News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com
Old 01-24-06, 09:53 AM
Abominable snowballer

latest rumor: artest for peja!

http://www.nypost.com/sports/59477.htm

"I have it on excellent authority the Pacers and Kings are exceedingly close to swapping Ron Artest (three more years after this on his contract with a right to opt out after two) for Peja Stojakovic, who has the freedom to opt out after this season or play out the next. Then again, let me put it another way: The two teams are as close as my Paper Clips were to acquiring Artest for Corey Maggette before an Indiana doctor decided the swingman's left ankle was too great a risk."

"According to three sources, it's strictly Sacramento's call; the Pacers are agreeable and ready to deal, and are waiting for the Kings to make up their mind."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i guess there have been such trade talks for a year and it still would make sense for both teams.
if it is right, that it's the kings turn, they should do it.
there is a high risk that peja will opt out in the summer and if he does, he llikely won't resign with the kings.
kings need an enforcer and the way they are playing right now and considering their bad chemistry, there is a low risk that artest "blows something", because there isn't anything he could blow.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 01-24-06, 10:03 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Even though this seems like a lose / lose kind of trade, I think Sacramento would get the better end of the deal.

"Getting a Sixth Man award is like being the best left-handed guard," Ginobili said. "I believe you're either the best player or not." 3-26-07
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 01-24-06, 10:06 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

i don't think it's happening. as a kings fan i wanna see this team turn around and turn around fast. but im trying to be patient.
Old 01-24-06, 10:12 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

What do the Pacers get out of it? Peja is a FA this offseason, and I don't think they'll hallenge the Pistons with him on board... not this season.

I'd rather pick up a few nice young guys in return, than a high profile, no defense, likely to bolt star... but then again, maybe that's all the Pacers CAN do, so...
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnificent
i don't think it's happening. as a kings fan i wanna see this team turn around and turn around fast. but im trying to be patient.
No problem, we haven't handed it to the Kings yet... we're keeping it safe and warm, there's no hurry...
Old 01-24-06, 11:39 AM
SpursReport Rookie

This is old news, is it not...

The new news is that he is gonna retire if not traded and go to the d-league...
My opinion is that that would be the smartest idea for him...
He will get about 48 calls the second he goes NBDL.
Old 01-24-06, 11:41 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

No- this is new. I thought the Artest for Maggette would be the one but apparently the doctors nixed that one.
Old 01-24-06, 12:01 PM
SpursReport Team Member

The Kings definately need a shakeup. The question is if Artest is the kind of shakeup they need. I can already see Ronnie slapping Adelman when he benches him for misconduct.
Old 01-24-06, 12:39 PM
SpursReport Team Member

I think if the Kings get Artest it would give them a little of that long needed toughness. They have a team that can definatley get under teh oppsoitions skin and win games. Time will tell.
Old 01-24-06, 01:19 PM
SpursReport Team Member

God I wish the spurs got in on the deal....Finley/Barry/or something similar to Indiana , Sac gets Artest and we get Peja.....ahhh....drooling thinking of Peja stroking wide open threes while timmy gets doubled
Old 01-24-06, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naruto
The rumor is old, but the news that it might actually happen is new.
Old 01-24-06, 01:35 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Agreed and in my opinon makes total sense for both teams. Stoj can hold the fort until Granger who could be a stud down line gets some seasoning.

Meanwhile the Kings need something period.
Old 01-24-06, 02:43 PM
SpursReport Rookie

DONE DEAL!!!!!!!

REAL TRADE

ESPN.COM
Old 01-24-06, 02:46 PM
SpursReport Assistant Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnificent
still unimaginable how you can be both Laker and Kings fan.

"When nothing seems to help, I go look at a stonecutter hammering away at this rock perhaps 100 times without as much as a crack showing in it. Yet at the 101st blow, it will split in two and I know it was not that blow that did it. But all that had gone before." - Jacob Riis
Old 01-24-06, 02:51 PM
SpursReport Team Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naruto
Talked about here days ago.
http://www.spursreport.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=48215 (Sports talk: Sprewell to Spurs?)