News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com

Go Back   SpursReport.com > SpursReport Fan Forums > Spurs and NBA Fan Feedback

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-05-05, 01:56 AM
SpursReport Rookie

Tony Parker Overrated

Parker is not a top 5 point guard in this league even when he is playing with the best big man in this league. when u r a guard and u have a great big man on your team, the game would be alot easier, just look at damon jones and dwayne wade, look how much there stats and overall game improved when they play with shaq. Parker is playing with Duncan, and look at who Marbury is playing with, Malik, Kurt Thomas, Michael Sweetney, Mo Taylor. i think theres a huge difference playing alongside duncan than playing along side Kurt Thomas.

POINT GUARD WHO ARE BETTER THAN PARKER AT THIS STAGE: Jason Kidd, Steve Nash, Stephon Marbury, Chauncey Billups, Dwayne Wade, Baron Davis, Allen Iverson, Gilbert Arenas.

Alot of people say that Parker is only 23 and will continue to improve, well what people don't realize that Parker's game and consistency won't improve all that much until he fix that ugly ass jumper of his. This is what they said about Lamar Odom when he first came into the league at 19 or 20 years old that he will continue to improve, but he hasn't significantly improved since he cannot improve his shaky jumper of his. How many times have we seen good defensive team clog the lane in the playoff and Parker's game completely detoriorates. Not until Paker improve his jumper, his game and consistency won't improve all that much.

SWITCH PARKER TO ANY TEAM WITH THEIR PG:

TONY PARKER TO NETS, 76ERS, WIZARDS, KNICKS (OF 2003-2004 SEASON)

I WOULD BE VERY SUPRISED TO SEE PARKER LEAD THOSE TEAM TO THE PLAYOFF.

i can't stand some people in this forum talking like parker is leading his team to the playoff and marbury can't lead his team to the playoff. parker is not the reason we are in the playoff, manu and duncan is, we could prolly have jason hart as our starting pg and we'll still make the playoff. and the fact that everyone has got to admit is that the final series against the pistons could really go either way, if horry didn't make that miracle shot, detroit would prolly be the champions, and the forum would prolly be flooded with millions of TRADE PARKER THREAD, cuz no one can argue that he dissapeared in the FINALS AGAIN not even including the other series that he dissapeared in the past playoffs. and fans are saying parker played good defense, parker's role on the team isn't to be a defensive stopper like bowen, it is good that he's playing good defense, but didn't he get torched by billups other than game 7, anyone who remembered game 7 would know that Paker had a horrible game, he turned the ball over whenever he drove the lane, didn't get his teammates open shot(MANU AND DUNCAN WAS GETTING THE ROLE PLAYER THE OPEN SHOT) and Took Bad SHOT( 2 AIR BALL 3PT) and one silly foul at the end of game on hamilton. but with that saying i noticed parker played good defense in that game, but his overall game in game 7 and the entire series wasn't good. People just gotta realize that Parker is not top 5 point guard, and defintely not in the same level as STARBURY.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 07-05-05, 02:00 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

on the bright side, he didn't say "trade rasho"
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 07-05-05, 02:02 AM
Banned

Agreed
Old 07-05-05, 02:10 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by street_jack
Parker is not a top 5 point guard in this league even when he is playing with the best big man in this league. when u r a guard and u have a great big man on your team, the game would be alot easier, just look at damon jones and dwayne wade, look how much there stats and overall game improved when they play with shaq. Parker is playing with Duncan, and look at who Marbury is playing with, Malik, Kurt Thomas, Michael Sweetney, Mo Taylor. i think theres a huge difference playing alongside duncan than playing along side Kurt Thomas.

POINT GUARD WHO ARE BETTER THAN PARKER AT THIS STAGE: Jason Kidd, Steve Nash, Stephon Marbury, Chauncey Billups, Dwayne Wade, Baron Davis, Allen Iverson, Gilbert Arenas.

Alot of people say that Parker is only 23 and will continue to improve, well what people don't realize that Parker's game and consistency won't improve all that much until he fix that ugly ass jumper of his. This is what they said about Lamar Odom when he first came into the league at 19 or 20 years old that he will continue to improve, but he hasn't significantly improved since he cannot improve his shaky jumper of his. How many times have we seen good defensive team clog the lane in the playoff and Parker's game completely detoriorates. Not until Paker improve his jumper, his game and consistency won't improve all that much.

SWITCH PARKER TO ANY TEAM WITH THEIR PG:

TONY PARKER TO NETS, 76ERS, WIZARDS, KNICKS (OF 2003-2004 SEASON)

I WOULD BE VERY SUPRISED TO SEE PARKER LEAD THOSE TEAM TO THE PLAYOFF.

i can't stand some people in this forum talking like parker is leading his team to the playoff and marbury can't lead his team to the playoff. parker is not the reason we are in the playoff, manu and duncan is, we could prolly have jason hart as our starting pg and we'll still make the playoff. and the fact that everyone has got to admit is that the final series against the pistons could really go either way, if horry didn't make that miracle shot, detroit would prolly be the champions, and the forum would prolly be flooded with millions of TRADE PARKER THREAD, cuz no one can argue that he dissapeared in the FINALS AGAIN not even including the other series that he dissapeared in the past playoffs. and fans are saying parker played good defense, parker's role on the team isn't to be a defensive stopper like bowen, it is good that he's playing good defense, but didn't he get torched by billups other than game 7, anyone who remembered game 7 would know that Paker had a horrible game, he turned the ball over whenever he drove the lane, didn't get his teammates open shot(MANU AND DUNCAN WAS GETTING THE ROLE PLAYER THE OPEN SHOT) and Took Bad SHOT( 2 AIR BALL 3PT) and one silly foul at the end of game on hamilton. but with that saying i noticed parker played good defense in that game, but his overall game in game 7 and the entire series wasn't good. People just gotta realize that Parker is not top 5 point guard, and defintely not in the same level as STARBURY.
I agee with you im tired of some people making excuses for Parker i like Tony but for some to say they wouldnt want Marbury for Parker is funny.Parkers okay but his jump shot sucks Marbury is a hell of a lot better than Tony i say this because its true Parker doesnt have the mental and physical toughness that Marbury has and the shooting touch.Parker is okay but he can be inconsistent.And Marbury averaged more assist than Parker that right there says Marbury isnt selfish.There both shoot first point guards to.If Parker doesnt get traded thats cool but to not want to trade him for a Marbury thats pathetic. DUNCAN+GINOBLII+MARBURY=HOLLY$HIT GO SPURS GO
Old 07-05-05, 02:11 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by undertoh
on the bright side, he didn't say "trade rasho"
Old 07-05-05, 02:13 AM
SpursReport Team Member

He must be NEW.

Where are the Parker defenders? Ducks will find you and quack all over you if you don't ease up.

Hmm. Kobe Bryant goes from ALL-NBA 1st team like 5 years in a row to ALL-NBA 3rd team and not a sniff from ALL-NBA Defensive team. Wonder why? Maybe since 7-1 340 is missing from the post, could that have something to do with it.

All great teams have dominant players on the interior and strong players from the perimeter. It's a staple of strong inside-out teams.

So what you're saying applies to many teams. But for Parker, just like any Spur, he does what his defined role is. Sometimes he'll expand and give you more, like when both Tim & Manu were hurting but other than that...he is just filling Pop's needs at PG to the best of his ability.
Old 07-05-05, 02:16 AM
SpursReport Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Man In Black
He must be NEW.

Where are the Parker defenders? Ducks will find you and quack all over you if you don't ease up.

Hmm. Kobe Bryant goes from ALL-NBA 1st team like 5 years in a row to ALL-NBA 3rd team and not a sniff from ALL-NBA Defensive team.

All great teams have dominant players on the interior and strong players from the perimeter. It's a staple of strong inside-out teams.

So what you're saying applies to many teams. But for Parker, just like any Spur, he does what his defined role is. Sometimes he'll expand and give you more, like when both Tim & Manu were hurting but other than that...he is just filling Pop's needs at PG to the best of his ability.
yes i agree with u but my point is that parker is not top 5 and nowhere close to the level of starbury.
Old 07-05-05, 02:28 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

Dude, you are a little overboard. Or a lot overboard.
Even your assesment of Lamar Odom is way off base.

See guys, this is a "Parker-hater". I don't sound like this, do I?
Old 07-05-05, 02:31 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Man In Black
He must be NEW.

Hmm. Kobe Bryant goes from ALL-NBA 1st team like 5 years in a row to ALL-NBA 3rd team and not a sniff from ALL-NBA Defensive team. Wonder why? Maybe since 7-1 340 is missing from the post, could that have something to do with it.

Yea but with Marbury the spurs would be getting a hell of a lot more at the pg position it doesnt hurt to upgrade with a player like Marbury.
Old 07-05-05, 02:35 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

I'm not sure Marbury is an upgrade. He's been shuffled all over the league for a reason. He's not a team player. He wants to get "his". He's a point guard with Gervin's agenda.
Old 07-05-05, 02:37 AM
SpursReport Rookie

"POINT GUARD WHO ARE BETTER THAN PARKER AT THIS STAGE: Jason Kidd, Steve Nash, Stephon Marbury, Chauncey Billups, Dwayne Wade, Baron Davis, Allen Iverson, Gilbert Arenas."

Point guards on your list who have one, much less two rings.....
Old 07-05-05, 02:37 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duncan21
Yea but with Marbury the spurs would be getting a hell of a lot more at the pg position it doesnt hurt to upgrade with a player like Marbury.
First of all, Marbury would never want to play here. Didn't he leave the T-wovles to play near NY? Marbury is better then parker, but that doesn't make him a good fit here. Also, Marbury is 10x the ball hog parker is, i want to see movement and passes not one on one BS. NO THANKS.

edit: isn't it marbury's quote that goes,"when in doubt, shoot!"
something tells me marbury is full of doubt.

Last edited by undertoh; 07-05-05 at 02:44 AM.
Old 07-05-05, 02:38 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnac The Magnificent
I'm not sure Marbury is an upgrade. He's been shuffled all over the league for a reason. He's not a team player. He wants to get "his". He's a point guard with Gervin's agenda.
With his physical and mental toughness along with his consistent jumpshot he would be a upgrade.
Old 07-05-05, 02:40 AM
SpursReport Rookie

In Breaking News Tony Parker Leads His Team To A Championship ........

SpursReport Team Starter

^^^^
No, he'd just want to be Da Man.
Marbury is not a point gaurd, and he's no disciplined enough to run an offense to a title. Parker might not have all the tools to be the perfect point guard, but he is disciplined enough to know what needs to be done.
SpursReport Team Member

First off Me-Bury is a team destroyer.

Tell me what this loser has accomplished in his career?? He had virtually the same squad (Joe Johnson, Matrix and Amare) that a 30+ year old Nash had in Phoenix and didn't take them anywhere. This guy has a history that clearly shows whenever he leaves a team they quickly improve.

Nets with Mebury ---> Lottery

Mebury Leaves Nets and in comes Jason Kidd ---> 2 NBA final appearances

Suns with Mebury ----> 1st round exit

Suns with Nash -----> WCF

Better yet, talk to his teammates. Amare Stoudemire is on the books as admitting to being frustrated playing with stephon. Well of course he was, he never got to see the ball. Stephon lead the suns in scoring while he was with them. Not a very good stat for a team such as the Spurs that actually wants a pg that can run an offense and help his teammates (don't forget stephon's "all alone" incident where he wrote that statement on his shoes in Jersey.... even though he could have balled with KG in minny). Anybody who wants Mebury over Parker is showing that they are more of an "And1" type fan instead of a NBA fan.

Mebury over Parker one on one in the playground, style points included???

In a heartbeat!

Mebury over Parker leading a Championship team directed by MR DISCIPLINE Greg Popovich???

Never.

Jerry West
Old 07-05-05, 02:41 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmolina
In Breaking News Tony Parker Leads His Team To A Championship ........

Tim Duncan led the team to a title, not Parker.
Old 07-05-05, 02:49 AM
SpursReport Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnac The Magnificent
Dude, you are a little overboard. Or a lot overboard.
Even your assesment of Lamar Odom is way off base.

See guys, this is a "Parker-hater". I don't sound like this, do I?
how is my assessment of lamar odom off base. He entered the league very young, same with parker. both have ability to be great player considered there ages, but both have a very ugly jumper. parker is a scoring point guard, i don't even know if parker is top 20 in league in terms of getting teammates involved. so with that saying until parker fix that ugly-ass ***** jumper of his, his game will continue to remain inconsistent. just like odom, they could both take the ball to the hole whenever they want to because they both have a speed advantage over their oponent, but living in LA, i notice that odom's offensive game is very inconsistent also because his jumper is not consistent, so whenever player like this are face with a tough defensive team, there game would detoriorate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLogo
First off Me-Bury is a team destroyer.

Tell me what this loser has accomplished in his career?? He had virtually the same squad (Joe Johnson, Matrix and Amare) that a 30+ year old Nash had in Phoenix and didn't take them anywhere. This guy has a history that clearly shows whenever he leaves a team they quickly improve.

Nets with Mebury ---> Lottery

Mebury Leaves Nets and in comes Jason Kidd ---> 2 NBA final appearances

Suns with Mebury ----> 1st round exit

Suns with Nash -----> WCF

Better yet, talk to his teammates. Amare Stoudemire is on the books as admitting to being frustrated playing with stephon. Well of course he was, he never got to see the ball. Stephon lead the suns in scoring while he was with them. Not a very good stat for a team such as the Spurs that actually wants a pg that can run an offense and help his teammates (don't forget stephon's "all alone" incident where he wrote that statement on his shoes in Jersey.... even though he could have balled with KG in minny). Anybody who wants Mebury over Parker is showing that they are more of an "And1" type fan instead of a NBA fan.

Mebury over Parker one on one in the playground, style points included???

In a heartbeat!

Mebury over Parker leading a Championship team directed by MR DISCIPLINE Greg Popovich???

Never.

Jerry West
what u r forgeting to say is that the point guard who came in to replace marbury is all the leagues best pass first point guard, when kidd came to nets, he was a strong mvp candidate, when nash went to suns, he won MVp. but if we trade for marbury its not like we r replacing a great"GET EVERYONE INVOLVED PG LIKE NASH OR KIDD" in parker to a "EXCELLENT SCORING PG" in Marbury. WHAT we r doing is replacing our scoring pg with a hella better and tougher scoring PG.
Old 07-05-05, 02:52 AM
SpursReport Team Member

LIving in LA you have noticed Odom to be inconsistent??

Maybe you should have lived in Miami.

It is no secret, though they are friends, that Odom was not comfortable much of the season playing with Bryant. He is a man that needs the ball in his hands a significant amount of time. Watch the games where Kobe is hurt and you will see a much smoother, and more efficient Lamar Odom playing. In miami with the unselfish Wade distributing the ball, LO was turning into an allstar.

Lakers were a bad destination for Odom. PJ is probably the one saving grace for LO though. As Kobe, who has to be humbled by his horrible performance this season, will have to buy into Phil's philosophy and his teammates will see the ball alot more.

-J.W.
Old 07-05-05, 02:53 AM
SpursReport 2012 Pick The Winner Champion

Pop would have proposed a trade and accepted offers for trade ideas IF he had thought TP is not good.

Pop and his assistants has been working on Parker to be a better fit for the Spurs team for few years.

If Pop and staff did not see any improvment..BELIEVE ME.. They would never let him hang around.

Jason Kidd was a proposal JUST because TD wanted him and liked playing with him, and Plus JKidd was top PG at that time.....However with when Spurs FO were thinking about bringing JKidd they wanted TP to go to a SG or to a back up...They did not want to trade him...

Tony now is more familiar with the Spurs system and MOST IMPORTANTLY he FITS with the system.

Tony is NOT perfect but he is on his way to get to perfect...And had been improving and still has the whole yard to prove it to anyone who doubt him that he will be one of the best PG ever in the NBA.
I can't stand people who keep de credit anything positive TP had done.

Only him fits here right now, because all other candidates are either too OLD or injury prone or already injured or not able to have the perfect trainable poise enough to run the show the way POP wants it...

SAY NO TO MARBURY TO SA
Old 07-05-05, 02:59 AM
SpursReport Team Member

ANd in response to Parker again...

You don't seem to understand the problem here. Mebury is not just a scoring pg. He is a DOMINATE the ball, dribble for 20 out of 24 secs of the shot clock, not pass to the open man, sulking-team character destorying-crying scoring pg.

Tony Parker does his job. He gets the Offense going. Is he in J. Kidd's or Nash's league?? Nope. But he protects the ball well bringing it up the floor, does a good job getting the ball to Timmy in position, listens to the coach, pushes and looks for opportunities when the time is right and rarely overdribbles.

If Stephon Marbury came to the Spurs you might as well say goodbye to Ginobili. Marbury has a major problem sharing the ball and Manu would never see the rock. Soon as anyone said anything to Marbury he would sulk and shut Manu out completely. Popovich would have to bench him and Mebury would go tell the press that he is the victim here. Why can't everyone see that he is the one that needs the ball.

Seriously, this guy would destroy the team.

-J.W.
Old 07-05-05, 03:15 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

Huh?

Odom is a freak. He's 6-10 with agility. But he's 6-10, he's not supposed to be able to shoot. But he can, and very well at that.

OK, this is not a constructive thread. More hate than serious opinions.
Come back with something better.
Old 07-05-05, 03:16 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Obviously, Parker is not yet consistent player all of us hope he will be one day, but he is 23 and has been playing for a few years now in the same system. I think with improved jump-shot, he will become one of the better pointguards in the league. On the other hand, he is very good defender. Just remember game 7, he couldn't hit a shot, but got praised by Pop due to his defensive effort. Also, he is already veteran on two championship teams and has 60+ playoffs games. It's not like he disappeared for all those games. He will be fine.

And Marbury, please. Every team that traded him became some 20, 30 wins better without him without other significant roster changes. Nuf said.
Old 07-05-05, 04:15 AM
SpursReport Team Member

StreetJack, do yourself a favor and use your head for a second. If anything this was Parkers best season ever. He gave us 16-20 points almost every contest the guy was having his best season ever and his best postseason ever as well. Agreed that to say Parker is better then Nash or Kidd or even me-bury is kinda going overboard. But Parker is better then alot of other pgs in this league and hes the perfect one for this team. He fits here and if anything that ugly jumper has improved more so this year then it ever has. Man stop hating you front runner. Parker was a key reason we won the title this year. Man it pisses me off when people like this dont see that having Parker gave us another weapon and more of an advantage in the playoffs. Dude if your a hater then whatever but if your a true spurs fan at the heart you wont be saying stupid crap like this. We won the title you should be enjoying this offseason rather then bashing someone like Parker and being blind on the kind of year this kid had. He may never be like Kidd or Nash BUT HE DOESNT HAVE TO. WE WON 2 TITLES WITH HIM BEING LIKE THIS, AND IM CONTENT WITH IT!!!!!
Old 07-05-05, 04:30 AM
SpursReport Rookie

Ok. PGs I would trade TP for. First Wade, if we don't have to ship out 3 good players. I like Kirk in Bulls and Gilbert too. So, they probably can be in the list.

I know Tony is not perfect. And he is probably not top 5 PGs in our league right now.

But I would consider his age too. Or other PG's age.

I don't know how old Marbury is. But he is close to 30, right?

Kidd, Allen, Chancey, Nash and Marbury....they probably can give you good 3-5 years, the level better than TP,,,maybe.
But TP will give you 9-12...I guess if we consider age wise.

And who would like to say or guarantee he won't improve? He has already shown me he has improved. When you consider the learning curve or peak of the player.....what age would it be?
I think people generally say late 20s. Considering that Parker has a lot of years ahead of him and he has not been injury prone either, I wouldn't really want to trade him for older PGs. And it is not like Tony really sucks either. He is called one of Top 3s in our team.

How hard is it to find a good PG?

Billups had to get around a lot before he could establish himself. He was at first so swamped by high expectation coming with #3 draft choice so that people got frustrated with him easily. And you know all those other teams are regretting big time now about dumping him. Especially TWolves. Oh...I can hear their frustration. Sam was good for one year before the playoffs and then old-age and injury came back to haunt them. Only if Sam was healthy, it was possible they could beat Lakers. If, If ,..if. You know only if does not cut it.

About Kidd...We are like....Wow...we are saying now it was a good thing we passed on him. Or he passed on us. Or at least I am very relieved. Right after we tried to sign him, he got injured and had to leave most of the year. If we got him and then he got injured, everybody would be really angry to those who let TP go.
The thing is that nobody is immune to injury. But we really don't want old guys to get seriously injured especially when we had to pay max $$ and ship everybody else on the team to other teams to win some championships, because they have only small windows of good years on them to help the team over the top and the injury to older body is definetly definetly worse than the injury to much younger guys. We all know that.

I believe Tony is good enough to stay on this team. And we have a good system and chemistry here. So, I wouldn't really want to trade him for some other PGs unless it is one-on-one with Wade or Gilbert. But you know they would never want to do that. So. I don't believe TP is on the trading blocks on Pop's mind, because he would never get the same value.

If TP hindered us from getting the championship, it was a possibility. But no. We wond 2 championships with him. So. defeinite No.

Also I remember TP played good a lot during palyoffs. Yes, he is inconsistent...maybe. But TD was inconsistent too with that same logic. The only guy I remeber being consistent is Manu. Manu won a lot of games for us when TD and/or TP were giving us big scores. Horry was consistent too, even if it was not big scores all the time.

TP played a good D. So, he was never big D liability during playoffs run. He also played very good offensively for first 3 rounds of playoffs. I think it had a lot to do with matchups. Please let's not talk about Pistons series. Difficult matchup and big guys in the paint. His impact may have not been as big as Manu or TD. But we should lower the expectation and accept the fact he is now the 3rd guy on our team. And the good thing is TP is accepting that too, which is a very good thing for the team chemistry. But I remember a lot of games he had a good enought big impact.

The funny thing is that....there were more PGs we talked about being better than Tony last year. Steve Francis and Bibby maybe. Although Steve is very talented, he is already going on to the backup PG in Orlando!!! And reliable jump shooter bibby sucked big time this year during playoffs.

So??? So far, I don't think TP disappointed anybody too much so far.

Last edited by manu 008; 07-05-05 at 04:32 AM.
Old 07-05-05, 05:05 AM
SpursReport Rookie

Welcome Parker, to Singapore!

Welcome PArker, to the lion city.

Once you touch to the city, you can spot me easily. I am the one waving that huge placecard, saying:

"FREE SPUR'S CAP SPACE!!!

YOU'RE SOME $30MIL OVER-PAID!

PASS YOUR SOME OF YOUR PILE TO GINOBOLI!"

Only then, do you have my support for France's bid on the 2012 Olympic games.

Old 07-05-05, 05:27 AM
SpursReport Team Member

I fail to see your point....or at least I hope so...
Old 07-05-05, 05:43 AM
SpursReport Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebabouin
I fail to see your point....or at least I hope so...
I have nothing against Parker;

It is just that, unlike you guys at the other side of the Pole,
this is probably the ONLY chance I get to see a Spur's PG in flesh.

Besides the ESPN cable,
I might NEVER see another one "live" again.

So, I better make the most of it...

Still, if he can help us by freeing some cap space like what the Admiral did....

Last edited by J-spurs; 07-05-05 at 05:46 AM.
Old 07-05-05, 05:49 AM
SpursReport Team Member

If Paris reckons the presence of celebrities may aid their chances on the Olympic bid, perhaps Thierry Henry may serve the occasion better. People outside of France and San Antonio are at best lukewarm to the presence of "Le Miserable Passer."
Old 07-05-05, 06:08 AM
SpursReport Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-spurs
I have nothing against Parker;

It is just that, unlike you guys at the other side of the Pole,
this is probably the ONLY chance I get to see a Spur's PG in flesh.

Besides the ESPN cable,
I might NEVER see another one "live" again.

So, I better make the most of it...

Still, if he can help us by freeing some cap space like what the Admiral did....
What did admiral do?
Old 07-05-05, 06:12 AM
SpursReport Rookie

yeah... he may not be part of the top 5 PG in the league.. but, hey, let me remind you that the spurs didnt won the championship if its not with the help of TP... that is why "teamwork" became a word here on earth...
im not saying that TP was the main man... hence, he became a part of this championship, at least he contributed some points...
tell me these bad things if he didnt do anything, even a single thing for the spurs!
and besides... he's still a kid compared to others, i presume...

hey.. i thought this is a pro-spurs site... and if it is.. you guys should support everything about them!..

)
Old 07-05-05, 06:28 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

TP haters are so bloody insane
Old 07-05-05, 06:34 AM
SpursReport Rookie

Dear Kimberly, I maybe wrong but....

The Admiral allowed the Spurs to RE-WRITE his CONTRACT.

No superstar, not even all the greats and legends, did so much to the team, the management, and the city.

HE had effectively GAVE BACK $60million to the team by removing the clause in his contract of being NO LESS than the 2nd BEST PAID CENTER in the NBA.

Try topping that move. Ask Shaq to do such thing, and I'll lick his king-kong shoes.

Banners to welcome Le Pete:

"66 MILLION DOLLAR INVISIBLE MAN"

"BILLUP'S FRENCH FOOD"

"PARKER + CRUNCH TIME = BENCH TIME"

"LE CHOKER"

Still...jokes aside, We love you anyway Tony! Welcome to Singapore!
Old 07-05-05, 08:21 AM
MomBear

Thank god it will be a short offseason....
Old 07-05-05, 08:41 AM
SpursReport Assistant Coach

It's threads like these that make me harken back to the days when Vinnie was our pt. guard. The reality is that since I can remember only 3 pt. guards have been consistently good enough to help the Spurs well, 4, Silas, Gale, Moore and Avery. And even Avery got a lot of heat, but now we have a good young pt. guard whose still needs a lot of work but whose athletic skills, speed and quickness are giving every team in the league headaches. Whether anyone wants to admit it or not, every team we play has to have a game plan for Tony, his speed and quickness demand it. If and when Tony finds a way to adapt to what the defenses do to him and the team I think he will become a great pt. guard, but right now I think he is still pretty good.
Old 07-05-05, 08:45 AM
SpursReport Rookie

From the comments of pillyspurslover and Mombear, (or the lack of it) I realised that there are people that actually AGREE with with wildful, irresponsible dig at Parker.

Admit it. He chocked at 4th qtrs, couldn't guard Billups so much so that Bowen took OVER during the critical moments in the Finals.

Heck, I am not expecting some Superman out of Parker:- that's Manu's character. BUT! Can you imagine if we hadn't paid a pile to Parker, who is $14million MORE than Manu?

We could have fixed up Scola, ring in Oberto, and STILL HAVE TONS TO SPARE for Horry and a couple of QUALITY free agents!!!

Any hardcore fans out there to dispite my maths?
Old 07-05-05, 08:55 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-spurs
From the comments of pillyspurslover and Mombear, (or the lack of it) I realised that there are people that actually AGREE with with wildful, irresponsible dig at Parker.

Admit it. He chocked at 4th qtrs, couldn't guard Billups so much so that Bowen took OVER during the critical moments in the Finals.

Heck, I am not expecting some Superman out of Parker:- that's Manu's character. BUT! Can you imagine if we hadn't paid a pile to Parker, who is $14million MORE than Manu?

We could have fixed up Scola, ring in Oberto, and STILL HAVE TONS TO SPARE for Horry and a couple of QUALITY free agents!!!

Any hardcore fans out there to dispite my maths?
Uh he makes more over 6 years, the differnce per year won't bring in anyone you've mentioned. Parker has come a long way and has room to improve and a lot of time to get there. It was a long trip to the championship and he had a lot to do with getting us there. I'm sure you want to have TD re work his contract for missing free throws in game 5.
Old 07-05-05, 09:10 AM
MomBear

J-Spur... my "lack of response" is because this is a silly post. You act like as if we lost game 7 and it was all Tony's fault!!! Your feelings for Tony are apparent and we all know now you don't like him. Well not everyone is going to like every Spur. But like Ryvin1 said:

Quote:
Uh he makes more over 6 years, the differnce per year won't bring in anyone you've mentioned. Parker has come a long way and has room to improve and a lot of time to get there. It was a long trip to the championship and he had a lot to do with getting us there. I'm sure you want to have TD re work his contract for missing free throws in game 5.
Old 07-05-05, 09:10 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryvin1
Re-work Duncan's contract?

Duncan is in a different league from Parker. Replace Duncan with any other big man (even Snaq O'Meal), and we will not even sniff the finals. Replace Parker with a PG of lower value, say Speedy Claxton, and we can still win championships.
Old 07-05-05, 09:12 AM
MomBear

I think I'm going to merge these two I hate Tony Parker threads...
Old 07-05-05, 09:18 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Street jack is overrated. Oh, no , sorry, he is not rated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaq Attaq

Duncan is in a different league from Parker. Replace Duncan with any other big man (even Snaq O'Meal), and we will not even sniff the finals. Replace Parker with a PG of lower value, say Speedy Claxton, and we can still win championships.
You are wrong. Team means nobody is irreplaceable...and everybody is. I fwe lose Tim, or...Bruce or Manu or TONY, we would have lost to detroit.
Old 07-05-05, 09:36 AM
SpursReport Rookie

Marbury is NOT an upgrade over Parker. Alot of people don't seem to realize that we don't need Parker to score. Marbury looks for his shot 1st. We don't need that. All you have to do is look at the Knicks last year. You think'll that's an upgrade? I don't think so.
Old 07-05-05, 09:50 AM
SpursReport Rookie

I recall in the Olympics Marbury couldn't hit the side of a barn. His jump shot sucked. He goes through hot and cold stretches just like Tony. All TP had to do is shoot free throws better and shoot his jumper with just a little more frequency and consistency. He already gets to lane at will. He isn't going to average more than 7 assits a year and people should understand that. Tony is a scoring PG and the offense does not require him to do anything outside his sklills. It's true their are better points than TP. But he's the best point guard the spurs have had in a long time. I can recall before Avery came the spurs were dying because they didn't have a PG. The team is lucky to have the one they have.
Old 07-05-05, 09:51 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaq Attaq

My comment was to point out how crazy the rework TP contract comment is.. TD is the reason we win, I love Manu but TD is the reason we win. Tony is a good point guard and I think he is getting fair market value, if he didn't go for the extension I'm sure he could have gotten more elsewhere.
Old 07-05-05, 10:19 AM
SpursReport Team Captain

what the hell is with the PArker hate?

The guy isnt overpaid. He was paid a market value at the time

and if the Spurs hadnt re-signed him he would be getting near max offers this summer. The Spurs got a great deal
Old 07-05-05, 04:15 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizzG

The guy isnt overpaid. He was paid a market value at the time

and if the Spurs hadnt re-signed him he would be getting near max offers this summer. The Spurs got a great deal
There are like 47 Trade Rasho threads, so Tony has to catch up. You should be used to it by now.
Old 07-05-05, 07:16 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Trdi, I know you and I used to have a pretty passionate argument sometime ago, but you make my day whenever I see a trade tony or a trade rasho thread
Old 07-05-05, 07:17 PM
SpursReport Team Veteran

Why the F-k is this thread named: Welcome Parker, to Sinagapore!

Atleast have the decency to call this: "The Tony Parker bashing thread" so I can avoid tainting my eyes.

But no, this has to under a misleading title.
Old 07-05-05, 07:23 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Quote:
he is french
Old 07-05-05, 07:36 PM
FrenchConnection

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alamo Girl
Why the F-k is this thread named: Welcome Parker, to Sinagapore!

Atleast have the decency to call this: "The Tony Parker bashing thread" so I can avoid tainting my eyes.

But no, this has to under a misleading title.
agreed, the original poster probably knew that his thread wasn't going to be well accepted, the biggest reason being that he is mostly wrong but that's okay everybody has the right to express their opinion.