 12:50 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gman
Nike: a marketing genius. They've created a product for a very specific market. Kids will pay for, and even kill for, these SHOES. Brand loyalty... that's what these companies want. It's the Ford vs. Chevy . . . once you pick one over the other, you've fell for the marketing gimick they've created. You're a number from a statistic theory they developed long before the product was even developed.

Yeah... we're consumers and not only do they KNOW it, they've learned to exploit it.

When I looked at that shoe, I was reminded of all the wide-eyed consumers that were drooling at the thought of mortgaging anything they had to grab a pair. Those that have been lured in by Nike and their massive marketing machine.

and no... I'm not a communist. Just a common sense person that sees through all this exploitation CRAP.

Hey... if the shoe fits.
What a pointless post. Mass marketing is everywhere anyway, what do you think the Spurs are, a not-for-profit recreation franchise?
Old 02-18-06, 01:15 AM
SpursReport Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krycek1
What a pointless post. Mass marketing is everywhere anyway, what do you think the Spurs are, a not-for-profit recreation franchise?
Actually, there is a lot of truth to what Gman is saying.

YES, mass marketing is everywhere.

But Gman isn't talking about mass marketing.

He is talking about branding, brand loyalty, folks obtaining Nike products simply because they have the Nike swoosh on them, or simply because of who endorses the product.

Gman says: "You're a number from a statistic theory they developed long before the product was even developed."

Wow, that is so true. The message there is that Nike has your sale, before the shoe has even been designed.

Nine months ago Nike knew the new Air Jordan was going to sell 2.3 million units. Nike could put out the ugliest Air Jordan EVER, and they would still sell 2.3 million units.

Hell, Nike could even cut the "mass Marketing" budget to ZERO, and do no print ads, no TV, no radio, no NBA TV or NBA or ABC or TNT.....and they would STILL sell 2.3 million units.

Nike IS a marketing genius.

And the sad thing is, Nike has people believing these shoes will actually help their basketball game.

I'm sorry, but if you only have an 18" vertical jump and snail speed wearing $10 sneakers, you will still have an 18" vertical jump and snail speed wearing the new Air Jordans.
Old 02-18-06, 01:36 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krycek1
Exactly. That was the point of my post. We're SURROUNDED by it. It just amazes me how corporations leach off each other, and the public (consumers) are often blind to this.

Pointless post? c'mon man... be nice.
Old 02-18-06, 01:57 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Its not just Nike and MJ though... Bam Margera could, and does, sell millions of shoes/clothing ALL because of his name. Granted probably not as much as Jordans, but the point is that there are sheep in virtually ALL major industries, ESPECIALLY the clothing and shoes industry. It shouldnt be news to anyone. Go into a skate shop and see how much the name Tony Hawk or Bam Margera sells and you wont be suprised by the general state of name brand consumption (particularly from young consumers) that exists here in the states. Nike, MJ, or NO, big names sell.

But I agree with yall in that Nike is a marketing genius, there's no denying it. For example, Nike within the past 4-5 years, too, has been trying to monopolize the skate industry. Trying their hardest to tap in on it. Signing a very fan-favorite name like Paul Rodriguez among others helps... Funny how they never cared about skateboarding before

btw, I dont think the shoes look thaat bad.
Old 02-18-06, 02:32 AM
SpursReport Rookie

not really feeling the XXI's. also for that price i could get some nice retro XIII's or XII's.
Old 02-18-06, 09:51 AM
SpursReport Team Captain

I like 'em. Jordan's my favorite player and then Timmy. I'd buy 'em.
Old 02-18-06, 02:33 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Me too I think they look great...
Old 02-18-06, 04:30 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruff_ryder010
not really feeling the XXI's. also for that price i could get some nice retro XIII's or XII's.
The quality is amazing. They are made out of genuine leather, carbon fiber pieces on the sole, and just feel amazing. Some of the other retro jordans just can't match the quality.
Old 02-18-06, 05:29 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

Alright so here's my story.

It's 11:00 AM and I'm wasting time, putting off going to the gym. I tell myself I just won't go today.

Then the damn Jordan commercial comes on.

I'm looking at this thing... and I can't help but be inspired to go. 1 hour of weights, 45 minutes of basketball.

Damn you Jordan. I love the inspiration.
Old 02-18-06, 06:18 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Thank God for Indonesian teenagers and their bloody nubs mascarading as fingers! Otherwise, I'd have to pay $399 for my new Jordans.

"Into Sean Elliott. He fires the three. AND HITS IT!"

Last edited by Menudo Terremoto Williams; 02-18-06 at 06:20 PM.
Old 02-18-06, 06:41 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

don;t care for the shoes. to expensive but that commercial is sweet.
Old 02-19-06, 01:01 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

I just recorded the audio feed that plays during the commercial. I'm going to use it as the song my computer plays to wake me up in the morning.
Old 02-19-06, 02:27 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menudo Terremoto Williams
Thank God for Indonesian teenagers and their bloody nubs mascarading as fingers! Otherwise, I'd have to pay $399 for my new Jordans.
Actually, if it wasn't for the Indonesian bloody nub fingered teenagers you would have to pay $428 for your new Jordans.......Factoring in the cost of the massive Air Jordan (and the new Kobe ad) advertising costs getting passed on to the consumer.