News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com
Old 07-19-05, 02:57 AM
MomBear

Bucks' Bogut Ejected From Summer Game

Mon Jul 18, 9:24 PM ET

MINNEAPOLIS - Milwaukee Bucks center Andrew Bogut, the No. 1 pick in this year's NBA draft, was ejected from a summer league game on Monday after tangling with Indiana Pacers center John Edwards.

Edwards, who was also ejected, got caught up with Bogut underneath the basket and inadvertently shoved him to the ground as he headed back up court.

Bogut bounced off the floor and went after Edwards, but the two were separated by teammates before they made any contact.

After deliberating for a few minutes, the officials decided to eject both players rather than issue technical fouls, eliciting heavy complaints from both coaching staffs.

"It was a pretty quick hook," Bogut said after the game. "I needed a rest anyway."

Edwards said the initial contact was not intentional.

"I don't think it was merited," he said of the ejection.

It was a frustrating day for Bogut, who was 1-for-7 with six points and four fouls in 26 minutes when he was ejected. He was also dominated on the defensive end by Pacers center David Harrison, who scored 14 points in the first half with Bogut guarding him.

The Bucks beat the Pacers 79-72 for their first summer league win after three losses. Chris Owens had 16 points and Madison native Reece Gaines added 14 to lead Milwaukee.

Jimmie Hunter scored 17 points and Harrison 16 for Indiana.

LINK
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 07-19-05, 02:57 AM
SpursReport Assistant Coach

All that talk, and now he's got to walk the walk......

"When nothing seems to help, I go look at a stonecutter hammering away at this rock perhaps 100 times without as much as a crack showing in it. Yet at the 101st blow, it will split in two and I know it was not that blow that did it. But all that had gone before." - Jacob Riis
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 07-19-05, 07:24 AM
SpursReport Team Captain

Lot of bark but no signs of bite yet.
Old 07-19-05, 07:37 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

why would he bite against a bunch of scrubs?

and "all this talk?" the guy answered some questions quite truthfully and didnt beat around the bush, now he's talking it up?
Old 07-19-05, 07:56 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomBear

"It was a pretty quick hook," Bogut said after the game. "I needed a rest anyway."
Needed the Rest?!?!?!

This guy is gonna be a BUST.
Old 07-19-05, 08:08 AM
SpursReport Team Captain

I'll admit, I'm an early-on Bogut hater.
Old 07-19-05, 08:19 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

the guy is showing all the signs early on. i think he's going to be good. remember, tim was getting pushed around by ostertag in summer league.

-Bruce Bowen
Old 07-19-05, 08:45 AM
SpursReport Team Captain

I dont get all the hating on this guy

he is going to be a special player

His comments have been blown way overboard by some in this forum

People label people "busts" so damn fast around here...hell Manu was labeled a bust by some here early on

its freakin summer league.
Old 07-19-05, 09:05 AM
SpursReport Team Captain

We don't know he's going to be a bust but we don't know that he's going to be special either.
Old 07-19-05, 09:31 AM
SpursReport Team Member

I don't think he's going to be as good as Marvin Williams. What remains to be seen is how "not-as-good" he is going to be.

Gerald Green is going to turn into a freak in time, too.
Old 07-19-05, 11:06 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Darn politicians always hooking people under the basket

Trey - it's probably not good to shoot your mouth off before actually having played an NBA game.
Old 07-19-05, 11:08 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by ennui30
Trey - it's probably not good to shoot your mouth off before actually having played an NBA game.
I agree. Although he was just speaking how he felt, but I have a feeling Kobe is going to have a career night against Milwaukee this season, just a hunch...
Old 07-19-05, 11:11 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Yes, we know how Kobe is capable of holding grudges!
Old 07-19-05, 11:46 AM
SpursReport Team Veteran

The guy already has had a 20 pt 12 reb game and you guys are saying he will be a bust. He played 3 games before this one that he got tossed in and he had two double doubles, sounds like a bust to me

More hateraide anyone?

Jason R, for a guy who really stands on the fence and doesn't really make a stance one way or another, I'm surpricse your already bashing the guy. I mean don't you want to review the tape before you make a final judgement
Old 07-19-05, 11:47 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by bo spur
I mean don't you want to review the tape before you make a final judgement

Classic.
Old 07-19-05, 11:58 AM
SpursReport Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by bo spur
The guy already has had a 20 pt 12 reb game and you guys are saying he will be a bust. He played 3 games before this one that he got tossed in and he had two double doubles, sounds like a bust to me

More hateraide anyone?

Jason R, for a guy who really stands on the fence and doesn't really make a stance one way or another, I'm surpricse your already bashing the guy. I mean don't you want to review the tape before you make a final judgement
Haterade
Surprised
You're

Glad you're part of my fan club, I don't know too many people on this board I could quote very often, but you seem to like my posts enough to put me to memory.
Old 07-19-05, 12:30 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Poor Bogut, tying to rough things up with the perpetually lost and confused Senator.

Edwards the thug.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trey
why would he bite against a bunch of scrubs?

Oh, now it's ON, buddy! Them are fighting words!
Old 07-19-05, 12:37 PM
MomBear

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoupIsGood

Poor Bogut, tying to rough things up with the perpetually lost and confused Senator.

Edwards the thug.

Oh, now it's ON, buddy! Them are fighting words!
oh yeah there were some Pacers there....
Old 07-19-05, 12:39 PM
SpursReport Team Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason R
He's done a lot of talking so they're going to come after him hard every night.
Old 07-19-05, 01:09 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

Quote:
two words

SUMMER LEAGUE
Old 07-19-05, 02:01 PM
SpursReport Team Veteran

Quote:
Haterade
Surprised
You're
Glad you're part of my fan club, I don't know too many people on this board I could quote very often, but you seem to like my posts enough to put me to memory.
Worst comeback ever!

Jason, I know this has been used on you before but if the shoe fits... If only this were spellingbee.com you might be worth a damn.

as far as remembering your quote, well some things are said that are so stupid you will never forget them, especially ones that made almost the entire forum piss thier pants laughing.

Last edited by bo spur; 07-19-05 at 02:09 PM.
Old 07-19-05, 02:18 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

Are you done being a jackass?

"Stupidity is the quality or condition of being stupid, or lacking intelligence. This quality can be attributed to both an individual himself (John Smith is stupid) or his actions, words or beliefs (John Smith's policies are stupid). The determination of who is stupid is difficult, despite attempts to measure intelligence (and thus stupidity) such as IQ tests."

But if we're going by measures of intelligence then I think you've failed quite handily. You might want to check your dictionary in case you can't read that, I understand the English language is difficult for you to grasp.

Last edited by Jason R; 07-19-05 at 02:21 PM.
Old 07-19-05, 02:22 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

I'm not sure he has the intelligence to handle the correction.
Old 07-19-05, 02:23 PM
SpursReport Team Veteran

Quote:
aren't you going to correct him on his spelling of "thier"?

Quote:
But if we're going by measures of intelligence then I think you've failed quite handily. You might want to check your dictionary in case you can't read that, I understand the English language is difficult for you to grasp.
Again, if this were english class you might be woth a damn, but this is a basketball forum. I might suck at english, because math and science were my thing, and I'm currently an engineer in Austin so I'm not as dumb as you might think.

Sorry man I can't help it, every time you post something, I hear your words in the voice of the Simpsons comic guy.

And I see I have a fan as well, thanks for putting me in your sig man. First I would like to thank God and my family for such a great honor to be bestowed upon me.
Hey could you spell check that last sentence for me, I'm sure I messed something up.

Last edited by bo spur; 07-19-05 at 02:34 PM.
Old 07-19-05, 09:22 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

It's time like these that I wish I watched the Simpsons...

Oh, yeah, I had a reason for entering this thread again (other than being morbidly bored). Lemme see if I can remember...

A longer account of the trashing that David gave Bogut.

--------

Quote:
Top Pick Bogut Adjusting to NBA Life

http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cg...s141144D37.DTL

By JON KRAWCZYNSKI, AP Sports Writer

Tuesday, July 19, 2005

(07-19) 17:16 PDT MINNEAPOLIS, (AP) --

Andrew Bogut felt like he had just been run over by a truck. David Harrison, the 280-pound Indiana Pacers center, lowered his shoulder and buried the NBA's No. 1 draft pick, then softly laid in a bucket. Welcome to the NBA, Mr. Bogut.

"He was grinding me out down there," Bogut said. "Definitely a guy I can learn off. He definitely took me to school."

The Milwaukee Bucks center was ejected from that game Monday at the Minnesota summer league for tussling with center John Edwards. But he bounced back on Tuesday, capping the five-day event with 16 points, 14 rebounds and two blocks in a 98-91 loss to New York.

It was an interesting few days for the Australian in his NBA debut. One day, he scores 21 points and grabs 13 rebounds in a game against the Rockets. The next, he is thoroughly dominated by Harrison before being thrown out by the officials.

It's all part of the process, Bogut says.

"It was more of a learning experience than anything," he said. "I didn't come in and say I want to average 20 and 10. I wasn't worried about numbers."

In five games, Bogut averaged 13.2 points and 10 rebounds, numbers that were slightly skewed thanks to a surprisingly quick trigger by the officials in the Indiana game. He finished with just 6 points on 1-of-7 shooting in 26 minutes in that game.

He still managed to lead the summer league in rebounds and learned what life in the NBA is like as a 7-foot-1, 255-pound target.

"Definitely," Bogut said. "That's how it is. A big white guy, the No. 1 pick, nobody likes that."

Many of the rookies and unproven veteran centers at the league saw Bogut as a way to get noticed, perhaps none more than Harrison.

The second-year player went right at Bogut early and often in their matchup, hitting turnaround jumpers and dunking over the exasperated rookie.

"He's not a (traditional center)," the bruising Harrison said. "He's a typical triangle-type center. I just knew that if I got him on my back, I was stronger than him."

Harrison proved that on numerous occasions in the first half of their game, scoring 14 points to Bogut's 5 and getting him to commit four fouls.

His frustration growing, Bogut was ejected in the third quarter after getting tangled with Edwards, who appeared to shove him to the ground under the basket. Bogut bounced off the court and went after Edwards and the two players had to be separated.

It was a questionable decision by the officials to eject both players, but Bogut took everything in stride.

"I needed the rest anyway," he said, cracking a grin.

Milwaukee assistant Bob Ociepka saw the skirmish as a good sign.

"He gets knocked down, gets right back up and is not going to take anything from anybody," Ociepka said. "In this league, as a rookie, you're going to be tested and he showed his toughness to come right back at somebody. That was encouraging."

Harrison acknowledged that he was looking forward to facing Bogut, the one big-name center in Minneapolis, and he couldn't hide the grin on his face when asked about his performance against the top pick.

"I just wanted to dunk it as hard as I possibly could," Harrison said.

That said, he has no doubt that Bogut will be just fine in the NBA.

"He just doesn't know any better. He'll get better with time. Everybody does," Harrison said. "He's a good passer and he has really good body movement."

Ociepka said he can't wait to see what Bogut can do with the likes of Michael Redd, Bobby Simmons and Jiri Welsch on the perimeter to draw attention away from the big man.

"He has a good understanding of the game and that, combined with his talent, is real encouraging," Ociepka said. "This is a heckuva start for him. We're really excited about it."

For now, it's back to Australia for Bogut, who said he plans to concentrate on improving his jumper and adding some weight so he can bang with the likes of Shaquille O'Neal and Yao Ming under the basket.

And with the Bucks sinking serious money into Redd, Simmons and Welsch this offseason, Bogut sees good things happening in Milwaukee, and soon.

"They want to win," Bogut said. "It's a good situation to be in. I like the direction we're going."

-----

Soup
Behind the boathouse
Old 07-19-05, 10:15 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

geez, he talked it up and told the truth ( probably shouldn't have named any-one) .. shame on him for keeping it real.

Bogut's gonna be good and im glad to read he no push-over... wishful thinking for those calling him a bust already.
Old 07-20-05, 08:44 AM
SpursReport Team Captain

Jesus....grammer smack is so weak
Old 07-20-05, 08:59 AM
SpursReport Team Veteran

Quote:
Bogut's gonna be good and im glad to read he no push-over... wishful thinking for those calling him a bust already.
No sh!t, that's what I don't get. The guy has some up and down games but averages a double double and he's a bust, give me a break. Do you know how many centers averaged a double double last year in the NBA? Two guys did, Shaq and Marcus Camby! Any one calling him a bust at this point doesn't have much B-ball knowledge, and lacks some intellegence

This guy has all the tools he needs to be a top center in the league, and in a few years I think he can be on of the best centers in the league. Its not hard the center position is the weakest position in the league, and this kid has some skills, more then most big men ever do.

Last edited by bo spur; 07-20-05 at 09:07 AM.
Old 07-20-05, 09:07 AM
MomBear

come on stick to the trashing of Bogut...