SpursReport.com

Go Back   SpursReport.com > SpursReport Fan Forums > Spurs and NBA Fan Feedback

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-05, 10:56 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

Former Spur legend claims to have slept with 2000 women

http://www.nypost.com/sports/54154.htm

SERBY'S SUNDAY Q&A WITH...DENNIS RODMAN

November 13, 2005 -- This week, Steve Serby speaks to Dennis Rodman, whose new book is called "I Should be Dead by Now."

Q: Wilt Chamberlain wrote he slept with 20,000 women.

A: That's bull. That would be 41/2 a day for the rest of your life. That's crazy. That's ridiculous.

Q: How many for you?

A: 2,000.

Q: Madonna wanted you to impregnate her?

A: She's a control freak.

Q: Why was Carmen Electra a better lover than Madonna?

A: 'Cause we had a connection. But you know what? My wife's way better than both of 'em. She knows my body.

Q: What's the closest to death you've been?

A: 20,000 feet above L.A. in a Lear jet. The engine shut off, we go into a nosedive.

Q: When was that?

A: Three, four years ago. Carmen was freakin', my friend was losing his mind ... all of a sudden you could hear the engine try to fire up, and they fired up, came out of it.

Q: The most amount of women you've had sex with at one time?

A: Probably six or seven.

Q: What's it like being you?

A: Very difficult. I have to sit there and be Superman at night and like Clark Kent (married with four children) in the daytime.

Q: Are you mellowing in your old age [44]?

A: No. I know how to respect certain things in my life. Being a dad, you have to be a dad sometimes, and I'm a dad sometimes. When I need to be.

Q: Favorite strip joints?

A: Scores; Men's Club in Dallas; Pure Platinum in Fort Lauderdale.

Q: The most you've spent in one night on lap dances?

A: $28,000. I don't even get dances. I don't like dances. I just treat all my friends.

Q: Terrell Owens?

A: It's the way to do things, the way not to do things. If you want to be a bad boy and try to have this image, there's a fine line between love and hate (chuckles). Keep it in the middle, don't go over that line. I think he went over the line this time. But you know what? I think it'll make him a stronger person and he'll persevere off that.

Q: Which NBA player would look as good as you in a wedding gown?

A: Michael Jordan.

Q: The NBA dress code?

A: I wouldn't go by that dress code, because I like to come to the game in like a sweatsuit 'cause I work out before the game. David Stern should have done a little more research than just trying to write this amendment and say, "OK, great, we're gonna do this, this, this, this, this is the way we're gonna do it." He should have talked with the owners and the players.

Q: Who's a better marketing showman, you or MJ?

A: Well I didn't have any help, put it like that. He had help. He had Nike. He was Nike. I had nobody.

Q: Does it amaze you what you made of yourself?

A: All the time, because sometimes when I go out and I hear my name - "Dennis!" - I keep forgetting I'm this person. Because when I'm out with my normal friends, people start coming up and say, "Oh Dennis, Dennis, Dennis" ... it kinda irritates me because I consider myself as a normal guy (chuckle).

Q: But you've created a persona ...

A: I created a persona and this pop icon-type deal, and I love it, but it's like I hate it.

Q: Because sometimes you just want to be you?

A: I just want to be me and have a good time with my friends.

Q: And who is you?

A: I am an enigma ... When all this started back in '93 in San Antonio, look what's going on today. Look at the NBA, look at the sports world. Look at the culture right now. Everyone's tattoos, piercing this, that. Then all of a sudden now David Stern wants it like, "Uhh, can't have that." Too late now.

Q: You had a shotgun on your lap and pondered killing yourself 12 years ago?

A: That was a cool experience. That changed my life completely. I had a 30 R6 rifle, and just the thought of knowing I had the power and the control to pull that trigger anytime.

Q: When you went on drinking binges, what was your beverage of choice?

A: Tequila and Jagermeister.

Q: When you were traded to the Bulls you were $1 million in debt?

A: I don't know.

Q: What did you do with the money?

A: I told you, I live life to the fullest, man.

Q: What is an outrageous thing you have not done that you will do?

A: I want to skydive Manhattan on Fifth Avenue, butt naked.

Q: Ron Artest?

A: He got a raw deal. It'll make him a better person and a stronger person mentally.

Q: Best coach you played for?

A: Chuck Daly [Pistons].

Q: How will Larry Brown do with the Knicks?

A: He got his $50 million, don't he? New York has never been the same after Patrick Ewing and all that. They had their chance maybe seven, eight years ago ... he got his $50 million, that's all I gotta say.

Q: Isiah [Thomas] as a player?

A: Probably the toughest small man to ever play the game. I remember in the '88 championship in Game 7 [vs. the Lakers] when he sprained his ankle ... I couldn't do that. But he did, came out and he scored over 30 points. It was amazing.

Q: Last time you spoke to him?

A: Last year about this time when he wanted me to come to training camp, and he said, "My hands are tied." I'm like, "Oh, you mean you're kissing somebody's [butt] right now, huh?"

Q: You would have loved to play in New York?

A: People love me here no matter what. If I even sat on the bench, it'll be filled.

Q: You're 44 and playing eight games for the Tijuana Dragons [ABA]; what about the NBA?

A: At this point I really don't give a [bleep].

Q: Describe your wife Michelle.

A: She's irreplaceable as a friend and as my wife.

Q: If I were president, I would ...

A: I wouldn't lie. And I wouldn't be married. And I would be having sex in the Oval Office.

Q: How did you become friends with President Clinton?

A: I was with the Chicago Bulls. Him and his wife used to come back into the locker room; his wife used to love me. They used to like to connect us, Rodman and (Hillary) Rodham, or whatever her last name is.

Q: If I were NBA commissioner, I would ...

A: Be more considerate to the fans.

Q: Best single basketball memory?

A: '96, when I won the championship in Chicago.

Q: What drives you?

A: If there's something in this world I haven't done yet I need to complete it - and I'm trying to figure out what it is.

Q: You've been on with [Jay] Leno a lot.

A: 27 times. I'm No. 2 all-time.

Q: Who's No. 1?

A: Pamela Anderson; 29. I'm going back, it'll be 28 in January.

Q: That's amazing ... a kid who used to be a janitor ...

A: If you went down the street and you saw ... Tom Cruise ... he'd maybe walk right past ya. With glasses and a hat, you wouldn't even notice him - in New York. But if you saw me, you'd say, "There's only one guy who looks like that!"

Q: The NBA player who most reminds you of you?

A: Ben Wallace.

Q: Three dinner guests?

A: Phil Jackson, Jerry Buss, Darren Prince.

Q: Favorite New York restaurant?

A: Carnegie Deli.

Q: If there were a Dennis Rodman sandwich, what would it be?

A: Put some [bleep] together in a [bleepin'] salad bowl and mix it up, and you got a good sandwich.

Q: Favorite movie?

A: All the Bob Hope-Bing Crosby movies.

Q: Favorite actor?

A: Cary Grant.

Q: Favorite actress?

A: Katherine Hepburn.

Q: Is this the happiest you've ever been?

A: I'm very content with my kids, and my girl Michelle. But, as far as the day I'll be completely satisfied and content, is the day when I'm dead.

Q: How do you want people to remember you?

A: A guy with a big, big heart.

"Into Sean Elliott. He fires the three. AND HITS IT!"
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 11-14-05, 10:59 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

I think the most shocking part of this is that someone actually thinks Dennis Rodman is a SPURS legend.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 11-14-05, 11:01 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by coyotes_geek
I think the most shocking part of this is that someone actually thinks Dennis Rodman is a SPURS legend.
That's what I'm saying. I thought he was more of a mistake than a legend.
Old 11-14-05, 11:01 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
AGREED!!!!!!!!!!

Let's go Spurs!

Old 11-14-05, 11:02 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

I knew the "legend" part would irk those that wear tighty whities..

Like Chris Rock says, "That train's never late!"

Old 11-14-05, 11:03 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Me too. When I saw the title, I thought maybe Gervin, and I was like, oh no!
Old 11-14-05, 11:22 AM
MomBear

Quote:
Yeah that's kinda crazy to even think that...
Old 11-14-05, 11:26 AM
SpursReport Team Member

So how many of the 2000 did you pay?

the majority.
Old 11-14-05, 11:45 AM
MomBear

Old 11-14-05, 11:47 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

if i slept with every woman that wanted to sleep with me. i would be mag5000
Old 11-14-05, 01:50 PM
SpursReport Team Member

A legend in his own mind! I thought his 15 minutes were up??
Old 11-14-05, 02:25 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

...and we care because?
i dont see him as a spur either, but one big mistake!
Old 11-14-05, 02:38 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godkid1
...and we care because?
i dont see him as a spur either, but one big mistake!
Who died and made you SpurJesus?

If you didn't cheer for Rodman in the mid-90's, you are a "bandwagon" fan. That's some cold hard reality for the goody-two-shoes set.

Real fans don't put their fingers in the wind, and pick and choose who they are going to root for.

A true fan cheers for his/her team regardless of the squad. I would be a proud Spur Fan if Ron Artest, Dennis Rodman, Danny Fortson, Shawn Kemp and Rod Strickland were our starting five.

And you?

Old 11-14-05, 02:56 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menudo Terremoto Williams

If you didn't cheer for Rodman in the mid-90's, you are a "bandwagon" fan. That's some cold hard reality for the goody-two-shoes set.

And you?
first of all, i didnt get to watch games until i moved to SATX, i am from out of state. moved here in late '90's. but i def am NOT a "bandwagon fan" - i loved this team since david was on it and i was in my 20's and learned of the admiral. BUT as far ad rodman goes, it's his behavior that turns me off...fighting with david for example.

is this any diff than eagles fans "burying" T.O.'s jersey tonight before the game starts? (heard it on news) because t.o. turned people off, they have had enough. - i have morals and want to watch a team with upstanding players. even if there were players not good on the team, i'd feel same but i'd still support the team.

and my "we care because?" was in ref to his sex life...because it's not our business, right?
Old 11-14-05, 03:00 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Rodman was a "legend" in his own mind period. Why this clown is not broke yet tells a lot about the crass society we live in.
Old 11-14-05, 03:12 PM
SpursReport Assistant Coach

Quote:
Are you just mad because he snatched the plaque off of your wall?

Talk about judgemental.
Old 11-14-05, 05:51 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Rodman as a Spur was both good and bad. He brought a level of visibility to the team we'd never enjoyed. Most of the time, his antics weren't very disruptive (we'll forget about when he crashed his bike and was out during the playoffs).

As for his womanly scoreboard, I guess I can believe there are 2000 desperate, stupid females who would knock boots with that ugly mutha... Pretty sad.
Old 11-14-05, 06:27 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyDoc
Rodman was a "legend" in his own mind period. Why this clown is not broke yet tells a lot about the crass society we live in.
He was one of the best defensive players to ever play the game. NBA All Defensive First Team 7 times. Leading rebounder a record 7 years in a row. Defensive player of the year 2 years in a row.

Yes, I would say he's a legend.

Has he made mistakes? Of course. But his biggest mistake would have been if he killed himself in the Palace parking lot. He didn't and I think the NBA is more interesting because of that.

If you want to take shots at him that's your decision. But you can't say he wasn't a great player.
Old 11-14-05, 06:54 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProjectGSX
Are you just mad because he snatched the plaque off of your wall?

Talk about judgemental.
You are absolutely right. My statement was judgemental. I support the Spurs win, lose, w/Rodman and w/oRodman.

If you didn't cheer for Rodman, you are a bandwagon fan. That's my judgement. You just can't have it when it's all roses and potpourri. When it smells like sh!t, you have to be a fan then , too. That's my judgement.

The guy had two very productive years for us, including David's MVP year. Coincidence?

True, his legend to most may be a blond dye job, trysts with the glitterati, and Chunky Soup commercials, but in this fan's mind, he was a helluva a basektball player who didn't mind getting his hands dirty. He's a Spur legend if only for trying to take Johnny Stockton out with his knee. The Baseline Bums gave him a standing ovation!

Old 11-14-05, 07:02 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Great player? I don't know

Good player, worthy of recognition for rebounds, defense and hustle? Absolutely
Old 11-14-05, 07:13 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Location: The capital of Texas...that's right...Sunset Valley

Given the problems he caused us, it's obvious we won't exactly be holding our breath for the Spurs to have a Dennis Rodman jersey number retirement ceremony. However, you can't deny he was an integral part of the 5 championship teams he was on with his rebounding, hustle, and head games with whoever he was guarding.

"Married men live longer. Yes. And an indoor cat also lives longer. It's a furball with a broken spirit, that can only look out on a world it can never enjoy. But it does technically live longer." - Bill Maher
Old 11-14-05, 10:46 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

how many rings does rodman have?

how many rings does duncan have?
Old 11-15-05, 01:10 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Legends aren't former.
Old 11-15-05, 01:50 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
You are absolutely right. My statement was judgemental. I support the Spurs win, lose, w/Rodman and w/oRodman.

If you didn't cheer for Rodman, you are a bandwagon fan. That's my judgement. You just can't have it when it's all roses and potpourri. When it smells like sh!t, you have to be a fan then , too. That's my judgement.
u cheer for a team because u love it,not because u have to.
get a clue
Old 11-15-05, 02:23 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

rodman is a legend. how many players today average 16+ rebounds per game? no one's even close. there's only one dennis the worm rodman. tho i believe he had more of his glory days with the bulls and pistons.
Old 11-15-05, 02:28 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Whether he is "a" legend is debateable.

Whether he is a "Spurs" legend isn't. He had 2 good years here, and that's all. His stint in San Antonio was hardly legendary.
Old 11-15-05, 02:32 PM
SpursReport Team Member

What? Were you saying something? Look, I don't speak Spanish
Old 11-15-05, 02:51 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by neurnaje
u cheer for a team because u love it,not because u have to.
get a clue
So if over the next few years the Spurs totally stinks it up or brings on a lot of players I hate, I stop cheering for it? I think not
Old 11-15-05, 03:45 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

1. rodman was an awful spur-those were the off years..that I'm still not convinced he din't try to ruin the franchise.

2. Isiah [Thomas] as a player?

A: Probably the toughest small man to ever play the game. I remember in the '88 championship in Game 7 [vs. the Lakers] when he sprained his ankle ... I couldn't do that. But he did, came out and he scored over 30 points. It was amazing.

sorry-gotta go with AI as far as toughest little man..or maybe mugsy-saw him block a pat ewing shot one time--it was insanity..like a twilight zone thing, because I didn't know he could get up there.

3. liked rodman with detroit, then he went off his meds, tried to ruin san antonio-and played his heart out for the bulls...not a bandwagon fan-a real fan, who can't stand people who try to make an image for themselves that is not them.

Quote:
brings on a lot of players I hate, I stop cheering for it?
this one i don't know about-If they dumped their roster and became the heat...honestly I'd have to stop rooting till they changed it-but since that isn't going to happen....
Old 11-15-05, 04:53 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

1. The Spurs won 62 games one season with Rodman. How is that an "off year"? Go back to the Jon Sunvold era, those were off years.

2. How does Mugsy blocking someone's shot making him tougher than Isiah for scoring 30 points on a twisted ankle?

3. How did Rodman try to ruin the Spurs? Did he and his "good friend" David Stern form a cabal to finally do in San Antonio? I don't think so. I'm not sure what Rodman could do to single handedly tear down the Spurs. The Spurs weren't as tough as they are now and they lost. That's it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skydawg
1. rodman was an awful spur-those were the off years..that I'm still not convinced he din't try to ruin the franchise.

2. Isiah [Thomas] as a player?

sorry-gotta go with AI as far as toughest little man..or maybe mugsy-saw him block a pat ewing shot one time--it was insanity..like a twilight zone thing, because I didn't know he could get up there.

3. liked rodman with detroit, then he went off his meds, tried to ruin san antonio-and played his heart out for the bulls...not a bandwagon fan-a real fan, who can't stand people who try to make an image for themselves that is not them.

this one i don't know about-If they dumped their roster and became the heat...honestly I'd have to stop rooting till they changed it-but since that isn't going to happen....
Old 11-15-05, 07:22 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

Location: Bangalore - Silicon Valley East - Ex hyderabd, Cupertino/CA & Campinas Brazil, Houston and SanAntonio

No kidding - If not for him we win in 95. Total akjaja7r73w7889
Old 11-15-05, 09:49 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Whether he is "a" legend is debateable.

Whether he is a "Spurs" legend isn't. He had 2 good years here, and that's all. His stint in San Antonio was hardly legendary.
My thoughts exactly.... and if he missed the playoffs in 1 of only two years of "helping us" then I think that you need to re name it Pistons legend or Bulls semi..... I would rather call Dominique a Spurs Legend first if we are handing them out like that.
Old 11-15-05, 10:15 PM
Dr. Doom!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnificent
if i slept with every woman that wanted to sleep with me. i would be mag5000
Ur the damn man!!!!!!!!!! LOL I would too.... No doubt. Rzarector resurrected5500.........
You could let it pick your brain for weeks and months, just replay it over and over, won't do you any good at all. When someone loses a loved one and they do that it only brings forth anguish. I feel acceptance is sometimes the key, it happened, now you have to react to it. Giving up is not an option.
Old 11-15-05, 10:19 PM
SpursReport Team Veteran

I still can't believe the way Rodman played in 95. Three friggin three-pointers shot in the first quarter of must-win game 2 of the WCF, not to mention him not running back to stop the lobs to Horry in transition. Rodman was as bad a mistake for this franchise as Hedo Turkoglu.
Old 11-16-05, 10:23 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason R
So if over the next few years the Spurs totally stinks it up or brings on a lot of players I hate, I stop cheering for it? I think not
why don't u cheer for the bulls anymore????
anyone but u can ask that question!!
u were a bulls fan right?? are you still???