News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com
Old 01-10-06, 09:39 AM
SpursReport Rookie

buy NBA games from google

not sure if anyone else has seen this but i just went to video.google.com and saw they have a new section. a video store

you can buy NBA games and many other videos. the NBA games are $3.95. pretty cool idea

http://video.google.com/videosearch?...%3Aowner%3DNBA
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 01-10-06, 10:06 AM
SpursReport Rookie

I think it is kind of expensive, considering that it is on-line thing. Better to buy a league-pass I think.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 01-10-06, 10:24 AM
SpursReport Team Member

no it's also classic games ...

for instance Timmy going for 53 against the Mavs on the Fiesta Colors court
http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...79502185571772
Old 01-10-06, 10:35 AM
SpursReport Rookie

I think that is a great idea, esp with the classic games.
Old 01-10-06, 10:37 AM
SpursReport Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimberly
I think it is kind of expensive, considering that it is on-line thing. Better to buy a league-pass I think.
no its not all a one time thing. you can download the video to your computer, ipod and even the PSP. Here is the google FAQ on the difference between Day Pass and Buying the video.

Quote:
What's the difference between buying a Day Pass for a video and buying a video?

If you buy a Day Pass for a video, you can download and view the video through the Google Video Player at any time over the next 24 hours. If you buy a video, you'll be able to download the video to your computer and view it indefinitely.
Old 01-10-06, 10:37 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

How do you go about paying for it? Credit Card?
Old 01-10-06, 10:53 AM
SpursReport Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 562bulldog
no it's also classic games ...

for instance Timmy going for 53 against the Mavs on the Fiesta Colors court
http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...79502185571772
Spurs won tihis one, right? Well, I actually would like some classic games....
Old 01-10-06, 11:00 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Spurs won tihis one, right? Well, I actually would like some classic games....
Nope:
Quote:
Tim Duncan notched his career-high of 53 points against the visiting Dallas Mavericks in a 126-123 overtime Spurs loss.
The list is quite short, though if they include other games I'd be very interested. Anyway, thanks for posting.
Old 01-10-06, 12:15 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

games i want:

1. memorial day miracle. i was at the game and still have never seen the broadcast.

2. 1999 finals series. i have all the rest on dvd.

3. the game in tmac's rookie (or 2nd?) season where he dunks on kukoc and rides him out of bounds. classic!

i pretty much have everything else i want on vhs/dvd including the entire 1995 western conference finals.

-Bruce Bowen
Old 01-10-06, 12:22 PM
SpursReport Assistant Coach

Quote:
Depends how often you download. And if they do older games.

"When nothing seems to help, I go look at a stonecutter hammering away at this rock perhaps 100 times without as much as a crack showing in it. Yet at the 101st blow, it will split in two and I know it was not that blow that did it. But all that had gone before." - Jacob Riis
Old 01-10-06, 02:32 PM
SpursReport Assistant Coach

Last I heard they were going to sell SNL *skits* for $1.99. So an entire game for $3.99 sounds like a steal to me.

Id like to get Dave's 71 point game, that would be nice.
Old 01-10-06, 02:40 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

If it enables download, it's not that expensive. Few people can each download different game and exchange them.
Old 01-10-06, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProjectGSX
I'd like to get Dave's 71 point game, that would be nice.
Someone posted awhile back that there is no tape of this game in its entireity.
Old 01-10-06, 02:57 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mg06
Nope:
The list is quite short, though if they include other games I'd be very interested. Anyway, thanks for posting.
Q- Who hit the 3 point game winner for Dallas?.

Has anyone actually bought a game yet and watched it? I would be interested to know if you have, what was the quality like.

A- Nash
Old 01-10-06, 03:15 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

You can go to the page and watch first 30 seconds or so for free and see for yourself the quality. It looked pretty good to me.
Old 01-10-06, 07:47 PM
SpursReport Team Veteran

Quote:
3. the game in tmac's rookie (or 2nd?) season where he dunks on kukoc and rides him out of bounds. classic!
That wasn't on Kukoc, from memory it was on David Kornel. Classic dunk though.
Old 01-10-06, 08:00 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Bah..nothing worth purchasing. I'd only buy those REALLY classic games (MJ Bulls, LB Celtics, Magic&Kareem Lakers, Chamberlain in Philadelphia&LA,..)
Old 01-11-06, 08:05 AM
SpursReport Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Binji
Bah..nothing worth purchasing. I'd only buy those REALLY classic games (MJ Bulls, LB Celtics, Magic&Kareem Lakers, Chamberlain in Philadelphia&LA,..)

im sure over time they will be adding many more classic games. they just announced this whole video store thing last friday (1/6) im actually amazed they already had it up and running the next week.
Old 01-11-06, 08:43 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Notorious MI21
That wasn't on Kukoc, from memory it was on David Kornel. Classic dunk though.
the last time i said it was kukoc, someone else told me it was bill wennington!

i guess we all remember it differently. hopefully, it will get settled when i get a copy of the game!

-Bruce Bowen
Old 01-11-06, 10:54 AM
SpursReport Team Member

I wanna see DRob's 71 against the Clips.

"Bring it"
Old 01-11-06, 11:04 AM
SpursReport Team Member

I live overseas, so this would be worth it for me. But alas, it's not available to people living outsid the US?
Old 01-11-06, 11:28 AM
SpursReport Team Member

What the f***??? Yesterday i could preview the games and everything but today everytime i click i game i get a message "The video is not available in your country"
Old 01-11-06, 04:37 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by crospur
If it enables download, it's not that expensive. Few people can each download different game and exchange them.
Not directly, as it's likely the video files come with some DRM protection to only allow them to be played on a certain number of PCs, not unlimited. Like music purchases from iTunes or Napster.

You'd have to defeat the DRM to do so, which could prove cumbersome.
Old 01-11-06, 05:19 PM
SpursReport Team Member

All I want is game 5 from last years finals in detriot and I can die happy......