News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com

Go Back   SpursReport.com > SpursReport Fan Forums > Spurs and NBA Fan Feedback

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-24-05, 11:12 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

What's the deal with Spurs fans here?

I mean, the Spurs gut out the biggest win of the season to, for all intents and purposes, eliminate the No. 1 seed and the team with the best record in the NBA, and what do we find?

"Boo-hoo! The refs hate us!"
"Boo-hoo! ESPN hates us!"
"Boo-hoo! Steve Nash can't be the MVP, he can't even lead his team to a win on his home court!"l
"Boo-hoo! I wish they'd talk about our payers at least half as much as they talk about Steve Nash!"

Are Spurs fans truly happy only when miserable? Is it possible we're seeing things through black and silver glasses?
Tim Duncan is playing great on two bad ankles. Tony Parker is taking it hard to the MVP. Manu Ginobili is playing out of his mind. Robert Horry, who many wanted to see drawn and quarter after last year's playoffs, is playing GREAT! Can't we focus on the good instead of searching and turning over every stone until we find proof that the world is against the Spurs?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 05-24-05, 11:14 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

1. we love the spurs
2. we think nash is overrated
3. we hate ESPN for their BS coverage and hype over the past couple of years

that is our "deal". any questions?

-Bruce Bowen
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
SpursReport Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnac The Magnificent
I mean, the Spurs gut out the biggest win of the season to, for all intents and purposes, eliminate the No. 1 seed and the team with the best record in the NBA, and what do we find?

"Boo-hoo! Steve Nash can't be the MVP, he can't even lead his team to a win on his home court!"l
"Boo-hoo! I wish they'd talk about our payers at least half as much as they talk about Steve Nash!"

Are Spurs fans truly happy only when miserable? Is it possible we're seeing things through black and silver glasses?
Tim Duncan is playing great on two bad ankles. Tony Parker is taking it hard to the MVP. Manu Ginobili is playing out of his mind. Robert Horry, who many wanted to see drawn and quarter after last year's playoffs, is playing GREAT! Can't we focus on the good instead of searching and turning over every stone until we find proof that the world is against the Spurs?
Just a couple more things to list:
---Mohammed is playing with the hustle of malik rose and the athleticism of a true bigman
---Barry hit some timely shots.
---Barry + Beno + Bowen didn't pass up open shots
SpursReport Rookie

A discussion is not necessarily a "boo-hoo" whine. This is a forum.
Old 05-24-05, 11:15 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

yawn
SpursReport Team Captain

Quote:

All those threads were coming in DURING the game.
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChillFactor
1. we love the spurs

that is what is "with" us. any questions?
Not for you. You're obviously happy with yourself.
Old 05-24-05, 11:16 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChillFactor
1. we love the spurs

that is our "deal". any questions?
Hey Chill....

RESPEK KNUCKLE
SpursReport Team Captain

GO SPURS!!!
and i have to wake up in 5 hours!!!!
g'night!
SpursReport Team Member

I grew up in SA.

Most fans are:
Fickle
Non Intelligent
Accusatory.

I had Season Tix before DRob was playing, and every one of my friends made fun. Boy, that All changed in '89.

Sith
Old 05-24-05, 11:18 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Amen to Carnac's sentiments! I'm beaming with pride and joy!
Old 05-24-05, 11:18 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Spurs are showing the Suns what a Championship Team is made of... Dallas tried (im glad they did) but failed cause they are not as good as San Antonio (DUH) but at least Avery is trying

GJ Spurs!
Old 05-24-05, 11:19 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizzG
yawn
nice insight.
go back to complaining about how much the refs hate the Spurs.
Do you think the abuse the Spurs get from the Spurs is mandated by David Stern? Also, does David Stern also mandate that ESPN, ABC, NBC, CBS hate the Spurs, as to help keep a team under wraps because they are small market?
It's amazing how the Spurs are the only team in sports histiry that is hated by everyone. Everyone write your local congressman.
Old 05-24-05, 11:20 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

"Who are these Spurs fans? And what is their deal??"

Is that you, Jerry Seinfeld?
Then chances are good that YOU ALMOST FREAKING KILLED ME IN THE PARKING LOT
Old 05-24-05, 11:21 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Deimos
"Who are these Spurs fans? And what is their deal??"

Is that you, Jerry Seinfeld?
what is the deal with airline food? is it chicken? is it meat? is it chickmeat? I WANNA KNOW!!!
Old 05-24-05, 11:23 PM
SpursReport Assistant Coach

Happiness makes people giddy, but the refs were bad tonight for both teams, I just don't like Salvatore, he calls an uneven game and is not consistent. I never really try to listen to the guys on ESPN because I find them boring, not just with the Spurs coverage but overall, and fans just naturally hate the other team. I like the Suns I just don't like them enough to see them win.

Tonight's game was a truly great game because of the effort of both teams, at times it seemed that the Suns were about to take over the game. But somehow the Spurs found ways to win, they showed something tonight, and I just loved how they gutted it out. Everything else means nothing, and this game will mean nothing come Saturday, they have to come out and find another way to win.
SpursReport Team Captain

Quote:
nice insight.
sorry..its about all this thread deserved...you want to focus on the joy of the win yet

your complaining about people complaining

most of those threads were posted DURING the game when that garbage was going on anyway
SpursReport Team Bench

Johnny Carson was the best!!
SpursReport Team Captain

I want to talk about Nazr, I think he did a great job on Amare today

MVP of the series = Spurs TEAM
Old 05-24-05, 11:24 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

there was some horrible calls tonight and people are going to talk about that in a discussion forum
Old 05-24-05, 11:24 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
what is the deal with airline food? is it chicken? is it meat? is it chickmeat? I WANNA KNOW!!!
I knew it!
Then chances are good that YOU ALMOST FREAKING KILLED ME IN THE PARKING LOT
Old 05-24-05, 11:25 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

I must admit I am pretty excited about these wins. It's the Spurs series to choke or win. It's likely they win it. But after LA last season it wouldn't be wise to get TOO EXCITED for too long, or to say this will be a sweep.

Have to be a little humble at this point, WHILE being excited.

Lets hope the Spurs can take Game 3 and go from there....
Old 05-24-05, 11:25 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurs Brazil
I want to talk about Nazr, I think he did a great job on Amare today

MVP of the series = Spurs TEAM

sorry to rain on the negativity of this thread .. agree NAzr playeed good.
Old 05-24-05, 11:26 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Carnac,

In my experience, hardcore fans pretty much everywhere whine about the refs and interpret objective national coverage as biased if it doesn't sound at least as favorable as the team's own broadcast. This is because they are homers.

Spurs fans are maybe a little worse than average, but then again San Antonio is a little bit of a backwater.

So chill, or you're going to be renamed RichBJr.
Old 05-24-05, 11:26 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

I don't think it's necessarily Spurs fans. All fans complain equally about the refs.

The same complaints that Spurs fans make about the refs favoring the Suns, are the exact complaints Suns fans are making about the refs favoring the Spurs.

On another level, Spurs fans do have something of an inferiority complex, but I think that sort of relates to a lot of San Antonio citizens having the same complex. There was a really good article in the Express News a few years back called "Forget the Alamo", I believe. It had a lot to do with how San Antonio always feels overlooked.
Old 05-24-05, 11:27 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

btw as long as i don't ever have to listen John thompson or rex chapman again , then im cool with the commentators whether it be BSPN,TNT or abc
Old 05-24-05, 11:27 PM
Now With More Eye of Newt

why do we win and I have to read a crappy thread like this??
Old 05-24-05, 11:30 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:
sorry..its about all this thread deserved...you want to focus on the joy of the win yet

most of those threads were posted DURING the game when that garbage was going on anyway
I can be happy when the Spurs win (or lose, for that matter). And I'm curious as to why it's so easy to find the negatives for some people. I want to celebrate. I want to congratulate Tony Parker on how well he's played against the MVP.
If these threads were going on during the game, that's fine. But I see far too much negativity.
Don't you ever think that there's a chance, just a remore, tiny, eency, bitsy, itty, bitty, small, minute chance that we only see what we want to see and hear what we want to hear? Do you think that sometimes what looks like really unfair treatment to us looks like REALLY unfair treatment to Suns fans (i.e., the refs!). I bet that if we went to the Suns baords right now, we wouldn't see one "The Suns got the benefit of the calls, and, boy, the Spurs got screwed" threads.
I want to celebrate right now because the Spurs are playing so great.
Old 05-24-05, 11:31 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

I don't think the coverage was especially biased - but I do think it sucked. The four rocks they use to hold down those chairs on the ESPN "thinktank" are horrible. No chemistry. They're all trying to sound like the smartest rock on the panel. Kinda like the Portland Trailblazers a few years back...

TNT rocks. Those dudes have fun and actually have some kind of playfulness and commoradory amoungst them.
Old 05-24-05, 11:32 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:

Are you still alive? The last time you posted, the WeedBlazers were playing the Spurs in the playoffs. Come on dude. Most of the posts you are whinning about came when the game was on. And by the way, there were several areas in the game where the refs suked. Other than that, the Spurs were great, the coach was great. The Spurs are the better team by a long shot, I mean a long shot. Phx is another Mavies team without D. Spurs will prevail as long as Tim is there.
Old 05-24-05, 11:32 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by knownalien
why do we win and I have to read a crappy thread like this??
well, go read about the 15 other threads I'm complaining about. The refs suck, ESPN sucks. No go! go complain like the wind!
Old 05-24-05, 11:33 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Spurs fans = human (well... most of them anyways)
Most humans focus on the negatives.
Old 05-24-05, 11:33 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
I can be happy when the Spurs win (or lose, for that matter). And I'm curious as to why it's so easy to find the negatives for some people. I want to celebrate. I want to congratulate Tony Parker on how well he's played against the MVP.
If these threads were going on during the game, that's fine. But I see far too much negativity.
Don't you ever think that there's a chance, just a remore, tiny, eency, bitsy, itty, bitty, small, minute chance that we only see what we want to see and hear what we want to hear? Do you think that sometimes what looks like really unfair treatment to us looks like REALLY unfair treatment to Suns fans (i.e., the refs!). I bet that if we went to the Suns baords right now, we wouldn't see one "The Suns got the benefit of the calls, and, boy, the Spurs got screwed" threads.
I want to celebrate right now because the Spurs are playing so great.
then go celebrate then and stop whining about fans' comments.

-Bruce Bowen
Old 05-24-05, 11:35 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
well, go read about the 15 other threads I'm complaining about. The refs suck, ESPN sucks. No go! go complain like the wind!
Go back to the WeedBlazers sight. And by the way, you mean to tell me you are a fan of Walton's announcing??????????
Old 05-24-05, 11:35 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

[Carnac] Damm you all! Why can't you be as rational and level-headed as me! I am the bestest fan ever because I do not allow my allegiance to overwhelm my objective worldview! Now let me climb on my soapbox and lecture all of you on what bad fans you are! My ability to celebrate is being diminshed because I can't stop thinking about how exuberantly irrational you all are! Stop it![/Carnac]
Old 05-24-05, 11:36 PM
SpursReport Rookie

aLL i have to say is Bill Walton? Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy do we have to hear your sorryyyyyyyyyyyyy commentating ????????????????????????//
that's it
Old 05-24-05, 11:37 PM
SpursReport Rookie

I don't know about everyone else, but i'm celebrating and thinking of brooms!
Old 05-24-05, 11:39 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marknum
Go back to the WeedBlazers sight. And by the way, you mean to tell me you are a fan of Walton's announcing??????????
dude, what the hell are you talking about? what weedblazers sight? who do you think I am?
Yeah, by the way, I am a fan of Bill Walton. He's funny because he's so insane.
Old 05-24-05, 11:40 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusian
[Carnac] Damm you all! Why can't you be as rational and level-headed as me! I am the bestest fan ever because I do not allow my allegiance to overwhelm my objective worldview! Now let me climb on my soapbox and lecture all of you on what bad fans you are! My ability to celebrate is being diminshed because I can't stop thinking about how exuberantly irrational you all are! Stop it![/Carnac]
Amen. Yea.
Old 05-24-05, 11:42 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusian
-Damm is spelled DAMN
-Your second sentence needs an "?" instead of a "!"
-Bestest is not a word, you can sue "best" in that sentence.
-diminshed is spelled "diminished"

Other than that, that's correct, Billy.
Old 05-24-05, 11:43 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
dude, what the hell are you talking about? what weedblazers sight? who do you think I am?
Yeah, by the way, I am a fan of Bill Walton. He's funny because he's so insane.
walton complains alot too, so there.....

btw, i think walton is alright. kinda annoying tonight with soo much suns talk - until the last 6 minutes
Old 05-24-05, 11:44 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

walton's hilarious!
Old 05-24-05, 11:46 PM
SpursReport Rookie

"What's Marion doing FLOPPING? This is the WESTERN CONFERENCE FINALS!"

I cracked up at that
Old 05-24-05, 11:46 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Dude, Walton thinks every play is the greatest one he's ever seen.
Ridiculous!
Old 05-24-05, 11:47 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Quote:

Old 05-24-05, 11:49 PM
SR's Resident Laker Hater

Quote:

Do these pants make my butt look big?
Old 05-24-05, 11:51 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
-Damm is spelled DAMN
-Your second sentence needs an "?" instead of a "!"
-Bestest is not a word, you can sue "best" in that sentence.
-diminshed is spelled "diminished"

Other than that, that's correct, Billy.
The only complainer I see in here is you. Take off your mask and reveal yourself. You use to be a big Portland fan didn't you? I remember when you use to post in here, all you did was bash the Spurs forum participants. If you don't like the posts in the Spurs Fan Forum, then addios. And I don't give a rats a$$ how you spell it, either join in or leave.
Old 05-24-05, 11:52 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Carnac has been Pro Spur since Ive noticed him on the board. Ive been here since 99.

Sith
Old 05-24-05, 11:53 PM
SpursReport Rookie

walton " those pants are spectacular!, they are the most amazing pants I've ever seen!"
Old 05-25-05, 12:07 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

Here's sumthin' scary! I came on here and thought I was on Lakersground. The complainin' is loud!