News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com
Old 04-01-04, 01:20 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Article: Lakers Are The Team to Beat

Lakers: The Team to Beat

By Ryan Magee
Posted: 4/1/04

The Los Angeles Lakers are healthy again. The are playing their best basketball of the season and it comes at the perfect time. They made a mockery of the Wolves and did the same to the Kings. Granted, both the Wolves and Kings have been slipping lately. But, both teams had absolutely no chance to win those games. "The Lakers right now are playing really good basketball," a frustrated Chris Webber said " right now they are the best team."
The San Antonio Spurs are also peaking at the right time. Tim Duncan, who recently came back from a knee injury, is slowly becoming his former self. His knee is not quite 100% and neither is his confidence but he says that he is pain free. Manu Ginobili has become a monster as of late. At times, he is the best player on the court even when Duncan is in. "I've been getting very frustrated lately," said Duncan, "I have not been able to play like I used to. Manu is definately the best player of this team. He's become the player that I've always dreamed of becoming. " Last night, he had a stellar performance scoring a game high 29 points against a rapidly slipping Sacramento team. "We had one player who was ridiculous," said Popvich, "I don’t know how to describe it. He was off the charts. When you’re on you’re on. It was obvious everything he did was golden.” But even with their play, they cannot beat the Lakers this year.
The Lakers lead the series 3-0 this year so its obvious that the Lakers have the Spurs number. The Lakers are just simply too good for the Spurs. The Lakers have too many weapons for the Spurs to be able to beat them. The Spurs and Lakers will be facing each other this Sunday on national television. This is definately the game of the year , but the truth is, the Spurs have no chance to beat the Lakers in LA. Shaq will have his way with Rasho. The Spurs cannot afford to double Shaq unless they plan to keep Malone, Bryant, or Payton alone. Malone has been playing better than Duncan as of late so Malone should have his way. Payton, the Glove, will shut Parker down. Kobe Bryant has just taken it to another level as of late and he will make Bowen look like a freshman. Even Phil Jackson admits his team is playing great. "Right now I don't know if I can find anything wrong with this team. The players can practically coach themselves, said Jackson after the blowout win against the Wolves."
All Spurs fans should be worried because this is no April Fools. The Lakers are hungry and steamrolling into the playoffs.

Link
14-Time All-Defensive Team
5-Time NBA Champion
3-Time NBA Finals MVP
2-Time NBA MVP

And Still Going...
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 04-01-04, 01:36 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!