SpursReport.com

Go Back   SpursReport.com > SpursReport Fan Forums > Spurs and NBA Fan Feedback

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-06, 07:59 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

Arroyo suspended one game for contact with official

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2288811

ESPN.com news services

Detroit Pistons guard Carlos Arroyo has been suspended one game without pay for making physical contact with a game official.

Stu Jackson, NBA senior vice president basketball operations, announced the suspension Wednesday.

The incident occurred with 7:43 remaining in the fourth quarter of the Pistons' 96-86 road victory over the New Orleans/Oklahoma City Hornets at Ford Center in Oklahoma City.

Arroyo will serve his suspension Thursday night when the Pistons visit the San Antonio Spurs.
Old 01-11-06, 08:05 PM
SpursReport Team Member

I mentioned this in the other Pistons/Spurs thread, but anyway without Arroyo the Pistons don't have a backup pointguard with Hunter still out, so you guys will probably see some of our rookie Aker and then Tayshaun/Delfino will run the point.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 01-11-06, 08:19 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

I don't say this about many players....but Arroyo pure NBA trash.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 01-11-06, 08:23 PM
SpursReport Team Member

I only watched a couple of minutes of that game when the incident took place. But seriously i'm not sure why he got so upset with the call and went all berserk on the ref.

"We would have two less championships here if it wasn't for Manu Ginobili," Popovich said. "In my book, Manu Ginobili is the stud of the world."
Old 01-11-06, 08:52 PM
SpursReport Assistant Coach

He's a Piston they always cry foul when they get called for one. But perhaps this is the chink in the Piston's armour. The weak link, their temperment.
Old 01-11-06, 08:59 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjjrfan
He's a Piston they always cry foul when they get called for one. But perhaps this is the chink in the Piston's armour. The weak link, their temperment.
Carefull man, people out there think the Spurs cry after every call too...
Old 01-11-06, 09:03 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Yeah...sorry to all my fellow spurs fans and pistons fans, but these two teams have the most on-court complianers I've ever seen. Tim and Rasheed come to mind.
Old 01-11-06, 09:05 PM
SpursReport Team Member

All of the point guards in last nights game were being called for some pretty ticky-tack fouls. Chauncey was on the bench with five fouls and Arroyo was called for his sixth foul when he went off. He didn't maliciously go after the ref, he was upset and did bump him though. I thought he'd get at least two games, but oh well. It was stupid of him to do it knowing that they are without another backup pointguard. This is the Pistons first ejection of the year...usually it's Rasheed.
Old 01-11-06, 09:17 PM
SpursReport Assistant Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malice
Carefull man, people out there think the Spurs cry after every call too...
The Spurs don't complain. They question.
Old 01-12-06, 01:58 AM
SpursReport 2012 Pick The Winner Champion

Too bad I realy wanted him to play against my Spurs just so we can play them somewhat full power...Even with Huntler out...
Old 01-12-06, 02:00 AM
SpursReport Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rip4Life
I mentioned this in the other Pistons/Spurs thread, but anyway without Arroyo the Pistons don't have a backup pointguard with Hunter still out, so you guys will probably see some of our rookie Aker and then Tayshaun/Delfino will run the point.
Nah, it is a big game. Chauncey will just play 45 minutes (unless of course Pop gets smart and tries to get him in foul trouble ).
Old 01-12-06, 02:03 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

it's not arroyos fault, it's his puerto rican suave

but yeah, i just don't want pistons coming up with excuses as to why they will lost tonight.
Old 01-12-06, 03:04 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

Aroyyo is not that good. Chauncy will probably play more minutes. Prince might handle the ball for a few minutes as a Point.
Old 01-12-06, 03:37 AM
SpursReport 2012 Pick The Winner Champion

Well Arroyo does good assists for them off the bench, so their ball movement could be hurting a little.. but they will probably play Buillups more minutes and possibly Tayshaun too at PG as some had said...
That definitly is not good for their chemistry...

Let's just hope Arroyo did not just do it on purpose to avoid being embarassed by our Spurs here.j/k
Old 01-12-06, 09:14 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spurscrazed
Well Arroyo does good assists for them off the bench, so their ball movement could be hurting a little.. but they will probably play Buillups more minutes and possibly Tayshaun too at PG as some had said...
That definitly is not good for their chemistry...

Let's just hope Arroyo did not just do it on purpose to avoid being embarassed by our Spurs here.j/k
If anything it will help the second teams ball movement. Arroyo gets assists but he also holds the ball for 20 of the 24 second shot clock. But, I'd still rather have him able to play then not.

The game should be a good one but being in San Antonio and the Pistons playing pretty flat lately makes me question ghow likely a W is for the Pistons. But if the Pistons can't get up for a game against the Spurs, then they deserve to lose. Still hopefull though.
Old 01-12-06, 12:50 PM
SpursReport Team Member

The Pistons have been in a little bit of a slump. The only thing that really concerns me about Arroyo's missing this game is him feeding the ball to Dyess, he and Arroyo have a great chemistry. Oh well they'll survive without him for one game. I doubt we'll see Aker in his first NBA game but maybe we'll get a glimpse of him at one point or another.
Old 01-12-06, 12:55 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
The Pistons have been in a little bit of a slump. The only thing that really concerns me about Arroyo's missing this game is him feeding the ball to Dyess, he and Arroyo have a great chemistry. Oh well they'll survive without him for one game. I doubt we'll see Aker in his first NBA game but maybe we'll get a glimpse of him at one point or another.
Agree, on all points.
Old 01-12-06, 12:57 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

The Arroyo and McDyess Pick-and-Roll is a pretty sharp bench weapon.
Old 01-12-06, 01:02 PM
Abominable snowballer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnwhuxley
Nah, it is a big game. Chauncey will just play 45 minutes (unless of course Pop gets smart and tries to get him in foul trouble ).
manu can manage that
Old 01-12-06, 01:03 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
sure cuz it's gonna be a blowout.
spurs 92
pistons 72
Old 01-12-06, 04:41 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Is it wrong that I hope the Pistons get blown out so Joe D. can have a little more incentive to make a trade before the trade deadline. Move Darko.
Old 01-12-06, 04:52 PM
MomBear

@ Rip....