News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com
Old 05-25-05, 12:28 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Manu: "We can still improve"

Asked in the post game conference about beating Phoenix with them shooting 56% he responded: "It means to me that we can still improve."

Damn I love this guy.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 05-25-05, 12:32 AM
Now With More Eye of Newt

well, I don't know how. the only difference they can do is play the paint better when Nash penetrates. that's about it. Parker is sticking on Nash like stink on a skunk!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 05-25-05, 12:37 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Like Timmy said in the post game conference, trying to win games when the opponent is shooting at 56% is an anomaly. Honestly, with 2 minutes to go, this game was anybody's game.
Gotta bring that number to the top 40's somehow, and we'll be much more comfortable. I surely hope that playing at home will stop some of the silly fouls Amare gets.
Old 05-25-05, 12:38 AM
SpursReport Rookie

SABROSA!! BABY!!
Old 05-25-05, 12:56 AM
SpursReport Rookie

they actually outscored us in the paint, giving them such a high percentage, but still thats WAY too high. i love how our guys rarely need a humbling.
Old 05-25-05, 01:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartere79
they actually outscored us in the paint, giving them such a high percentage, but still thats WAY too high.

thus my post above.
Old 05-25-05, 01:05 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Manu on front page

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/index
Old 05-25-05, 01:07 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by knownalien
well, I don't know how. the only difference they can do is play the paint better when Nash penetrates. that's about it. Parker is sticking on Nash like stink on a skunk!
that is what i think is needed, keep him ffrom finding someone moving to the basket, or even more so, from taking the jumper. it is soo aggravating seeing that time and time again. I think we will see a trend to lower their scoring in the rest of the games in this round
Old 05-25-05, 01:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wcsf
that is what i think is needed, keep him ffrom finding someone moving to the basket, or even more so, from taking the jumper. it is soo aggravating seeing that time and time again. I think we will see a trend to lower their scoring in the rest of the games in this round
i think too many peopl rotate to him and the big is running to the basket for an easy dish and they are so atheletic that if they are near the rim Hunter, amare, or marion can score. I feel comfortable with just letting parker follow him around while our bigs patrol the rim.
Old 05-25-05, 09:54 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlamDunc21
Asked in the post game conference about beating Phoenix with them shooting 56% he responded: "It means to me that we can still improve."

Damn I love this guy.

That´s my MANU!!!!
Old 05-25-05, 10:07 AM
SpursReport Team Veteran

its good to hear the spurs aren't satisfied and want to continue to get better thats the difference between the spurs and other teams.
Old 05-25-05, 11:42 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Well, I don't know why all these props - they HAVE to improve. We are becoming the same run&shoot team as Suns are! And we don't want to be that, right? There was no defense last night. And that can't be good.
Old 05-25-05, 11:45 AM
SpursReport Team Member

GET A HAIRCUT !!! BoooooooooooManu.

"Bring it"