News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com

Go Back   SpursReport.com > SpursReport Fan Forums > Spurs and NBA Fan Feedback

LinkBack (16) Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-11-05, 04:35 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

I wonder if Tim likes tuna salad?

I love tuna salad, much more than cold cuts. But I wouldn´t say I don´t like cold cuts, I like some cold cuts. Sorry to get off topic.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 08-11-05, 05:47 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Outside of Bill Russell, is the only other NBA player in HISTORY to have won Two Championships with eleven different teammates (1999 & 2005)...

Doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared dream before..."

-E.A. Poe
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 08-12-05, 09:46 AM
Official SR Home Builder

Tim Duncan Quotes

Good, better, best. Never let it rest. Until your good is better and your better is best.
Tim Duncan

The time when there is no one there to feel sorry for you or to cheer for you is when a player is made.
Tim Duncan

Was selected to play for the U.S. Team in the 2000 Olympics but had to withdraw due to his knee injury
Old 08-12-05, 09:59 AM
SpursReport Team Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy from Austin
Was selected to play for the U.S. Team in the 2000 Olympics but had to withdraw due to his knee injury
Yes, and as a tribute to him, Jason Kidd wore his shorts backwards in practice too.
Old 08-12-05, 02:40 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Backwards or inside out.?. I always wondered.
Old 08-12-05, 02:46 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menudo Terremoto Williams
Timmy DOES NOT EAT COLDCUTS, that for sure. He would never be caught dead at a Quizno's.
hate to spoil it for ya, but tim has been spotted in quizno's by a poster on this board, also q's do not serve cold cuts - i wont eat them either - they actually serve good sandwiches
Old 08-12-05, 03:37 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherr Palms
Outside of Bill Russell, is the only other NBA player in HISTORY to have won Two Championships with eleven different teammates (1999 & 2005)...
I know what you're trying to get at, but your wording needs improvement.

E.g. Horry won championships with 3 entirely different teams.
E.g. John Havlicek won championships with Celtics teams of two entirely different generations.
Old 08-12-05, 03:42 PM
Official SR Home Builder

Michael Jordan, Shaquille O’Neal, Magic Johnson, and Tim Duncan. What do these four men have in common? They are the only players in NBA history to win three Finals MVP awards.
Old 08-13-05, 03:26 AM
SpursReport Rookie

the only game in any of the Finals he played that he didn't score a double-double was Game 5 of the 1999 Finals.

almost acquired a quadruple-double in Game 6 of 2003 Finals

doesn't let criticisms get to him. doesn't even listen to them..

from 15-15, went for 3-12 from the FT line in Game 4 of WCF

"They were more confident in me than I was and that is greatly appreciated. they will never understand." that's tim duncan in a nutshell.
Old 08-13-05, 02:37 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Duncan hates the media and could care less on the spotlight
Old 08-14-05, 08:17 PM
SpursReport Rookie

[quote=Eddy from Austin]Tim Duncan Quotes

Good, better, best. Never let it rest. Until your good is better and your better is best.
Tim Duncan

Didn't his mom always tell him that? I thought i read somewhere that his mom always said that to him.
Old 08-14-05, 10:45 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Won a bronze medal as the starting center for the 2004 Men's USA Olympic Squad. Prior to that in 2003 he helped Team USA sweep through the qualifying round in order to participate in the Olympics.

Runs the Tim Duncan foundation with Amy Duncan

Has quite the humor that can be seen occasionally.

Although I'm not sure of the wording says he doesn't like his video game counterpart because the games never get his range right. They always make him a worse 3 point shooter than he actually is.
Old 08-14-05, 10:56 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Tim skipped third grade.
Old 08-14-05, 11:56 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

His foundation sent me a Tim Duncan foundation shirt!
Old 08-22-05, 12:21 PM
Official SR Home Builder

NCAA career

Tim Duncan was a two-time ACC Player of the Year with the Wake Forest Demon Deacons and had extensive international experience playing with the USA Basketball team. He didn't begin playing organized basketball until the ninth grade.

Tim was an All-American at Wake Forest University. The psychology major (with honors) was winner of the 1997 John Wooden Award, awarded to the NCAA's overall best male player based on the votes of sportscasters and newswriters. In that season, Duncan averaged 20.8 points per game and led the nation with 14.7 rebounds per game.

Duncan finished his college career as the second best shot blocker in NCAA history, and he is one of only 10 players with more than 2,000 career points and 1,500 career rebounds. Duncan was also the first player in NCAA history to reach 1,500 points, 1,000 rebounds, 400 blocked shots and 200 assists
Old 10-15-10, 03:40 PM
Official SR Home Builder

Had 27 Total Rebounds vs. Atlanta 01/27/10
Old 10-15-10, 06:45 PM
SpursReport Rookie

My uncle put in his septic....