News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com
Old 06-11-05, 04:51 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Why is no one giving....

US ANY RESPECT?

all i hear is that detroit needs respect but yet the media has said everywhere that "detroit played terrible and they will make adjustments"..

not "the spurs played awesome and they deserve all the credit by shutting Detroit down"....

anyways, hopefully we'll show the media this year and know which ones are bandwaggoners and which ones arent
Old 06-11-05, 05:29 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Well, quite a few bandwagonners have already jump off the Phoenix and Seattle and Miami bandwagons. Lets just hope they don't come here...
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-11-05, 05:30 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

well , at least the players (cept sheed) is giving us respect. I've heard billups and tayshaun talk great about our big three. and i've heard rip talk great about bowens defense. so it's o.k.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-11-05, 05:40 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Sorry, not following. I see nearly every article written about this series as positive for the Spurs, not negative for the Pistons. This article for example:

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2...jackson/050610

As I read story after story, and see the same on TV (except for ESPN reporters) I see noone giving Detroit a chance. Almost everyone's prediction is Spurs in 5 or 6 max.

Besides, even if we weren't getting any love, who cares? Our Spurs just keep winning baby!!!!

Incredible time to be a Spurs fan!! Enjoy it folks!!
Old 06-11-05, 05:47 PM
SpursReport Mod Geezer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoSpurs99
Sorry, not following. I see nearly every article written about this series as positive for the Spurs, not negative for the Pistons. This article for example:

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2...jackson/050610

As I read story after story, and see the same on TV (except for ESPN reporters) I see noone giving Detroit a chance. Almost everyone's prediction is Spurs in 5 or 6 max.

Besides, even if we weren't getting any love, who cares? Our Spurs just keep winning baby!!!!

Incredible time to be a Spurs fan!! Enjoy it folks!!

Kinda agree.

The reason many say that Detroit doesn't get any respect is because they hadn't all year.
For most of the season, media and bball analysts have had the Spurs, Heat and Suns (once they ran off a great record) as the teams likely to win the title. The Pistons have received little chance of repeating throughout most of the season.

Usually when you're the underdog - as the Pistons are - and when you're the team that just lost some of the media is likely to take the angle of what the losing team needs to do to win the next one rather than what it is the winning team needs to do to continue winning.
Old 06-11-05, 06:08 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Spurs get the respect. They just don't get the popularity and hype.
Then chances are good that YOU ALMOST FREAKING KILLED ME IN THE PARKING LOT
Old 06-11-05, 06:08 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

There have been plenty of good articles about us. Give up the underdog mentality once in a while.
Old 06-11-05, 06:25 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by SA Spurs 2005
well , at least the players (cept sheed) is giving us respect. I've heard billups and tayshaun talk great about our big three. and i've heard rip talk great about bowens defense. so it's o.k.
No more Bandwagoners!

Either with us or against us since Game 1, Round 1
Old 06-11-05, 07:03 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Thank goodness they aren't giving us any props. We play best with the underdog, "getting no respect" sort of vibe. When everyone is jocking us, we seem to get complacent and overconfident. I like things the way they are.
Old 06-11-05, 07:13 PM
SpursReport Team Member

It's mainly only ESPN that doesn't give the Spurs any credit, except for Tim Legler. Everyone elso on radio, TV, and in print seems to like the Spurs. Both Rome and JT are for the Spurs. I guess it stinks since ESPN in the number 1 TV provider for sports news, but other than that I think the Spurs are a hit to everyone.
Old 06-11-05, 07:21 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

Location: Bangalore - Silicon Valley East - Ex hyderabd, Cupertino/CA & Campinas Brazil, Houston and SanAntonio

Who cares what anyone thinks.
Old 06-11-05, 07:22 PM
SpursReport Team Member

I could care less either way as the championship means more....let that do the talking!!
Old 06-11-05, 07:28 PM
SpursReport Mod Geezer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevm2
Thank goodness they aren't giving us any props. We play best with the underdog, "getting no respect" sort of vibe. When everyone is jocking us, we seem to get complacent and overconfident. I like things the way they are.
This year it's the pistons with that vibe.
Old 06-11-05, 07:37 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amente
Kinda agree.

The reason many say that Detroit doesn't get any respect is because they hadn't all year.
For most of the season, media and bball analysts have had the Spurs, Heat and Suns (once they ran off a great record) as the teams likely to win the title. The Pistons have received little chance of repeating throughout most of the season.

Usually when you're the underdog - as the Pistons are - and when you're the team that just lost some of the media is likely to take the angle of what the losing team needs to do to win the next one rather than what it is the winning team needs to do to continue winning.
It is true that the Suns, Heat and Spurs recieved more respect than the Pistons. But this was not really from a lack of respect for the Pistons, but more from the way the season was played out.

In the beginning of the year the Suns, Spurs and even the Sonics were fighting it out for the best record, way above the Pistons pace. And once the help adjusted to Shaq and Wade playing together, the Heat were amoung the hottest teams in the land, again more impressive than the Pistons. Although the Pistons chugged along and started playing solid ball, all of those mentioned above except the Sonics kept pace. Even the Nuggets jumped into the mix, as they only played tough enough to deliver the 4th best record ALL TIME after the break.
Old 06-11-05, 07:58 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason R
There have been plenty of good articles about us. Give up the underdog mentality once in a while.
I completely agree.