News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com
Old 08-06-05, 08:14 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Oberto: "Popovich knows me too much"

"Popovich me conoce demasiado"

http://www.lanacion.com.ar/deportiva...ulado_id=131-2

Cordoba (De un enviado especial).- El vuelo llegó con retraso al aeropuerto Pajas Blancas, y por eso Fabricio Oberto, junto con su familia, se fue directamente al Dinosaurios Moll, el lugar en el que lo esperaba la conferencia de prensa. "Hace tres d*as que no se me borra la sonrisa de la cara", dijo de entrada el flamante pivote de San Antonio, con una camiseta blanca N° 7 de ese equipo.

No ocultó su satisfacción Oberto durante los 20 minutos que duró la rueda de prensa, y en las posteriores entrevistas individuales. "Tuve todo tipo de sensaciones en estas últimas semanas. Pensé que ten*a un buen de manejo de las palabras, pero a veces me cuesta expresar lo que estoy viviendo en este momento. Esto es lo que soñé toda la vida, aunque muchas veces pensé que no se me iba a dar. Cuando dejé Pamesa Valencia quer*a ir a la NBA, ten*a algunas posibilidades, pero nunca esperé que se diera tan rápido y en San Antonio", contó el cordobés.

"Todo se resolvió de la mejor manera. Creo que llego al equipo justo. Es la franquicia en la que me hubiese gustado estar. Son los campeones, un equipo con muchas ambiciones, y encima voy a jugar con Manu", agregó.

Sobre lo que vivió en San Antonio, comentó: "Me trataron muy bien. Conversé con Popovich y me di cuenta de que me conoce demasiado. Saben que puedo aportar en el juego de equipo, y al lado de Duncan las cosas se me van a facilitar bastante. Además, quedé contento con mi inglés, ya que en las conferencias de prensa no necesité traductor".

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Popovich knows too much me"

Córdoba - The flight arrived delayed at the Pajas Blancas airport, and for that reason Fabricio Oberto, along with his family, went directly to the Dinosaurios Mall, place where the press conference would take place in. "I have the smile on my face for three straight day now", said the new pivot of San Antonio to start, with a white N° 7 Spurs jersey.

He didn't hide satisfaction during the 20 minutes press conference, neither later, in the individual interviews. "I had all type of sensations in these last weeks. I thought that it had a good word handling, but sometimes it costs me to express what I am living at this moment. This is what I dreamed of all my life, although I thought many times that it was not going to happen. When I left Pamesa Valencia I wanted to go to the NBA, I had some possibilities, but I never hoped that it would happen this fast and in San Antonio ", said the Cordovan.

"Everything was solved the best way. I believe that I arrive at the right team. It's the franchise which I would have choose to be in. They are the champions, a team with many ambitions, and besides, I'm going to play with Manu", he added.

About what he lived in San Antonio, he commented: "they treated me very well. I talked with Popovich and I realized that he knows me too much. They know that I can contribute to the team's game, and, next to Duncan, things will be more easy. Besides, I was happy with my English, since I din't need a translator in the press conferences".
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 08-06-05, 09:41 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Nice to see someone so happy to have his dream come true. I'm thinkin' he just might have a bigger impact than we might realize.

-Randy
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 08-06-05, 09:42 AM
SpursReport Team Captain

Thanks EG 20
Old 08-06-05, 09:48 AM
SpursReport Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurs Brazil
Thanks EG 20
thanks for the info EG20!
Old 08-06-05, 09:51 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneStarSpur
Nice to see someone so happy to have his dream come true. I'm thinkin' he just might have a bigger impact than we might realize.

-Randy
No doubt he's got the attitude to do so. Now will Manu be
able to help him speed his adjustment to the NBA?
Old 08-06-05, 10:00 AM
SpursReport Team Member

i cant wait to see how he does with the team
Old 08-06-05, 10:12 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurs Brazil
Thanks EG 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by dingal berry
thanks for the info EG20!
You're welcome! s
Old 08-06-05, 11:15 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Just remember when players play with Duncan they tend to get a lot better!
Old 08-06-05, 11:31 AM
SpursReport Team Member

hooorrraaayyyyy for Oberto!!!! I am soooooooooo excited about the upcoming season...

"Today's game is style over substance. He's the opposite. He's substance over style. I think he's appreciated. I don't think he's adored."
Dave Odom, Duncan's college coach
Old 08-06-05, 11:35 AM
MomBear

That's great that he's excited to be coming to SA...

It's going to be a great season defending our title!!!!!

Thanks for the translation EG20...
Old 08-06-05, 01:24 PM
SpursReport Rookie

i think he will be good defensively, but i also hope he can contribute on the offensive end as well. last couple of years rasho and nazr havent scored enough (10 pts) for them to be in the starting lineup, so i hope he can score
Old 08-06-05, 01:28 PM
SpursReport Assistant Coach

If he's as smart and alert as I hope, he will do very well with the Spurs. Plus his comfort level should be good with Manu around to help him out.
Old 08-06-05, 01:57 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomBear
Thanks for the translation EG20...
You're welcome!
Old 08-06-05, 02:13 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

"He's a great teammate, a great passer," Buford said of Oberto. "He understands the game ridiculously well. The thing you notice is that on any given night, Manu might get a bunch of points, or somebody else on their team might get a bunch of points, but the guy who played the most minutes every night has been Fabricio. He just does whatever it takes. He's a great defender, a great passer and rebounds the ball really well."

Sounds like he'll fit in perfectly

So does this mean he gets to bring the donuts now?
Old 08-06-05, 02:18 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Beno will make sure he gets directions to Krispy Kreme.
Old 08-06-05, 08:18 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by EG 20
"Popovich me conoce demasiado"

http://www.lanacion.com.ar/deportiva...ulado_id=131-2

Cordoba (De un enviado especial).- El vuelo llegó con retraso al aeropuerto Pajas Blancas, y por eso Fabricio Oberto, junto con su familia, se fue directamente al Dinosaurios Moll, el lugar en el que lo esperaba la conferencia de prensa. "Hace tres d*as que no se me borra la sonrisa de la cara", dijo de entrada el flamante pivote de San Antonio, con una camiseta blanca N° 7 de ese equipo.

No ocultó su satisfacción Oberto durante los 20 minutos que duró la rueda de prensa, y en las posteriores entrevistas individuales. "Tuve todo tipo de sensaciones en estas últimas semanas. Pensé que ten*a un buen de manejo de las palabras, pero a veces me cuesta expresar lo que estoy viviendo en este momento. Esto es lo que soñé toda la vida, aunque muchas veces pensé que no se me iba a dar. Cuando dejé Pamesa Valencia quer*a ir a la NBA, ten*a algunas posibilidades, pero nunca esperé que se diera tan rápido y en San Antonio", contó el cordobés.

"Todo se resolvió de la mejor manera. Creo que llego al equipo justo. Es la franquicia en la que me hubiese gustado estar. Son los campeones, un equipo con muchas ambiciones, y encima voy a jugar con Manu", agregó.

Sobre lo que vivió en San Antonio, comentó: "Me trataron muy bien. Conversé con Popovich y me di cuenta de que me conoce demasiado. Saben que puedo aportar en el juego de equipo, y al lado de Duncan las cosas se me van a facilitar bastante. Además, quedé contento con mi inglés, ya que en las conferencias de prensa no necesité traductor".

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Popovich knows too much me"

Córdoba - The flight arrived delayed at the Pajas Blancas airport, and for that reason Fabricio Oberto, along with his family, went directly to the Dinosaurios Mall, place where the press conference would take place in. "I have the smile on my face for three straight day now", said the new pivot of San Antonio to start, with a white N° 7 Spurs jersey.

He didn't hide satisfaction during the 20 minutes press conference, neither later, in the individual interviews. "I had all type of sensations in these last weeks. I thought that it had a good word handling, but sometimes it costs me to express what I am living at this moment. This is what I dreamed of all my life, although I thought many times that it was not going to happen. When I left Pamesa Valencia I wanted to go to the NBA, I had some possibilities, but I never hoped that it would happen this fast and in San Antonio ", said the Cordovan.

"Everything was solved the best way. I believe that I arrive at the right team. It's the franchise which I would have choose to be in. They are the champions, a team with many ambitions, and besides, I'm going to play with Manu", he added.

About what he lived in San Antonio, he commented: "they treated me very well. I talked with Popovich and I realized that he knows me too much. They know that I can contribute to the team's game, and, next to Duncan, things will be more easy. Besides, I was happy with my English, since I din't need a translator in the press conferences".
Thanks for the heads up EG20

Quote:
Originally Posted by HURRICANECUB
i cant wait to see how he does with the team
I sure hope so, an even better player than before

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurs biggest fan
"He's a great teammate, a great passer," Buford said of Oberto. "He understands the game ridiculously well. The thing you notice is that on any given night, Manu might get a bunch of points, or somebody else on their team might get a bunch of points, but the guy who played the most minutes every night has been Fabricio. He just does whatever it takes. He's a great defender, a great passer and rebounds the ball really well."

So does this mean he gets to bring the donuts now?
He is definitely Spurs material glad to have you on board Fabricio
Old 08-06-05, 10:36 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurs biggest fan
"He's a great defender, a great passer and rebounds the ball really well."

Yeah, but can he fit the Spurs' free throw profile?
Old 08-07-05, 05:59 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesR
Shaq could probably beat him in a FT shooting contest.
ouch
Old 08-07-05, 06:16 AM
Abominable snowballer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesR
Shaq could probably beat him in a FT shooting contest.
this contest will take place in june 2006.
Old 08-07-05, 09:24 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelden
Yeah, but can he fit the Spurs' free throw profile?
Yes, His last season stats show a 45% at FT. He'll fit.