News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com

Go Back   SpursReport.com > SpursReport Fan Forums > Spurs and NBA Fan Feedback

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-05, 04:33 PM
SpursReport Team Member

What's with Horry on the last shot of the game??

He tried to wrestle the rebound away from Timmy, and he ended up with it.. I know its for fun and all but at that point, I really believe Timmy had around 8 or 9 rebounds. Its not a big deal or anything because its just stats so don't go off at me... I just wanted to see Timmy get that double/double.

Somehow, Tim still ended with 10 boards.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 11-02-05, 04:35 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

I think Rob was credited for that rebound?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 11-02-05, 04:35 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

They were just fooling around. I thought it was funny. Duncan and Horry were both laughing.
Old 11-02-05, 04:37 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Yea, I realized they were fooling around... but that could have been Tim's 10th rebound, which I really thought it was... I was counting, don't ask why!
Old 11-02-05, 04:38 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

I loved it, especially since people think Duncan has such a bland personality, he and Rob looked like kids out there having a blast.
Old 11-02-05, 04:38 PM
SpursReport Rookie

I thought they were just fighting to keep the game ball.
Old 11-02-05, 04:39 PM
FrenchConnection

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuxia
Yea, I realized they were fooling around... but that could have been Tim's 10th rebound, which I really thought it was... I was counting, don't ask why!
I think that Tim doesn't care about double-double. When you have won 3 championships, you know that there are more important stats than the personnal ones.
Old 11-02-05, 04:40 PM
SpursReport Rookie

well, it was the night they got their ring, i dont know bout u but that seems kinda special 2 me.
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmy21girl
well, it was the night they got their ring, i dont know bout u but that seems kinda special 2 me.
They got something more valuable than the gameball, their Rings.
SpursReport Team Bench

Surely you aren't really concerned that Horry was trying to steal Tim's rebound.

To be a good rebounder you can't stand back thinking 'the other guy will get it...and as a result sometimes you wind up wrestling the ball away from a teammate, but its not some deliberate form of selfishness (unless you're Kevin Garnett).

I'm sure neither is focused on making sure Tim gets 10 instead of 9 rebounds, they are just taking care of business and having some fun out there.
Old 11-02-05, 04:43 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

"Slam, doot doot-ah, let the boys be boys...Slam...."
Old 11-02-05, 04:54 PM
SpursReport Team Member

the spurs should fire pop before tony pulls down manu's shorts after a dunk.
Old 11-02-05, 04:57 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

it was actually quite funny. There are NBA players who actually care about snagging that last meaningless rebound or making that last meaningless basket, so their stats look better. Whoever took that last shot on the Nuggets (I forget who is was) is that kind of player. By pretending to fight over the rebound, Tim and Robert were mocking that practice.
Old 11-02-05, 04:57 PM
SpursReport Assistant Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpurInDallas
They were just fooling around. I thought it was funny. Duncan and Horry were both laughing.
Yep.
Old 11-02-05, 04:59 PM
SpursReport Team Member

So what is this thread about? Rob trying to pad stats? give me a break....

trade horry!
Old 11-02-05, 05:04 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

its was all fun and games until someone loses an eye!
Old 11-02-05, 05:10 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoMamaIsCallin
it was actually quite funny. There are NBA players who actually care about snagging that last meaningless rebound or making that last meaningless basket, so their stats look better. Whoever took that last shot on the Nuggets (I forget who is was) is that kind of player. By pretending to fight over the rebound, Tim and Robert were mocking that practice.
Why exactly was the player on the nuggets "that kinda player"? From my experience watching the NBA, the losing team always still tries to score while the winning team will run out the clock.
Lest we forget, in the biggest NBA game of the last decade, the Spurs handled the Pistons in the type of game that Detroit is supposedly built for. In deciding games between San Antonio and Detroit, the Spurs are 1-0, and the Pistons are 0-1.
Old 11-02-05, 05:17 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesR
if there is time left on the clock (shot clock if you are winning) you always try to score. Period.
Not always. I've seen a few games where even the guy on the losing team didn't bother to shoot in the last few seconds. If you're down by twenty and theres three seconds left, what difference does it make either way?
Old 11-02-05, 05:23 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasNate
Not always. I've seen a few games where even the guy on the losing team didn't bother to shoot in the last few seconds. If you're down by twenty and theres three seconds left, what difference does it make either way?
yeah that happens occasionally but more often than not, they do end up shooting it.
Lest we forget, in the biggest NBA game of the last decade, the Spurs handled the Pistons in the type of game that Detroit is supposedly built for. In deciding games between San Antonio and Detroit, the Spurs are 1-0, and the Pistons are 0-1.
Old 11-02-05, 05:25 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by spurs7794
yeah that happens occasionally but more often than not, they do end up shooting it.
True...and I wouldn't say that makes a case for criticizing them either...just part of playing the game.
Old 11-02-05, 06:14 PM
SpursReport Team Member

anyway i just wanna know what that new song called before ya'll ready for this comes on

tim and robert were messing around

~Go Spurs Go~
Old 11-02-05, 06:20 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

If it's no big deal to you, why do you bother creating a thread about it?

I thought it was way funny.
Old 11-02-05, 06:24 PM
SpursReport Team Member

I just wanted to share my view, and I was wondering if anyone felt the same way
Old 11-02-05, 06:32 PM
SpursReport Assistant Coach

I see the beginning of a team feud, I think Horry wants to go back to his LA days and be the story.
Old 11-02-05, 06:40 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

Location: Bangalore - Silicon Valley East - Ex hyderabd, Cupertino/CA & Campinas Brazil, Houston and SanAntonio

Tim got his 10 board earlier