News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com

Go Back   SpursReport.com > SpursReport Fan Forums > Spurs and NBA Fan Feedback

Closed Thread

LinkBack (1) Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-12-05, 01:23 AM
SpursReport Rookie

Vote for GINOBILI...dethrone Kobe!

The NBA Inside Stuff Rewind Challenge Photo of the Year Award is open for voting--Kobe has won 3 times. Manu is up, so vote now! Horry is also up and deserves a vote as well! Voting for the West begins August 12...more details on this link:

http://www.nba.com/inside_stuff/rewind2005_index.html

Don't know if this has already been posted, if so, feel free to close post.

Last edited by VALLEY GIRL; 08-12-05 at 01:40 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 08-12-05, 01:37 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Don't forget Horry with a great photo. Actually if they both win first round, they meet in the second. That's Stern's conspiracy. And they have to fight Kobe and Amare.
Old 08-12-05, 01:42 AM
SpursReport Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trdi
Don't forget Horry with a great photo. Actually if they both win first round, they meet in the second. That's Stern's conspiracy. And they have to fight Kobe and Amare.
Thanks--I just realized the omission...how could I have missed Horry?!?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 08-12-05, 02:07 AM
SpursReport Rookie

how could have you missed horry!! haha its cool as long as you vote!!!!
Old 08-12-05, 02:10 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

Horry's picture is awesome. But then so is Kobe's. Manu won't win this one.
Old 08-12-05, 03:33 AM
SpursReport Rookie

I will only vote for Manu's dunk because I hate that egotistical, full of himself, thinks he's MJ, F***ing loser.

Yes I hate Kobe that much and Yes he is a great player. I just hate HIM... not him as a player.
Old 08-12-05, 03:59 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Wades is pretty awesome.I bet he wins the whole thing.I'm voting for Manu and Rob as soon as the voting starts.
Old 08-12-05, 04:10 AM
Abominable snowballer

i don't like the photo of manu that much, i've seen much better pictures.
but the photo of horry is simply great. (not only in the eyes of a spurs fan i guess)
and it symbolizes everything about last season.
Old 08-12-05, 04:33 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Horry and Manu's pictures are way better than the pictures of amare and kobe.

"There are many dying children out there whose last wish is to meet me" -David Hasselhoff
Old 08-12-05, 06:47 AM
SpursReport Rookie

lol@richard jefferons pic. its like they were setting him up to lose
Old 08-12-05, 08:32 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurfan15
Horry and Manu's pictures are way better than the pictures of amare and kobe.
Are you serious? I do like Horry's picture better than Amare's, but Manu's picture isn't even in the same ballpark as Kobe's. He's pretty much dunking while sitting on Dwight Howards shoulders.

Edit: After looking at all the pictures, the best ones are Dwayne Wade, Josh Smith, TMac and Kobe.

Last edited by A Rod; 08-12-05 at 08:38 AM.
Old 08-12-05, 09:20 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

They should've put the picture of Manu dunking on three Lakers. Of course they probably won't do that .
Old 08-12-05, 10:17 AM
SpursReport Team Member

GO Spurs., but unfortunately Kobe's picture is better than Manu's
Old 08-12-05, 11:34 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Rod
Are you serious? I do like Horry's picture better than Amare's, but Manu's picture isn't even in the same ballpark as Kobe's. He's pretty much dunking while sitting on Dwight Howards shoulders.

Kobe's shows some great athleticism, but Manu's got the whole star package going, rock star hair, air guitar, humble bow at the hoop altar.... Gotta give it to the man from Bahia Blanca.
Old 08-12-05, 11:46 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

I voted for Manu and Robert.....

Henny Youngman
Old 08-12-05, 11:47 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by saSpurstx
I voted for Manu and Robert.....
your avator broke my concentration........what is this thread about again?
Old 08-12-05, 12:12 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

That Kobe dunk but that picture isn't as good as this one.

Far better than the one NBA.com used.
Old 08-12-05, 12:22 PM
SpursReport Team Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesR
Horry's should beat Amare, but Kobe is jumping over a guy. Manu is uncontested.

Hell, I voted for Kobe. It was a better picture. T-Mac's gonna win anyway.

*waits flames*
That dunk by Kobe was nasty alright.

What's up with the picture of RJ man?
Old 08-12-05, 12:33 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Kobe's photo is very good and currently leads with 71%. But I like Horry's most
Amare vs. Horry. Both dunking. And Horry leads with 63%. That tells you the photo is really cool. It's an NBA finals clutch dunk. At what occasion were the rest of the photos taken?
Old 08-12-05, 01:26 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Keep Voting!!!

Voting is now open 4 Photo of the yr.
www.nba.com

Keep the votes comin ppl!!! C'mon!! Manu has like 27% while kobe has around 82% . Horry's got a pretty good lead over amare, but keep voting!
Old 08-12-05, 01:42 PM
SpursReport Rookie

I don't like any of the two pictures in the kobe vs Manu round. I remember seeing much better pictures of Manu during the playoffs. It is a shame they didn't choose better.
I like Horry's picture though.

"George," he said, "is just jealous because he lost his own hair a long time ago."
Old 08-12-05, 01:47 PM
SpursReport Rookie

I voted for both Horry and Manu, but I could only vote once???

I'll do it again from home too!!!
Old 08-12-05, 01:54 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

ginobili looks like a good photo, but kobe and tracy's are just sick. i voted for kobe over manu, mcgrady over nash and robert over the othe guy.
Old 08-12-05, 02:00 PM
SpursReport Assistant Coach

Manu doesnt have a freakin chance. Atleast he is getting the homer vote.
Old 08-12-05, 03:04 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Deity

Is Andrew Bogut next?
Old 08-12-05, 03:32 PM
SpursReport Team Member

I laughed when I saw the pic of the T-mac over Bradley dunk.That was so freaking hilarious when it happened.

Go Robert!

Poor Manu,there were soo many better pics they could have used.That Kobe dunk is pretty sick though.
Old 08-12-05, 03:46 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:

who's that number 12? please tell me it's that rookie dwight howard. i hate that f*g
Old 08-12-05, 04:03 PM
SpursReport Rookie

every1 vote manu now!!
Old 08-12-05, 04:26 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SA MVP
I voted for both Horry and Manu, but I could only vote once???

I'll do it again from home too!!!

If anyone were to want to vote more than once...

delete the NBA cookie out of your "cookie"folder
open a NEW browser window
enter the URL
vote
(repeat)
Old 08-12-05, 06:11 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by phyzik
I will only vote for Manu's dunk because I hate that egotistical, full of himself, thinks he's MJ, F***ing loser.

Yes I hate Kobe that much and Yes he is a great player. I just hate HIM... not him as a player.
You took the words right out of my mouth.
Old 08-12-05, 06:35 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by highplainsspur
If anyone were to want to vote more than once...

delete the NBA cookie out of your "cookie"folder
open a NEW browser window
enter the URL
vote
(repeat)
I think it is much easier to make a voting machine. Each second it adds one vote. It takes about 1 minute to program one, you have plently available scripts. But I don't think it's THAT important, right?
Old 08-12-05, 06:59 PM
SpursReport Rookie

somone make a program to give manu a milion votes
Old 08-12-05, 07:05 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trdi
I think it is much easier to make a voting machine. Each second it adds one vote. It takes about 1 minute to program one, you have plently available scripts. But I don't think it's THAT important, right?
I suspect that NBA.com is relatively bot-resistant.

(Feel free to take that as a challenge!)
Old 08-12-05, 07:16 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by highplainsspur
I suspect that NBA.com is relatively bot-resistant.

(Feel free to take that as a challenge!)
Challenge accepted.
I've actually made one. It gives Manu 10 votes in 58 seconds. I can't make it faster.
If I wanted to use it for real voting I would have to make intervals between votes to be random. I can do that in another minute. But I'm not really in cheating mood. We have to be honest and admit that Kobe's photo is better. Right?

Oh ,yeah, one more thing. For last 3000 votes the result has always been 70-30, which I find hard to believe. It would take 60 votes more for either photo in some interval to actually change the percentage. I am sure that this has happened. Looks like being rigged to me adn the changes in percentages being preprogrammed. Yeah, yeah, I know. Conspiracy theory. But I wrote some solid argument for that.
Old 08-12-05, 07:19 PM
SpursReport Assistant Coach

I wish they had the photo of all the Detroit fans hearts dropping after Horry hit that 3.

Now that's a winner.

As for Kobe vrs Manu. Kobe on that one. Now, if this was the dunk he put on the Suns in that great overtime game, it would be a different story.

"When nothing seems to help, I go look at a stonecutter hammering away at this rock perhaps 100 times without as much as a crack showing in it. Yet at the 101st blow, it will split in two and I know it was not that blow that did it. But all that had gone before." - Jacob Riis
Old 08-12-05, 07:49 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Ok, I take the conspiracy stuff back. I've just added 100 fast votes to check if it's rigged. And it seems it isn't. I'm done with my voting for the first round.
Old 08-13-05, 01:25 AM
SpursReport Rookie

I think lebron james got jipped big time....

~Ian
Old 08-13-05, 01:36 AM
SpursReport Team Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian
I think lebron james got jipped big time....

~Ian
yup...manu too.
they both had much better dunks during the season. the wrong pics got posted.
Old 08-13-05, 01:58 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

Location: Bangalore - Silicon Valley East - Ex hyderabd, Cupertino/CA & Campinas Brazil, Houston and SanAntonio

Looks like a popularity contest and at this point Kobe has it...
Old 08-13-05, 02:23 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Robert Horry 64%
Amare Stoudemire 36%

Kobe Bryant 70%
Manu Ginobili 30%

btw: although I said earlier that manu's was better than kobe's, I was just being biased. I think NBA.com is screwing manu by picking a photo of his that is FAR from being his best. There are 100 photos they could have picked that would have been better.

"There are many dying children out there whose last wish is to meet me" -David Hasselhoff

Last edited by Spurfan15; 08-13-05 at 02:27 PM.
Old 08-13-05, 02:40 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Robert Horry 64%
Amare Stoudemire 36%

Kobe Bryant 70%
Manu Ginobili 30%

btw: although I said earlier that manu's was better than kobe's, I was just being biased. I think NBA.com is screwing manu by picking a photo of his that is FAR from being his best. There are 100 photos they could have picked that would have been better.

post one
Old 08-13-05, 03:59 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

1. Yes that is rookie Dwight Howard getting teabagged by Kobe.

2. Of the pictures I have of Manu dunking to say thats not one of his bests is crazy. The dunk he did in OT vs the Suns is AWESOME but I've only seen great .gifs of that jam not pictures.

IMO they should've had that one. That pic is AWESOME.
Old 08-13-05, 10:40 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
post one
Its not like I devote a section of my hard drive to storing manu pictures... god.

From what I remember though, there were moments in the season that were far more memorable than that one.

Old 08-14-05, 12:48 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Its not like I devote a section of my hard drive to storing manu pictures... god.

From what I remember though, there were moments in the season that were far more memorable than that one.
No need to post them, really. Every Spurs fan knows what are you talking about.
Old 08-15-05, 12:03 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnificent
post one
My sig?
Old 08-15-05, 12:53 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spur_Fanatic
My sig?
just beautiful... it almost brings a tear to my eye
Old 08-15-05, 12:55 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

I just voted and Manu is leading Kobe by a ridiculous margin.

Foolishness.
Old 08-15-05, 12:56 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:

IMO they should've had that one. That pic is AWESOME.
TOTALLY agree! I have that one saved on my computer simply as "Savage"!
Old 08-15-05, 01:20 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Manu is winning now... Weird.
Old 08-15-05, 01:31 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Manu winning now 70-30% .amazing!!!!