News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com
Old 07-15-05, 10:38 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

would this sign and trade work?

beno/rasho to portland for shareef
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 07-15-05, 10:40 PM
SpursReport Assistant Coach

Give it up already.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 07-15-05, 10:40 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Do they even want Beno?
Old 07-15-05, 10:44 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KobeToDuncan
Can we trade one of our fans to Portland?
Old 07-15-05, 10:47 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

yeah right, if the post said nazr/barry for shareef you guys would be all over his nuts. whatever.
Old 07-15-05, 10:50 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by hornonmyankle
only if theres a certain clause
Old 07-15-05, 11:05 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Wait.....would THIS trade work?

Spurs get Shareef for Rasho and Beno!!!!!
Old 07-15-05, 11:08 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

No
Old 07-15-05, 11:37 PM
SpursReport Team Member

How about Rasho to the Knicks for two first round draft choices, Tim Thomas, and Nate Robinson?

It's the Knicks.
Old 07-15-05, 11:43 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ennui30
You could probably remove the "without college experience" clause. Actually most international players fit under this category. I don't think any of the international players on the Spurs went to college due to playing with the national team and in leagues for young people. Exception is Marks.
Who are the Spurs trying to get for Rasho? I thought they were trying to trade him to Portland.
Old 07-15-05, 11:48 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
I been busy as of late but......

HOW MANY TIMESSSSSSSSSS HAS THIS BEEN SUGGESTED, TALKED ABOUT, DEBATED OR WHATEVER ADJECTIVE U WANNA USE????????

ENOUGH ALREADY!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-15-05, 11:50 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Boy it sure would be a refreshing change to see someone actually try to justify why the team you want to trade Rasho to would actually be interested in him. I guess that's asking a bit much......
Old 07-15-05, 11:51 PM
SpursReport Team Veteran

Lets see, they have Telfair and now Jarrett Jack.

Why on earth would they want Beno. Please enligthen me.
Old 07-15-05, 11:54 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Because Beno's left-handed, and they don't have one of those in their bullpen.

Hey, I tried.
Old 07-16-05, 12:21 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
why the hell would we trade both of them, that would mean that shareef's incoming contract would be atleast 7 million... would be EXTREMELY stupid.
Old 07-16-05, 12:40 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by atx_1973

HOW MANY TIMESSSSSSSSSS HAS THIS BEEN SUGGESTED, TALKED ABOUT, DEBATED OR WHATEVER ADJECTIVE U WANNA USE????????

Good God I am with ya!!!!!! Debate! Debate!! Debate!!!

"Today's game is style over substance. He's the opposite. He's substance over style. I think he's appreciated. I don't think he's adored."
Dave Odom, Duncan's college coach
Old 07-16-05, 12:42 AM
SpursReport Team Veteran

This is why most of us wont make good GM's.
Old 07-16-05, 12:46 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFly
How about Rasho to the Knicks for two first round draft choices, Tim Thomas, and Nate Robinson?

It's the Knicks.
The spurs could trade Sean Elliot's old kidney to the knicks for tim thomas and nate robinson.
Old 07-16-05, 12:47 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

why do you want to get rid of beno so bad? the kid is actually pretty good...give him a chance.
Old 07-16-05, 12:48 AM
SpursReport Team Veteran

Its amazing how much people are getting on Beno. He had a good rookie year considering where he was drafted.
Old 07-16-05, 01:02 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

No doubt. Why people are suprised and bitter that our rookie point guard played like a rookie point guard in the finals is beyond me. Beno will be fine.
Old 07-16-05, 01:06 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by skydawg
why do you want to get rid of beno so bad? the kid is actually pretty good...give him a chance.
this is the first time ive mentioned beno in a trade and now i just want to get rid of him that bad?
Old 07-16-05, 01:08 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by coyotes_geek
No doubt. Why people are suprised and bitter that our rookie point guard played like a rookie point guard in the finals is beyond me. Beno will be fine.
Then maybe he shouldnt have been put in that position.

I like his game. But its pretty obvious that the kid needs more time to develop and learn the game. I predict that he will someday put the spurs in a position to choose between TP and Beno.

Perhaps a vet point guard would have been and will be more effective when it comes to taking care of the ball until Tony comes back in to turn it over.
Old 07-16-05, 01:14 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BehaviorDisorder
Then maybe he shouldnt have been put in that position.

I like his game. But its pretty obvious that the kid needs more time to develop and learn the game. I predict that he will someday put the spurs in a position to choose between TP and Beno.

Perhaps a vet point guard would have been and will be more effective when it comes to taking care of the ball until Tony comes back in to turn it over.
By the end of that series we saw that he wasn't going to be put in that position. I think Pop handled it perfectly. The guy handled the role all season and deserved that same chance in the playoffs, Pop stuck with him as long as he could but when it became clear that he was in way over his head and he was hurting the team Pop kept him on the bench. Chalk it up to a learning experience for him and we'll see how he does next year.
Old 07-16-05, 01:40 AM
SpursReport Rookie

Quote:
God no, i don't want anyone here in portland with Kobe in his name!
Old 07-16-05, 01:46 AM
SpursReport Team Member

hell, we could trade Brickowski and Uwe Blab to the Knicks for Thomas, Nate Robinson and Marbury. Plus the Knicks would probably pay most of Marbury's contract. Hell, I'd even throw in Schintzus for that. Lloyd Daniels??? you got it!
Old 07-16-05, 01:58 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Everyone also seems to overlook the fact that with the upcoming signing of Horry and Oberto, there will already be a log jam at the 4-5 positions. If the Spurs get another "big" it will only be for roster filler, and won't require a trade for it. Also if the Spurs do trade either Rasho or Nazr, it will probably be to get a back-up 3 or a 2 who can also play the 3, since they (Spurs) only have Bruce right now at that position.
Old 07-16-05, 02:16 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
he might be a perfect fit, sounds like he's had his share of bong hits.
Old 07-16-05, 03:59 AM
SpursReport Rookie

nazr will be traded before rasho.popovich loves his size on defense and with oberto coming over from argentina we already have a 6 10 guy who can score.
Old 07-16-05, 04:46 AM
SpursReport Rookie

simply, no.
Old 07-16-05, 05:01 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

I like the idea of Reef for the Spurs because he's highly effective offensive player (look at his points per shot statistics). He would be great as 6-th man for the Spurs because:

- He, for sure, can make his own shot. In the past he was the first offensive option, and still managed to be effective.
- Coming from the bench would be guarantee that we have at least one star player, by so I mean a player that scores consistently and descompensates the other team on defense, at every moment of the game, without the need of Manu comming from the bench, or playing Duncan too many minutes.
- He would make Barry highly effective. Barry cant make his own shot and is not very effective when Duncan is not on the floor. Reef would be an excellent pick and roll partner for him, as his jumper is very effective. And by drawing much attention in the paint, would give Barry many open looks.

Reef is a 1.3057 point per shot player.

Current Spurs players:
Duncan 1.3286 points per shot
Horry 1.1727 points per shot
Manu 1.3723 points per shot
Parker 1.1756 points per shot
Rasho 1.0488 points per shot
Nazr 1.1675 points per shot
Barry 1.3451 points per shot

Other Players:
Shaq 1.4634 points per shot
Yao 1.4260 points per shot
Amare 1.4249 points per shot
K Mart 1.1573 points per shot
Rasheed 1.2169 points per shot
Kevin Garnett 1.2173 points per shot

Former Players:
Robinson 1.4619 points per shot
Malone 1.4089 points per shot
Hakeem 1.2836 points per shot

However, I wouldnt give Beno, because it would left the Spurs with only one PG. They could pack Rasho with a first round pick or Scola rights if he requests to be traded.

I would rather give Rasho than Nazr, because Nazr proved effective in very short time with the Spurs and because the Spurs own his FBR there is no risk of losing him.
Old 07-16-05, 10:46 AM
Herman Cain of the board

Quote:
Originally Posted by raindrops80
nazr will be traded before rasho.popovich loves his size on defense and with oberto coming over from argentina we already have a 6 10 guy who can score.
Rasho would be traded before Nazr. Hands down. Rasho's contract is one reason. Nazr is a better player IMO. Nazr is a better rebounder too. Oberto is what I like to call a short 6-10 player but very effective. Nazr is what I like to call a tall 6-10 player like Zo Mourning who plays bigger then his height. Look at Nazr's resume which includes 2 NCAA national championships and an NBA championship. Rasho was cemented on the bench and delagated to a towel waving role during the playoff run. BTW who was the spurs' starting center in the playoffs? Thank you. You keep the starters intact on a championship team. Or at least try to.
Old 07-16-05, 10:49 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by atx_1973

psst..."action words" are verbs.

Hey!

Howzabout 'Reef for Beno and Rash....ummm....nevermind.
Old 07-16-05, 12:11 PM
SpursReport Team Member

If we were to do aS&T with Portland, we wouldn't have to include Beno & would be stupid to do so, SAR would be getting everything he wants in a contract for just Rasho straight up, 1.A contract above the MLE 2. 6 years instead of 5 3. The chance to play on a championship team (not necessarily in that order I hope)..so in essence Portland would be doing US a favor, & I just don't see them going out of their way to help the NBA champs, unless they really like Rasho & think it will help them.... I cant see it.
Old 07-16-05, 05:42 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteChocolateJr
psst..."action words" are verbs.

Hey!

Howzabout 'Reef for Beno and Rash....ummm....nevermind.
Thanks for the english lesson smart a$$.