News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com

Go Back   SpursReport.com > SpursReport Fan Forums > Spurs and NBA Fan Feedback

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-05, 07:53 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Game 5 Finals Duncan decided to show up tonight.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 11-12-05, 07:53 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Duncan is ICE COLD. 2/16
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 11-12-05, 07:54 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

duncan's 2-16 yet we keep running plays for him and giving manu/tony no shots
Dr. Doom!!!

This is a fukkin nightmare, period.
You could let it pick your brain for weeks and months, just replay it over and over, won't do you any good at all. When someone loses a loved one and they do that it only brings forth anguish. I feel acceptance is sometimes the key, it happened, now you have to react to it. Giving up is not an option.
SpursReport Rookie

I dont understand why Pop doesn't have a good passer in there (like oberto) when the offense right now is incredibly stagnant.
Old 11-12-05, 07:55 PM
Dr. Doom!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginobillinogen
Game 5 Finals Duncan decided to show up tonight.
This is way worse than that, he scored 26 that game.
You could let it pick your brain for weeks and months, just replay it over and over, won't do you any good at all. When someone loses a loved one and they do that it only brings forth anguish. I feel acceptance is sometimes the key, it happened, now you have to react to it. Giving up is not an option.
Old 11-12-05, 07:57 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rzarector7
This is way worse than that, he scored 26 that game.
true, but i was alluding to the tip in he just missed at pt blank range.

The spurs seemt o have trouble with younger athletic teams...which worries me if we have to play Dallas or a similar team in the playoffs.
Old 11-12-05, 08:11 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Come on Spurs! Still have some time left.

Let's go Spurs!

Old 11-12-05, 08:15 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Its just another early season loss,but I did call this last night when we played Tony and Tim deep into the fourth quarter of the Boston blowout.Pop should have pulled them earlier.

Oh well...all it means is I'm updating my signature.The Spurs still had a winning roadtrip.
Old 11-12-05, 08:16 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

wow..a shocking shooting display by TIM.... Haywood not one to trouble him usually.. what's happenening??

our backcourt stepping up .
Old 11-12-05, 08:19 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Parker, manu, nick had horrible shot selection in the fourth. They hardly stepped up tonight. This team needs to realize that pathetic scrubs like michael ruffin, caron butler, etc. will give their 110% against the world champs. They need to reciprocate.
SpursReport Team Bench

This game was garbage. Spurs couldn't stop anyone, they kept going to Duncan who couldn't do anything right. This game needed more guard play but the Spurs kept relying on a very bad post game.

Not to mention they threw in the towel with 3 minutes left down by 13. That was a horrible move. They play so flawless yesterday and today they looked like scrubs. What the hell man.
SpursReport Team Bench

AGAIN: are we too old for 2nd games of back-to-backs?

And bad planning by Pop, if he did in fact play TD and TP too much in the fourth last night.

Let's go Spurs!

Old 11-12-05, 08:20 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronealicus
AGAIN: are we too old?
are you serious?

the Spurs are not an old team
Old 11-12-05, 08:23 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

Just a bad night on a back-to-back at the end of a long road trip. Disappointing, but nothing to get hysterical about.

The Wiz have skills.

The game serves notice that the Spurs only go as far as the Fundamental goes. Good numbers from Manu and Tony. Guess Tim forgot to bring his Superman suit.

3-2 road trip and 5-3 overall is still way ahead of where I expected the Spurs to be at this point in the season.
SpursReport Team Bench

weLL, thanks for replying.

I'm just pissed...

Let's go Spurs!

SpursReport Team Captain

Quote:
AGAIN: are we too old for 2nd games of back-to-backs?

And bad planning by Pop, if he did in fact play TD and TP too much in the fourth last night.
Missing 2 of our shooting guards does not help.
Old 11-12-05, 08:24 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

We're 5 and 2, right?

Let's go Spurs!

Old 11-12-05, 08:27 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

Yes, we're 5-2 and now we have 3 home games next week (Hawks, Rockets, Suns)
Old 11-12-05, 08:28 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

Quote:
weLL, thanks for replying.

I'm just pissed...
thats fine...but wondering if the Spurs are an old team makes no sense

one game
Old 11-12-05, 08:29 PM
SpursReport Team Veteran

Like someone in the chatroom said, maybe we should just cancel the rest of the Saturday night games....seems like Saturday night = blowout loss night.

Now, I'll be fair, both games were on the road and the 2nd of a back-to-back....so I'm not as much worried as I am disgusted by the effort. Going into the fourth the whole Spurs team had that body language that says, 'we're getting our butts whooped tonight, we're going to lose'.

Tim didn't have a good night, that's an understament, but even so....it was the lack of any type of team defense (ie peremeter defense where a man comes over from weak-side to help double....to prevent penetration and dish), that stuck a fork in the Spurs tonight.

Now, obviously this game is way different if Duncan wasn't tired....I think this sums up the game:

SpursReport Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizzG
thats fine...but wondering if the Spurs are an old team makes no sense

one game
the spurs aren't an old team, but i think it's somewhat safe to say that they do lack some athleticism at a few positions.
SpursReport Team Bench

This Spurs team is deep enough that they didn't both Brent and Fin. HOWEVER one of the two would've helped because Melvin Sanders isn't gonna scare anyone any time soon.

Besides giving up the Spurs needed to stop going to Tim tonight. That seriously was their down fall. I don't understand the concept of not going to the hot hand, Manu (the Spurs second best player) and continusly going to Tim, after he kept missing all his shots. Ugh.
Old 11-12-05, 08:32 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

backcourt played great tonight but our front court was crap. No reason we should get out rebounded by the Wiz.
Old 11-12-05, 08:33 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Deity
Besides giving up the Spurs needed to stop going to Tim tonight. That seriously was their down fall. I don't understand the concept of not going to the hot hand, Manu (the Spurs second best player) and continusly going to Tim, after he kept missing all his shots. Ugh.
Shouldn't Pop recognize this fact?

Let's go Spurs!

Old 11-12-05, 08:34 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

Only one block in the whole game
Old 11-12-05, 08:35 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
This Spurs team is deep enough that they didn't both Brent and Fin. HOWEVER one of the two would've helped because Melvin Sanders isn't gonna scare anyone any time soon.

i also couldn't understand that, we were down 7 to start the 4th and we went to tim every time and he just wasn't hitting that shot and before you knew it the lead was 17.
Old 11-12-05, 08:54 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

probably trying to get some inside-out game going with TIm, even if he was struggling ... we were shooting 3's well so they would of tightened up on the perimeter in the 4th.

it was back to back and we had some of our bench missing... all valid excuses.

gotta hand it to Arena's .. Huge game.
Old 11-12-05, 09:06 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

this goes well with that article titled:

"Duncan quietly makes noise"

yup, it doesn't get any quieter than this!

nice.

ahhaa

Quote:
Besides giving up the Spurs needed to stop going to Tim tonight. .
STOP going to Tim. NO no no .... you never stop going to tim. its timmy freakin duncan...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

if the game is meant to be won, tim will win it.

win or loss hinges on tim duncan, always.

--> you could say.... w/ great power, comes great responsiblity #21, w/ great power, comes great responsibility indeed.
Old 11-12-05, 09:14 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

very disappointing performance tonight, but it's not a biggie . . . it simply wasn't our nite @ all . . . and it definitely was Arenas' . . . but there's 75 more games this season . . . let's hope they learn from this, and let's all move on.
Old 11-12-05, 09:30 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarineForLife
there's 75 more games this season . . .
yeah, but now they can only loose 8 more games...

72-10 baby!
Old 11-12-05, 10:06 PM
SpursReport Team Member

I thought Tim was getting beat up pretty badly in the low post tonight. I was disappointed that the Wiz's frontcourt players were getting away with all the hacking and slapping, but I guess that's part of the game: some nights you're going to get the calls and some night's you won't. I think Tim was really frustrated tonight and he let it get to his head, which is unusual for him. Instead of getting more aggressive and taking it all the way to the basket for dunks he kept settling for chip shots which just wouldn't fall. Man, it seem like there was freaking lid on the basket every time Tim shot the ball.

That was a painful game to watch. I hate seeing this team give up so many easy shots. Where the hell is the defense we've come to know? Crap I hate nights like tonight. It leaves a bad taste in my mouth.
Old 11-12-05, 10:52 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Just got back from MCI Center. Arenas was ridiculous tonight, and even a great effort by Ginobili couldn't stop him. It seemed like Duncan was always getting pushed about a foot from where he wanted to be on the court, and he took a loooooooooooong time thinking about his free throws when he started struggling. Parker played well but obviously couldn't contain Arenas. Van Exel and Bowen were great. Horry and Rasho seemed lost. With Manu and Tony both having success it seemed like they forgot about Timmy in the second and he wasn't able to get on track in the 3rd. Rough game to watch, and the DC fans made sure to heckle me as I left the arena. It was a good sight to see Antonio Daniels come by and give hugs to Timmy and Pop before the game.
Old 11-12-05, 11:35 PM
SpursReport Team Veteran

You don't win games when you let the other team shoot better than 55% FG ....end of story.