News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com
Old 10-03-05, 03:36 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Simmons to be arrested

link

Woman alleges Bucks player fondled, punched her

Milwaukee police said today they plan to question recently acquired Milwaukee Bucks player Bobby Simmons following an early morning incident Saturday in which a woman said he fondled and punched her.

Bobby Simmons was signed by the Bucks in the off-season.

Simmons is accused of fondling a 25-year-old woman around 2 a.m. Saturday morning in a car after leaving a downtown bar, said Lt. Mark Ciske, of the department's Sensitive Crimes Unit.

After leaving The Jungle, 618 N. Broadway St., the woman asked for a ride and got into Simmons' car, Ciske said. Another person also was in the car, he said.

The woman told police Simmons fondled her and then punched her in the face, Ciske said. The woman then got out of the car, which was not moving, he said. She reported the incident a short time later, he said.

Officers plan to arrest Simmons on suspicion of misdemeanor fourth-degree sexual assault and misdemeanor battery, Ciske said.

Simmons, at the Bucks' media day this morning, said he's "very confident" he'll be exonerated.

"I’m really not talking about it. I’m cooperating fully," Simmons said. "I came to Milwaukee for basketball, not for anything like this."

Bucks general manager Larry Harris said the team would support Simmons through the legal process.

"Certainly we’re aware of the allegation," Harris said. "It’s an ongoing process and hopefully this thing will get resolved shortly."

Simmons, 25, was one of the most sought-after free agents on the NBA market this summer. He was named the league's most improved player after averaging 16.4 points and 5.9 rebounds in 37.3 minutes per game with the Los Angeles Clippers last season.

Team workouts across the league start Tuesday.

Bucks general manager Larry Harris targeted Simmons early in the free-agent negotiating period and reached a verbal agreement with him on July 8. He signed a five-year, $47 million free-agent contract in August and is expected to play a major role in helping the Bucks bounce back from a 30-52 record to make the playoffs this season.

Simmons was introduced as a Buck at a news conference Aug. 8 at the Cousins Center. At the news conference were Simmons' fiancée and 5-year-old son.

Simmons was a high school and college standout in Chicago where he attended Simeon High School and spent three seasons at DePaul University before entering the NBA draft as an early entry candidate in 2001.

Last year was a breakout season for Simmons, who finally landed a starting spot after being taken by Seattle in the second round of the 2001 NBA draft, and being dealt to Washington the same night.

He played in only 66 games during his first two seasons with the Wizards and started just five. But he played in 131 games during the last two seasons with the Clippers.

He shot 43.5% from three-point range last season and 84.6% at the foul line, and he had a career-best 106 steals.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 10-03-05, 03:40 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Nothing good happens at 2 am....why cant these guys figure this out?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 10-03-05, 03:45 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

^^ Not true; 2am is THE prime hour for fondling. ^^
Old 10-03-05, 04:11 PM
SpursReport Team Member

That's a pretty bad story. I know no one is surprised by NBA player's mishaps anymore, but Simmons has always had a reputation as a good guy.
Old 10-03-05, 04:15 PM
SpursReport Assistant Coach

Ooops. Man some guys just don't have any luck. The woman got into his car, right there that is trouble. But that kind of stuff happens when your a night lifer. Take it from me, I was a devout night lifer for a good 30 years.
Old 10-03-05, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malice
Nothing good happens at 2 am....why cant these guys figure this out?
2 A.M. was a good time for passing contraband at an international port of entry where I worked...
Old 10-03-05, 04:27 PM
SpursReport Team Member

why cant they all just stay home and play boggle or dungeons and dragons with their friends?
Old 10-03-05, 04:32 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

man, he had 106 steals!

wait, he did what?! Someones getting paid.
Old 10-03-05, 04:55 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Don't be so quick to accuse him, folks. He may not have done anything and the girl may just be well aware of his $47 mil. If it is true, though, that's really pathetic for him and sad for the Bucks organization rep.
Old 10-03-05, 05:05 PM
SpursReport Assistant Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaceman Spiff
Don't be so quick to accuse him, folks. He may not have done anything and the girl may just be well aware of his $47 mil. If it is true, though, that's really pathetic for him and sad for the Bucks organization rep.
Exactly. Remember, Kobe wasnt found guilty either and everyone jumped all over him.

Old 10-03-05, 05:29 PM
SpursReport Team Member

IM LOOKING FOR A FANTASY BASKETBALL TEAM ANYONE HAVE ONE

??????
Old 10-03-05, 05:29 PM
SpursReport Rookie

I don't think he punched that girl in the face. He is a good kid.
Old 10-03-05, 10:09 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

If this is true, dude definately has bi-polar disorder. To fondle someone - then punch them in the face.

Later, at the scene, Simmons said he'd cooperate fully with police. He then got in his car, flipped the detective the bird and fled the scene.

I was actually relieved when I opened this thread. By the title, I was worried that RICHARD Simmons had been arrested. WHEW!!!!
Old 10-03-05, 11:52 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Bobby Simmons has already had a reputation as a good guy, I have a hard time believing this.
Old 10-04-05, 01:14 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by grif

I was actually relieved when I opened this thread. By the title, I was worried that RICHARD Simmons had been arrested. WHEW!!!!
Hey at least when Richard Simmons got arrested it was for slapping a man ... a cage fighter no less ...