News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com
Old 11-04-05, 12:17 PM
SpursReport Rookie

NEWS: Shaq out 2-4 Weeks

I was just watching ESPN News now, so there isno link on this, but they are reporting as breaking news that Shaq will be out 2-4 weeks. OuCH! That is going to affect them I think. Just think, the season is just starting and Shaq is already sidelined. How much more does he have in his tank for his career?
Well, we Spurs fans know how this feels...lets all hope our team stays healthy this year, cuz if they do we will all be celebrating again.
GO,SPURS,GO!!!!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 11-04-05, 12:18 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Well that didn't take long.

Stan Van Gundy, is that a shadow of Pat Riley I see behind you?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 11-04-05, 12:20 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

They have enough firepower to win without him. Walker, Williams, and Wade can carry the offense just fine. Problem is when Shaq comes back, and Walker is used to taking 18 shots a game. They'll have to start the readjustment process all over again.
Old 11-04-05, 12:21 PM
SpursReport Team Member

The Dwayne Wade for MVP Bandwagon will be boarding over the next 2-4 weeks.
Old 11-04-05, 12:21 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

he could probably be back in 2 weeks, but the heat should defer to caution and rest him for 4. the bottom line is playoffs. but this will definitely mess with the team's ability to get their chemistry going.
Old 11-04-05, 12:24 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pensive
How much more does he have in his tank for his career?
I was wondering the same thing after he signed his new contract this summer.
Old 11-04-05, 12:26 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

How critical is Shaq to a team's success? Tune-in in 2-4 weeks to find out.
Old 11-04-05, 12:41 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Figures. I have Snaq on my fantasy team.

My team already Lost Nene for the season...now Snaq for a few weeks on top of that. Hell...Hinrich hurt his ankle too and I have him as well.

Now my best center if freaking "Birdman" Anderson of the most embarrasing slam dunk contest moments fame.

At least Webber is playing well. Of course I wouldnt be suprised to see him go down soon too.
Old 11-04-05, 12:42 PM
The Master Baiter

Actually, watching the game last night, Shaq almost seemed out of place. He was getting passes he wasn't expecting from Jwill, wasn't getting alot of touches. And yet, Miami got back in it, virtually without him. I think they will be fine without him in the regular season, but they definitely need him for the playoffs. Problem is, you don't really heal from an ankle sprain until you've a few months of rest. I think we will see a bunch of excuses when they lose in the playoffs.
Old 11-04-05, 12:43 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by omax

My team already Lost Nene for the season...now Snaq for a few weeks on top of that. Hell...Hinrich hurt his ankle too and I have him as well.

Now my best center if freaking "Birdman" Anderson of the most embarrasing slam dunk contest moments fame.

At least Webber is playing well. Of course I wouldnt be suprised to see him go down soon too.
I think as a Fantasy GM, you dont draft very well.
Old 11-04-05, 12:58 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Stan could be out in 3-5 weeks
Old 11-04-05, 01:58 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Quote:

If you have any Spurs, trade them right now please!!
Old 11-04-05, 02:12 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Must be the 30# of "muscle" he put on in the off season.
Old 11-04-05, 02:14 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Let's all pitch in and start sending him some pizzas with extra cheese and sausage.
Old 11-04-05, 02:15 PM
SpursReport Assistant Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaceman Spiff
They have enough firepower to win without him. Walker, Williams, and Wade can carry the offense just fine. Problem is when Shaq comes back, and Walker is used to taking 18 shots a game. They'll have to start the readjustment process all over again.
Yep, they should be OK without him. It will be coming back that is the problem. Of course, he wont be gone like Webber was, so getting him back into the rotation shouldnt be as bad.
Old 11-04-05, 03:06 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Hate to play devil's advocate cause I hate shack but this may be a blessing in disguise for the Heat. If and only if they win, the team could find a way to co-exist.

Hopefully they lose, blame each other, start to fight and implode. That'll be great.
Old 11-04-05, 03:12 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Their defense might slip without him... they will probably be okay for the regular season though.

The big problem is his team becoming accustomed to playing without out him for the first month of the season. Could make for some nastiness when he returns and wants the ball.
Old 11-04-05, 03:32 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasNate
How critical is Shaq to a team's success? Tune-in in 2-4 weeks to find out.
Miami playing with an injured Shaq was beating Detroit last year. Although the Jones' are gone, I think that Miami is still very good without Shaq. Actually Shaq's injury problems are one of the reason that Riley incresed the talent level on his team instead of investing in strict role players.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoupIsGood
Their defense might slip without him... they will probably be okay for the regular season though.

The big problem is his team becoming accustomed to playing without out him for the first month of the season. Could make for some nastiness when he returns and wants the ball.
I'm not sure about that. Shaq's defense is looking worse with the day.
Old 11-04-05, 03:37 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manuac

I'm not sure about that. Shaq's defense is looking worse with the day.

True. I almost deleted that.... but I still think his wide-ass presence means something to them. I did downgrade it to 'might slip' though.
Old 11-04-05, 04:01 PM
SpursReport Team Member

ARTEST STRIKES AGAIN!!!

Cuz I'm sooory man, I've watched that replay enough times, and being a fan of the dirtiest little player in history in Johnny Stockon, I've seen all the moves. Artest just slipped in and conveniently placed his foot under Shaq's...

...and in the words of the cut and pastes guys from the Guinness beer commercials "BRILLIANT"

Last edited by JimmyFatSak17; 11-04-05 at 04:09 PM.
Old 11-04-05, 04:04 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyFatSak17
ARTEST STRIKES AGAIN!!!
Haha. I hear Sportcenter's headline for it was "HOW ARTEST HURT SHAQ."
Old 11-04-05, 04:07 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Come on people....its common knowledge Shaq doesn't like to play full seasons anymore.
Old 11-04-05, 04:46 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supernatural Anesthetist
Come on people....its common knowledge Shaq doesn't like to play full seasons anymore.

True....The Shaq Diesel's wheel bearings don't work they way they used to....
Old 11-04-05, 06:33 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

The problem with this as far as Shaq is concerned is that they have the pieces for a more up-tempo style of play. They have to slow it down a bit to get shaq involved.

If shaq is out too long...the guys might get used to playing the run and gun style...and may not like going back to the "dump it to shaq" style that they probably need to play in order to go all the way.
Old 11-04-05, 06:43 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
The problem with this as far as Shaq is concerned is that they have the pieces for a more up-tempo style of play. They have to slow it down a bit to get shaq involved.

If shaq is out too long...the guys might get used to playing the run and gun style...and may not like going back to the "dump it to shaq" style that they probably need to play in order to go all the way.
Or they may be better for it like we were when Tim was gone last year. We started doing even more motion offense and that helped us in the playoffs. I kno Shaq is more demanding of attention and the ball than Tim but this is what i think will happen.
Lest we forget, in the biggest NBA game of the last decade, the Spurs handled the Pistons in the type of game that Detroit is supposedly built for. In deciding games between San Antonio and Detroit, the Spurs are 1-0, and the Pistons are 0-1.