News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com
Old 08-30-05, 12:25 AM
SpursReport Rookie

Lakersground seyz

Well, before the blowup of our team, the Spurs (and the Kings) were the most respected rivals of my Lakers. Congrats to the title. You guys deserve it more than anyone. You play as a team and have solid players as well as a humble superstar in T.D. I just had to vent a little since no other message board can probably relate to the B.S. that goes on Lakersground.net. Specifically, the obsession of Kobe and his followers of the KOBE KULT. It's gotten so bad, that sometimes reading the fanatical posts makes me want to puke.

It's hard to believe how god-like many LG.net posters make out Kobe to be. They preach he is without fault...and I'm not talking about his basketball prowess either. It's rather pathetic how some Mods even defend Kobe tooth and nail. A certain MOD, who will go unnamed, but rhymes with AG, had the audacity to say he felt no sympathy for Jay Williams (former Chicago Bull injured in a motorbike accident), yet had sympathy for Kobe and his past ordeal (something which he put himself in the situation and had total control of prior to that night). The hypocrisy is UNBELIEVABLY ASTRONOMICAL AND MIND BOGGLING.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 08-30-05, 12:29 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Sadly being in one of the number one markets in the world you will tend to have a higher percentage of low basketball IQ fans who will probably be a fan of the player before being a fan of the team and organization.
Old 08-30-05, 12:33 AM
Dr. Doom!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakerFan24Years
Well, before the blowup of our team, the Spurs (and the Kings) were the most respected rivals of my Lakers. Congrats to the title. You guys deserve it more than anyone. You play as a team and have solid players as well as a humble superstar in T.D. I just had to vent a little since no other message board can probably relate to the B.S. that goes on Lakersground.net. Specifically, the obsession of Kobe and his followers of the KOBE KULT. It's gotten so bad, that sometimes reading the fanatical posts makes me want to puke.

It's hard to believe how god-like many LG.net posters make out Kobe to be. They preach he is without fault...and I'm not talking about his basketball prowess either. It's rather pathetic how some Mods even defend Kobe tooth and nail. A certain MOD, who will go unnamed, but rhymes with AG, had the audacity to say he felt no sympathy for Jay Williams (former Chicago Bull injured in a motorbike accident), yet had sympathy for Kobe and his past ordeal (something which he put himself in the situation and had total control of prior to that night). The hypocrisy is UNBELIEVABLY ASTRONOMICAL AND MIND BOGGLING.
You could let it pick your brain for weeks and months, just replay it over and over, won't do you any good at all. When someone loses a loved one and they do that it only brings forth anguish. I feel acceptance is sometimes the key, it happened, now you have to react to it. Giving up is not an option.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 08-30-05, 01:23 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

LakerFan24, thanks for the post. I completely identify with your nausea. Living in LA during basketball season was hellish when the Lakers were good, but Mr. Bryant has proven that he's just another good player without Shaq and the rest. Why so many Angelinos still have so much affection for him is beyond me. It's hard to believe Buss would let one guy wreck his entire franchise - but he certainly did. Mr. Bryant deserves every hardship that comes his way.

Feel free to jump ship and pull for the best team with the best people - our Spurs.
Old 08-30-05, 01:30 AM
SpursReport Rookie

Thanks, but see, I am a Laker fan forever, born and raised in Los Angeles, CA my entire life. I'm not a Kobe fan, however. He's a great player, arguably the best two-guard in the league, but he's not greater than the team itself. Not even close. Just amazing how some "fans" idolize him. Rather sick.
Old 08-30-05, 01:38 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoapScumKills
Sadly being in one of the number one markets in the world you will tend to have a higher percentage of low basketball IQ fans who will probably be a fan of the player before being a fan of the team and organization.
I couldn't have said it better myself.
Old 08-30-05, 01:45 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
A certain MOD, who will go unnamed, but rhymes with AG, had the audacity to say he felt no sympathy for Jay Williams (former Chicago Bull injured in a motorbike accident), yet had sympathy for Kobe and his past ordeal (something which he put himself in the situation and had total control of prior to that night).
That guy is a moron. Seriously, quote anything he says and watch as the exact opposite happens.

-J.W.
Old 08-30-05, 01:46 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by miguelito
Mr. Bryant deserves every hardship that comes his way.

This kind of sh!t disgusts me more than anything Kobe could ever do.
Old 08-30-05, 01:51 AM
SpursReport Rookie

Yeah, man, I never understood why so many Laker fans backed Kobe in the Shaq-Kobe feud. I mean, he's Shaq! He's had good backup singers before Kobe and he's had them after Kobe. There's only one Shaq, though. You're right, Kobe is arguably the best 2 guard in the league, but who cares? You need a dominant big man unless you're Michael Jordan. I know Michael Jordan, and Kobe, you sir are no Michael Jordan!

On the bright side, you've got Andrew Bynum and Kwame!!!

Sorry, I shouldn't kick someone when they're down, but I couldn't resist. You beat us so many times during you're run, and then prevented us from repeating with that Fisher bull-isht in 2004.
Old 08-30-05, 02:13 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:

I have more respect for a fan who is willing to accept the shortcomings of his team and take the bad with the good then I do for the pseudo fans who bandwagon and jump aboard when "their" team is thriving.

I have been a hardcore fan of my Spurs as long as you have been a fan of your team.

Its unfortunate that Kobe, a legit superstar, could not get over his self and proceeded to basically single-handedly dismantle a team that (along with the Spurs) could have competed for many titles.

Although my beloved Spurs were never a real match for Magics Lakers, I respected that team. Shaq and Kobe though immensely talented were never a team I respected because they lacked class in respecting other teams, IMO.

Unfortunately for the lakers, they have fallen from the top of the mountain and the Spurs now are the team that will vie for dynasty status.

Your a good man, a good fan. Unfortunately though, now you, as a fan, are in the same place Spurs fans were in the 80's and 90's...looking up at the team that will be your teams nemesis for several years.
Old 08-30-05, 02:16 AM
SR's Resident Laker Hater

Quote:
You guys deserve it more than anyone. You play as a team and have solid players as well as a humble superstar in T.D. I just had to vent a little since no other message board can probably relate to the B.S. that goes on Lakersground.net. Specifically, the obsession of Kobe and his followers of the KOBE KULT. It's gotten so bad, that sometimes reading the fanatical posts makes me want to puke.
Welcome Lakerfan24years, Big time Laker hater but nonetheless welcome to a great forum.

Are you related or know a "Clark" from Lakerground. The written resemblance is uncanny.
Old 08-30-05, 02:27 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Welcome Laker Lanny...I always knew you could make it out of the dark and into the light...
Old 08-30-05, 02:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LASpursFan
Welcome Laker Lanny...I always knew you could make it out of the dark and into the light...
Or Shoes, DB Cooper, Sigmund, Jealous whiny sycophants sucking up to JD whose on a power trip all the time at the altar of Kobe.

Let's all sing the same 'ol song in unison:

All (any non-LAL team) fans comes on Lakerground looking for validation and love blah blah blah.

LG is comedy gold.

Last edited by JWest; 08-30-05 at 02:45 AM.
Old 08-30-05, 02:55 AM
Dr. Doom!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWest
Or Shoes, DB Cooper, Sigmund, Jealous whiny sycophants sucking up to JD whose on a power trip all the time at the altar of Kobe.

All (any non-LAL team) fans comes on Lakerground looking for validation and love blah blah blah.

LG is comedy gold.
Yeah Kobe is the best player in the world to them there, they say we have the best player in the game for Gods sakes all the time from what I read and don't even mention Tim, Shaq or whoever in there as well. They are lost, seriously.
You could let it pick your brain for weeks and months, just replay it over and over, won't do you any good at all. When someone loses a loved one and they do that it only brings forth anguish. I feel acceptance is sometimes the key, it happened, now you have to react to it. Giving up is not an option.
Old 08-30-05, 02:57 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
LG is comedy gold.
In the words of Samuel L. Jackson, "now that's the double truth, Ruth!"
Old 08-30-05, 03:21 AM
There is only 1 Ginobili!

I look at that crew as a bunch of circle-jerk idiots led by JoDee while clutching their pic of a young Kobe.

See what happens when you drink purple Kobe Kool-aid?

Old 08-30-05, 04:00 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
He's a great player, arguably the best two-guard in the league, but he's not greater than the team itself.

amen to that....even MJ had another dominant player in Pip on the court with him...
Old 08-30-05, 04:22 AM
SpursReport Rookie

Quote:

welcome my former miss guided friend to a bro/sis-hood that will truly embrace your genius for the written word.
Old 08-30-05, 09:37 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

I have to get my 2 cents in here ...
I am a Laker fan - not a Kobe fan or a Shaq fan - I am a Laker fan. However, between Shaq and Kobe, I am soooo happy that Shaq is gone and Kobe is the leader of the team. Not a part of any "Kobe Kult", I just want to see the Lakers return to glory. As for LG, I'll post there occasionally but it's not my particular cup of tea, as the saying goes. For the Lakers, I much prefer CL. But hypocrisy is going to be anywhere there are people so if you're looking for someplace where that doesn't exist - you won't find it.
Old 08-30-05, 09:40 AM
SpursReport Team Captain

Quote:

LG is comedy gold.
What?

You mean he stole my "bit"?

PLEASE tell me he isn't saying that NOW.......why would anyone, today, go to Laker site for validation and love?
Old 08-30-05, 09:57 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

I used to post on LG.net and can attest to the truth that you get attacked for being there.

You get called names, your psychological needs get analyzed, and you get told you are not welcome... despite their charter that says "all basketball fans welcome".

On the subject of Kobe vs. Shaq, I've always thought that as a business decision of the Lakers, if you HAVE to choose between them (which apparently they did), choosing Kobe makes business sense. He's younger and has many more years left than Shaq does.
Old 08-30-05, 10:59 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Frankly, it's kind of disturbing some of y'all know so much about Lakersground. Yeah, they run a tight ship over there, but this forum is at the point where it's more than active enough to have every other thread NOT be about LG.
Old 08-30-05, 11:06 AM
MomBear

Quote:
Originally Posted by To be named later
What?

You mean he stole my "bit"?

PLEASE tell me he isn't saying that NOW.......why would anyone, today, go to Laker site for validation and love?
Kobe's gotta go somewhere...
Old 08-30-05, 11:18 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Just yesterday( no joke) I was going to applaud everyone here for not mentioning LG for quite a long time.......NO APPLAUSE FOR YOU!!!
Old 08-30-05, 11:21 AM
MomBear

awww see you guys have gone and made the Hulk angry!.... ruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuunnn

Old 08-30-05, 11:37 AM
SpursReport Team Captain

Quotes 'o' the day from LG:

Quote:
I think I'm going to slit my throat.
Quote:
Ill be happy to see Finley goto the Spurs That means the Heat wont win another championship for awhile.
Quote:
Some where, some place there is a sp*rs fan reading all these brown noser posts with a quiet chuckle
And, responding to a Van Exel fan who said he will root for Van Exel no matter WHAT team he plays for, and still be a Laker fan:
Quote:
No and here's why.

Lakers playing the spurs in the WC championship game 7.

2 seconds left lakers by 1 point spurs have the ball for the last shot. Nick takes the last shot. are you rooting for him to make it and and send the sp*rs to the finals with Nick being the hero? or for him to miss and the lakers advance?

That is your answer and it is that simple.
Lakers.........WC Championships?

Last edited by To be named later; 08-30-05 at 12:06 PM.
Old 08-30-05, 12:32 PM
SpursReport Team Member

No where near a Laker fan, nor will I ever be, but welcome to the forum....just had to vent huh?? This is a good place for that.
Old 08-30-05, 01:03 PM
MomBear

Has Miami ever won a championship?
Old 08-30-05, 01:11 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoMamaIsCallin
On the subject of Kobe vs. Shaq, I've always thought that as a business decision of the Lakers, if you HAVE to choose between them (which apparently they did), choosing Kobe makes business sense. He's younger and has many more years left than Shaq does.
It's almost heresy to pick Kobe over Shaq, but I have to agree with you, for the reasons you so clearly state.

Oh, and welcome, LakerFan24Years. For informed conversation with knowledgeable fans, you can't go wrong with SpursReport.

Last edited by shelden; 08-30-05 at 01:13 PM.
Old 08-30-05, 02:36 PM
SpursReport Team Veteran

[quote=JWest]

Are you related or know a "Clark" from Lakerground. The written resemblance is uncanny.[/QUOTE]

Seriously.

LakerFan24Years: what's your incentive for coming here and starting this thread? Do you wanna discuss about the Lakers in an unbias- towards- Kobe environment, or do you want to find a place to bash about Kobe?
Old 08-30-05, 02:38 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelden
Oh, and welcome, LakerFan24Years. For informed conversation with knowledgeable fans, you can't go wrong with SpursReport.
Don't forget the around-the-clock Michael Finley coverage.
Old 08-30-05, 02:43 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzsaw
Don't forget the around-the-clock Michael Finley coverage.
How does it compare with the round-the-clock Jason Kidd coverage from a few years ago?
Old 08-30-05, 03:54 PM
SpursReport Rookie

[quote=jasonmolina]Yeah, man, I never understood why so many Laker fans backed Kobe in the Shaq-Kobe feud. I mean, he's Shaq! He's had good backup singers before Kobe and he's had them after Kobe. There's only one Shaq, though. You're right, Kobe is arguably the best 2 guard in the league, but who cares? You need a dominant big man unless you're Michael Jordan. I know Michael Jordan, and Kobe, you sir are no Michael Jordan!

I like that history reference from LLoyd Bensten to Dan Quayle. Most of the younglings in here wouldn't have caught that.
Old 08-30-05, 04:06 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

I used to love posting on Lakerground, their dribble is so predictable that you could set your watch by it. Brutal honesty from a non-laker fan gets you banned. Lets be honest, just like Lakerground has their own morons, so does Spursreport, but the biggest difference is, 1. Our mods are a thousand times better, and 2. the morons don't run the place.
Old 08-31-05, 01:32 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Quote:
Thanks, but see, I am a Laker fan forever, born and raised in Los Angeles, CA my entire life. I'm not a Kobe fan, however. He's a great player, arguably the best two-guard in the league, but he's not greater than the team itself. Not even close. Just amazing how some "fans" idolize him. Rather sick.
thats like saying I'm a spurs fan but I don't like TD. Laker fan? whatever,
Old 08-31-05, 02:17 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Funniest thread I have read in awhile. You make it sound as if you're forced to visit Lakersground. There are several different boards that you could use if LG isn't good enough for you. Clublakers and LakersTalk are two different forums ran different ways that you could visit. You sound as if you might even fit well on the ESPN board. To allow your self to get so worked up over your fellow Laker fans differing opinions makes one wonder.
Old 08-31-05, 02:29 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freakout
To allow your self to get so worked up over your fellow Laker fans differing opinions makes one wonder.
Nothing strange about him getting worked up over how irritating fellow fans can be.........
Old 08-31-05, 04:51 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Quotes 'o' the day from LG:
Here are some more

Quote:
Don't worry the Lakers probably have two hall of famers in Brown and Bynum.

Quote:
If Finley does NOT go to Miami, I think he will go somewhere else
Old 08-31-05, 04:59 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool cat
Here are some more
^^^^
WHAT!!

But I agree if Finley doesnt go to Miami, he will go somewhere.
Old 09-01-05, 01:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LG fans.
If Finley does NOT go to Miami, I think he will go somewhere else
That's right up there with these previous pearls of wisdom.

Quote:
"The team with the most points wins."
Quote:
"If we don't win, then we probably failed"

Lakersground Is sheer comedy gold.

Shaq reads LG and says "I'm outta here!"
Old 09-01-05, 02:11 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by missmyzte
I am a Laker fan - not a Kobe fan or a Shaq fan - I am a Laker fan. However, between Shaq and Kobe, I am soooo happy that Shaq is gone and Kobe is the leader of the team. Not a part of any "Kobe Kult", I just want to see the Lakers return to glory. As for LG, I'll post there occasionally but it's not my particular cup of tea, as the saying goes. For the Lakers, I much prefer CL. But hypocrisy is going to be anywhere there are people so if you're looking for someplace where that doesn't exist - you won't find it.
Good post.

Every team/forum has it's share of idiots. Yes, even this one, but it's become normal. As far 'kobe kult' it's just a matter of backing up your favorite player. Now that doesn't mean everything he does is right, but since he did do something wrong (adultery) people believe EVERYTHING he does is wrong, and I think most people believe since there are idiots that believe EVERYTHING he does is wrong, then they should believe EVERYTHING he does is right, so it can be even.

I'm a Laker fan first, Kobe fan later. A lot of people blame the whole shaq vs kobe thing on Kobe, which is not true. Shaq said he was disrespected by Mitch and the Lakers because they offered him so less money (he's playing for that much in Miami) so he DEMANDED a trade. Then there's people who say Kobe ran Phil out of town...If Phil really didn't want to continue coaching Kobe why would he come back to coach him?

"Love me, Feed me, Never leave me" --The one and only Garfield
Old 09-01-05, 02:23 AM
There is only 1 Ginobili!

You know how some feel that there is something called S A I C?

I think those really predicatable LG circle-jerks have a case of a Superiority Complex.
Quote:
superiority complex
n.
An exaggerated feeling of being superior to others.

A psychological defense mechanism in which feelings of superiority counter or conceal feelings of inferiority.
It's as if they've all been poisoned by what some have termed, Kobe Kool-aid.
From the moment Shaq left, the Lakers have been made inferior. And until improvements are made all around, then inferior is where they'll continue to be.

As for why Phil came back?

The organization would have you believe that it's because Phil wants the challenge of taking a team that is not blessed with the best players at 2 positions and attempt to meld them into a championship contender.

I believe that it's 2 reasons.
10 Mill per year and Jeanie Buss...Naked. Those aren't 2 bad reasons at all.

Old 09-01-05, 02:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TodTango
The organization would have you believe that it's because Phil wants the challenge of taking a team that is not blessed with the best players at 2 positions and attempt to meld them into a championship contender.

I believe that it's 2 reasons.
10 Mill per year and Jeanie Buss...Naked. Those aren't 2 bad reasons at all.
Bingo! We have a winner. How is Jeanie looking these days?
Old 09-01-05, 02:34 AM
Dr. Doom!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by missmyzte
You are so happy Shaq is gone and Kobe is a leader of that team? Kobe a leader with his attitude and selfishness? I would rather have Shaq as a leader of my team, he will take you further IMO. I see yo uwant a return to Glory, but I don't know as of yet if Kobe has that in him, if he can be that leader as a guard as say MJ was. I agree on alot of what you say as LG and so on, but I just don't see why you are so happy Shaq is gone when they were top contenders every year with him out there and Kobe and now they are possible playoffs, they are a step down as far as contenders go till this day after Shaq. I agree on your points though at the end, very well said Mizzy.
Old 09-01-05, 02:37 AM
Dr. Doom!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by biglakerfan
Good post.

Every team/forum has it's share of idiots. Yes, even this one, but it's become normal. As far 'kobe kult' it's just a matter of backing up your favorite player. Now that doesn't mean everything he does is right, but since he did do something wrong (adultery) people believe EVERYTHING he does is wrong, and I think most people believe since there are idiots that believe EVERYTHING he does is wrong, then they should believe EVERYTHING he does is right, so it can be even.

I'm a Laker fan first, Kobe fan later. A lot of people blame the whole shaq vs kobe thing on Kobe, which is not true. Shaq said he was disrespected by Mitch and the Lakers because they offered him so less money (he's playing for that much in Miami) so he DEMANDED a trade. Then there's people who say Kobe ran Phil out of town...If Phil really didn't want to continue coaching Kobe why would he come back to coach him?
Good psot there, I agree Shaq was being a baby, it's just that they were so much better with him there with Kobe, and that could never COEXIST anymore after the 04 Finals IMO. They didn't run him out, he asked to be traded I agree, but Kobes ego did get ino the way of some of that as well being that they didn't get along, hell both EGO's were too HUGE to go along anymore IMO. If they both just said look it's about winning and put this ego sh*t aside like some Spurs would do then it would have been gravy, but they couldn't so I blame both of them dudes for that. Phils EGO is huge too, no doubt there in that, bashing Kobe in his book and so on and saying he is uncoachable and then coming back to him to coach. All three are to blame IMO.
Old 09-01-05, 03:59 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rzarector7
Good psot there, I agree Shaq was being a baby, it's just that they were so much better with him there with Kobe, and that could never COEXIST anymore after the 04 Finals IMO. They didn't run him out, he asked to be traded I agree, but Kobes ego did get ino the way of some of that as well being that they didn't get along, hell both EGO's were too HUGE to go along anymore IMO. If they both just said look it's about winning and put this ego sh*t aside like some Spurs would do then it would have been gravy, but they couldn't so I blame both of them dudes for that. Phils EGO is huge too, no doubt there in that, bashing Kobe in his book and so on and saying he is uncoachable and then coming back to him to coach. All three are to blame IMO.
Great post. Yup, egos are what put us in the hole we're in now, but I still think we're only a couple moves away from being a contender (unless spurs keep signing players like they are, or else we'll never be there).

"Love me, Feed me, Never leave me" --The one and only Garfield
Old 09-01-05, 07:13 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

why do they call the spurs the sterns?

also, it's funny that alot of their posters really bought that hoopsworld article and thought that as soon as finley signed with miami they get watson, sprewell, wright.
Old 09-02-05, 03:15 AM
Moderator in Flip Flops

Armageddon is here for one of the laker circle jerkers! infamous conspiracy theorist/bet welcher bets against his team to make it to round 2 of the playoffs!!!! HOW FUNNY IS THAT>!>!>

d d dwrote:
YAY, about time something fanlike and positive was posted around here...we are not going to be HALF as bad as all the pessimists seem to think.

Gonna be a real sweet season watching ALOT of people eating crow...

l l wrote:
I will bet you $100 right now the lakers don't see the 2nd round of the playoffs this season.

Cmon Cheerleader, sis boom bah, rah rah rah, put your money in my paw!

d d wrote:
WOOHOO, Thats a bet I win no matter what, cuz I bet they'll at LEAST see the playoffs on TV

But ok, I'm your huckleberry, $100 2nd round, YOU ARE ON.

How'd ya like to go double or nothing that the Spurs dont win the ship this year???

$200 on the line, you up to it Mr. Laker Pessimist?

l l wrote:
Let's keep it to the lakers bet to start.

Once you show you can pay your losing bets, I will be happy to take your money in other bets.

So it is official, you say the lakers advance to at least the second round this year, I say they don't. $100.

For what it's worth, I hope to pay you on that bet. But start collecting cans now, $100 is a lot of tin.

d d wrote:
Fine $100 it is...funny though how you had to make it 2nd round of the playoffs considering every post I've seen from you makes it sound like we have no shot at the playoffs and mitch should be fired like yesterday.

REAL INTERESTING TURN OF EVENTS...guess you had to hedge your doubt with a 2nd round bet.

l l wrote:
I have said all along if kobe plays out of his mind and stays healthy for a full 82, I think the lakers can squeek into the playoffs as a 7 or 8 seed.

Just in time to get hammered by a better, more complete roster.

I don't see any chance of making the second round with the roster as currently constructed and I don't see jackson being as big of a difference maker as many of the more optimistic posters here. I think he was an odd hire and will likely blow out on us before the end of his contract.

In my opinion, finishing 7th or 8th in the conference and losing in the first round is nothing to get overly excited about. If you think it is, put your skirt back on, bust out the pom pom's and dance in front of the Fox Sports Window all season long. Maybe collect contributions there to pay your $100 bet.

d d wrote:
Darn, it must be hard for you as a laker fan to think so low of our team.

Then again, last time I checked its freakin not even Sept. yet, The season doesnt even START TILL NOVEMBER.

thats 2 FULL months before a real game is played...is our roster set? I dunno, but I know for a fact YOU DON'T KNOW THAT EITHER.

Have you seen any preseason games yet? You have any idea what shape our team is other than PURE speculation?

I know one thing for sure, we have the best player in the game, and the best coach. (if you wanna argue about this , they are both top 3 at least)

Couple that with a much more athletic/taller team than last year and yeah, I'd have to say we are going to be MUCH, MUCH better.

Then put us in a playoff series and guess what, we have kOBE bRYANT...He's dismantled teams like the Spurs before in a series and can do it again...in fact, I'll take kb in series situations over any other player in the league.

damn though, your $100 won't even be enough to get me playoff tickets for the second round

I'd bet that dude the Benjamin for the Spurs to repeat.... Would take away another myth that those fans like to believe is truth to them..... They are still trying to figure out what a rowel is...
Pass is PINPOINT PERFECT
and somebody ends up WIDE OPEN
No Flash No Gimmicks NO CHANCE OF STOPPING IT
IT'S THE QUIET GUYS YOU SHOULD FEAR
because words are small and GAME IS BIG

GO GO!

I AM NINJA!
"We will either find a way, or make one."
~Hannibal~

Last edited by Joe Tango from San Diego; 09-02-05 at 03:31 AM.
Old 09-02-05, 03:27 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Mychal Thompson said the trophy should be shipped to SA tomorrow. It's the Spurs title to lose.

Old 09-02-05, 09:57 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rzarector7
You are so happy Shaq is gone and Kobe is a leader of that team? Kobe a leader with his attitude and selfishness? I would rather have Shaq as a leader of my team, he will take you further IMO. I see yo uwant a return to Glory, but I don't know as of yet if Kobe has that in him, if he can be that leader as a guard as say MJ was. I agree on alot of what you say as LG and so on, but I just don't see why you are so happy Shaq is gone when they were top contenders every year with him out there and Kobe and now they are possible playoffs, they are a step down as far as contenders go till this day after Shaq. I agree on your points though at the end, very well said Mizzy.
It's so easy to blame last year on Kobe but there were so many factors. First, Shaq wasn't the only one that was gone - Phil Jackson, Karl Malone and Gary Payton were also gone. Rudy T never did get a handle on how to coach a team and thus disappeared mid-way through the season and handed over the reigns to a guy who didn't even want the job. We had no point guard (please don't get me started on Chucky) and Chris Mihm as our center. Our back-up PG was a guy with a nickname of Tierr-able. Imagine Duncan trying to win the championship without Coach Pop, TP or Nazr ... not going to happen.

I am happy Shaq is gone. Gone are the days where he spent the pre-season dunking on rookies and yelling into the stands [i]'You gonna pay me now??[i]. Gone are the days when he'd take all the credit for wins and blame his teammates for losses. Gone are the days when he'd rather hang out in Krispy Kremes instead of a gym. I was never a Shaq fan. I appreciate what he did for the three-peat, but don't think he did that alone. He's over the hill now, heck he's already having to miss playoff games!