News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com
Old 06-22-05, 03:07 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Rip Hamilton's fit

Maybe you guys can help me out. At the game, I was outraged when Rip through his mask on the floor in the direction of the ref like a big baby. I could not believe he did not get a T for this. I was told by someone that watched the game on TV that part of it got knocked off or something. I never saw any replays, what really happened during this sequence?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-22-05, 03:11 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Bowen knocked it off after the whistle blew. Rip tried to put it on, got mad because it was messed up/the after the whistle foul, and threw the mask down in anger.

Tecs are given due to the spirit - they probably let it fly because of the situation. It wasn't just complaining, as his mask did get knocked off.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-22-05, 03:17 PM
SpursReport Team Member

It looked like a fit from my seat, I knew there was more to it. Thanks for the info.
Old 06-22-05, 04:00 PM
SpursReport Team Member

I dont know cursing and throwing anything at a ref is, at least in my book, a tech. Bowen got him good and it may have been a good no call, but in principal I think its a tech, but I also hate that billups and coach brown can pull a tech in the first Q giving them a free vocabulary at the refs for the rest of the game knowing damn well they aren't going to get tossed, eh oh well its just a game