News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com
Old 07-28-05, 02:14 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Southern California Roll Call!

So over the past couple of seasons I've met a number of you at Yankee Doodle, ESPN Zone, Fox Sports Grill and even the Pro Summer League at Long Beach but I'd like to start up an e-mail list so that I can directly contact everyone when something comes up like GTG at a sports bar for a big or post-season game or buying tickets for Clippers and Lakers when the Spurs are coming so that we can have one big Spur section representing at the Staples Center. Sometimes not everyone has a chance to see a thread going on about LA/SoCal stuff but with our own e-mail list we'll do better at keeping everyone in the loop.

If you are in the Southern California area and would like to be included on this e-mail list either PM me (til my in-box fills up), post your e-mail address here on this thread or e-mail me (removed in edit)

Those that I can remember meeting include:
Misty - the All Access Gal
Tango Bros - with the insider 411
Slayer Minh
Baseline Bum
310 & 562
Malice
Scott

I'm not necessarily intending to be the primary organizer (maybe for tickets) but once we have a list of e-mails any one of us can simply reply to all to:

announce/suggest GTGs
let each other know what's on local broadcasts (since regions sometimes vary)
where you can find Spurs gear in local stores
combine orders of Spurs merchandise to save on shipping
plan a road trip to Phoenix for a Spurs/Suns game
plan a plane trip to S.A. over a weekend
etc.

We can also keep growing this list as each of us meet other Spurs fans and if it becomes more convenient we can even start up a Yahoo group.

Who's in?

Last edited by SoCal Bong; 08-01-05 at 08:23 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 07-28-05, 02:48 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Count me in.

Last edited by Slayer Min; 08-01-05 at 08:50 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 07-28-05, 03:03 PM
SpursReport Rookie

I'm down!

Scott
Old 07-28-05, 03:41 PM
SpursReport Team Member

i think a Golden State roadtrip might be cool also
Old 07-28-05, 07:05 PM
There is only 1 Ginobili!

Phoenix is where it's at. If we take a cruise from Cali...It don't matter where we sit, before any game we're allowed courtside priveleges to talk to our team.

[email protected]

Old 07-28-05, 07:40 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

I'm in!
[email protected]

I take at least one roadtrip to Phoenix each season, it would be great to get a group together because that's a long drive to do alone.

I don't have the time to be the ringleader but I can volunteer to put together a little "So Cal Spurs" website where we can keep an updating listing of people & e-mail addresses. What do you think?
Old 07-28-05, 08:00 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Great idea Misti! I'll provide you the e-mail addresses I've collected in the next week or so - no rush right now as nothing's really going on that we need to be planning for. Once the schedule comes out we can start looking at possible road trips and even a S.A. trip as well as ticket purchasing for LA games.

I'm sure there are a # of Spurs fans who aren't on this site much during the off-season so for those of you that personally know others that would be interested in being involved give em a shout or a link to this thread. Its also easy enough to search on LA/OC/SoCal GTGs and PM the folks who posted on those threads when the season gets closer. Not that we need a big numer or anything, just good, friendly die-hard fans that we can all enjoy the Spurs success with.

I've mentioned before that I started a Patriots fan club in Orange County and that has worked out great. Granted, football season is much easier to get together for with there being games typically just on Sundays. Another factor working against us is geography since we are spread out from Ventura to Riverside to San Diego but we'll just make the best of it.
Old 07-28-05, 08:03 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Im in GO SPURS
Old 07-28-05, 10:12 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duncan21
Im in GO SPURS
What's your e-mail address for the listing?
Old 07-29-05, 08:48 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by missmyzte
What's your e-mail address for the listing?
[email protected]
Old 07-29-05, 08:05 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Here's a rough draft of the site ---
http://www.mistilynn.com/spurs/socal.htm

I know we're not supposed to link to other sites on here but I hope an exception will be made in this case.
Old 07-30-05, 12:34 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Count me in.

Last edited by LASpursFan; 07-30-05 at 12:37 PM.
Old 07-30-05, 10:43 AM
SpursReport Team Captain

Hey guys......a thought: do you really think it is wise to have your email addresses displayed on Misty's webpage like that? Or to have a "Click here to e-mail the whole list" option? I can just see some spammers getting ahold of it, or disgruntled Laker fans.

I guess maybe its ok if there is no link from the front page.
Old 07-30-05, 11:23 AM
There is only 1 Ginobili!

It's my junkmail box. Besides, those guys will continue their behavior in continually being disgruntled once they realize that a Kobe Bryant led Laker team won't get them anymore titles.

Old 07-30-05, 02:02 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

I thought about that too TBNL but like you mentioned, it's not linked from anywhere except here. Once we build the list a bit, the only way to know the link to the site will be if one of the members gives out the link. If it becomes a problem, I can add a password to the page.
Old 07-30-05, 08:02 PM
SpursReport Rookie

I'm in !

Last edited by eddie suave; 08-07-05 at 08:43 PM.
Old 07-30-05, 10:20 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

This is pretty cool, 17 people already in just 2 days.
Old 08-01-05, 08:08 PM
Moderator in Flip Flops

If Tod gets the e-mail, then I'll get it as well..... Sweet!!!!
Pass is PINPOINT PERFECT
and somebody ends up WIDE OPEN
No Flash No Gimmicks NO CHANCE OF STOPPING IT
IT'S THE QUIET GUYS YOU SHOULD FEAR
because words are small and GAME IS BIG

GO GO!

I AM NINJA!
"We will either find a way, or make one."
~Hannibal~
Old 08-01-05, 08:21 PM
SpursReport Team Member

A cautionary note that it's dangerous to post your email on a public board. There are bots that crawl these things and supply your address to the spammers.
Of course this board does require registration, that might discourage the automated bots, but then not everyone who views this board is friendly.
Don't trust anyone on the internet with your private info.
Old 08-01-05, 08:22 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Sounds good to me.
Old 08-01-05, 08:27 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Thanks for the advice Alka-Seltzer. I've removed my e-mail address from my initial post and recommend that anyone else who has listed theirs on this thread go back and edit their posts to remove yours as well. We've got it for everyone who posted so far anyway.

Anyone who posts going forward can PM either myself or missmyzte and provide your e-mail address there to get on the list.
Old 08-07-05, 05:39 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Ooo, I want in!

Thanks a lot for the heads up, Misti!

-Florence
Old 08-07-05, 07:04 PM
SpursReport Team Member

has anyone spotted the Spurs Wheaties in SO CAL??
Old 08-07-05, 07:25 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

I've been watching for it, haven't seen it yet. Still at the stores right now is Kirk Gibson on the Wheaties box ...
Old 08-08-05, 12:43 PM
SpursReport Team Member

LA fans save your pennies for March 2006

Mon March 6 @ Lakers
Tue March 7 @ Clippers
Thu March 9 @ Phoenix

Tue March 28 @ Clippers
Thu March 30 @ Lakers

4 games at Staples Center in one month? it's like the Spurs are the new home team!