News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com

Go Back   SpursReport.com > SpursReport Fan Forums > Spurs and NBA Fan Feedback

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-14-05, 12:32 PM
SpursReport Team Veteran

Curry has a news conference scheduled for today in Atlanta

http://www.suntimes.com/output/bulls...pt-bull14.html

Eddy Curry has a news conference scheduled for today in Atlanta after the restricted free-agent center meets with Hawks general manager Billy Knight.

''What visit?'' Curry said Wednesday when asked if he was excited about the Hawks showing interest in his services. ''I don't know what you're talking about. I'm here today for the kids. I'm trying to show my support and be a positive figure in the community.''

Curry then gave a short motivational speech to about 200 of the 1,200 youths, ages 7 to 18, who will be participating in the Chicago Area Projects' eighth annual Olympic-style Games for Youth on July 30 at Hanson Stadium.

Although Curry said Chicago always will be his home, it remains to be determined if the Bulls will continue to be his team. Operations chief John Paxson has said he will match any offer for Curry, but if the Hawks, who have more than $20 million of salary-cap room, offer Curry more than the Bulls think he's worth, the Bulls might opt for a sign-and-trade deal to avoid coming up empty-handed.

From a physical conditioning standpoint, Curry said he's "definitely feeling good. I'm feeling 100 percent. I feel like [his good conditioning] never left.''

The Bulls still are waiting to see if the irregular heartbeat that sidelined Curry for three months will be covered by the league's insurance carrier. If it isn't, neither the Bulls nor the Hawks are expected to offer a long-term deal.

As for anticipating a resolution to his contract situation any time soon, Curry said: ''I don't even really think about it. I let Leon [Rose, his agent] handle all of that. I've got a bright future ahead of me. I'm confident everything will get worked out. But the Bulls are still my first choice.''

Curry admitted the uncertainty is a unique challenge.

''This is definitely something I haven't been through -- just being in the middle of things and trying to wait around and see what happens,'' he said. ''The best thing for me to do now is to just go in and really concentrate on getting my body right and getting prepared to play an 82-game season.''

Asked if reports were true that he is upset that contract negotiations with the Bulls haven't been going faster, Curry said: ''I'm not upset at anybody. I'm so happy to be back, it's hard to be upset at anybody. I'm just letting them do what they have to do, and I'm going to be ready when they are ready.''
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!