News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com
Old 08-17-05, 02:52 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Mourning Returns to the Heat

Heat Pick Up Option On Mourning
17th August, 2005 - 3:39 pm
Heat Press Release - The Miami Heat announced today that Alonzo Mourning will return to play for the 2005-06 season. The Heat picked up the team option on Alonzo Mourning’s contract for the 2005-06 season on June 17.

“We are extremely excited about the fact that Zo wants to continue his career in Miami and we feel his decision to come back is going to be critical toward our success and goal of winning an NBA championship,” said HEAT President Pat Riley. “We have the utmost respect for Alonzo and he deserves to be part of this championship run.”

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_ar...n_on_mourning/
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 08-17-05, 02:53 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

dammit wish kings would've went after him
Old 08-17-05, 02:57 PM
SpursReport Team Member

With the re-signing of Mourning and the rumored signing of Finley the Heats roster will be full at 15 players.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 08-17-05, 02:59 PM
SpursReport Rookie

NOW IT'S REALLY OVER !!! TIME TO PLAN THE MIAMI PARADE !
Old 08-17-05, 03:01 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Over/under: 50 times Zo flexes and poses after making a play
Old 08-17-05, 03:07 PM
SpursReport Rookie

If they get finley..the heat will be freaking LOADED with talent.
Old 08-17-05, 03:13 PM
SpursReport Rookie

c'mon, the Heat will be very good this year and it's not only due to the talent they have brought in but an improved wade and Shaq....past their prime or not they are all very good to good players to have on your team.
Old 08-17-05, 03:15 PM
SpursReport Team Veteran

If Zo was complaing about playing time last year, it won't get any better this year.
Old 08-17-05, 03:42 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

Im not convinced their pickups of Walker and J-will helps them that much...it could end up very well hurting them

Miami is no lock out East. Det and Indiana will have something major to say about it
Old 08-17-05, 03:51 PM
SpursReport Rookie

I can't believe some of yall actually think Miami is going to be horrible. Sure it looks alot like the Lakers of 2003-2004, but they put a beating on us no?

I'm not saying they are a lock for the championship, and I still like the spurs' chances, but I wouldn't dismiss their level of talent they have acquired so far.
Old 08-17-05, 03:55 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

I dont think anyone said they would be horrible

but some people are acting like they are total locks for the finals and that the pickups of Walker or J-will couldnt present some possible big problems down the road....esp Walker. Van Gundy is going to have a lot of work to do to find ways to keep everyone happy, get everyone enough mins, and play as a team

Det and Indiana are also loaded out East and some people are acting like they wont also have a serious chance to come out of the East as well

If Im Miami...I would have never wasted my time picking up someone like Walker who needs the ball and could end up being a cancer

Right now I wouldnt be suprised to see SA and Det matchup again in the finals
Old 08-17-05, 03:58 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGame05
c'mon, the Heat will be very good this year and it's not only due to the talent they have brought in but an improved wade and Shaq....past their prime or not they are all very good to good players to have on your team.
now now, let everyone make themselves feel better by acting like Miami hasn't drastically improved its already powerhouse roster. They wil be very tough to beat. They are even better now than last year and they should have made it to the finals IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizzG
I dont think anyone said they would be horrible

but some people are acting like they are total locks for the finals and that the pickups of Walker or J-will couldnt present some possible big problems down the road....esp Walker. Van Gundy is going to have a lot of work to do to find ways to keep everyone happy, get everyone enough mins, and play as a team

Det and Indiana are also loaded out west and some people are acting like they wont also have a serious chance to come out of the East as well
I think that Detroit is the only team in the east that has half a chance to beat a healthy Heat team. If they are healthy and also add Finley I'll bet my last dollar they will make it to the finals and hopefully Tim doesn't have any ancle problems when they meet us.
Old 08-17-05, 04:00 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alltimeqb
I can't believe some of yall actually think Miami is going to be horrible. Sure it looks alot like the Lakers of 2003-2004, but they put a beating on us no?

I'm not saying they are a lock for the championship, and I still like the spurs' chances, but I wouldn't dismiss their level of talent they have acquired so far.
There is a difference between dismissing and overrating. Most of the posters agreed they got good players but their not GREAT players and they are being very much overrated by the media and other fans. People never look outside the damn box. It is more then just talent it is also about the friggin intangables like matchups,heart,chemistry,poise,mental toughness yada yada yada. It is a nice team but matchup wise against someone like the Pacers, I still go with Indy and Detriot as well.
Old 08-17-05, 04:01 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

Quote:
I'll bet my last dollar they will make it to the finals
are you going to Vegas to do it?

All Im saying is casting off Det or Indiana (who is also loaded) is foolish at this point.

A finals rematch would be no suprise. Det is returning basically their whole team that won the title in 2004 and was one game away from the title in 2005
Old 08-17-05, 04:10 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizzG
are you going to Vegas to do it?

All Im saying is casting off Det or Indiana (who is also loaded) is foolish at this point.

A finals rematch would be no suprise. Det is returning basically their whole team that won the title in 2004 and was one game away from the title in 2005
Now if Indiana plays Detroit in the ECF then I wouldnt' count them out but they have noone to stop Shaq and that would cause all kinds of problems. Nah I'm not going to Vegas and I really wouldn't bet on any other team other than the Spurs
Old 08-17-05, 04:19 PM
SpursReport Team Member

they are loaded all right... if they sign finley they will be fully loaded.. but what remains to be seen is how those talented players gonna play with each other... team chemistry is the big question
Old 08-17-05, 04:44 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Talent doesn't always equate to Championships. Just go ask Malone and Payton. I agree with the cancer theory. JWill and Walker just haven't proven themselves to be winners, but they have proven to be cancers at one time or another. The Spurs will be there in the end, barring injuries, and that's all that matters to me.
Old 08-17-05, 04:50 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Im looking forward to the ECF. One of the big 3 from the east wont be there. When it comes down to it, only one team can represent the East..and at least now there are a few great teams out east to wear ya down a lil before matching up with us..

Once again, thatll probably be the only series I watch from the Least