News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com
Old 08-05-05, 04:10 PM
SpursReport Mod Geezer

Lebron To Get New Agent

Nearly three months after firing agents Eric and Aaron Goodwin, Cleveland Cavaliers guard LeBron James has hired a new representative.

For months, it was speculated James would hire Leon Rose, who represents Philadelphia 76ers guard Allen Iverson. One Rose's associates, Wes Wesley, is a close confidant of the 20-year-old phenom.

Rose confirmed to The Sports Business Journal on Friday that the alliance was official, and NBA Players Association spokesman Dan Wasserman confirmed to ESPN.com the union did receive the official letter, specifying that James was choosing Rose to represent him in contract negotiations, on Thursday.

Calls placed to Rose and James' attorney Fred Nance were not immediately returned.

A group of James' friends, including his high school teammate Maverick Carter and his road manager Randy Mims, are still expected to take on the marketing role. James already has more than $120 million in endorsement deals, including relationships with Nike and Coca-Cola. Over the past couple months, Carter has not divulged plans of the group's vision for the star player.

James, who is currently touring Asia on a Nike promotional tour, has two more years left under his original rookie scale contract. He will be eligible to receive a maximum six-year extension in August 2006.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2126010

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 08-05-05, 04:11 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

HOW DO YOU LOSE the LeBron James client!?!?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 08-05-05, 04:15 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Do you remember when Ricky Williams had Master P as his agent, and he got that horrible incentive-based contract with the Saints?

Some of these athletes crack me up with their moves.
Old 08-05-05, 04:56 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Hmmm.....let me see if I got this down......Lebron fires the two skilled, expereinced and professional agents that negotiated $120 MILLION in endorsement contracts for him......and now has his high school teammate and his "road manager" taking on the marketing role? I wonder if their names are Turtle and E? He needs to go talk to Mike Tyson, M.C. Hammer, etc about money management 101.
Old 08-05-05, 05:21 PM
SpursReport Team Member

What kind of marketing campaign can a high school graduate come up with. Not to mention that they also have to deal with the attorney's of Fotune 100 companies.
To each his own I guess. I remember being 18 and thinking I ruled the world. Of course I didn't have $120 million either.
Old 08-05-05, 05:43 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

At least he won't end up with Drew Rosenhaus
Old 08-05-05, 06:51 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason R
HOW DO YOU LOSE the LeBron James client!?!?
because james is greedy
the old one got the record shoe deal
the old one got the three compainies in the same hotel at the same time
the old one got the company to up their offer 30 yes 30 million from their first offer and then james accepted it

but to answer your question he wanted his friend and noone else
the guy would never be good enough for james because he was not his friend
Old 08-05-05, 08:20 PM
Banned

james looking out for his posse....nothing wrong with that
Old 08-06-05, 04:46 PM
SpursReport Assistant Coach

NO, nothing wrong with that, as long as he stays on top of his bank account and where the money is going. A lot of athletes who made a lot of money are broke now, because they trusted the wrong people. Of course one exception is David who had his mom and pop help with the operation of his finances, and they seem to be doing real well. One thing I learned as a retail manager when it comes to money, you can't trust anyone.
Old 08-06-05, 08:26 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGVSpursFan#1
What kind of marketing campaign can a high school graduate come up with. Not to mention that they also have to deal with the attorney's of Fotune 100 companies.
To each his own I guess. I remember being 18 and thinking I ruled the world. Of course I didn't have $120 million either.

Who said he EVEN graduated?
Old 08-06-05, 11:50 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
LeBron ready to go to work
By Mike Dodd, USA TODAY
CHICAGO — LeBron James received his high school diploma Saturday and began his first day in the "real world" at the NBA predraft camp Sunday.
http://www.usatoday.com/sports/baske...mes-camp_x.htm
Old 08-06-05, 11:54 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

In a related story, I am retaining the services of my agent and do not plan to make any changes for the forseeable future.