News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com
Old 11-02-05, 05:45 PM
SpursReport Rookie

This team is winning it all

Duh! I know! But as I watched the game last night this team seemed eerily similar to Michael's bulls. Pop would just kind of throw players out there with no rhyme or reason (basically playing with his new toys) and the game kinda went back and forth, back and forth. Then the fourth quarter started. The whole team tied their shoes and put on their work helmets and took it to the nuggets. It was like the whole 3 quarters before they were just playing basketball having a good time, but now it's the fourth quarter. Now it's time to get down to business. This team could easily when as many games as they want to and if they get on a roll early I see no reason for them not to join the 70 win club. The depth, the attitudes, and the talent is all there to put together one of the greatest seasons ever seen in the NBA. I know Pop doesn't care about meaningless records, but even he may not be able to hold this team back. It's going to be a great season. GO SPURS GO!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 11-02-05, 05:47 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Thanks for the jinx
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 11-02-05, 05:48 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Ah, hubris.

Let's give it half a season and see what happens.
Old 11-02-05, 05:49 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

Gotta appreciate "unbridled enthusiasm" after only 48 minutes of regular season play.
Old 11-02-05, 06:05 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by To be named later
Gotta appreciate "unbridled enthusiasm" after only 48 minutes of regular season play.
While it is very early in the season to get too enthusiastic, I was surprised that the team was able to kick it up a notch in the last twelve minutes. Those lulls in not scoring and seeing the other team continue to put up points did not materialize in the final quarter - especially with Finley on the floor. It looks like the offense is catching up with the defense.

Can't wait to see the next 81 games.
Old 11-02-05, 06:05 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
This team could easily when as many games as they want to and if they get on a roll early I see no reason for them not to join the 70 win club.
Hopefully they when at least 60.
Old 11-02-05, 06:35 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by To be named later
well one game hasnt stopped a few from wondering if picking up NVE was worth it of if Oberto can play
Old 11-02-05, 11:28 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

i am excited by finley, man i can't wait till the guys know where likes to catch the ball. we have a hellava team
Old 11-03-05, 01:32 AM
SpursReport Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by parkertoduncan
I see no reason for them not to join the 70 win club.
Come on, only on team has EVER done that. The odds are VERY low.

It can happen, but there are many more reasons for it not to.
Old 11-03-05, 09:04 AM
SpursReport Team Captain

so what happens if we lose the next game?

spurs suck?
crazy crazy evaluations from one game.

but it was a good one. i enjoyed it. i sure hope they can mesh Fast, and their depth can bail them out when other players are having bad nights (hence leading us toward that bulls single season record).... but who knows yet.
Old 11-03-05, 09:40 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

The Spurs were on cruise control til the 4th and then kicked it up one level... the scary thing is they probably have another 3 levels after that.

That said...they will play better teams and they will have some off nights.
Old 11-03-05, 12:24 PM
SpursReport Team Member

How mercurial are some of our posters. This is a long, hard journey and you take step by step, game by game.