News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com

Go Back   SpursReport.com > SpursReport Fan Forums > Spurs and NBA Fan Feedback

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-04-04, 08:25 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Another reason why TIM DUNCAN IS my MVP...

I know it's been mentioned in other threads but I wanted it on it's own thread...

Timmy always sticks up for his teammates -- even if it's the 12 man off the bench...

He stood up for Devin Brown today

The other day he went in right away after KG pushed Manu

In the Kings game he went after Vlade (scoring wise) when he pushed Hedo...

I've seen him stand up for Jason Hart too and especially for Tony Parker and even Bruce Bowen.

HOw many players has Shaq or Kobe stood up for??? When have you ever seen Shaq go over and complain to a ref about say Luke Walton or Slava...

And did you see Timmy jumping up and down on the bench when Devin Brown went off on Utah???

He is such a special player and we are so fortanute to have him on the Spurs.

God Bless the Spurs!
Old 04-04-04, 08:28 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurs biggest fan
I know it's been mentioned in other threads but I wanted it on it's own thread...

Timmy always sticks up for his teammates -- even if it's the 12 man off the bench...

I've seen him stand up for Jason Hart too and especially for Tony Parker and even Bruce Bowen.

HOw many players has Shaq or Kobe stood up for??? When have you ever seen Shaq go over and complain to a ref about say Luke Walton or Slava...

And did you see Timmy jumping up and down on the bench when Devin Brown went off on Utah???

God Bless the Spurs!
VERY NICE and SO TRUE !!! He's a class act !!!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 04-04-04, 08:30 PM
SpursReport Rookie

word. Totally agree.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 04-04-04, 08:30 PM
SpursReport Assistant Coach

Great point....

I have said it time in and time out....

We will never know how great of a player and person TD is until he is gone.....

We have a spceial player on our hands......lets us always thank the gods for sending him our way in the Lotto....

Brooklyn's #1 Spurs fan!!!
Old 04-04-04, 08:47 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

I loved that moment when Tim came up to the Ref to argue about Kobe and Devan. Sadly, this entaraction underscores that refs only give the stars the calls.
Old 04-04-04, 08:47 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

well i dont thik u can get ne better than 5-0 and we were spoiled with robinson for soo long...but timmy is just as genuine a person and we as a community r blessed to have great role models like the towers on and off the court
Old 04-04-04, 08:49 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicky
I loved that moment when Tim came up to the Ref to argue about Kobe and Devan. Sadly, this entaraction underscores that refs only give the stars the calls.
Not always .. "Stars ??"
Old 04-04-04, 08:51 PM
SpursReport Team Member

He's such a great player and a great guy.
I think we're all very lucky that we get to watch him play while he is still young

"Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today" - James Dean
Old 04-04-04, 08:58 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Timmy is and always will be DA MAN!
Old 04-04-04, 09:27 PM
SpursReport Rookie

As a contrast to the classy act that TD is,

This is from ESPN.com:

"I can't really understand the kid. No offense to him or nothing. I couldn't understand him. I'll just bust his ass, let that speak for itself."
-- F Kevin Garnett, in the April 1 Tacoma News Tribune, on playing against C Vitaly Potapenko, on March 31. KG and the Sonic nearly came to blows during the T-Wolves victory; Garnett apparently does not speak Ukranian

Garnett may be playing well but he is not somebody I feel deserves such an accolade as MVP.
Old 04-04-04, 09:56 PM
SpursReport Team Member

I really love how Timmy stays on the court giving the guys highfives and head taps as they go to the lockerroom and doesn't go in until the last player is in front of him.

He's such a classy guy! Never have I seen an NBA player with that kind of persona. No other team captain does the courteous and motivational things that Timmy does for his teammates. He's one of a kind, no doubt.
Old 04-04-04, 10:40 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

I'll add this translated quote of Rasho's from a Slovenian paper last month.

"TD is an unusally quiet player, whose words have their weight. He does not talk frequently, but when he does, we all listen and his words will be implemented. His character is very appropriate for me, because he is more calm and very understanding."
Old 04-04-04, 10:43 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurs biggest fan

God Bless the Spurs!
KG is probably gonna win it but Tim is the real MVP. He didn't short arm jumpers in the 4th Qtr like KG did.

Old 04-04-04, 10:46 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Really great point! Team player all the way!
Old 04-05-04, 12:28 AM
SpursReport Team Captain

Location: Bangalore - Silicon Valley East - Ex hyderabd, Cupertino/CA & Campinas Brazil, Houston and SanAntonio

Amen!
Old 04-05-04, 12:59 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

TD is awesome
14-Time All-Defensive Team
5-Time NBA Champion
3-Time NBA Finals MVP
2-Time NBA MVP

And Still Going...
Old 04-05-04, 01:17 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Filthy Mouthed Wonder vs Ukraine Train?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasaspur
As a contrast to the classy act that TD is,

This is from ESPN.com:

"I can't really understand the kid. No offense to him or nothing. I couldn't understand him. I'll just bust his ass, let that speak for itself."
-- F Kevin Garnett, in the April 1 Tacoma News Tribune, on playing against C Vitaly Potapenko, on March 31. KG and the Sonic nearly came to blows during the T-Wolves victory; Garnett apparently does not speak Ukranian

Garnett may be playing well but he is not somebody I feel deserves such an accolade as MVP.
KG wanted to take on Potapenko? The Ukraine Train will snap his skinny ass in two.

Sometimes, Filthy Mouth should just rein in his emotions before he compromises his own physical well-being.
Old 04-05-04, 01:23 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

KG has no leadership skills and that's why they had to bring in Casell and Sprewell to help him win some games.

Tim Duncan is a leader on and off the court. Not to mention he is Mr. Clutch!
Old 04-05-04, 01:24 AM
HorryisBLACK!

great thread.

the truth is, we could all make so many posts and comments about tim.

he's a winner all aroudn. on and off the court. and he stays the same on both sides, he doesn't try to play two different personas. he's consistent! hah, emotionally and on the court!.

there is so much that gives tim value that doesn't add to a stat sheet. his relationship w/ his team, teamates. he not only encourages his teamates, he honestly trusts them which must be a great booster for each player on the team,,,coming out and knowing that the mvp thinks they have an important role on the team.

and when someone is hot, tim loves to sit back and just let them be. he doesn't try to make sure he is the center of attention, and try to hog the ball. he honestly seems to like it when his teamates shine.
Old 04-05-04, 02:46 AM
SpursReport Rookie

Quote:
I'll add this translated quote of Rasho's from a Slovenian paper last month.

"TD is an unusally quiet player, whose words have their weight. He does not talk frequently, but when he does, we all listen and his words will be implemented. His character is very appropriate for me, because he is more calm and very understanding."
Thanks for that great quote, coyotefan. I wonder if Rasho was thinking of Kevin Garnett when he said Tim is calm and understanding? I'm really glad Tim is that way. I can't root for a team of jerks, but the Spurs I wholeheartedly support.