News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com
Old 10-31-05, 08:01 AM
SpursReport Team Veteran

Doleac on the block?

(Thought this story was interesting since Pop/RC are said to be big Doleac fans. They almost traded for him once before. How about a three way deal of some sort?)

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald...l/13040513.htm

ON THE MOVE?

With Mourning healthy and playing well, and Barron developing as a reliable third option at center, the Heat is still exploring the possibility of trading Michael Doleac, possibly to the Atlanta Hawks. Doleac is in the second year of a four-year, $11 million contract and would help Atlanta make up for the loss of Jason Collier, who died suddenly two weeks ago. The Hawks, because they are under the salary cap, can acquire Doleac without having to return a player to the Heat, but would likely offer the Heat a second-round draft pick.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 10-31-05, 09:19 AM
SpursReport Team Member

I don't care what you say, the man who seemingly has never missed a 15-20 footer would be a more than solid addition to any team. Rugged, smart, solid center.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 10-31-05, 10:00 AM
SpursReport Team Member

The guy shoots 44% (38% or so in the playoffs). I'm willing to bet he's missed a ton of 15 footers.
Old 10-31-05, 11:15 AM
SpursReport Team Veteran

Wonder what his salary situation is?
Old 10-31-05, 11:27 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Will make $2.6 this season , $2.8 next and has a player option for 2007/2008 worth $3.1.
Old 10-31-05, 12:47 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

I don't think he would help the Hawks much if they plan on playing uptempo. He's too much of a softy for the Bulls. What about the Hornets?
Old 10-31-05, 02:11 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaceman Spiff
I don't think he would help the Hawks much if they plan on playing uptempo. He's too much of a softy for the Bulls. What about the Hornets?
He'd be a decent back up to Paculia if they plan on starting him. A good replacement choice for Jason Collier (R.I.P.)