News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com

Go Back   SpursReport.com > SpursReport Fan Forums > Spurs and NBA Fan Feedback

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-05, 06:56 PM
SpursReport Rookie

"Lakers will reach the WCF" - Greg Anthony

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 11-02-05, 06:57 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 11-02-05, 06:59 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

what's next, "life is like a box of chocolates..."?
Old 11-02-05, 07:03 PM
SpursReport Team Member

he also picked the pacers over the spurs, not that there is anything wrong with that, but jeez does that guy hate the spurs
SpursReport Rookie

what the hell is he smoking?
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan 21 2005
Tell me this is only a joke.

Although you never know what can happen, I find this a very, very, very, deep reach to say the least.

Only Greg "Spurs cost me a Ring" Anthony would be ignorant enough to make this statement.
Old 11-02-05, 07:06 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

Picking the lakers to reach the WCF is freakin insane...and the other guys told him so

The lakers will be lucky to win 40 games and make the playoffs
Old 11-02-05, 07:11 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Location: The capital of Texas...that's right...Sunset Valley

Greg Anthony, please report to HR for a drug test.

"Married men live longer. Yes. And an indoor cat also lives longer. It's a furball with a broken spirit, that can only look out on a world it can never enjoy. But it does technically live longer." - Bill Maher
Old 11-02-05, 07:16 PM
SpursReport Assistant Coach

I was watching the show and although he made some interesting points, and I agree that LA will be better than many think - I just have to laugh at this prediction.

I laugh at it because I can clearly see that Anthony says a lot of what he does, soley to be the one that stirs the pot on his show and starts another big screamfest on-set which they think is actually entertaining.

Much as Barkley is on TNT to be entertaining and amusing as well as insightful - Anthony is almost the opposite. He's there strictly to make predictions that are so off-the-wall - they can't help but elicit a crazed reaction on-set. Stephen A Smith and Tim Legler bite his bait just as Anthony wants and away they go. They would be better suited just saying "That's your opinion" and ignoring him, making him look even more stupid than he already is.

I think the Lakers will be better than what many here think. I predicted they would win 50 games and I'll stand by that. The worse thing that can happen is that I'll be wrong.

To say that the Lakers are sleepers to make the Western Conference Finals is simply an off-the wall prediction to elicit a crazed response. It's meaningless.

As for Stephen A Smith who still finds it necessary to take a shot at Rasho Nesterovic, I have some enlightenment. Rasho Nesterovic has more rings than Allen Iverson, Kevin Garnett, LeBron James and Amare Stoudamire combined. The joke is officially tired - time for some new material.

Quote:
Originally Posted by romad_20
he also picked the pacers over the spurs, not that there is anything wrong with that, but jeez does that guy hate the spurs
That and he's probably just pimping his old butt buddy JO. He plays a role on that show and it's soley to go against everyone else.

I laugh when I hear him refer to O'Neal as a "dominant" big man. He has yet to dominate anything but a Michigan police blotter.

Shaq O'Neal. Tim Duncan. Kevin Garnett. Those are dominant big men.

JO has a long way to go.
Old 11-02-05, 07:29 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichB
I think the Lakers will be better than what many here think. I predicted they would win 50 games and I'll stand by that. The worse thing that can happen is that I'll be wrong.
Actually, the worst thing that can happen is you being right
Old 11-02-05, 07:40 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Wha show is this?

Smart man, picking Pacers over Spurs. : p
Old 11-02-05, 07:44 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Ban him from the SBC Center!!! We can't let the idiots in!!!
Old 11-02-05, 07:46 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Who is greg anthony?
Old 11-02-05, 08:58 PM
SpursReport Team Member

I absolutely loved how Tim Legler and Stephen A. put Greg Anthony's gluteus maximus in his place. I LMAO......

GO SPURS GO !!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoupIsGood
Wha show is this?

Smart man, picking Pacers over Spurs. : p

It was ESPN's NBA Shootaround.
Old 11-02-05, 09:04 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Oh.... that show annoys me.
Old 11-02-05, 09:06 PM
SpursReport Team Veteran

Does EPSN tell him to say things like that.

I dont mind the Pacers beating the Spurs in the final prediction, that could happen, but the Lakers in the WCF.

I guess GA knows something we dont know, like maybe Shaq is coming back.
Old 11-02-05, 09:11 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Greg Anthony pimping for the Lakers!!

Ahhhh, I feel much better now.

The stars are starting to come back into alignment.

No more of the so called experts picking the Spurs to go all the way. I can't take it anymore.
Old 11-02-05, 09:13 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Greg Anthony's full of sh*t. He'll probably pick the Lakers over the Spurs since he's still bitter about 99'. Pacers defeating the Spurs seems more likely than Lakers reaching the WCF. But I'm still not counting out the Pistons to meet the Spurs in the finals.
Old 11-02-05, 09:42 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blizzard6
Greg Anthony's full of sh*t. He'll probably pick the Lakers over the Spurs since he's still bitter about 99'. Pacers defeating the Spurs seems more likely than Lakers reaching the WCF. But I'm still not counting out the Pistons to meet the Spurs in the finals.
he actually is still bitter from '99. he admitted that last year.
Old 11-02-05, 09:42 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

he did not emphatically pick the lakers to get to the western conference finals. he stated that the lakers were his sleeper pick. when stephen a. stated that a sleeper needed to be a team that would get to the conference finals, anthony did not back off, stating that the lakers 'could' get there. he also said that the pacers would beat the spurs but even then he did not seem all to convinced himself.
Old 11-02-05, 09:47 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Perhaps, Anthony should seek professional help..with the emotional scarring and all.....
Old 11-02-05, 11:12 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Spurs left him at the alter one summer and the guy still holds a grudge. Problem for him is that his grudge is costing him the little shred of credibility the guy had.
Old 11-03-05, 01:16 AM
SpursReport Team Member

thats going to be extremely difficult when you factor in that you actually have to MAKE the playoffs......

greg anthony is embarassing. and a MORON!
Old 11-03-05, 01:24 AM
SpursReport Assistant Coach

They'll make the first round, but making the WCF, would require a big push. Many more teams that are more talented and stacked than Lakers.

"When nothing seems to help, I go look at a stonecutter hammering away at this rock perhaps 100 times without as much as a crack showing in it. Yet at the 101st blow, it will split in two and I know it was not that blow that did it. But all that had gone before." - Jacob Riis
Old 11-03-05, 04:53 AM
SpursReport Team Member

I wouldnt completely count out the Lakers getting to the WCF. If Kobe gets hot he can just kill teams in the playoffs. I would not pick them I am not saying that, but I wouldnt say thats impossible. Now not sure where they would be when the playoffs start(if they make it) but obviously if they get matched up agaisnt the Spurs before the WCF then they have no chance. If they have to beat either of Nuggets/Mavs/Rockets/Suns/Kings they will have a shot since those teams can be beaten early.
Old 11-03-05, 07:31 AM
SpursReport Team Captain

the lakers will be lucky to make the playoffs and get out of the first round

WCF talk is beyond insane
Old 11-03-05, 08:11 AM
MomBear

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeSchmo
Greg Anthony, please report to HR for a drug test.
don't send him here...
Old 11-03-05, 08:19 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Every time Greg Anthony opens his mouth we all get dumber!!!
Old 11-03-05, 08:44 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeSchmo
:
Greg Anthony, please report to SR for a drug test.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MomBear
don't send him here...
Send him here that so we can find out where he got that good sh!t.
Old 11-03-05, 10:13 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazydavy
Send him here that so we can find out where he got that good sh!t.

Right right right !!!! LOL !!!

Old 11-03-05, 10:22 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpurForLife
I absolutely loved how Tim Legler and Stephen A. put Greg Anthony's gluteus maximus in his place. I LMAO......

Which is what the producer of the show wanted. RichB is probably correct, it's all for entertainment and shock value. As much as Spurs fans would love to hear it, most Basketball shows would be lifeless and boring if all they had to say was that the "Spurs will run away with it." Within the month, one of the three will probably predict that NY will make the ECF.
Even Football experts on TV make some "wild" predictions at the start of the season. Again, it's all for show.
Old 11-03-05, 10:25 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Did he make these comments in the joke hour? What is GA smoking?
Old 11-03-05, 10:25 AM
SpursReport Team Captain

Location: Bangalore - Silicon Valley East - Ex hyderabd, Cupertino/CA & Campinas Brazil, Houston and SanAntonio

I think the Lakers will be mediocre at best this season - may get inot the playoffs
Old 11-03-05, 11:18 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Picking the Lakers to reach the West finals is simply insane.
Old 11-03-05, 11:47 AM
Dr. Doom!!!

LMFAO at this crap, he is an idiot......
You could let it pick your brain for weeks and months, just replay it over and over, won't do you any good at all. When someone loses a loved one and they do that it only brings forth anguish. I feel acceptance is sometimes the key, it happened, now you have to react to it. Giving up is not an option.