News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com
Old 01-20-06, 08:35 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

Tony Parker is amazing

What a great game he's having. Can't believe people still criticize the guy. He's not perfect but he's playing very well this year.
Old 01-20-06, 08:37 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

I'm going to be very sad if TP is not an All-Star this year, he's been freaking amazing and consistently so. That's been his knock in the past, his inconsistency, but he's doing so well still.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 01-20-06, 08:37 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

Please Pop, let him go for 30 + lol
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 01-20-06, 08:39 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraBC
Screw that, career high.
Old 01-20-06, 08:52 PM
SpursReport Assistant Coach

very nice drive and dish to Bowen for a big three.

"When nothing seems to help, I go look at a stonecutter hammering away at this rock perhaps 100 times without as much as a crack showing in it. Yet at the 101st blow, it will split in two and I know it was not that blow that did it. But all that had gone before." - Jacob Riis
Old 01-20-06, 08:56 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

For me he's a lock to ASG, he's playing great
Old 01-20-06, 08:57 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurs Brazil
For me he's a lock to ASG, he's playing great
I thought the Memphis game on Monday was what secured it but this game would make it a crime to deny him.
Old 01-20-06, 09:00 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Parker has been the linchpin of the team tonight.. he has taken some hard hits, just gets up and keeps going... scoring-wise he has schooled the heat and helped maintain the lead.
Old 01-20-06, 09:03 PM

If anyone is talking about TP and how he needs to improve....has not watched any games this year.
Brooklyn's #1 Spurs fan!!!
Old 01-20-06, 09:05 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

He's an all-star

there is no reason he shouldnt be on that team
Old 01-20-06, 09:08 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Tony Parker has been amazing!

having said that, I do have some criticism (if its not too out of place ). Too many turnovers.

Cant complain about much of anything else though, dont get me wrong. He's an All-Star all the way.
Old 01-20-06, 09:38 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

New career high tonight, 36 points so far, still got a minute to go
Old 01-20-06, 09:40 PM
SpursReport Team Member

If TP isn't voted in I think it's a safe bet he will be the coaches' pick. More importantly, I hope he can bring this game to the playoffs.

"Getting a Sixth Man award is like being the best left-handed guard," Ginobili said. "I believe you're either the best player or not." 3-26-07
Old 01-20-06, 09:41 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

Damn I wanted 40
Old 01-20-06, 09:42 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

T. Parker
13-18, 38 Pts
4 Rebs, 5 Assists
Miami

D. Wade
13-27, 33 Pts
4 Rebs, 1 Assists
Old 01-20-06, 09:43 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

This game will work for TP like last year game against the Suns worked to put Manu at ASG
Old 01-20-06, 09:47 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

dude all the coaches said their goal was to stop tp this year
he was an allstar before tonight
Old 01-20-06, 09:48 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

That is true, Ducks
Old 01-20-06, 09:51 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Parker > Wade :-D
Old 01-20-06, 09:51 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

you are sweet
Old 01-20-06, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALSPURS
If anyone is talking about TP and how he needs to improve....has not watched any games this year.

Well he shouldn't be free of criticism either, nor should any Spur. He still needs to keep working hard on that jump shot. Then he'll be unstoppable.

"When nothing seems to help, I go look at a stonecutter hammering away at this rock perhaps 100 times without as much as a crack showing in it. Yet at the 101st blow, it will split in two and I know it was not that blow that did it. But all that had gone before." - Jacob Riis
Old 01-20-06, 10:21 PM

He struggled on Saturday's game against Memphis, which led to that talk with Pop which led to possible the 3 best games of Parkers career. It's not just the scoring, he's been scoring all year long, it's how he is getting his points, it's how he is getting everyone involved, it's how he has taken over at the right time when the team needs him to and not because he feels like he has to. The defining moment of Parker's career may have come when he got he hell knocked out of him by Posey and he came back and stole the ball and knocked down that 3.

In the 3 games since Sat. he seems to have gotten a grasp of how to control a game. It's not about scoring,it's about being the brain that runs this team. And the fact that Tony is becoming such a complete pt. guard just makes him more dangerous than ever. Another great play by Tony was his pass to Bowen for a three that was badly needed, and it was great decision on his part and to me that play is what got them back on track.

I've been a critic of Tony because this is the level I want from him 90% of the time, not 60 or 70 but 9 games out of 10. Tonight showed he has it in him. This guy with this speed and quickness and now if he can master the mental part of the game like he has this past 3 games is going to be a superstar. Forget all-star.
Old 01-20-06, 10:22 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

All Star
Old 01-20-06, 10:23 PM

Come on Grego...

You are really nit picking.

The guy is driving the basket and hitting...why settile for the jumper?

If there is one player that has helped us more then anyone this year to be in Jan and only have 9 losses....It Tony Parker.
Brooklyn's #1 Spurs fan!!!
Old 01-20-06, 10:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALSPURS
Come on Grego...

You are really nit picking.

The guy is driving the basket and hitting...why settile for the jumper?

If there is one player that has helped us more then anyone this year to be in Jan and only have 9 losses....It Tony Parker.
As I said, he shouldn't be free of criticism just like any other player. That was a general statement. A great season still can be great, but he can still screw up big time in a game, just like any other player.

He's having a great year though, and generally has earned all the good praise.

However, just like any player, he shouldn't be free of criticism just because he's had that great year.

Now having said all that, he and Bowen have been the most consistent Spurs all year.

Last edited by Grego; 01-20-06 at 10:40 PM.
Old 01-20-06, 11:04 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

TP was taking alot of hard hits tonight but it didn't stop him. It was right for him to shoot more than TD because his FG% was up there. 3 TO is not bad considering Heat were all over him. He was definitely top dog tonight!!!!
Old 01-20-06, 11:47 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

One of the most important aspects of development that I see in Tony is that he doesn't quit. In past seasons, Tony would be standing around, seemingly gazing at the stars for periods of the game. He would become invisible... No penetration, passing the ball as soon as it touched his hands and doing nothing for the rest of that offensive set. Now, he's constantly moving and trying to make something happen. What impresses me most is that Tony doesn't seem to be wilting against physicality. This was one of his biggest knocks. Knock him on his butt and he would disappear. This game, he got several hard hits and only seemed to come harder. That's exactly what I like to see from Parker.
Old 01-21-06, 01:59 AM
SpursReport Team Veteran

I liked the half time quote he made, I can't remember word for word, but the reporter asked him something about the rough treatment he got, and Tony said along the lines of "I don't really care, I just get up and take the ball straight back at the rim". Loved that.

He was on another level today, above everyone on the court, even Wade. Those jumpshots were immaculate, I think he was 5/6 on jumpers and 2/2 on 3's for 7/8 on jumpshots. He doesn't have to be that consistent because nobody is that good with there jumpshots, but if he can have games where he shoots those %'s every now and again, to compliment his driving then he is going to be that much more hard to stop.

He just had his Manu 48pts against Phoenix game. He has to be a stone cold lock for the AS game now.
Old 01-21-06, 05:59 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Tony is going through another one of those maturation steps, like the one we saw him go through during last 15 or so games last reg season, and the one he went through last PO's . . . he's definitely developing even more confidence, perhaps even a slight swagger . . . I love what I'm seeing ouut of him.

And that play to end the 1st qtr! What a freakin' KICK ASS PLAY! That showed me he's got the stuff. He doesn't back down to anyone or anything - winners are made of that kinda stuff.

One thing no one's pointing out: Tony had MERELY 3 TO's last night against a team who very well may take the East this yr, and who was doing everything it could to deny him his penetrations and play set-ups - that's a pretty damn good stat.

Keep it up lil' guy - I knew you had this in you, and it makes me well up with joy to see you bring it to fruition.
Old 01-21-06, 08:40 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraBC
*SHAZAM* your wish has been granted!!
Old 01-21-06, 09:35 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Lol, damn i dont post here much, but this is one of the few topics i will post on. Everyones pretty much summed it up.. yeah i do agree that his TO's are the only thing thats stopping him from being like almost PERFECT.. but, if you look at tims, and manus stats.. they usually have just as many. So im not saying its a BIG deal. But yeah.. hopefully he keeps his consistency. He's a freakin' ALL-STAR!
Old 01-21-06, 09:55 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by scheely
*SHAZAM* your wish has been granted!!
Thanks, genie
Old 01-22-06, 12:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker_fan9
Lol, damn i dont post here much, but this is one of the few topics i will post on. Everyones pretty much summed it up.. yeah i do agree that his TO's are the only thing thats stopping him from being like almost PERFECT.. but, if you look at tims, and manus stats.. they usually have just as many. So im not saying its a BIG deal. But yeah.. hopefully he keeps his consistency. He's a freakin' ALL-STAR!
Actually, its just his jump shooting. Turnovers aren't as big a deal, but Tony will get his chance at many shots in games, especially in the post season.

Old 01-22-06, 02:31 AM
SpursReport Team Captain

This was Tony's Announcement game, much like Manu's Jan 22 48pt OT game against Phoenix last year. He is an All-Star for sure.

The resemblance goes further
-tough opponent
-a teammate goes down because of an ankle sprain caused by stepping on someone's foot
-the announcing crew is my favorite: Mike Breen and Bill Walton
Old 01-22-06, 07:01 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnwhuxley
This was Tony's Announcement game, much like Manu's Jan 22 48pt OT game against Phoenix last year. He is an All-Star for sure.

The resemblance goes further
-tough opponent
-a teammate goes down because of an ankle sprain caused by stepping on someone's foot
-the announcing crew is my favorite: Mike Breen and Bill Walton
Annnnnd Brent Barry makes two critical threes late in regulation (im saying regulation cause in the Suns game, he also played well in ot)
Lest we forget, in the biggest NBA game of the last decade, the Spurs handled the Pistons in the type of game that Detroit is supposedly built for. In deciding games between San Antonio and Detroit, the Spurs are 1-0, and the Pistons are 0-1.