News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com

Go Back   SpursReport.com > SpursReport Fan Forums > Spurs and NBA Fan Feedback

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-01-05, 11:04 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

"Lakers pick says he will be an allstar in 2 years"

http://www.latimes.com/sports/basket...adlines-sports

Bynum says he hopes to follow mostly in the successful shadow of Garnett. When asked Thursday how soon he thought he could develop into an All-Star, he answered without hesitation.

"Realistically, I think that could happen in the first two years," he said. "It just depends on how much work I can put in and I'm going to put in a lot."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You all think this kid is THAT good?

How long did it take Kobe and Garnett to become an allstar?

Maybe he's the next Lebron and we don't even know it

What do you all think?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 07-01-05, 11:08 PM
SpursReport Team Veteran

I am personally pulling for Bynum. But all UConn fans wished he came to play for Calhoun for a couple of years. But when you going to be drafted that high or in the first round, you have to go.

There were some concerns w/ him when there was an apparent Torn ACL he sustained earlier in the year. But it turned out to be a minor knee injury. He recovered.

I wish him nothing but the best. I support all Husky players.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 07-01-05, 11:16 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

I think it was a bad pick for LA

but I seriously doubt he is an AS in two years

the guy is just a KID and hasnt done anything yet
Old 07-01-05, 11:23 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Try five years Andrew...It will take you at LEAST 2 to 3 years to learn the NBA game. You wil not get the calls you want and the refs will have a ball messing with your head. Not to mention the Western Conference guys will give you a REAL intro to the NBA.
Old 07-01-05, 11:26 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Maybe we could trade Rasho for him.
Old 07-01-05, 11:40 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Oh, this poor, poor kid. The more he talks, the more people are going to love dunking on him.

Good to hear a confident guy who stresses work ethic, but there are just so many question marks with a pick like this.
Old 07-01-05, 11:44 PM
SpursReport Team Veteran

Poor Guy.... I hope Magloire shuts this kid up
Old 07-01-05, 11:53 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Based on Phil Jackson history of not wanting to play rookies it's not a given this kid will even have seen the floor in two years.

In spite of everyone associatied with the 2nd best team in LA towing the company line on this Phil can not be pleased with this pick. IF this kid ever ends up making an AS team it will be long after Phil has retired for good.
Old 07-02-05, 12:00 AM
SpursReport Team Member

In other news, Steven Hunter wonder why wasn't he invited to the All Star in Denver.
Old 07-02-05, 12:30 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

I hope he turns out into the next Shawn Bradley.
Old 07-02-05, 01:04 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

The kid reminds of Thomas Hamilton or a Jerome James. We shall see if he truly has what it takes.
Old 07-02-05, 01:12 AM
SpursReport Rookie

his all mouth... hopefully he'll have brains to pull off his tricks... to bynum: SHUT UP and PLAY... and show me what you got....
Old 07-02-05, 02:16 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizzG
I think it was a bad pick for LA

but I seriously doubt he is an AS in two years

the guy is just a KID and hasnt done anything yet
i agree, maybe he is an all star in the nbdl!!!

Whatever. dont talk that before you even step foot on the court... Cocky players become Losers!!!!!!!!

"Today's game is style over substance. He's the opposite. He's substance over style. I think he's appreciated. I don't think he's adored."
Dave Odom, Duncan's college coach
Old 07-02-05, 02:20 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

how does someone who only avg 20 points a game against high schoolers claim he can quickly become a all star? dang, i avg 8 points a game in high school how does a 7 footer not score 30 to 40 points a game?
Old 07-02-05, 06:01 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurs biggest fan

You all think this kid is THAT good?

How long did it take Kobe and Garnett to become an allstar?
Kobe was an all-star in his rookie year. Fans make the votes, remember.
Old 07-02-05, 06:04 AM
SpursReport Assistant Coach

25 career high school games he's played. From that little of play to an all star in say 164 games in 2 years(which of course he won't play all of those games). That's asking a lot.

And he won't be voted in, because we all know Yao will take center position for the next decade, I'm sure.

"When nothing seems to help, I go look at a stonecutter hammering away at this rock perhaps 100 times without as much as a crack showing in it. Yet at the 101st blow, it will split in two and I know it was not that blow that did it. But all that had gone before." - Jacob Riis
Old 07-02-05, 06:04 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyleo
Oh, this poor, poor kid. The more he talks, the more people are going to love dunking on him.
He said Duncan is his favorite player.
Old 07-02-05, 06:11 AM
SpursReport Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandito
He said Duncan is his favorite player.
He couldn't say Shaq was his favourite and expect to be on the good side of GM KObe, could he? just kidding.
Old 07-02-05, 06:20 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preterist
He couldn't say Shaq was his favourite and expect to be on the good side of GM KObe, could he? just kidding.
In related news: Shaq does pay for love according to a groupie to the stars. Has to put 10K in a groupie's bank acct to get play.
Old 07-02-05, 06:27 AM

Quote:
In related news: Shaq does pay for love according to a groupie to the stars. Has to put 10K in a groupie's bank acct to get play.
So Shaq pays, no problem. Kobe does it for free, gives the girl a hard time?

"When nothing seems to help, I go look at a stonecutter hammering away at this rock perhaps 100 times without as much as a crack showing in it. Yet at the 101st blow, it will split in two and I know it was not that blow that did it. But all that had gone before." - Jacob Riis
Old 07-02-05, 07:01 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grego
So Shaq pays, no problem. Kobe does it for free, gives the girl a hard time?
Kobe did pay, just not willingly and up-front.
Old 07-02-05, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Kobe did pay, just not willingly and up-front.
That's true. That ring was quite expensive for Vanessa.

Old 07-02-05, 08:08 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Well...he definitely has the ego to be a Laker.
Old 07-02-05, 11:28 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assassin
Well...he definitely has the ego to be a Laker.
Yep. The memememe attitude will fit in perfectly.
Old 07-02-05, 11:43 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

well, i'd be surprised if he is even in the league in two years, considering how much crack he has been smoking.
Old 07-02-05, 12:25 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Andrew Bynum: Exhibit #1 for an age limit.
Old 07-02-05, 02:03 PM
SpursReport Team Veteran

Most of you dont know or even heard of the kid until he got drafted by the Lakers. I got a chance to meet him when I was in Jersey and went down to watch him play during his junior year. He's a good kid. I told him good luck w/ your future and I hope you go to UConn.

Bynum is quite confident in his abilities and sometimes his mouth gets him into trouble. He said he would be drafted in the first round and he was, apparently in the top 10.

Bynum moves well for his size and has quick feet, but must improve his fitness and his jump shot.
Old 07-02-05, 03:19 PM
SpursReport Team Member

I hope things work out well for Bynum. He seems like a nice guy. His youth and immaturity show in his comments, though. He (like a lot of 17 year olds) needs to set more realistic expectations. No need to start talking about Shaq, Garnett, Jabar, Duncan, allstar status, etc when he hasn't played NBA or even college game #1. Those comments are only going to make things harder for him later on.
Old 07-02-05, 03:38 PM
SpursReport Team Veteran

I'll put it like this, if someone criticizes a Spur player, most of ya'll would come to his defense. I would to. But I'm a UConn Husky fan as well, so if someone criticizes an Husky player or would have been player, I come to their defense.
Old 07-02-05, 04:10 PM
SpursReport Team Member

I doubt he gets voted into the All star in the first 2 years, he would be competeing against Yao for Center and I hear a really good PF at the 4 in voting so he'd only make it with coach voting.
Old 07-02-05, 06:29 PM
SpursReport Team Member

He sounds like a high school kid. Come to think of it, he sure sounds like Shaq.
Old 07-02-05, 07:26 PM
SpursReport Rookie

He could be an all star but maybe in 3-5 years. There aren't many real centers in the western conference other than Yao so it can happen depends how quickly he developes. One thing is for sure, he's going to have some winners around him: kobe, phil, and scottie (assistant coach,not official yet) to bring him along.
Old 07-02-05, 08:14 PM
SpursReport Team Member

READ BETWEEN THE LINES, PPL!!!!

ALLOW ME TO TRANSLATE WHAT HE WAS REALLY SAYIN:

Lakers & CoBe GM have realized they made a HUGE Mistake So,

they said

I'm supposed to be The Second Coming of the Desiel.

I'm supposed to be cocky and confindent so that

Kupcake doesn't loose his job and Buss won't look like a Dumb AZZ.

I'm a 17yr old Kid and they are the Experts,

If thats who they think they I am then

LET THE DRAMA THAT IS THE LAKE SHOW BEGIN!!!"

Last edited by stuffedmushroomz; 07-02-05 at 08:16 PM.
Old 07-02-05, 08:15 PM

If he even shows a small amount of talent, he will be given all star treatment, just like Amare. In his 3rd season Amare is allowed to go over and through anyone on the other team and more than Nash the Refs have made him an all-star. I know he is a spectacular scorer, but really this guy should be fouling out every other game and be in serious foul trouble in just about every game. And Bynum will have the advantage of playing for the Lakers, and besides that, I think he will be good, although I don't know if he will be an all star after 2 years, but I wouldn't doubt it.