News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com
Old 08-18-05, 03:15 PM
SpursReport Mod Geezer

Suns Sign two players

The Phoenix Suns today signed veteran center Pat Burke, a former member of the NBA’s Orlando Magic .

The 6-11, 250-pound center has played seven of his eight professional seasons in Europe. Last season he played for Real Madrid, where his team won the 2004-05 ACB Spanish League Championship, and averaged 7.0 points and 4.2 rebounds on .511 shooting from the field in a combined 41 regular season and 19 playoff games.

Burke, 31, also won three consecutive Greek League Championships with Panathinaikos from 1998-2000 and has averaged 8.2 points and 5.2 rebounds in 211 Euroleague career games.

A native of Dublin, Ireland and former member of the Irish National Team, he became the first Irish-born player to play in the NBA when he joined the Magic in 2002-03 and averaged 4.3 points and 2.4 rebounds in 62 games (eight starts).

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_ar...man_pat_burke/

================================================== =======

Press Release - The Phoenix Suns added defensive intensity, rebounding and veteran leadership to its frontcourt today with the signing of free agent forward/center Brian Grant.

An 11-year NBA veteran, Grant has played for four teams (Sacramento, Portland, Miami and L.A. Lakers) during his career averaging 10.7 points and 7.6 rebounds in 28.8 minutes over 735 career games. He has appeared in 53 career playoff games and averaged 7.1 points and 8.6 rebounds on .466 shooting from the field.

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_ar...ds_in_phoenix/
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 08-18-05, 03:20 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

What is with the Spurs FO?
Looks like they have missed out on Finley, haven't been able to trade rasho now someone grabs Pat Burke.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 08-18-05, 03:21 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Do you post every time there's a transaction in the league?
Old 08-18-05, 03:24 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Are the Suns maxed out on the players they can sign now or can they still have signings?
Old 08-18-05, 03:26 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Thanks for posting, Amente.

As a fan of NBA minutiae, I appreciate it.

Furthermore, then Suns have slowed way down....Thomas and Grant for Johnson and Q...that's like a new brake job

"Into Sean Elliott. He fires the three. AND HITS IT!"
Old 08-18-05, 03:31 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

Woah...what a difference maker here

The Suns dont really have much money left to spend on anything else....unless its though trade
Old 08-18-05, 03:35 PM
SpursReport Mod Geezer

Quote:
Originally Posted by spurs4lyf
Are the Suns maxed out on the players they can sign now or can they still have signings?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DizzG
The Suns dont really have much money left to spend on anything else....unless its though trade

That's why I post these signings because what these teams do may effect what the Spurs may be able to do or not do.
If the Suns have no exceptions left and have a full roster then they're out of the running for other free agents the Spurs may be after.

But if you want me to stop....I'll be happy to.
Old 08-18-05, 03:38 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

^^^ DON'T STOP!!! Without some kind of real news, no matter how insignificant or un-Spurs related, I can only imagine what kind of crap for topics are going to start showing up here!
Old 08-18-05, 03:42 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

Quote:
I was responding to the quality of their pickup...not on the update

I like the updates myself
Old 08-18-05, 03:42 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesR

Thats the general idea. Don't you think its a good idea to know what the rest of the NBA is doing?
For the most part, but I don't think the Suns signing Pat Burke really has much affect on the Spurs.
Old 08-18-05, 03:43 PM
SpursReport Mod Geezer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizzG
I was responding to the quality of their pickup...not on the update

I like the updates myself
The reply was more for MrGamez, I used your post and another as an example of why I post the information about other teams signings (no matter if they are scrubs sometimes.)
Old 08-18-05, 03:48 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGamez
For the most part, but I don't think the Suns signing Pat Burke really has much affect on the Spurs.
I don't know... A little more international mojo couldn't hurt, could it?
Old 08-18-05, 03:50 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Pat Burke for MVP? I think so.
Old 08-18-05, 03:51 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Amente not posting news is a bad thing for the forum. Because usually he includes interesting CBA/Salary cap stuff, and when it comes to that it seems he's the only dude here that knows what he's talking about
Old 08-18-05, 03:51 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Pat Burke!!! Oh man we are SCREWED!!!
Old 08-18-05, 03:56 PM
SpursReport Assistant Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amente
That's why I post these signings because what these teams do may effect what the Spurs may be able to do or not do.
If the Suns have no exceptions left and have a full roster then they're out of the running for other free agents the Spurs may be after.

Keep posting. Let the whiners find a new forum if they have a problem with it.
Old 08-18-05, 04:14 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
What else is there to post about in the off-season?
Old 08-18-05, 04:14 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Does anyone know why the Suns traded Cabarkapa for 2 second rounders? I just watched some footage of the Warriors and I'm pretty impressed with his offensive game. I guess that they didn't think he fitted in their system, because he probably needs to play with strong paint presence to be effective. He is more of a SF/PF than a PF/C as he is listed. I think he will turn out to be about as good as Radmanovic when he gets 20 or more minutes.
Old 08-18-05, 04:36 PM
SpursReport Rookie

I just think that some ppl like to pad their stats. It was a joke guys, don't cry about it.
Old 08-18-05, 04:40 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:
Just so you know, if it wasn't for Amente and his information, there wouldn't really be that much on this website other than fans puffing out their chests after victories and all of us laughing at the Lakers. And Eva Longoria updates. Not that those aren't good things, of course.
Old 08-18-05, 05:40 PM
SpursReport Mod Geezer

Quote:
I just think that some ppl like to pad their stats. It was a joke guys, don't cry about it.

For my part, I just attempting to answer your question as to why I post most league transactions.
Old 08-18-05, 05:55 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spurs4lyf
Including these two signings, Boris Diaw and excluding JJohnson the Suns currently have 11 players on their roster. It appears their team salary total is right at the salary cap. The Suns must not have the MLE exception due to their lower starting salary cap total from last year and therefore only have minimum contracts left to give.
Old 08-19-05, 02:00 AM
SpursReport Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesR
Note:

When you joke, add , , , to your post or else it seems like you are being serious.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JFly

Does anyone else think this looks like Al Pacino playing one-on-one against Ted Kennedy?
lo siento
Old 08-19-05, 08:09 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Amente is the man.
Old 08-19-05, 08:16 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcone
Pat Burke!!! Oh man we are SCREWED!!!
Is that something called sarcasm?
Old 08-19-05, 09:12 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duncan21
Is that something called sarcasm?
You learn well my young grasshopper.
Old 08-19-05, 03:20 PM
Abominable snowballer

pat burke! great player! totally underrated! very sympathic! clever!
sabonis meets diviac.
(in fact i don't know anything about him. but just found out that he was born the same day as i was)
Old 08-19-05, 04:07 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by coyotes_geek
^^^ DON'T STOP!!! Without some kind of real news, no matter how insignificant or un-Spurs related, I can only imagine what kind of crap for topics are going to start showing up here!
I second that, Coyote geek. Maybe this board should take off the month of September. And it's big news when the Suns pick up a Duncan statistical clone- same age, same height, same weight, also an islander. I'm guessing he's not a talent clone.