News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com

Go Back   SpursReport.com > SpursReport Fan Forums > Spurs and NBA Fan Feedback

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-01-05, 07:50 AM
SpursReport Team Member

With 3 rings.......anything more is just gravy.

Im am a completely satisfied Spurs fan......

If someone would have told me I would see three championships in this city, I would have said they are nuts. One championship is sooooo hard to get, let alone 3. Anything the Spurs do from now on is just gravy for me........IF we win another ship or two it would be , but if not, Im still with my SPURS!!!

That being said, lets ride this wave for as long as we can......its so hard to be in a position like the Bulls were, and the Spurs are.....so GO SPURS GO!!!!!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 09-01-05, 07:55 AM
SpursReport Rookie

woody paige is an idiot
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 09-01-05, 08:07 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Agreed. I'm enjoying the fun for all it's worth. The multi-NFL champ 49ers were 2-14 last year!

Tim, Tony and Manu are our Montana, Young and Rice.
Old 09-01-05, 08:22 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

yeah the Spurs have exceeded my wildest dreams. it's fantastic to be a Spurs fan with the current management and Tim Duncan. we just have to be sure to not act like idiots about it like the lakers/bulls fans did when they were on top.

GO SPURS GO

-Bruce Bowen
Old 09-01-05, 08:35 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupermanThree
Agreed. I'm enjoying the fun for all it's worth. The multi-NFL champ 49ers were 2-14 last year!

Tim, Tony and Manu are our Montana, Young and Rice.
I'd take they are our Aikman, Irvin, Smith instead.
Old 09-01-05, 08:50 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake
I think it's awesome to have 3 rings under the belt when most teams out there have never won 1 at all.

That said, (barring injuries) I will be thoroughly disappointed if the Spurs do not win another trophy this coming year. The pieces are all here to win it and there will be no excuse if we don't.

In the future, I also want there to be no argument that we are in the midst of a dynasty. Right now, there is a question mark whether this Spurs team is a dynasty or not.

Disagree. The rest of the league is a level below us and we got even stronger. We are battle tested and we have the best trio in the NBA who is only going to get better. And we won it last year with an injured Duncan and tiredsome Manu. This Spurs team will be a dynasty if they keep everything in check. We have a mental edge over everyone and talent wise we arent that bad either . Nothing is a lock I know but honestly this is our time to own this league for a while with the way all these transactions have gone.
Old 09-01-05, 09:05 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
I'd agree and I'd go one further to say that Montana, Young and Rice doesnt make sense because the 3 of them were never on the field at the same time......I'm thinking he probably meant Montana, Craig and Rice.
Ok, I'm not a Cowboys fan...

That out of the way, maybe you prefer Dave, Tim and Manu for the sense of longevity I was trying to convey with Montana, Young and Rice. Tim is Rice (peaked with both) where Dave is Montana (early face of franchise) and Manu is Young (exploding when the older guy moves on.)

Also, Young was on the 49ers squad, backing up Montana, before becoming starter, while Manu came off the bench for Dave's last ring. But I don't want to be petty with details. Takes away from the positive vibes.

Go! Spurs! Go!
Old 09-01-05, 10:55 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

I'm not satisfied. After Duncan retires, many years down the road, then I can look back and be satisfied. Short term, I want a repeat and that 4th title next year to put the Duncan era Spurs ahead of the shaq-kobe lakers and Bird's celtics. After that I'll want a 5th to match Magic's lakers. After that I'll want a 6th to match Jordan's Bulls. And after that I'll want a 7th to leave the Duncan era Spurs trailing only Russell's celtics in terms of titles won.
Old 09-01-05, 10:55 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

Nope, gotta disagree with the original poster.

I want the Spurs to have a place in NBA history as one of the dynasty teams. Right now, that list is the Celtics, the Lakers, and the Jordan-era Bulls. Period.

If the Spurs can win the next 3 championships in a row, they will be right up there with the Bulls on that list. They will have won 4 in a row, plus 6 out of 10. The Bulls, of course, won 6 of 8, missing two when Jordan decided to play baseball. The Spurs would definitely be ahead of Houston and Detroit on the "best dynasty teams" list.

That is my dream.
Old 09-01-05, 03:09 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
So which is it? You say you disagee then say 'the Spurs will be a dynasty', meaning future tense.....
Nevermind I think I misread what you said.
Old 09-01-05, 03:33 PM
SpursReport Team Member

As a Spurs fan, its hard to imagine ever feeling better than I did after winning this year in game 7 against Detroit. Even if the spurs win again this year, I'm sure it would feel great, but I don't think it'll be on the same level of satisfaction as this past season's triumph. Of course, thats not to say I'd like the rest of the league to share that feeling of victory next season, or the season after that...
Old 09-01-05, 11:15 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

I also disagree with the original poster. Satisfied with 3 championships as a franchise? You know the Lakers have 13 titles and the Celtics have god-knows-how-many ... what if Bill Russell had said, "I'm satisfied, it's okay if I don't win again." Or Michael Jordan? Heck, what if Robert Horry said that? Be happy with the rings, be proud of the teams, but don't be satisfied. It ain't over yet!
Old 09-02-05, 12:07 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

...me thinks that the Timmy wants several servings of gravy still.
Old 09-02-05, 01:57 AM
SpursReport Team Member

not a damn thing wrong with more gravy.