News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com

Go Back   SpursReport.com > SpursReport Fan Forums > Spurs and NBA Fan Feedback

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-10-05, 12:25 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Wade: Fall 7 times, Get up 8, Turnover 10

Dude had a triple double last night with pts, rebounds, and turnovers.
Now we all know how good Wade is, but wow, this is getting into Stephen Jackson of '03 territory.
Old 11-10-05, 12:35 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Give him a break. He was almost the only player on the court for Miami yesterday (on offense).
Haslem and Simien also did fine.
It will be a long season for Wade...
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 11-10-05, 12:53 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Walker and Williams were probably tripping him.
Old 11-10-05, 12:54 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Everybody has bad games. I sure as hell wouldn't let Toine Walker or Williams takeover on O.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 11-10-05, 01:05 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

dude, did you happen to see spurs play last night? hell they had so many TO's that i lost count! and many were dumb too. i know wade had 10 by himself, but we as a team sucked too in that area
Old 11-10-05, 01:07 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

Don't mean to be a stickler, but if you fall 7 times, why would you need to get up MORE than 7 times?
Old 11-10-05, 01:12 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckennaspur1
Don't mean to be a stickler, but if you fall 7 times, why would you need to get up MORE than 7 times?
The first time you woke up in the morning...
Old 11-10-05, 01:13 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:

i was thinking that too the first time i saw that commercial.
Old 11-10-05, 01:13 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
hmmm.... you were down to begin with?
Old 11-10-05, 01:23 PM
SpursReport Team Member

they might mean hes "getting up" as in jumping with his "mad hops" to dunk the ball. cuz right after they say that fall down 7,get up 8 thing they show him dunking it. just a theory
Old 11-10-05, 01:28 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by MATIAS
Give him a break. He was almost the only player on the court for Miami yesterday (on offense).
Haslem and Simien also did fine.
It will be a long season for Wade...
yep, he did turn the ball over a lot but poor Dwyane was trying to do too much... and who can blame him, after seeing the pathetic display of Walker and Williams. I wonder if those two share a brain... well, whatever it is they've got in there, at least.
Haslem did much more than fine, he did great. Alonzo did very good as well.
Honestly, I wasn't too impressed with Indiana. They should have run over a Miami side without Shaq, but they were up and down all along.
One thing worth mentioning was Jasikevicius' clutch shot, perhaps an indication of what's to come.
Old 11-10-05, 01:29 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Guys, I don't really care about Wade's turnovers, I just wanted to make this thread title, geez...

Old 11-10-05, 01:37 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesR
You should have lied and said "Turnover 9"

Oh yeah, didn't even think of that.
Old 11-10-05, 01:45 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duncanrulz21
Dude had a triple double last night with pts, rebounds, and turnovers.
Now we all know how good Wade is, but wow, this is getting into Stephen Jackson of '03 territory.
I hate to say this but Tim Duncan had 10 turnovers in game 2 against LAL in 2002 and we all feel he's the best player in the NBA. Everyone can have a bad night.
Lest we forget, in the biggest NBA game of the last decade, the Spurs handled the Pistons in the type of game that Detroit is supposedly built for. In deciding games between San Antonio and Detroit, the Spurs are 1-0, and the Pistons are 0-1.
Old 11-10-05, 01:49 PM
SpursReport Staff Writer

Quote:
exactly my thought when I first heard this.

Sounds like he is getting ahead of himself and expecting to fall down again.
Old 11-10-05, 01:51 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spurs7794
I hate to say this but Tim Duncan had 10 turnovers in game 2 against LAL in 2002 and we all feel he's the best player in the NBA. Everyone can have a bad night.
Quote:
Guys, I don't really care about Wade's turnovers, I just wanted to make this thread title, geez...

Old 11-10-05, 01:52 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mg06
yep, he did turn the ball over a lot but poor Dwyane was trying to do too much... and who can blame him, after seeing the pathetic display of Walker and Williams. I wonder if those two share a brain... well, whatever it is they've got in there, at least.
Haslem did much more than fine, he did great. Alonzo did very good as well.
Honestly, I wasn't too impressed with Indiana. They should have run over a Miami side without Shaq, but they were up and down all along.
One thing worth mentioning was Jasikevicius' clutch shot, perhaps an indication of what's to come.
Agreed. It seems that the next Spurs game on TV will be Dec 21st against the NY.
Old 11-10-05, 02:07 PM
SpursReport Team Member

I am really feeling for the guy.

Call me a fool, but I honestly thought that the presence of O'Neal and Riley looming overhead would straighten Antoine and J-Will out. Instead these two are playing like a couple of selfish morons. Last night even when they were scoring they looked so out of place and the offense was so ragged that you just knew there was no way it was going to be sustained.

Wade has got to be VERY upset with Riles right about now. Looks like Pat is going to have to come down sooner then I expected (predicted a January dismissal of VG) and try and straighten this out.

-J.W.
Old 11-10-05, 02:10 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
My bad i need to start reading these threads more carefully
Lest we forget, in the biggest NBA game of the last decade, the Spurs handled the Pistons in the type of game that Detroit is supposedly built for. In deciding games between San Antonio and Detroit, the Spurs are 1-0, and the Pistons are 0-1.
Old 11-10-05, 03:45 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Agreed. It seems that the next Spurs game on TV will be Dec 21st against the NY.
Yup, the next in Latin America.
BTW BSPNLA sucks.
Miami- Indiana was fun to watch but who cares?, I wanted to see our Spurs.
Old 11-10-05, 03:55 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spurs7794
i remember Phil Jackson said Duncan had a triple double in that game. I really wanted to jack-slap Jackson after that.
Old 11-10-05, 03:56 PM
SpursReport Team Member

did you guys watch the game? Artest was seriously putting the clamp on him! Wade was so frustrated most of those turnover came off offensive fouls and traveling.... I must have seen at least 4 offensive fouls from Wade! Artest is seriously scary this year the way he has been playing...
Old 11-11-05, 02:43 AM
SpursReport Team Captain

I love the title.

Does anyone know what song plays in that commercial???
Old 11-11-05, 10:48 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Yeah it's a pretty nice song
Old 11-11-05, 10:50 AM
MomBear

Did you guys watch the game last night vs Houston? Was the crowd chanting MVP for Wade?

Old 11-11-05, 10:52 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonnington
Yup, the next in Latin America.
BTW BSPNLA sucks.
Miami- Indiana was fun to watch but who cares?, I wanted to see our Spurs.
We have Kobe vs AI tonight
Old 11-12-05, 10:09 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
We have Kobe vs AI tonight
You'd think the NBA would realize that the Spurs popularity with Latin Americans/Hispanics (trying to be culturally sensitive--not sure which is preferred) should dictate that more Spurs games would be broadcast.
Old 11-12-05, 05:09 PM
SpursReport Assistant Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelden
You'd think the NBA would realize that the Spurs popularity with Latin Americans/Hispanics (trying to be culturally sensitive--not sure which is preferred) should dictate that more Spurs games would be broadcast.
Well, more international showings, than national, to be honest. That's where a lot of the Spurs following comes from, the international... This forum alone demonstrates that well, and many don't get to see a lot of the games, which sucks for them.

"When nothing seems to help, I go look at a stonecutter hammering away at this rock perhaps 100 times without as much as a crack showing in it. Yet at the 101st blow, it will split in two and I know it was not that blow that did it. But all that had gone before." - Jacob Riis
Old 11-12-05, 07:46 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

The team is in a city named San Antonio!