News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com

Go Back   SpursReport.com > SpursReport Fan Forums > Spurs and NBA Fan Feedback

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-06, 01:00 PM
SpursReport Team Veteran

Agent wants his player to be traded (Could Spurs use him?)

link

PHOENIX – The agent for Seattle SuperSonics forward Reggie Evans has asked general manager Rick Sund to trade his client.

Dan Fegan, at Sunday’s game against Phoenix at US Airways Arena, said that since new Sonics coach Bob Hill does not want to play Evans, he recently approached Sund and asked that his client be dealt to a team that could better use his services.

“Reggie wants to stay in Seattle, he likes Seattle,” Fegan said. “But clearly there is not a role for Reggie on this team. With that said, we would prefer the team trade him to a place that can better utilize his skills.”

Sund, on the trip with the team, confirmed that Fegan had made the request but declined to comment further.

Evans started the first 23 games of the season for Seattle, averaging 7.1 points and 7.6 rebounds in 21.7 minutes. He leads the league in rebounds per minute.

But when Bob Weiss was fired as coach and Hill took over, Hill told Evans the team needed to make a change at the position because it was not winning. Hill inserted Vladimir Radmanovic into the lineup.

Evans was a restricted free agent this past summer, signing a one-year tender offer for $1 million after turning down a two-year, $4 million offer.

He will be an unrestricted free agent this summer, meaning he can sign with any team.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 01-23-06, 01:22 PM
SpursReport Team Member

I hear that he is an awesome rebounder, so he would be a nice pick up but I dont know about another PF cause we are already stacked at the position.
Old 01-23-06, 01:28 PM
SpursReport Team Veteran

A great rebounder for his size, but on the defensive end he struggles agaisnt other PF's. Ray Allen blocks more shots then this guy does, which is horrible considering Ray plays no defense.

He might be able to show our guys how to foul hard though, which wouldn't be a bad thing. The Spurs are the weakest fouling team in the league by far, I can't remember the last Spurs to actually give a good hard foul making sure the guy didn't get the and one. Kevin Willis??
Old 01-23-06, 01:32 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Sure, he's a GREAT rebounder - particularly for his small size - but, really, he simply is a clone of Malik Rose, only without an ounce of Malik's offensive ability. My personal belief is that what the Spurs are planning to let Nazr's contract expire, and use that space to finally sign Scola. I don't think for a minute that the Spurs would be interested in taking on another big (relatively speaking) body, even if his contract is for only this year. The last couple of games, in fact - certainly, possibly because there's more playing time due to Manu's absence - Oberto is looking more and more like what the Spurs had intended to use him for. I do like Reggie Evans, but he would simply be another Oberto, only shorter!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 01-23-06, 01:34 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

The guy has great upside. Bob Hill keeps talking about a steady rotation. They just don't want him to prove his worth for a larger off season payday.

Pathetic.
Old 01-23-06, 01:35 PM
SpursReport Team Veteran

Hill would never approve a trade to Popovich. Or would he?
Old 01-23-06, 02:36 PM
SpursReport Assistant Coach

Well, Pop might order him to.

"Bob, remember how i fired you? I could bad mouth you more around the league if you want...."

Evans would fit that athletic rebounder that's needed. He fouls quicky, but heck, with all the bodies already, fouling isn't necessairly as big a deal.

He defintely helped the Sonics last year against the Spurs. He was one of those who was very rough. Spurs sometimes need to send those penetrators to the floor, especially after the crap that Parker and Manu recieve on a game to game basis.

"When nothing seems to help, I go look at a stonecutter hammering away at this rock perhaps 100 times without as much as a crack showing in it. Yet at the 101st blow, it will split in two and I know it was not that blow that did it. But all that had gone before." - Jacob Riis
Old 01-23-06, 02:44 PM
SpursReport Mod Geezer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob42378
Sure, he's a GREAT rebounder - particularly for his small size - but, really, he simply is a clone of Malik Rose, only without an ounce of Malik's offensive ability. My personal belief is that what the Spurs are planning to let Nazr's contract expire, and use that space to finally sign Scola.

That Scola ship has pretty much sailed and probably won't return in these waters until his contract ends in 2008.
Old 01-23-06, 02:53 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

He wouldn't see an ounce of playing time with Tim, Rob, Fabio, Rasho, Nazr in the frontcourt. Sure his rebounding and hustle are great but thats all he brings and thats not worth trading anyone Spurs have for him.
Old 01-23-06, 04:53 PM
SpursReport Assistant Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Deity
He wouldn't see an ounce of playing time with Tim, Rob, Fabio, Rasho, Nazr in the frontcourt. Sure his rebounding and hustle are great but thats all he brings and thats not worth trading anyone Spurs have for him.
Well he'd play along side a Duncan or Horry. And Oberto is still up in the air. He only recently saw time with Horry out. So, you never know as far as his role if he came on the team.

"When nothing seems to help, I go look at a stonecutter hammering away at this rock perhaps 100 times without as much as a crack showing in it. Yet at the 101st blow, it will split in two and I know it was not that blow that did it. But all that had gone before." - Jacob Riis
Old 01-23-06, 05:32 PM
SpursReport Rookie

well he is an absolutely horrible free throw shooter..lets do it!
Old 01-23-06, 06:58 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Deity
He wouldn't see an ounce of playing time with Tim, Rob, Fabrio, Rasho, Nazr in the frontcourt. Sure his rebounding and hustle are great but thats all he brings and thats not worth trading anyone Spurs have for him.
Well, Nazr and Rasho both struggle at times, and Horry will probably play less minutes as the year goes on. Fabio is still up in the air. Couldn't hurt, IMO
Old 01-23-06, 07:05 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Unless Melvin Sanders gets that trade done, then no thanks. A player I wouldn't mind picking up on the cheap if he were a free agent, but not someone I'd be willing to give anyone up for.