News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com
  #1  
Old 01-18-06, 10:12 PM
Spurs Brazil's Avatar
SpursReport Team Captain
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: São Paulo, Brazil
Posts: 8,699
Rasho

I was wrong about start Nazr. I don't think Rasho is playing very well but he's doing much better than Nazr and Oberto.

For me is tough to say who is playing better because today's game was only the 4th that I could see this season.

So I thought that I would see the playoffs Nazr, playing agressive, but he and Oberto are LOST on the system. Rasho know where he needs to be. I just hope Rasho can do a better job on the rebs.

It's very sad to see that Oberto and Nazr look that lost with already 41 games in the season.
__________________
"We would have two less championships here if it wasn't for Manu Ginobili," Popovich said. "In my book, Manu Ginobili is the stud of the world.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
  #2  
Old 01-18-06, 10:13 PM
ro_50's Avatar
SpursReport Team Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Somewhere in Jersey
Posts: 5,729

Rasho does one thing very well, he alters a lot of shots.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
  #3  
Old 01-18-06, 10:17 PM
ALSPURS's Avatar
SpursReport Assistant Coach
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Posts: 13,108

I am not a huge Rasho fan...but he did get 2 huge Off.rebounds down the stretch of the ball game when Td's shots came up short.
__________________
Brooklyn's #1 Spurs fan!!!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
  #4  
Old 01-18-06, 10:19 PM
ennui30's Avatar
SpursReport Team Bench
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 2,015

A Marcus Camby player would be huge. A great rebounder and hard-nosed defender who won't take shots away from the other players.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
  #5  
Old 01-18-06, 10:20 PM
Spurs Brazil's Avatar
SpursReport Team Captain
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: São Paulo, Brazil
Posts: 8,699

Nazr also looks lost. He missed a lot of rotations.


He's with this team in the last 11 months, how the hell he can be so lost in the system?
__________________
"We would have two less championships here if it wasn't for Manu Ginobili," Popovich said. "In my book, Manu Ginobili is the stud of the world.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
  #6  
Old 01-18-06, 10:21 PM
guerito's Avatar
SpursReport Team Bench
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: ATX
Posts: 1,563

Take Beno.

Sure, he isn't really getting more time than last year, but look at what he's doing with the time. Much better than last year.

Oberto's no rookie, but he's no Sabonis, either.

And if you have doubts about Nazr, think back to his play in the postseason last year:
is he really a worse player than last year?

Regards,

tk
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
  #7  
Old 01-18-06, 10:22 PM
mckennaspur1's Avatar
SpursReport Team Captain
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: nyc
Posts: 6,178

Makes me start to wonder about "The System".

How hard can it be, really? Are we talking rocket science? Is there anyway it can be simplified so that guys like Nazr and Oberto can just play instead of doing math on the floor?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
  #8  
Old 01-18-06, 10:23 PM
spurs_believer's Avatar
SpursReport Team Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 839

Quote:
Originally Posted by ennui30
A Marcus Camby player would be huge. A great rebounder and hard-nosed defender who won't take shots away from the other players.
...and not injury prone.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
  #9  
Old 01-18-06, 10:23 PM
beeballerblueUK's Avatar
SpursReport Rookie
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Riverwalk, Kentucky
Posts: 103

I love Nazr and know he's better than the way he's been playing!!! He needs to step his game up and be the center we desperatley need. I know that he could be better than Rasho in all areas of the game. What's his problem though??
__________________




Coach Billy Gillispie loves UK, Dr Pepper, & the Spurs!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
  #10  
Old 01-18-06, 10:24 PM
DizzG's Avatar
SpursReport Team Captain
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Posts: 8,595

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckennaspur1
Makes me start to wonder about "The System".

How hard can it be, really? Are we talking rocket science? Is there anyway it can be simplified so that guys like Nazr and Oberto can just play instead of doing math on the floor?
Nazr fit in last year...this year he seems braindead. I see no reason to change the defensive system thats won SA 3 titles just because Nazr cant get it this year. At least Rasho understands the system well
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
  #11  
Old 01-18-06, 10:28 PM
spurs_believer's Avatar
SpursReport Team Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 839

Quote:
Originally Posted by beeballerblueUK
I love Nazr and know he's better than the way he's been playing!!! He needs to step his game up and be the center we desperatley need. I know that he could be better than Rasho in all areas of the game. What's his problem though??
The same can be said about Rasho too! It would be great if both of them step up.

They are both seriously under-achieveing.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
  #12  
Old 01-18-06, 10:29 PM
SCdac's Avatar
SpursReport Team Bench
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 1,080

Rasho has been playing great. Particularly on defense. He does alter shots very well.

I dont think his few bad games/few mistakes in some games outweigh how well he's been playing lately and how important he's been.

He's totally deserving of the starting spot from my point of view.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
  #13  
Old 01-18-06, 10:30 PM
pjjrfan's Avatar
SpursReport Assistant Coach
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: San Antonio, Tx
Posts: 9,999

Chalk one up for Rasho. I thought the block at the end of the 4th qtr was really huge. And he got an offensive rebound and tapped a rebound to Tim who bounced it off Kukoc's face, all those plays added up to helping the team win.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
  #14  
Old 01-18-06, 10:32 PM
Spurs Brazil's Avatar
SpursReport Team Captain
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: São Paulo, Brazil
Posts: 8,699

I feel better when Rasho is in, at least he know what he's doing, Nazr is more aggressive but he's lost on both ends of the court
__________________
"We would have two less championships here if it wasn't for Manu Ginobili," Popovich said. "In my book, Manu Ginobili is the stud of the world.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
  #15  
Old 01-18-06, 11:08 PM
Rzarector7's Avatar
Dr. Doom!!!
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: VA
Posts: 5,543

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCdac
Rasho has been playing great. Particularly on defense. He does alter shots very well.

I dont think his few bad games/few mistakes in some games outweigh how well he's been playing lately and how important he's been.

He's totally deserving of the starting spot from my point of view.
I would hardly say great about that man, great is like Tim or Gino etc., even Finley the last few games, now thats great..... He playing good enough probably, but hardly great at all. Great would be 10 and 8 or so for him, he can't even do that, hardly great.
__________________
Win or lose this is a game -
You could let it pick your brain for weeks and months, just replay it over and over, won't do you any good at all. When someone loses a loved one and they do that it only brings forth anguish. I feel acceptance is sometimes the key, it happened, now you have to react to it. Giving up is not an option.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
  #16  
Old 01-18-06, 11:13 PM
LauraBC's Avatar
SpursReport Team Captain
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Between Spurs and Beatles fandom
Posts: 9,071

LOL too bad user_name can't post.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
  #17  
Old 01-18-06, 11:15 PM
DaSpuRRs21's Avatar
SpursReport Team Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 339

nazr played better last year when he was starting. y not let him start and see what happens
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
  #18  
Old 01-18-06, 11:16 PM
DizzG's Avatar
SpursReport Team Captain
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Posts: 8,595

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraBC
LOL too bad user_name can't post.
she can if she wants. the timeout is up
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
  #19  
Old 01-18-06, 11:18 PM
hornonmyankle's Avatar
SpursReport Rookie
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 131

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraBC
LOL too bad user_name can't post.
I said before the season that I thought it would be Nazr traded (not Rasho). I think his play in the playoffs was overrated and yet he will still demand way too much money next season. I sure hope we can dump him for any servicable and contract-friendly part.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
  #20  
Old 01-18-06, 11:18 PM
Rzarector7's Avatar
Dr. Doom!!!
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: VA
Posts: 5,543

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraBC
LOL too bad user_name can't post.
She is reading this and steaming mad at times from my response, she would take him over D Rob in his prime for sure He is alright at most though, lets be real. People in here saying he is doing great are crazy, he is doing far from great, just better than the other bad Centers we have right now.
__________________
Win or lose this is a game -
You could let it pick your brain for weeks and months, just replay it over and over, won't do you any good at all. When someone loses a loved one and they do that it only brings forth anguish. I feel acceptance is sometimes the key, it happened, now you have to react to it. Giving up is not an option.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
  #21  
Old 01-18-06, 11:22 PM
spurs_believer's Avatar
SpursReport Team Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 839

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rzarector7
...just better than the other bad Centers we have right now.
Which is kinda of sad: we have an under-performing center, who's still doing better than the backup, who's completely lost.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
  #22  
Old 01-18-06, 11:27 PM
Alamo Girl's Avatar
SpursReport Team Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Toronto
Posts: 5,472

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraBC
LOL too bad user_name can't post.
I know eh KO. Finally a positive Rasho thread and Username isn't here to participate. I wonder if she still reads this forum. Well PM me and let me know if you do, username.
__________________
All NBA first team three 3 decades- TD!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
  #23  
Old 01-18-06, 11:28 PM
RichB's Avatar
SpursReport Assistant Coach
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: San Antonio,Tx
Posts: 9,288

I obviously missed something.

What happened to username?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
  #24  
Old 01-18-06, 11:29 PM
MomBear's Avatar
MomBear
Guest
 
Posts: n/a

stay on topic or I am locking this thread.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
  #25  
Old 01-18-06, 11:33 PM
Rzarector7's Avatar
Dr. Doom!!!
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: VA
Posts: 5,543

Quote:
Originally Posted by hornonmyankle
I said before the season that I thought it would be Nazr traded (not Rasho). I think his play in the playoffs was overrated and yet he will still demand way too much money next season. I sure hope we can dump him for any servicable and contract-friendly part.
Of course because of that, and Pop loves Rasho it seems still...... I think Nazr goes first too for real, but that does not mean Rasho is any good or even doing what he can do IMO, he was better before he came here in Minny for Gods sakes on the boards and scoring, I thought he would do that 10 and 7 here too but never came close. Rasho is a dissapointment no doubt, but yeah Nazr will go first.


BTW Mom I WILL JUST LET it go like somene said, I said what I need to about Rasho and so on and thats how I stand, the guy is just not that good IMO.
__________________
Win or lose this is a game -
You could let it pick your brain for weeks and months, just replay it over and over, won't do you any good at all. When someone loses a loved one and they do that it only brings forth anguish. I feel acceptance is sometimes the key, it happened, now you have to react to it. Giving up is not an option.

Last edited by Rzarector7; 01-18-06 at 11:37 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
  #26  
Old 01-18-06, 11:41 PM
Rzarector7's Avatar
Dr. Doom!!!
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: VA
Posts: 5,543

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake
yeah, that's what gets me too is when people start going overboard about the greatness of Rasho when he hits double digits in a game.......

here was our center production tonite from Rashr Mohammovic:

approx 42 minutes 2 points 8 rebounds 2 blocked shots.....

I'd say they both equally sucked for most of the game although they both had a couple of key offensive rebounds......
They are horrible LOL, and LOL at us in here after every game talking who is better and who should start when in reality it just shows how weak they both are when you post that. Our Center is our problem, period.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake
neither center will be traded at this point.
I agree on that......
__________________
Win or lose this is a game -
You could let it pick your brain for weeks and months, just replay it over and over, won't do you any good at all. When someone loses a loved one and they do that it only brings forth anguish. I feel acceptance is sometimes the key, it happened, now you have to react to it. Giving up is not an option.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
  #27  
Old 01-19-06, 12:26 AM
Dark Deity's Avatar
SpursReport Team Bench
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: SA
Posts: 2,131

Rasho really impressed me today in the sense that he made some clutch defensive plays and he hustled for those two key offensive rebounds. Rasho is still one awful rebounder for a seven footer but I'll be damn if those weren't the two most important boards he's collected all season.

Even with the weak stats, he brought some hustle and energy for a change in the 4th and it paid off. Props to him for that.
__________________
Bah.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
  #28  
Old 01-19-06, 12:37 AM
coyotes_geek's Avatar
SpursReport Team Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 4,169

Oh how I yearn for the day when we can be blessed with a center who can "impress" us on such a regular basis that we are unable to single out every individual positive act he was part of.

Sadly it appears that such a center is NOT on our team at this moment.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
  #29  
Old 01-19-06, 12:41 AM
DULESfreestyler's Avatar
SpursReport Team Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Perth
Posts: 2,397

neither of them did anything special or out of the ordinary for 3 quarters but Rasho did step up in the 4th with offensive rebounds and that block.. to be fair, rasho didn't seee much court time in the first half because of foul trouble.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
  #30  
Old 01-19-06, 12:52 AM
Rzarector7's Avatar
Dr. Doom!!!
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: VA
Posts: 5,543

Quote:
Originally Posted by coyotes_geek
Oh how I yearn for the day when we can be blessed with a center who can "impress" us on such a regular basis that we are unable to single out every individual positive act he was part of.

Sadly it appears that such a center is NOT on our team at this moment.
Thats life after D Rob man, being spoiled for so many years with that great atlhete did that to us here, now we are seeing reality at Center. I still laugh at some even saying he is playing great or whatnot (Rasho), shows you how standards are on this team and pointing out every little thing he does in the game as a positivie all the time, when in reality every player on our team does that every game. Someone is gonna do a positive thing here and there with mins, they just point his out the most it seems.
__________________
Win or lose this is a game -
You could let it pick your brain for weeks and months, just replay it over and over, won't do you any good at all. When someone loses a loved one and they do that it only brings forth anguish. I feel acceptance is sometimes the key, it happened, now you have to react to it. Giving up is not an option.

Last edited by Rzarector7; 01-19-06 at 12:58 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
  #31  
Old 01-19-06, 02:05 AM
curiousspirit's Avatar
SpursReport Team Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: under the radar
Posts: 3,614

http://http://www.mysanantonio.com/s....180b21fa.html

Spurs teammates have faith in Nesterovic's talents



Web Posted: 01/19/2006 12:26 AM CST

Mike Monroe
Express-News Staff Writer

Rasho Nesterovic didn't score a point in the Spurs' 95-92 victory over the Milwaukee Bucks at the AT&T Center, missing his only shot and both his free throws.

His teammates and coaches, though, understand the depth of Nesterovic's contribution to their 30th victory of the season. He was as vital on the defensive block and on the offensive glass as Michael Finley was important behind the 3-point line.

In the final 5 1/2 minutes Nesterovic blocked a shot by Milwaukee's Jamaal Magloire, grabbed two offensive rebounds, one of which was turned into a Finley 3-pointer, blocked a would-be layup by the Bucks' T.J. Ford, and altered a shot by Michael Redd with 56 seconds left and the Spurs ahead by just two points.

It has been rare to see Nesterovic on the court in crunch time of close games this season. Ordinarily, 14-year veteran Robert Horry joins Tim Duncan for the late stages of such games. But on Wednesday Horry was on the bench, in street clothes, nursing a lower abdominal strain, so Nesterovic had a chance to make some of his most meaningful plays of the season. He did not disappoint, no matter how tepid his box score line might appear.

"Nobody is ever going to say, 'Oh, look at what Rasho is doing,'" said Manu Ginobili, as popular as any Spur, even on a night when he missed nine of 14 shots. "But there are reasons why he is starting and playing so many minutes and doing good. The team trusts him. We know that he is most of the time in the right spot at the right time, so we can trust him and rely on him."

Nesterovic has started all but one of the Spurs' 39 games this season and played nearly twice as many minutes as backup center Nazr Mohammed, who replaced him in the starting lineup late last season and then started every playoff game in the Spurs' championship run. He is the least productive of the Spurs' starters, but content with his role, especially when he knows he has made a solid contribution to a victory.

Spurs' coach Gregg Popovich, while occasionally frustrated by Nesterovic's reluctance to assert himself on offense, was happy to see his aggression on the offensive glass and at the defensive end.

"He had a blocked shot and got some rebounds and gave us that blink that we needed," Popovich said. "We were prepared that (Andrew) Bogut wasn't going to do to us what he did to us in Milwaukee, where he got every offensive board and stuck it back in. But Rasho did a good job."

One of the things Bogut did to the Spurs on Dec. 20, in Milwaukee, was to make a shot off an in-bounds lob pass at the end of overtime, giving the Bucks a 109-107 victory. Nesterovic had the defensive assignment on Bogut on that play, but he insisted he gave no thought to it as he approached Wednesday's game.

"No," he said. "It's done. We just wanted to come in and not let them outrebound us like in that game. We tried to do as good a job on the boards as possible."


__________________________________________________ ___________

Blake and rzarector7, why don't we defer to the opinions that the actual coach and players have rather than speculate on who is better? Just a suggestion.
__________________
It is what it is -- Bruce Bowen
When everyone thinks alike, no one thinks.-- Bill Walton

Last edited by curiousspirit; 01-19-06 at 02:07 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
  #32  
Old 01-19-06, 01:09 PM
Rzarector7's Avatar
Dr. Doom!!!
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: VA
Posts: 5,543

Quote:
Originally Posted by curiousspirit
http://http://www.mysanantonio.com/s....180b21fa.html

Spurs teammates have faith in Nesterovic's talents



Web Posted: 01/19/2006 12:26 AM CST

Mike Monroe
Express-News Staff Writer

Rasho Nesterovic didn't score a point in the Spurs' 95-92 victory over the Milwaukee Bucks at the AT&T Center, missing his only shot and both his free throws.

His teammates and coaches, though, understand the depth of Nesterovic's contribution to their 30th victory of the season. He was as vital on the defensive block and on the offensive glass as Michael Finley was important behind the 3-point line.

In the final 5 1/2 minutes Nesterovic blocked a shot by Milwaukee's Jamaal Magloire, grabbed two offensive rebounds, one of which was turned into a Finley 3-pointer, blocked a would-be layup by the Bucks' T.J. Ford, and altered a shot by Michael Redd with 56 seconds left and the Spurs ahead by just two points.

It has been rare to see Nesterovic on the court in crunch time of close games this season. Ordinarily, 14-year veteran Robert Horry joins Tim Duncan for the late stages of such games. But on Wednesday Horry was on the bench, in street clothes, nursing a lower abdominal strain, so Nesterovic had a chance to make some of his most meaningful plays of the season. He did not disappoint, no matter how tepid his box score line might appear.

"Nobody is ever going to say, 'Oh, look at what Rasho is doing,'" said Manu Ginobili, as popular as any Spur, even on a night when he missed nine of 14 shots. "But there are reasons why he is starting and playing so many minutes and doing good. The team trusts him. We know that he is most of the time in the right spot at the right time, so we can trust him and rely on him."

Nesterovic has started all but one of the Spurs' 39 games this season and played nearly twice as many minutes as backup center Nazr Mohammed, who replaced him in the starting lineup late last season and then started every playoff game in the Spurs' championship run. He is the least productive of the Spurs' starters, but content with his role, especially when he knows he has made a solid contribution to a victory.

Spurs' coach Gregg Popovich, while occasionally frustrated by Nesterovic's reluctance to assert himself on offense, was happy to see his aggression on the offensive glass and at the defensive end.

"He had a blocked shot and got some rebounds and gave us that blink that we needed," Popovich said. "We were prepared that (Andrew) Bogut wasn't going to do to us what he did to us in Milwaukee, where he got every offensive board and stuck it back in. But Rasho did a good job."

One of the things Bogut did to the Spurs on Dec. 20, in Milwaukee, was to make a shot off an in-bounds lob pass at the end of overtime, giving the Bucks a 109-107 victory. Nesterovic had the defensive assignment on Bogut on that play, but he insisted he gave no thought to it as he approached Wednesday's game.

"No," he said. "It's done. We just wanted to come in and not let them outrebound us like in that game. We tried to do as good a job on the boards as possible."


__________________________________________________ ___________

Blake and rzarector7, why don't we defer to the opinions that the actual coach and players have rather than speculate on who is better? Just a suggestion.
I have no problem with that right there, it just seems they need to say this stuff and treat him special like a retarded kid who they are trying to make feel good and motivate all the time He did well last night at a certain point I understand that, but why focus on him so muchin here and make threads nightly when he is not the focal point or even the 5th best player on the team? He does some things, so do the other starters and they need to be talked about more IMO than Rasho does, he doesn't do what Bruce does even nightly nor produce like him out there, hell Finley is bigger to the team off the bench IMO than Rasho's role. Rasho is treated like some star in here and someone had the nerve to say he was playing great ball in here earlier on which makes me cringe. Lets not fool ourselves he is a role player who is decent, good on D at times because he knows where to be, thats all he is, then again that might be all the Spurs need (Hopefully). Can you agree???? James R agree?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesR
You don't understand, this is obvoiusly a ploy by Pop to raise Rasho's trade value so Nazr can start. [/rashobashers]
I never said that, I just said what I said above a million times. People in here point out every little thing he does in a game to up him and don't point out the 0-3 shooting or 0-4 FT's and 4 boards or so he gets, if you up the good you have to say the bad as well with that. He is good on position D I can say that, but seriously he is average as hell and that scares me at times when thinking of playing Detroit in the finals, the two games with the boarding problems scared me. I just think he gets a pass for everything he does while Nazr gets criticized for his shortcomings. Rasho is one of the most protected players on this board and people jump on you if you say anything about him bad or even TRUE, it just seems he is special on here and treated like a kid you are trying to pep up and give morale too all the time while he should take that innitiative himself and not need a coach or player to constantly try to make him feel better and give him confidence. Rasho needs to play with more life like he did last year late all the tiime, thats fine with me and I hope he can do more of that instead of looking like night of the damn living dead out there or a tree with branches sticking out standing still.
__________________
Win or lose this is a game -
You could let it pick your brain for weeks and months, just replay it over and over, won't do you any good at all. When someone loses a loved one and they do that it only brings forth anguish. I feel acceptance is sometimes the key, it happened, now you have to react to it. Giving up is not an option.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
  #33  
Old 01-19-06, 01:24 PM
bo spur's Avatar
SpursReport Team Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Austin
Posts: 5,775

Quote:
neither of them did anything special or out of the ordinary for 3 quarters but Rasho did step up in the 4th with offensive rebounds and that block.. to be fair, rasho didn't seee much court time in the first half because of foul trouble.
He also might have been pulled off the court for that stupid saving the ball and throwing right to a Buck for a made three pointer. What made that so bad is not only did he save a ball on the opponents side of the court, but he was saving a missed shot by a Buck, so it would have been Spurs ball if he let it go out of bounds. Not very high B-Ball IQ if you ask me.
__________________
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
  #34  
Old 01-19-06, 01:36 PM
MarineForLife's Avatar
SpursReport Team Bench
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 2,100

Quote:
Originally Posted by bo spur
He also might have been pulled off the court for that stupid saving the ball and throwing right to a Buck for a made three pointer. What made that so bad is not only did he save a ball on the opponents side of the court, but he was saving a missed shot by a Buck, so it would have been Spurs ball if he let it go out of bounds. Not very high B-Ball IQ if you ask me.
yeah, but it's better than standing in the lane and watching the opponent whiz right by you for layup after layup after layup, like you're sitting on your front porch sipping lemonade and watching the traffic go by . . . that was Nazr not only last night but also the last game vs Memphis . . . DizzG said he's braindead . . . I can think of no better description . . . Nazr is completely, utterly lost out there. He doesn't know what's going on. I say bench him indefinitely and develop Oberto until Nazr demonstrates in practice that he not only knows what's happening but that he's also mastered the system. He can do that by Mar/Apr.
__________________
U.S. Marine - no better friend, no worse enemy.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
  #35  
Old 01-19-06, 02:08 PM
stuffedmushroomz's Avatar
SpursReport Team Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Colo. Springs
Posts: 933

You know Rasho looked really active in the 4th qtr. and that may have alot to do with him resting in the 3rd. Narz wasn't really productive, he gets boxed out on every shot and only gets an occasional rebound. Yep, after last night Rasho made everyone realize that he DESERVES to be in the STARTING LINEUP. Rasho was on last night, POP needs to keep using him in the same manner so he is fresh during the 4th qtr.

2 hips for Rasho!

HIP, HIP HORRRRAY!!!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
  #36  
Old 01-19-06, 02:16 PM
bo spur's Avatar
SpursReport Team Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Austin
Posts: 5,775

Quote:
Narz wasn't really productive, he gets boxed out on every shot and only gets an occasional rebound.
If Nazr only gets an occasional rebound, what do you call it when Rasho gets one?
A quarterly rebound (a rebound for each quarter played)

Becuase right now that what Rasho is doing, 4 boards a game. And somehow he's playing better then ever to some
That will be some bargin in a few years when's he's making 8 million bucks.
__________________
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
  #37  
Old 01-19-06, 02:25 PM
ChumpDumper's Avatar
SpursReport Team Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Santa Barbara, CA
Posts: 4,213

The energy spent here debating which center is less mediocre could power a small midwestern city for a year.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
  #38  
Old 01-19-06, 03:08 PM
Lord Deimos's Avatar
SpursReport Team Bench
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: being productive for a change
Posts: 1,893

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChumpDumper
The energy spent here debating which center is less mediocre could power a small midwestern city for a year.
Thanks, I needed a new sig.
__________________
Are you:
A) Female?
B) Attending UTSA?
Then chances are good that YOU ALMOST FREAKING KILLED ME IN THE PARKING LOT
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
  #39  
Old 01-19-06, 03:27 PM
curiousspirit's Avatar
SpursReport Team Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: under the radar
Posts: 3,614

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rzarector7
I have no problem with that right there, it just seems they need to say this stuff and treat him special like a retarded kid who they are trying to make feel good and motivate all the time He did well last night at a certain point I understand that, but why focus on him so muchin here and make threads nightly when he is not the focal point or even the 5th best player on the team? He does some things, so do the other starters and they need to be talked about more IMO than Rasho does, he doesn't do what Bruce does even nightly nor produce like him out there, hell Finley is bigger to the team off the bench IMO than Rasho's role. Rasho is treated like some star in here and someone had the nerve to say he was playing great ball in here earlier on which makes me cringe. Lets not fool ourselves he is a role player who is decent, good on D at times because he knows where to be, thats all he is, then again that might be all the Spurs need (Hopefully). Can you agree???? James R agree?
I can live with that. But you also need to consider that Rasho seems to be the butt of jokes more than the other players on the team. That could be the reason some posters get defensive and propagate positive threads and posts. It just works both ways.
__________________
It is what it is -- Bruce Bowen
When everyone thinks alike, no one thinks.-- Bill Walton
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
  #40  
Old 01-19-06, 04:24 PM
DizzG's Avatar
SpursReport Team Captain
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Posts: 8,595

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChumpDumper
The energy spent here debating which center is less mediocre could power a small midwestern city for a year.
and its ALL the same. every one of these threads seems like a carbon copy of every other Nazr vs Rasho debate
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
  #41  
Old 01-19-06, 09:03 PM
Rzarector7's Avatar
Dr. Doom!!!
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: VA
Posts: 5,543

Quote:
Originally Posted by bo spur
If Nazr only gets an occasional rebound, what do you call it when Rasho gets one?
A quarterly rebound (a rebound for each quarter played)

Becuase right now that what Rasho is doing, 4 boards a game. And somehow he's playing better then ever to some
That will be some bargin in a few years when's he's making 8 million bucks.
Yeah but he is playing so well now and I am so happy for him and thrilled he is our starting Center This just shows you how bad our Centers are since he is our best supposedly, we have one of the weakest starting Centers in the L on our team. Even Olowakandi (Who people would just praise how he played against Tim last tie if he was on the team) and Dampier who we all make fun of in here do things from time to time and even put up better stats than Rasho, but Rasho is playing great and they sukk..... Thats what makes me puzzled in here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by curiousspirit
I can live with that. But you also need to consider that Rasho seems to be the butt of jokes more than the other players on the team. That could be the reason some posters get defensive and propagate positive threads and posts. It just works both ways.
He is our worst starter though, and Finley is better, so he is what 7th best on the team? He desrves more than they get, they deserve more props than he does for what they do on this team, rightfully so.
__________________
Win or lose this is a game -
You could let it pick your brain for weeks and months, just replay it over and over, won't do you any good at all. When someone loses a loved one and they do that it only brings forth anguish. I feel acceptance is sometimes the key, it happened, now you have to react to it. Giving up is not an option.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
  #42  
Old 01-19-06, 09:22 PM
SCdac's Avatar
SpursReport Team Bench
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 1,080

Yeah these Rasho vs. Nazr threads are pretty awful.

Its amazing how much everybodys perception of what Rasho is or isn't doing varies. Makes "debating" about it almost pointless.

I'm with Manu, and the many others on forum on this one. Its the intangibles that make Rasho important at this point in time. Its not how attractive his boxscore is. I think people are expecting too much out of him. I mean, it is Rasho were talking here.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
  #43  
Old 01-19-06, 11:13 PM
Rzarector7's Avatar
Dr. Doom!!!
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: VA
Posts: 5,543

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCdac
Yeah these Rasho vs. Nazr threads are pretty awful.

Its amazing how much everybodys perception of what Rasho is or isn't doing varies. Makes "debating" about it almost pointless.

I'm with Manu, and the many others on forum on this one. Its the intangibles that make Rasho important at this point in time. Its not how attractive his boxscore is. I think people are expecting too much out of him. I mean, it is Rasho were talking here.
Okay I will lower my expectations off that D Rob type and give him a shot, how does that sound????? I will seriously give him a shot this year and see what he can do for us in the offs and so on.... I am gonna be a fan of Rasho from now on and let him grow and accept what he does, you guys seriosly forced me to that and I am gonna pull for him to see what he can do and have the same faith as you guys. I hope he can do it, hell I would cry if he ddi it out of hapiness..... GO RASHO!!!!!!!!!!!!
__________________
Win or lose this is a game -
You could let it pick your brain for weeks and months, just replay it over and over, won't do you any good at all. When someone loses a loved one and they do that it only brings forth anguish. I feel acceptance is sometimes the key, it happened, now you have to react to it. Giving up is not an option.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
  #44  
Old 01-19-06, 11:25 PM
curiousspirit's Avatar
SpursReport Team Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: under the radar
Posts: 3,614

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rzarector7
Okay I will lower my expectations off that D Rob type and give him a shot, how does that sound????? I will seriously give him a shot this year and see what he can do for us in the offs and so on.... I am gonna be a fan of Rasho from now on and let him grow and accept what he does, you guys seriosly forced me to that and I am gonna pull for him to see what he can do and have the same faith as you guys. I hope he can do it, hell I would cry if he ddi it out of hapiness..... GO RASHO!!!!!!!!!!!!
Will someone please bookmark R7's post for posterity?
__________________
It is what it is -- Bruce Bowen
When everyone thinks alike, no one thinks.-- Bill Walton
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
  #45  
Old 01-20-06, 12:15 AM
SCdac's Avatar
SpursReport Team Bench
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 1,080

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rzarector7
Okay I will lower my expectations off that D Rob type and give him a shot, how does that sound????? I will seriously give him a shot this year and see what he can do for us in the offs and so on.... I am gonna be a fan of Rasho from now on and let him grow and accept what he does, you guys seriosly forced me to that and I am gonna pull for him to see what he can do and have the same faith as you guys. I hope he can do it, hell I would cry if he ddi it out of hapiness..... GO RASHO!!!!!!!!!!!!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
  #46  
Old 01-20-06, 12:28 AM
TodTango's Avatar
There is only 1 Ginobili!
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 4,418

Just to make sure my post about Rasho vs. Nazr doesn't miss these multiple threads:
http://www.spursreport.com/forums/sh...7&postcount=10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rzarector7:
So what does he do during games thats so great past the boxscore all the time? Sounds like another way to up him again and say well he does this and that... Bruce is that type player that does that I HAVE SEEN, but when I see Rasho he does little out there past the stats, here and there he does something good.

What do you want him to do?
More importantly what do you want Nazr to do?


Let's talk about this for a sec.

Say Rasho sets a screen on an iso, for TP. TP gets an easy layup. Did he help the team or not?

Say Nazr sets a screen for TP. But he has to be guided to where, which basically takes more time off the clock and then TP has a harder layup attempt, Is Nazr helping the team or not?

That situation happens more often than you guys realize.

Okay, say Rasho moves to the middle of the lane, right where you're supposed to be, a would be perimiter player finds the lane practically unapproachable with Rasho and Tim in the lane, so he backs off. Did Rasho help or not?

Say Nazr, does the same thing, but then the perimeter player swings the ball to the right at the arc, and Nazr, as he is prone to do, steps out to challenge that pass 20 feet from the hoop. Is Nazr helping or not?

See what I mean?


Can't you guys at least acknowledge that the possibility that Rasho doesn't do as much statistically is because, like Bruce, he is filling his role to a tee? When Bruce was letting TMac and Kobe average 35 on him, did we gang up on his inability to stop those guys? No, we looked and saw that for those guys to get that 35, they needed 35 shots. That meant that his other teammates would never get into the flow of the game.

For Rasho, outside of Shaq, maybe Yao, and possibly, Ilgauskas...the rest of the guys he guards won't take 20 shots per game. So we won't often see that pivotal OOH moment like we do when Bruce gets stops. What we'll probably see is a challenged shot, perhaps a 24 second violation, or a good front screen for a rebound that falls to Tim or Manu.

Again I ask, is that such a bad thing?
Offensively, he is defering shots to better quality O players and on D, he challenges well, and he is where the team EXPECTS a center to be on every rotation
__________________
Let's Have A Black Celebration!!!
-Depeche Mode 1986



Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
  #47  
Old 01-20-06, 01:20 AM
Rzarector7's Avatar
Dr. Doom!!!
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: VA
Posts: 5,543

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCdac
Oh I say that and you rolling eyes now? I just can't win with you, so forget it. What do you want me to say he is D Rob in 03 or so??? That he is great? What do you want? I see you man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TodTango
Just to make sure my post about Rasho vs. Nazr doesn't miss these multiple threads:
http://www.spursreport.com/forums/sh...7&postcount=10



What do you want him to do?
More importantly what do you want Nazr to do?


Let's talk about this for a sec.

Say Rasho sets a screen on an iso, for TP. TP gets an easy layup. Did he help the team or not?

Say Nazr sets a screen for TP. But he has to be guided to where, which basically takes more time off the clock and then TP has a harder layup attempt, Is Nazr helping the team or not?

That situation happens more often than you guys realize.

Okay, say Rasho moves to the middle of the lane, right where you're supposed to be, a would be perimiter player finds the lane practically unapproachable with Rasho and Tim in the lane, so he backs off. Did Rasho help or not?

Say Nazr, does the same thing, but then the perimeter player swings the ball to the right at the arc, and Nazr, as he is prone to do, steps out to challenge that pass 20 feet from the hoop. Is Nazr helping or not?

See what I mean?


Can't you guys at least acknowledge that the possibility that Rasho doesn't do as much statistically is because, like Bruce, he is filling his role to a tee? When Bruce was letting TMac and Kobe average 35 on him, did we gang up on his inability to stop those guys? No, we looked and saw that for those guys to get that 35, they needed 35 shots. That meant that his other teammates would never get into the flow of the game.

For Rasho, outside of Shaq, maybe Yao, and possibly, Ilgauskas...the rest of the guys he guards won't take 20 shots per game. So we won't often see that pivotal OOH moment like we do when Bruce gets stops. What we'll probably see is a challenged shot, perhaps a 24 second violation, or a good front screen for a rebound that falls to Tim or Manu.

Again I ask, is that such a bad thing?
Offensively, he is defering shots to better quality O players and on D, he challenges well, and he is where the team EXPECTS a center to be on every rotation
Heis okay, I guess I can see if he does this in the offs and helps us get another title or helps us go far, then I will give him some props. Until then I am not gonna praise him like you guys in here and find every little thing he does in a game when many on the team help us in the game some (Horry more than him even). He is alright, thats it though, not what some say in here.......
__________________
Win or lose this is a game -
You could let it pick your brain for weeks and months, just replay it over and over, won't do you any good at all. When someone loses a loved one and they do that it only brings forth anguish. I feel acceptance is sometimes the key, it happened, now you have to react to it. Giving up is not an option.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
  #48  
Old 01-20-06, 01:41 AM
SCdac's Avatar
SpursReport Team Bench
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 1,080

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rzarector7
Oh I say that and you rolling eyes now? I just can't win with you, so forget it. What do you want me to say he is D Rob in 03 or so??? That he is great? What do you want? I see you man.
Why do you think I want you to say or do anything!? Have I in any way even tried responding to you specifically? Have I tried to force you into believing anything?... Get off my nuts already. Youre only making these threads crappier than they already are.

Maybe youre so pissy because youre expecting Rasho Nesterovic to be David Robinson all of a sudden. As Ive seen you mention him twice in this "debate".
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
  #49  
Old 01-20-06, 01:50 AM
Rzarector7's Avatar
Dr. Doom!!!
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: VA
Posts: 5,543

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCdac
Why do you think I want you to say or do anything!? Have I in any way even tried responding to you specifically? Have I tried to force you into believing anything?... Get off my nuts already. Youre only making these threads crappier than they already are.

Maybe youre so pissy because youre expecting Rasho Nesterovic to be David Robinson all of a sudden. As Ive seen you mention him twice in this "debate".
LOL at making threads crappier, by saying what you don't want to hear about Rasho or the truth!! I said he is mere average and our Centers are slumming, thats all truth there man. I am not on your nuts at all, you responded to me first remember with the roll eyes?????? Nobody is gonna be D Rob and I understand that man, I just want someone to board more at the Center, that is what they do you know? Grab some boards?? That is our weak spot right now, thats all I want. He used to get 7.7 rbpg, now it's 3???? What is that? That has to be worse than most guards boarding man, for real. D Rob is gone and retired and I know that, Spurs won without him last year and thats cool (With Nazr though). Rasho has to prove to me he can ball in the big games, period.
__________________
Win or lose this is a game -
You could let it pick your brain for weeks and months, just replay it over and over, won't do you any good at all. When someone loses a loved one and they do that it only brings forth anguish. I feel acceptance is sometimes the key, it happened, now you have to react to it. Giving up is not an option.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
  #50  
Old 01-20-06, 01:54 AM
SCdac's Avatar
SpursReport Team Bench
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 1,080

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rzarector7
I am not on your nuts at all, you responded to me first remember with the roll eyes??????
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Closed Thread

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:04 PM.


Powered by vBulletin Version 3.7.4 Copyright © 2000-2008 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0