News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com

Go Back   SpursReport.com > SpursReport Fan Forums > Spurs and NBA Fan Feedback

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-05-05, 03:52 PM
SpursReport Rookie

hoopsworld says Spurs Exploring Other Options at PG...other than TP

I just read a headline in something called Hoopsworld that indicated the Spurs, unhappy with TP's playoff collapses are exploring other options. You have to log on to something called Texas Triangle to view the complete article. Does anyone have access to this to post the article???
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 07-05-05, 03:53 PM
SpursReport Assistant Coach

"Know your source."
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 07-05-05, 03:55 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Can somebody print out that article for me on really soft paper so I can wipe my butt with it?

That article uses hearsay from an agent on draft night about the Spurs being involved with some kind of trade to insinuate that they're shopping Parker. That kind of source has less credibility than me writing on this forum.

The writer also displays a keen recollection of things that did not happen in Finals games.
Old 07-05-05, 04:01 PM
SpursReport Mod Geezer

The only thing I have heard is that the Spurs are looking at vet PGs but to help Beno back up Parker not to replace Parker.

But of course, just as with every other player not named Duncan (and now maybe Manu,) the Spurs will make any deal that they feel will the team better. Many phones are ringing at agent's and GM's offices at this time of year.
Old 07-05-05, 04:03 PM
MomBear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusian
Can somebody print out that article for me on really soft paper so I can wipe my butt with it?
Old 07-05-05, 04:06 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

hoopsworld is a joke. They dont have any "real" sources

The dont have any source on what the FO thinks. Its all garbage. most of those articles are things people submit

I saw this article posted elsewhere and its pure crap. Im not even going to copy and paste it here
Old 07-05-05, 04:07 PM
SpursReport Rookie

I guess I should have known it was crap back when it said they signed Karl Malone....
Old 07-05-05, 04:08 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizzG
hoopsworld is a joke. They dont have any "real" sources

The dont have any source on what the FO thinks. Its all garbage. most of those articles are things people submit

I saw this article posted elsewhere and its pure crap. Im not even going to copy and paste it here
I just read it too. Pure crap.
Old 07-05-05, 04:09 PM
SpursReport Team Veteran

This, plus the rumors out of New York about the Knicks being approached by the Spurs about a Rasho/Parker for Stephon Marbury trade is starting to paint a clearer picture.
Old 07-05-05, 04:10 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

Isn't Hoopsworld that said Manu signed with the Nuggets last year and Malone signed with the Spurs this year?
Old 07-05-05, 04:15 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amente
The only thing I have heard is that the Spurs are looking at vet PGs but to help Beno back up Parker not to replace Parker.

But of course, just as with every other player not named Duncan (and now maybe Manu,) the Spurs will make any deal that they feel will the team better. Many phones are ringing at agent's and GM's offices at this time of year.
Actually about the spurs news. this spurs forum is more accurate and faster than any other source... I really appreciate guys like you amente.
Old 07-05-05, 04:24 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by spurssheriff
This, plus the rumors out of New York about the Knicks being approached by the Spurs about a Rasho/Parker for Stephon Marbury trade is starting to paint a clearer picture.
and what picture is that? From what Amente has said SA isnt shopping Parker

the hoopsworld article is bogus

I havent seen any "real" mention of that NY rumor anywhere. Someone said it was on some radio station in NY. Some in other forums said it was something the hosts threw out

I havent seen it in print anywhere as even a rumor. I dont belive its real.
Old 07-05-05, 04:25 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurs Brazil
Isn't Hoopsworld that said Manu signed with the Nuggets last year and Malone signed with the Spurs this year?
I thought the Manu-nuggets story was from RealGM.
Old 07-05-05, 04:25 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

I think so

but hoopsworld reported SA signed Malone
Old 07-05-05, 04:26 PM
SpursReport Team Veteran

Quote:
I thought the Manu-nuggets story was from RealGM.
Yes it was.
Old 07-05-05, 04:45 PM
SpursReport 2012 Pick The Winner Champion

Quote:
I expect Spurs to trade anyone BUT TD.
However Spurs backcourt in general was not their weakneses in PO, it was their frontcourt that was real exposed as their weakest link.

It would be a smart thing that Spurs shop big otherwise TD will get injured back if he just had to be overplayed in regular season and again in post season.

Saying that.. It is also possible if big guys are so hard to find or trade for, there is a small chance of a backcourt trading esp as Barry is not very reliable, and Beno the rookie was also not a very pleasing post season player...
Old 07-05-05, 05:08 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

a back up point is not a bad way too go but id prefer a back up small forward. and yeah, hoopsworld is pretty weak.
Old 07-05-05, 05:11 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Hoopsworld is horrible.
Old 07-05-05, 05:18 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

I wanted the link just to have a good laugh.
Old 07-05-05, 05:33 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

i found this at anothing spurs forum:

"The San Antonio Spurs are sitting pretty. Coming off of their second NBA championship in the Tim Duncan era, the Spurs have put the pieces in place that would seem to make them the odds-on favorites to win the Western Conference and the NBA title for years to come. Tim Duncan is certainly not going anywhere. He's signed through the 2007 season with a player option for 2008. The news is that the team has already lined up the man who will help extend Duncan's career. Manu Ginobili, who is quickly becoming the international equivalent of Michael Jordan (at least in terms of marketing), inked a fresh deal last summer that will keep him in black and white through the 2010 season. With those two in place, the Spurs have the foundation for many championships.

Some would say that Tony Parker's contract, which goes until 2011, gives the Spurs three solid rocks upon which to build a dynasty. Up until the Finals I would have been one of those people. Parker fell apart in the playoffs last season, but every player has a bad series. it's up to his teammates to pick him up and keep the team moving forward. The blame for the failure of the Spurs in the Lakers series of '04 cannot rest on Parker's shoulders alone. What is of concern, however, is the fact that Parker fell apart again this season - waiting until the late games of the Finals series to do it. His failure to show meant that guys like Robert Horry and Manu Ginobili had to make up for his lack of participation. It also showed the Spurs that perhaps they should consider going in a different direction at point guard.

The NBA Draft is a great place to meet people and talk about the game from the markets that don't usually get together to chat over a beer. We pass them in the locker room as we try to get to whichever player is giving an interview, but we don't spend a lot of time just chatting about the game. While there, we learned that Terry Stotts would be the next head coach of the Milwaukee Bucks, for instance. Milwaukee has been pursuing Flip Saunders, but the word from every team Saunders has spoken to is that he's not really serious about coaching this season. If Saunders opts to take a year off Stotts will be the man in Milwaukee. Lots of other tidbits came and went, some interesting, some purely speculation, and some just guys talking. Then one conversation suddenly turned to the San Antonio Spurs. My ears perked up.

An agent who is affiliated with one of the top point guards in the draft, under the condition that he remain nameless, hinted very strongly that the Spurs were very close to pulling a huge deal that would have shocked everyone. I asked if it involved Duncan or Manu and he said it did not - and that he couldn't say anything else about it. Clearly there is only one other person the Spurs could trade that would have shocked anyone - and the fact that this person is associated with a prominent college point guard only strengthens the feeling that Tony Parker was the one on the block.
So I ask the question: Has Tony Parker won his last ring?

Forgetting for a moment the embarrassment of watching Parker get outplayed by the aging Derrick Fisher in 2004, let's look at what Tony did in the playoffs this year. The first round saw Tony step up in games four and five. After looking like that miserable Parker of the '04 playoffs through the first three games (collectively 16-46 from the field for 34%), Parker finally arrived in 2005 with back-to-back outstanding games. In Game Four he scored 29 points, dished seven assists, and committed only two turnovers. He even hit 6-of-7 from the foul line. In Game Five his free throws went south (2-7), but he still dropped in 21 points to go with seven assists. He shot 20-of-36 in the last two games of the Denver series, good for 56%.

Parker started the second round the way he finished the first, making us thing that perhaps he had shrugged off his playoff doldrums. He scored 29 points in Game One against Seattle and 22 and 18 in the next two games. He committed just six turnovers over that span and dished out 18 assists. Unfortunately, when it came time to put the Sonics away Tony ran away and hid. He scored just 12.3 points per game over the last three contests of the series, he shot 38% from the field, and he was much less aggressive, as demonstrated by his nine trips to the line over those last three games. It didn't bode well for a player who was about to match up with the league's MVP.

When the Western Conference Finals started and Steve Nash welcomed Tony Parker to Phoenix, the young man from France showed no fear at all in the face of his daunting defensive assignment. Nash pretty much had his way with Tony, but the Spurs point guard gave as good as he got. Parker matched Nash point for point - they each had 29 - and helped the San Antonio defense force Nash into six turnovers while drawing five fouls. He then scored 24 points on 12-of-20 from the field as the Spurs swept the Suns in their series-opening homestand. Tony was brilliant, shooting 60% from the field and helping the Spurs shock the world at how fluidly and easily they could score the ball. As before, however, the more important the games became, the worse Tony played. As the series played out his shooting dropped off (35% on 16 points per over games 3, 4, and 5) and he turned the ball over at a pace of four per game while he averaged just 4.6 assists. He didn't earn a single trip to foul line in the deciding Game Five.

The NBA Finals was a completely different story. No strong start, no heroic moments, and only one decent offensive performance in a game that was a washout for the Spurs. Granted, playing against Chauncey Billups is much different from playing against Steve Nash, Andre Miller, or Luke Ridnour. Billups is arguably the best defensive point guard in the league, and when he is determined to get to the hole there aren't many people who can impede his progress. Faced with the kind of intensity that an NBA Finals MVP brings, Parker all but disappeared for seven games. The Pistons lagged off of Parker, using Billups to help double team Duncan in the post, and dared him to shoot. They didn't let him get into the paint, and after the first game he didn't really even try to force the issue. His three-point game is still in progress (we hope) and his free throw shooting reached new lows in the Finals, making Parker a virtual non-entity throughout the series. In Game Seven we began hoping he would get in foul trouble so he could stop turning the ball over. When the Spurs needed to stop Billups one last time in the waning moments, it was Bruce Bowen, not Parker who got the call. Tony averaged 13.9 points, 3.4 assists, and 3.14 turnovers per game in the Finals, while shooting 46% from the field, 14% from three, and 44% from the foul line.

Tony Parker is simply not a clutch performer. He has his nights, and has shown Spurs fans some moments of brilliance. He had some excellent games early in series throughout the playoffs, but when you talk about the kind of player who you want to be quarterbacking your team in the NBA Finals, Parker is simply not a guy who comes to mind. Gregg Popovich is mindful of this. He knows what he has and where his weaknesses are. He also knows that the more the Spurs have to call on Tim Duncan to make up for the lack of effort from someone else, the shorter Duncan's career is going to be. Clearly the Spurs would jump at the chance to bring in a better defender, a better shooter, and a tougher guard at the point. It appears they made an attempt to do so on draft night. We can only assume that they will continue to pursue other options as free agency sets in.

The San Antonio Spurs are going to win several more championships before Duncan and Ginobili take seats in the Hall of Fame. The question remains, however: has Tony Parker won his last ring?

Bill "The Rocket Guy" Ingram is Executive Editor for [email protected] HOOPSWORLD.COM and Swish Magazine and covers the Rockets, Mavs, and Spurs for Basketball News Services.

------------------------

so basicly this guy heard the spurs are close to making a trade, he just assumes it involves tony

Last edited by undertoh; 07-05-05 at 05:36 PM.
Old 07-05-05, 05:33 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

I don't read either of these publications and have no idea if they offer any value at all. However, if one takes a step back and looks at Spurs history, a trade involving Parker doesn't seem all that far fetched.

This past season, Parker was a real value still working off of his rookie contract (28th selection and all). Next season, Parker starts to make real money (and more than Manu at that).

Based on the contracts that the Spurs gave Parker and Manu last summer, you know that they expected TP to be the No. 2 player on this team. With Manu emerging as the most important Spur not named Duncan, it is possible that the Spurs would start exploring options.

The basic question, could Tim and Manu win another championship with a point guard who earns -- say $3 or $4 million per year? If the answer is "could be" then the Spurs financial side of the house may be open to a deal.

I doubt the Spurs would ever want Marburry. He is overpaid already and from a financial perspective the Spurs are probably much better off with Parker.
Old 07-05-05, 05:38 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

That article was pure garbage and its no surpise it was written by the "rocket guy"

having seen his stuff before all I can do is

Parker overall this playoffs was ok and much better than last year. he didnt "fall apart"
Old 07-05-05, 05:40 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

This article is pure opinion. What was the deal they tried to make on draft night? Not even a speculation on which team they talked to or which players were involved.
There were also names spelled wrong (Derrick Fisher?) and typos.
I put no stock into this "story".
Old 07-05-05, 05:41 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

Quote:
if one takes a step back and looks at Spurs history, a trade involving Parker doesn't seem all that far fetched.
Parker is one of the better guards in the league. His contract is Marker value...and in fact Parker on the market right now could prob get more than the Spurs paid him

I just dont buy they are looking to deal him. He is plenty good enough to be a part of a core that wins titles here.

I certainly dont put anything into something from freakin hoopsworld. Only fools would do that based on their track record. Fans at any team site knows they are a joke when it comes to inside info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnac The Magnificent
This article is pure opinion. What was the deal they tried to make on draft night? Not even a speculation on which team they talked to or which players were involved.
There were also names spelled wrong (Derrick Fisher?) and typos.
I put no stock into this "story".
for once we agree
Old 07-05-05, 05:41 PM
SpursReport Team Member

but if tony's traded, eva won't have a reason to come to our games anymore. that really worries me.
Old 07-05-05, 05:51 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Parker is one of the better guards in the league. His contract is Marker value...and in fact Parker on the market right now could prob get more than the Spurs paid him

I just dont buy they are looking to deal him. He is plenty good enough to be a part of a core that wins titles here.

I certainly dont put anything into something from freakin hoopsworld. Only fools would do that based on their track record. Fans at any team site knows they are a joke when it comes to inside info
FYI - I base nothing on these publications - never read them, unless an article happens to be posted on this board.

My thinking, which I started considering after the Malik trade, is based on a dollars and sense arguement and the fact that the Spurs are now committed to more salary expense then at anytime in their history.

I think the team will want to make a move to help lessen the blow of the big new contracts next season plus possibly adding Scola. We'll just have to wait to see what that move is.
Old 07-05-05, 06:09 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

Quote:
I think the team will want to make a move to help lessen the blow of the big new contracts next season plus possibly adding Scola. We'll just have to wait to see what that move is.
I would think Rasho would be moved way before SA decided to move Parker. The Spurs didnt have to sign him to that extension. It was Pop that really pushed for that to get done. He wanted Parker back from the reports. he knew SA would be in trouble this summer if they didnt do it. Im sure they planned for it
Old 07-05-05, 06:19 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

Parker has improved every year he's been here. There were times during the season when he single-handedly carried the team.

He had a few stellar games during this year's title run. There were playoff nights when his offense was way off. The same can be said for every other Spur player.

The '05 Finals were mostly a defensive struggle. TP's defense was never less than adequate, and it was frequently exceptional. It should be noted that he was the only Spur starter who didn't have a solid back-up player.

Lots of writers and posters evaluate players purely in terms of offensive performance. While offense certainly matters, Pop's Spur teams emphasize defense first.

I'm very happy with TP. His play is consistently improving. His contract is reasonable. He has the faith and support of his coach and his teammates.

Unless someone bowls the Spur FO with an amazing offer, Parker will be here for a long time.
Old 07-05-05, 06:20 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Parker ain't overpaid at all. He's got a lucrative contract, but it's deserved. When Fisher or Turkoglu can get $40+ million you get what you pay for. Parker is definitely worth far more than either of them. He's not overpaid at all, Manu is just ridiculously underpaid.
Old 07-05-05, 06:21 PM
SpursReport Team Member

The problem with trading Parker is who are we going to get that is better then him?
Old 07-05-05, 06:27 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

there is less than a handful of players I would consider moving him for

none of those are really avail. Marbury and Kidd are not on that list. Both have horrible contracts anyway besides other issues.

It just makes no sense to me that SA would actually move Parker right now. He's one of the better quards in the league despite what this idiot from hoopsworld thinks. It would be hard to upgrade
Old 07-05-05, 06:42 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Just today you were asking people here if they had heard about this rumor and now you are an expert on it. The rumors have all said that New York is the one shopping Marbury- and to a lot of teams.

As to Parker- were are supposed to believe the agent for one of the point guards in the draft. Now that's a credible guy. It probably all comes from the BS Pop threw out on his show that maybe the Spurs would move up in the draft and maybe they would look at point guards. The previous year he said the Spurs had no one they were interested in and would probably trade their first round pick, and instead they ended up with Beno and a giddy Pop.

I find it hard to believe the Spurs would move Parker for one of those college guys anyway.
Old 07-05-05, 06:57 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by BackHome
The problem with trading Parker is who are we going to get that is better then him?
Billups, Nash, Wade, Kidd, Bibby or Arenas... but I dont think any trade is going to happen.

Wade is untouchable. Billups is much older. Nash play no defense. Kidd is old and his salary is huge. Arenas is the guy to go in Washington.

Bibby? Eventually.
Old 07-05-05, 07:05 PM
FrenchConnection

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunkman
Billups, Nash, Wade, Kidd, Bibby or Arenas... but I dont think any trade is going to happen.

Wade is untouchable. Billups is much older. Nash play no defense. Kidd is old and his salary is huge. Arenas is the guy to go in Washington.

Bibby? Eventually.
Biby would be the only one who could leave his team. He is making more than TP, is older and wouldn't be a huge improvement. I am hoping that TP will continue to progress and be at the Bibby level already next year.
Old 07-05-05, 07:49 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunkman

Bibby? Eventually.
billups is 28, missing from that list, marbury 28, francis 28.
Old 07-05-05, 07:55 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

Quote:

for once we agree
They're not shopping him. But if there was the chance to get a better pg I don't think they'd turn it down.
Old 07-05-05, 07:56 PM
FrenchConnection

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason R
They're not shopping him. But if there was the chance to get a better pg I don't think they'd turn it down.
I agree as any other players in the Spurs roster. Nobody is untradable except Tim probably.
Old 07-05-05, 07:58 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

sure but when your dealing with not that many people that would be better for SA than Parker...and then take in accout those that may actually be avail. Its not likely he goes anywhere
Old 07-05-05, 08:00 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris FOM
Parker ain't overpaid at all. He's got a lucrative contract, but it's deserved. When Fisher or Turkoglu can get $40+ million you get what you pay for. Parker is definitely worth far more than either of them. He's not overpaid at all, Manu is just ridiculously underpaid.
if parker is market value then the wizards stole G. Arenas, he has the same contract (6 years, 64 million) but almost lead the league in scoring with 25 ppg.
Old 07-05-05, 08:02 PM
FrenchConnection

Quote:
Originally Posted by undertoh
if parker is market value then the wizards stole G. Arenas, he has the same contract (6 years, 64 million) but almost lead the league in scoring with 25 ppg.
they did.
Old 07-05-05, 08:10 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by frenchfred
they did.
agreed.
Old 07-05-05, 08:15 PM
FrenchConnection

Quote:
Originally Posted by undertoh
agreed.
Arenas is the only PG right now that makes the same type of money and who's better than TP (not counting Wade who will probably sign a max contract). All the others are more expensive.
Old 07-05-05, 08:20 PM
SpursReport Team Member

I doubt Parker is going anywhere. He is only 23--he will develop into a great player soon.
Old 07-05-05, 08:30 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 50MVP
If we would have had SJax or a shooter like him in 04 instead of Hedo we would have won. Replace Hedo with Horry and we just had a 3-peat
he played some defense in the playoffs and when all's said and done we won the championship, u cant have a duncan or ginobili type player at every position, hopefully parker will continue to improve, he's still very very young
Old 07-05-05, 09:54 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Wow, what a horrible article. His use of statistics is proof that you can make anything appear bad.

However, his mistake was in his final statement.

"Tony averaged 13.9 points, 3.4 assists, and 3.14 turnovers per game in the Finals, while shooting 46% from the field, 14% from three, and 44% from the foul line."

For a third scorer to average almost 14ppg is awesome. Especially at 46% from the field.

We know he is not a 3pt shooter, he never has been. Some PGs are (Nash, Billups, Damon Jones, Maurbary, Terry, Stoudemire) and some aren't (Payton, Kidd, Parker, Miller, Francis, Wade). So that is a wash. I would rather have a non-3pt shooting PG anyway. Look at the list, Nash and Billups hit most of their shots against us inside the 3pt line. And how many of Damon Jonses' 3s were set up by Wade's penetration.

Now, Parker is a horrible free throw shooter, and that is unacceptable, but fixable in an offseason. Malik did it. Wish Rasho could do it.

Lastly, Duncan and Manu had games in the playoffs that they didn't show up in as well. Such is the life of an NBA player. So Parker can't guard the bigger PGs on the block. It is just the same on the other side as no one can stay infront of him anyway.

We can't all have a 6-8 PG who scores 20 ppg, shoots 45% from the field, gets 8-9 assist per game, gets 6 rebounds per game, can beat you off the dribble, and can post you up on the block, unless you call Magic out of retirement.

PS: In response to that old trade KG thread: I would give up TP, Rasho, Devin, and maybe Horry to get KG and Hudson, as long as Hudson got rid of those stupid pigtails. What a dork. Ha Ha
Old 07-05-05, 10:03 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

reading this article again I have to laugh how pathetic it is

how could anyone base anything whatsoever on this?

"The Rocket Guy" has never been a good writer or accurate if you have read his crap on the past

The article is full of errors anyway. just off the top of my head he claims Parker disappeared for the whole finals when Parker outscored Manu on the road I believe. Parker had a tough matchup against Billups but its not like Parker sucked for the whole series. anyone with a brain expected Parker to have his hands full against someone who was bigger and stronger than him

Billups would have killed Nash and many other PGS

he complains about Parker turning the ball over in game 7...when he only had ONE turnover

he B1tched about PArkers defense when he had been better defensively this year and in the playoffs

Parker was also great defensively in the biggest game---game 7 where he only had 1-2 baskets scored on him the whole game

This guy comes off as a Spurs hater

and the Crap about some "agent" that isnt named mentioning something about a trade when he didnt even name Parker is laughable. We are supposed to believe that BS?
Old 07-05-05, 10:09 PM
SpursReport Team Member

The guy who wrote the article also conveniently leaves out the fact that in last year's Laker series, when LA packed the lane and cut off Tony's drives, he could have racked up tons of assists if our guys would have made their shots on the kick-outs. I don't see how that is all on Tony Parker.

And I couldn't even count the times in the Finals when Parker drove the lane and dumped a little pass to Nazr Mohammed that should have been an easy dunk, only to have Nazr drop it or for some unknown reason dribble the ball and let Ben Wallace or McDyess get set. That isn't all on Tony either. Tony didn't have a great Finals by any stretch, but I for one expected that against Billups, who I think is one of the best two point guards in the league. But the funny thing is that Tony was the best thing we had at the point, and we still won. I think a veteran back-up to complement Beno will help out a lot, as will being able to put 2 extra players on the playoff roster next year. Quite simply, Parker was all we had, and we wore him out.
Old 07-05-05, 11:26 PM
SpursReport Team Member

There's no crying in basketball either.

If your weaknesses become so evident that the opposition can exploit them, then an astute coach and F.O. will begin to look around for a replacement. I no longer think that Parker will develop into the outstanding All-star PG we all assumed he would be.

It may not be necessary to have an All-star PG to win championships in the future--but it is clear that the best teams are beginning to shore up their own weaknesses with trades. The Spurs will have to do the same to stay on top. If we have to trade Parker, remember there's no crying in basketball.
Old 07-05-05, 11:28 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

Parker is not a weakness for the Spurs. When your one of the better guards in the league at your position your not a weak link

the Spurs dont NEED a PG change
Old 07-05-05, 11:32 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

Quote:
-but it is clear that the best teams are beginning to shore up their own weaknesses with trades
When your not on the top your always trying to catch up

SA wont stand pat but its not like they NEED to start trading away. Keep your players like Horry and Brown, bring in Scola, get a vet backup PG etc..

they dont need to make BIG trades