News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com

Go Back   SpursReport.com > SpursReport Fan Forums > Spurs and NBA Fan Feedback

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-14-05, 09:25 AM
SpursReport Rookie

Oberto Signing w/Spurs? Chad Ford says yes per his agent

http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 07-14-05, 09:27 AM
SpursReport Team Captain

where does it say Spurs?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 07-14-05, 09:32 AM
SpursReport Team Member

wishful thinking
Old 07-14-05, 09:34 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

just because you are in israel doesn't mean you can't open one of the two other oberto threads and post there.
http://www.spursreport.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=38472 (can Fabricio Oberto play in the NBA?)
http://www.spursreport.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=38492

1. you see a rumor
2. you see if there is a recent thread in the list, if you see it go to that thread and stop following these instructions
3. you search for a less recent thread in the forum, if you see it go to that thread and stop following these instructions
4. you post it because it's new

Dave McNulla
Spurs Fan

Tweet Me
Old 07-14-05, 09:40 AM
SpursReport Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave McNulla
just because you are in israel doesn't mean you can't open one of the two other oberto threads and post there.
http://www.spursreport.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=38472 (can Fabricio Oberto play in the NBA?)

1. you see a rumor
2. you see if there is a recent thread in the list, if you see it go to that thread and stop following these instructions
3. you search for a less recent thread in the forum, if you see it go to that thread and stop following these instructions
Shut up you whining baby! I appreciate the new thread as I probably would not have seen the link in other threads I have already read to death. The link is new information and warrants a new thread!
Old 07-14-05, 09:46 AM
SpursReport Team Member

only thing I see is about Oberto thought to be signing with a team in the next couple of days. Sounds like for the LLE.

Spurs aren't mentioned by name though, of course.
Old 07-14-05, 10:00 AM
SpursReport Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by hornonmyankle
Shut up you whining baby! I appreciate the new thread as I probably would not have seen the link in other threads I have already read to death. The link is new information and warrants a new thread!
what he said
Old 07-14-05, 10:07 AM
SpursReport Rookie

Get a clue

Dave McNulla:

If you knew anything you would know that the Spurs are the team always being mentioned when it comes to Oberto making the jump to the NBA. Not a surprise.

Besides that, I threw in a question mark in my subject line in case you didn't see it.
Old 07-14-05, 10:16 AM
SpursReport Team Member

If he comes to the NBA, I see him signing for the Bulls. Bulls fans have been talking about a lot of rumors involving him and Nocioni is not only his countryman, but also a former teammate at TAU Vitoria. The Spurs won't miss anything by the way. He is nothing special. I'm surprised that he gets so much hype. There are better centers than him in Europe, he is just an above average one.
Old 07-14-05, 10:21 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

why would the Spurs want a ballhog like oberto on the team?
Old 07-14-05, 10:26 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave McNulla

1. you see a rumor
http://www.spursreport.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=38509 (Oberto Signing w/Spurs? Chad Ford says yes per his agent)

i already posted the article, but in any case, i don't see it as such a big offense. Lighten up, will you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHANTOM21
why would the Spurs want a ballhog like oberto on the team?
well, whether it's Oberto in the Spurs or you in this forums, there is always people you don't like, isn't there?
Old 07-14-05, 10:34 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

whats not to like about me?

im rude, obnoxious, vulgar and a sexist, i have no pity or compassion for retards ( have you read the down syndrome joke i posted?) i like racial jokes and gay people suck (that which could be intrepreted in two different ways ) i'm a real swell dude
Old 07-14-05, 10:37 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHANTOM21
whats not to like about me?

im rude, obnoxious, vulgar and a sexist, i have no pity or compassion for retards ( have you read the down syndrome joke i posted?) i like racial jokes and gay people suck (that which could be intrepreted in two different ways ) i'm a real swell dude
we are too much alike i guess
Old 07-14-05, 10:39 AM
SpursReport Team Member

This is from the ESPN Chad Ford chat happening right now.

Quote:
Manu: What are the Spurs doing this summer? Luis Scola? Shareef?

Chad Ford: (11:36 AM ET ) Just got off the phone with agent Herb Rudoy. He just told me that the Spurs agreed to a three year deal with Fabrico Oberto, the Argentian big man who has been one of the best players in Europe over the past five years. That pretty much ends talk of Scola coming this year. Abdur-Rahim would still be a possibility if they could get Portland to agree to a sign-and-trade for Rasho Nesterovic.
http://proxy.espn.go.com/chat/chatESPN?event_id=8682
Old 07-14-05, 10:42 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Spursreport, Live, Local, Latebreaking....
Old 07-14-05, 10:45 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Ford is still the only guy stuck on the Rasho for SAR trade.

Couldn't we get Oberto AND Scola.
Old 07-14-05, 10:46 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fool
This is from the ESPN Chad Ford chat happening right now.

http://proxy.espn.go.com/chat/chatESPN?event_id=8682
interesting..

"If he dies, he dies." - Ivan Drago
Old 07-14-05, 10:46 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Even if Oberto did sign it could have been for the minimum and there is no reason Scola could not be signed also. Is Scolas agent the same as Oberto?
Old 07-14-05, 10:47 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

I think Oberto and Manu have the same agent- but Scola's is different.
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by user name
did you forget Don Harris?
Quote:
I don't see why not.
SpursReport Mod Geezer

Quote:

yes they could if the rumor is true that Oberto is only signing for about $1.5.
That should leave plenty for Scola.
Old 07-14-05, 10:48 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by undertoh
did you forget Don Harris?
True. I think even you have moved past it.
Old 07-14-05, 10:50 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
True. I think even you have moved past it.
well yeah, that was so last week.
Old 07-14-05, 10:52 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

So, we're looking at Manu, Scola, and Oberto being Spurs for 2005-06? Will Pamela David and Silvina Luna be Silver Dancers too?
Old 07-14-05, 10:53 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Why so much money for Marks' replacement?
Old 07-14-05, 10:54 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amente
if it's a 3 year deal, i could definitely see it. Given his age, it would be a fair offer, since he is looking for the challenge and not the money.
Old 07-14-05, 10:54 AM
SpursReport Mod Geezer

Think about this, if they have Oberto locked up will they have more
interest in trading Rasho?

Depending on the Oberto signing details, SAR or Scola is still in play.
Old 07-14-05, 10:55 AM
SpursReport Team Captain

maybe the spurs should wear the Argentina national team Jerseys for a season?
Old 07-14-05, 10:57 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
To get 3 years, do they have to use part of the MLE?
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manuac
Why so much money for Marks' replacement?
Manuac, give it up, will you? you can speak your mind, but all the biggest european clubs dissagree with you, as does most specialized press... so, yours is a minoritary view, and that's a fact. If it's all perception, its nothing short of a mass phenomenon.
PD: I'm quite curious as to where you are from.
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizzG
Yeah...I dont think Ford knows what he is talking about there. Scola seems to think he is coming to the NBA this season so Im sure he has a reason. Money wise SA would be ok
I don't trust Chad Ford, especially after he claims that Oberto has been one of the best players in Europe, which is simply not true. I am not an Oberto hater, but he is not a special player. If Scola really is not coming, than it would have been much better to have spent that money for Scola's extra salary, so he could buy his contract out.
Old 07-14-05, 11:00 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Think about this, if they have Oberto locked up will they have more interest in trading Rasho?
Or maybe they think they won't be able to keep Nazr past this season.

I don't really see Oberto having the size to replace what Rasho does.
SpursReport Mod Geezer

Quote:
To get 3 years, do they have to use part of the MLE?
I believe so unless the vet minimum for Oberto is that amount but it sounds rather high for that. The old CBA rules the LLE could only be for 2 years. So right now it seems as if this came from the MLE.

If it did, then I think that rules SAR out, not Scola. Unless the spurs are planning a sign-n-trade for SAR.

Not enough info. right now and things are changing almost daily, per usual this time of year.
SpursReport Rookie

If true, I would think that Rasho must be in play
SpursReport Mod Geezer

Quote:
Or maybe they think they won't be able to keep Nazr past this season.

I don't really see Oberto having the size to replace what Rasho does.
I agree, I don't see Oberto as a true center.
Old 07-14-05, 11:01 AM
SpursReport Team Captain

if rasho stays why bring scola over?
Old 07-14-05, 11:03 AM
SpursReport Mod Geezer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducks
if rasho stays why bring scola over?
Because maybe one of the centers is traded in February.
Old 07-14-05, 11:03 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
I believe so unless the vet minimum for Oberto is that amount but it sounds rather high for that. The old CBA rules the LLE could only be for 2 years. So right now it seems as if this came from the MLE.

If it did, then I think that rules SAR out, not Scola. Unless the spurs are planning a sign-n-trade for SAR.

Not enough info. right now and things are changing almost daily, per usual this time of year.
That is what I thought. That they gave part of the MLE to Oberto so a straight signing of SAR is out.

Couldn't they very well split the MLE between Scola and Oberto.

I still assert SAR ain't coming.
Old 07-14-05, 11:04 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mg06
Manuac, give it up, will you? you can speak your mind, but all the biggest european clubs dissagree with you, as does most specialized press... so, yours is a minoritary view, and that's a fact. If it's all perception, its nothing short of a mass phenomenon.
PD: I'm quite curious as to where you are from.
Oberto seems to be more popular with the specialized media than with me, but it's not true that he has been one of the best players in Europe. You can ask every manager of European clubs, they will give you other names. I am from the Netherlands aka Holland and have Turkish roots and have nothing against Argentines. As you can see, I am a big fan of Manu and I am happy with princess Maxima and i can tell you that Carlos Menem was a bad president, despite his Ottoman roots.

Last edited by Manuac; 07-14-05 at 11:06 AM.
Old 07-14-05, 11:04 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
I don't trust Chad Ford, especially after he claims that Oberto has been one of the best players in Europe, which is simply not true. I am not an Oberto hater, but he is not a special player. If Scola really is not coming, than it would have been much better to have spent that money for Scola's extra salary, so he could buy his contract out.
Oberto does not have to be a superstar on this team, he just needs to fill in the right role and his game will excel along with the team.

Last edited by doozie; 07-14-05 at 11:06 AM.
Old 07-14-05, 11:06 AM
SpursReport Mod Geezer

Quote:
Couldn't they very well split the MLE between Scola and Oberto.
Yes.
very doable.

SAR tarde more difficult when you consider that Portland doesn't want any salary in return.
They'll only consider draft picks right now.
Old 07-14-05, 11:07 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
As you can see, I am a big fan of Manu
ok, that's a 5 posts free pass
Quote:
I am happy with princess Maxima
make it 10
Quote:
i can tell you that Carlos Menem was a bad president, despite his Ottoman roots.
make it 100
Old 07-14-05, 11:08 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

People seem to fail to comprehend that a team has 14 or 15 players.

Think about this group and salivate:

Rasho; Nazr; Oberto
Duncan; Horry; Scola

Old 07-14-05, 11:09 AM
SpursReport Mod Geezer

Quote:
People seem to fail to comprehend that a team has 14 or 15 players.
Think about this group and salivate:
Rasho; Nazr; Oberto
Duncan; Horry; Scola
exactly.
Oberto replaces Marks and Scola replaces TMass.
Old 07-14-05, 11:10 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

MLE- for Oberto and Scola

LLE- SF or vet PG

minimum vets
Old 07-14-05, 11:12 AM
SpursReport Team Captain

Scola replaces TMass
would the great scola be happy with tmass minutes?
Old 07-14-05, 11:15 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducks
Scola replaces TMass
would the great scola be happy with tmass minutes?
are you kidding, Scola can't wait for his 3 ppg and 2 rpg not to mention his 20 DNP-CD
Old 07-14-05, 11:19 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Horry's minutes wll be very limited this season.
Old 07-14-05, 11:19 AM
SpursReport Assistant Coach

I don't see an overwhelming need for Oberto here, especially if Scola is the player we all hear he is.

I think Scola is the player with the long term NBA future - not Oberto.

I understand Dale Davis is being considered by the Spurs to be our "T-Mass/Willis" next season. Amente, have you heard anything on DD?
Old 07-14-05, 11:20 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by undertoh
are you kidding, Scola can't wait for his 3 ppg and 2 rpg not to mention his 20 DNP-CD
For the first part of the season, while Pop is keeping Horry rested, wouldn't Scola get Malik Rose minutes?