News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com
Old 08-11-05, 11:30 AM
SpursReport Mod Geezer

Sixers Meet With Hunter

Philly Inquirer - When the 76ers traded Marc Jackson to the New Jersey Nets on Tuesday, president and general manager Billy King said the team would go after a frontcourt player and a perimeter player. One player the Sixers have apparently targeted is Phoenix unrestricted free-agent center Steven Hunter.

Sixers coach Mo Cheeks and Hunter met yesterday in Chicago.

"We've been having a lot of conversations with the Sixers," Hunter's agent, Mark Bartelstein, said last night. "We'll see what happens."

King downplayed the meeting between Cheeks and Hunter, who both hail from Chicago.

"He [Hunter] happened to be in Chicago and Mo was in Chicago, and I said, 'Let's sit down and talk,' " King said.

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_ar...steven_hunter/
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 08-11-05, 11:34 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

I never been particularly good at predicting future success, but I liked Hunter when I watched him play in the WCF. Young, big and athletic. Definitely worth taking a fly at..
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 08-11-05, 11:38 AM
SpursReport Team Veteran

methinks this is somewhat Dale Davis related?