News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com

Go Back   SpursReport.com > SpursReport Fan Forums > Spurs and NBA Fan Feedback

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-19-05, 12:42 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Sprewell makes it to Houston

http://hoopsworld.com/ on the homepage. sprewell will be a rocket as of next week. so they kept the key players from last year and added two good players in sprewell and swift. they're gonna be in the top 3 in the west next year.
Old 08-19-05, 12:45 PM
SpursReport Mod Geezer

If true there goes DA ending up in Houston.

And There goes the Pistons back up plans if Finley doesn't sign with them.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 08-19-05, 12:47 PM
SpursReport Team Member

I think its safe to say Van Excel will be a spur.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 08-19-05, 12:49 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amente

Maybe DA to Detroit then.
Old 08-19-05, 12:51 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amente

and there goes a spurs repeat
Old 08-19-05, 12:54 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnificent
You forgot something
Old 08-19-05, 12:57 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
WHat makes you say that?

And how can you be a Kings fan, but have a picture of Kobe in your signature? Makes no sense, like your statement above.
Old 08-19-05, 12:58 PM
SpursReport Assistant Coach

Quote:
The Spurs may not repeat, but it won't be becaue of Sprewell landing in Houston. Anyway, I'm just worried about Spree's family, I hope they can manage till he signs a new contract.
Old 08-19-05, 01:00 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

Quote:

Old 08-19-05, 01:00 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

DA to Minnesota?
Old 08-19-05, 01:01 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

and hoopsworld is the least credible source anywhere on basketball
Old 08-19-05, 01:02 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:

.....based on???? Please give me something so I can laugh again.
Old 08-19-05, 01:04 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

No one should ever pay attention to anything on hoopsworld. They are famous for being wrong.
Old 08-19-05, 01:05 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpurInDallas
WHat makes you say that?

And how can you be a Kings fan, but have a picture of Kobe in your signature? Makes no sense, like your statement above.

for those of you who don't know. yes, the kings are my favorite team, but imma kobe jocker. i think he's the best player in the league and i admire his b-ball game.

but back on topic. look at what sprewell did for minnesota last year when they beat sacramento in the playoffs. If he can bring that same type of dedication and will to the rockets, houston will be comming out of the west.
SpursReport Team Bench

Actually hoopsworld has been pretty on this summer.

And don't forget- Latrell is another former Van Gundy guy.
SpursReport Team Starter

Even if hoopsworld does have it right, Spreewell to Houston is hardly a move that's going to tip the balance of power in the west away from San Antonio.
Old 08-19-05, 01:06 PM
SpursReport Team Member

It pretty much means Spree will be anywhere but Houston
Old 08-19-05, 01:07 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:
but back on topic. look at what sprewell did for minnesota last year when they beat sacramento in the playoffs. If he can bring that same type of dedication and will to the rockets, houston will be comming out of the west.
LAST year what Spreewell did for minnesota was put them back in the lottery. He'll help houston, but the rockets are still nowhere near being the best in the west.
Old 08-19-05, 01:08 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

hoopsworld = garbage. he could end up there but they are not a reliable source whatsoever

Quote:
If he can bring that same type of dedication and will to the rockets, houston will be comming out of the west
Spree at this point in no way would tip the whole west in favor of the Rockets over the Spurs

Thats
Old 08-19-05, 01:12 PM
SpursReport Rookie

bull****

spree said he would wait until the finley situation is sorted yet he will sign with houston? hoopsworld is terrible

why would spree take less money in houston than go to detroit and be more of a contender? makes no sense
Old 08-19-05, 01:13 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Put a fork in Spre.
Old 08-19-05, 01:15 PM
SpursReport Team Member

more hoopsworld baloney
Old 08-19-05, 01:19 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Hoopsworld has got to be right sooner or later. I hope that it is true, and if some people think that Spre would make a difference.
Old 08-19-05, 01:22 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
for those of you who don't know. yes, the kings are my favorite team, but imma kobe jocker. i think he's the best player in the league and i admire his b-ball game.

Just a minor correction, it was 2 years ago that Sprewell did something good on the court. His attitude is a problem. I agree, if he can clear his head and play committed, then he can add something to a team.
Old 08-19-05, 01:29 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurs Crusader
Hoopsworld has got to be right sooner or later. I hope that it is true, and if some people think that Spre would make a difference.
off the bench he would do..
Old 08-19-05, 01:30 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:

how about a houston team lead by TMac learn how to get out of the first round of the playoffs before getting picked to win it all out west
Old 08-19-05, 01:30 PM
SR 2009 and 2011 Pick The Winner Champion

DA can't go to the East...he breaks too easily
Old 08-19-05, 01:37 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGame05
off the bench he would do..
....but is it enough to beat the Spurs???? No. That's what we're talking about. I could actually see Houston starting him at the 3spot.
Old 08-19-05, 01:44 PM
SpursReport Team Member

With Spree it looks like McGrady and Ming will get less touches.

Besides, what's with the Knicks moving to Houston. They couldn't win one together in New York and now are trying to win one together in Houston. Sorry Houston fans, you will be in for more disappointments this year.

Anyone see Oakley around? Now all they need is for Larry Johnson to come out of retirement to join them and get Alan Houston traded.
Old 08-19-05, 02:27 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

Well it was the first year together for Yao and TMac. I'm excited to see their improvements together over the next year.
Old 08-19-05, 02:29 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason R
Well it was the first year together for Yao and TMac. I'm excited to see their improvements together over the next year.
I'm not, Yao is over rated, and TMac is a ball hog
Old 08-19-05, 02:32 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

The Rockets are overrated. Swift is a bust, Spree is old and stupid, they're gonna finish behind the Spurs and Mavs again. 5th at best.
Old 08-19-05, 02:46 PM
SpursReport Rookie

I find it fitting that the guy with the hungriest family in the NBA is moving to the fattest city in the USA.
Old 08-19-05, 02:48 PM
SpursReport Team Member

If this is for real the Rockets come playoff time will have to leave a couple of decent players off of their playoff roster. It will probably be whoever is hurt at the end of the season. They have decent players from top to bottom with Luther Head being the only rookie. With all that said their top ten wont beat the Spurs top ten in the playoffs.
Old 08-19-05, 02:50 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Deity
The Rockets are overrated. Swift is a bust, Spree is old and stupid, they're gonna finish behind the Spurs and Mavs again. 5th at best.

the rockets are overrated?? they went up 2-0 against dallas. now they DID choke in the closing moments of games 3 and 4, but that's a learning experience and 1 bad call by a ref. houston has the defense, they have the offense and they have the coach. they have proven they can win by that terrific comeback against the spurs and owning the suns during the regular season.
Old 08-19-05, 02:51 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
They are over-rated, but I think you're under-rating them saying they'll be fifth at best. I'd say 5th at worst. And how is Swift a bust? He's no superstar, but a bust ? Hyperbole, bro!
Old 08-19-05, 02:52 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hantler
not to mention he's got a googly eye.

ooohhh.. Thats cold.
Old 08-19-05, 02:57 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Hoopsworld is the same exact source that guaranteed Malone was gonna sign with the Spurs.

enough said about how reliable it is

Plus, people overrate the rockets EVERY year, I personally feel Yao is extremely overrated, sure he's got a nice 15 foot touch, but he can't rebound at all. Plus, lets not forget, when the Rockets got Tmac everyone was asking "will they make it to the Finals", the only question the Rockets were asking themselves after this year was "how did we lose a 2-0 lead to 'ALLAS in the first round!"

Plus, guys, this is coming from a KINGS FAN who says that the Spurs won't repeat, since when does he have room to talk about championships?
Old 08-19-05, 03:08 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by DunkinDan89
Plus, guys, this is coming from a KINGS FAN who says that the Spurs won't repeat, since when does he have room to talk about championships?
A Queen's "fan" who has a picture of Kobe in his Signature, go figure.
Old 08-19-05, 03:09 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
the rockets are overrated?? they went up 2-0 against dallas. now they DID choke in the closing moments of games 3 and 4, but that's a learning experience and 1 bad call by a ref. houston has the defense, they have the offense and they have the coach. they have proven they can win by that terrific comeback against the spurs and owning the suns during the regular season.
Lol it wasn't Rockets 13 in 35 it was T-Mac's 13 in 35. A rare occurance that most likely won't happen again. That doesn't prove anything. Like you said they went up 2-0 then choked and would go on to lose in the playoffs.

They Rockets are mostly old men who play arond the perimeter. Swift isn't that good. As the second overall pick in the 2000 draft he's done nothing to warrant that selection putting up less than stellar numbers. Only thing I can give him is that he's played terrible minutes. If Van Gundy gives him at least 30-35mpg and puts up good numbers he might not be a bust after all.

Also unless they can fix their PG position they might go out in Round 1, maybe Round 2 again. They're not that good.
Old 08-19-05, 03:18 PM
MomBear

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjjrfan
The Spurs may not repeat, but it won't be becaue of Sprewell landing in Houston. Anyway, I'm just worried about Spree's family, I hope they can manage till he signs a new contract.

Quote:
and posting on a Spurs board...

Old 08-19-05, 03:26 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:

well even tho the kings are my favorite team and they haven't won a championship since the 50's i could go on and on about how the spurs have never beaten sacramento and that while we were going 7 games with the lakers san antonio was out in the riverwalk fishing. i could also go on and on about how my favorite player (kobe) concluded his run with shaq with a victory over the spurs. i can concede and cheer to the fact that kobe has won back to back to back titles because he IS my favorite player.

Quote:
Lol it wasn't Rockets 13 in 35 it was T-Mac's 13 in 35. A rare occurance that most likely won't happen again. That doesn't prove anything. Like you said they went up 2-0 then choked and would go on to lose in the playoffs.

They Rockets are mostly old men who play arond the perimeter. Swift isn't that good. As the second overall pick in the 2000 draft he's done nothing to warrant that selection putting up less than stellar numbers. Only thing I can give him is that he's played terrible minutes. If Van Gundy gives him at least 30-35mpg and puts up good numbers he might not be a bust after all.

Also unless they can fix their PG position they might go out in Round 1, maybe Round 2 again. They're not that good.

old men? their 2 best players are fairly young. adding swift gives them a little more athleticism. and what's wrong with their point guard position? both james and sura can knock down the shot last i checked. i would bet anything they make it out of the 1st round. (hopefully they won't play sacramento)

Last edited by magnificent; 08-19-05 at 06:58 PM.
Old 08-19-05, 03:27 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
well even tho the kings are my favorite team and they haven't won a championship since the 50's i could go on and on about how the spurs have never beaten sacramento and that while we were going 7 games with the lakers san antonio was out in the riverwalk fishing. i could also go on and on about how my favorite player (kobe) concluded his run with shaq with a victory over the spurs. i can concede and cheer to the fact that kobe has won back to back to back titles because he IS my favorite player.
yaaaaaawwnn.

You just kind of contradict yourself being a fan of one team but your favorite player is from a RIVAL team. You could go 10 games against someone, but if you dont win, it means nothing!

Thats like me saying during the 90's that while I bleed silver and black, my favorite was Karl Malone.
Old 08-19-05, 03:34 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
never beaten sacramento? you may also want to mention that the spurs have never lost to sacramento! and the year after sac choked in 7, the spurs dethroned those same kobe led lakers, during which time sacramento was out, well, out, well-hell-if they were smart they were on the riverwalk too.
Old 08-19-05, 03:37 PM
SpursReport Rookie

It's a rotating ad banner trying to draw subscribers. I wouldn't put much stock into it.
Old 08-19-05, 03:38 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

1) All hoopsworld does is report rumors...just like FOX Sports.

2) Is Houston really the "contender" Spree said he wanted to play for?

3) Wherever Spree lands, lets just hope he can feed his children.
Old 08-19-05, 03:42 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcone
2) Is Houston really the "contender" Spree said he wanted to play for?
He would just be settleing wherever he ends up at this point. At least in Texas, there is the Lone Star Card program to help feed his family.
Old 08-19-05, 06:53 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Wow! Who knew that Spreewell to H-Town= Championship.

What the hell you smoking up there in Cali, and how can I get some??

Leave it to a Queen's fan to speak such nonsense.
Old 08-19-05, 06:59 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by atx_1973
Wow! Who knew that Spreewell to H-Town= Championship.

What the hell you smoking up there in Cali, and how can I get some??

Leave it to a Queen's fan to speak such nonsense.

i didn't say sprewell to h-town=championship. you did

i did say 2004 postseason sprewell to h-town = a victory over spurs in a series.
Old 08-19-05, 07:05 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
i didn't say sprewell to h-town=championship. you did

i did say 2004 postseason sprewell to h-town = a victory over spurs in a series.
A hypothetical discussion about the 2004 postseason? And people say I'm behind the times...