News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com
Old 05-09-05, 04:48 PM
SpursReport Rookie

tough choice

question for fellow NBA fans. i live in atlanta now and have been offered by some hawks telemarketer season tickets to all 41 games for ~$800/seat for 2 seats in row A in one of the following sections of phillips arena: 202,206,217,221. the face value of these are $45 so i would be getting them for basically $20.

http://www.philipsarena.com/st0300/s...awkChart.shtml

i question myself on this because it is the hawks and can't make up my mind because it really is a good deal. i figure i could always try to ebay the tickets i dont use and possibly get some money back.

thoughts?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 05-09-05, 04:54 PM
SpursReport Team Member

All...let's just take a deep breath, stop for a moment, and thank Jesus Christ of Nazereth that we live in San Antonio Texas!!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 05-09-05, 04:56 PM
SpursReport Rookie

haha yea, i figure in 3-4 more years i will be moving back to SA

i just have to make due until then. obviously i wouldnt be getting the tickets to see the hawks but rather all of the other teams that come into town
Old 05-09-05, 04:58 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuatro
haha yea, i figure in 3-4 more years i will be moving back to SA

i just have to make due until then. obviously i wouldnt be getting the tickets to see the hawks but rather all of the other teams that come into town
I would spend the money on league pass and a dope a$$ large screen tv
Old 05-09-05, 05:00 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Agree with caraspin. You wouldnt even come close to making up that money on EBAY. I loved the League pass. Well worth it to me.
Old 05-09-05, 05:05 PM
SpursReport Rookie

i already get league pass and have a Samsung 50" DLP and I always have my Tivo recording any spurs games.
Old 05-09-05, 07:15 PM
SpursReport Team Member

That is a really good deal, but you would probably not recover your money if you decided to miss games. You'd have to really love basketball to sit for every Hawks home game. I'd do it .

Let's get one thing straight, the only reason you're conscious right now
is because Jack Bauer doesn't feel like carrying you.
Old 05-09-05, 07:41 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

Quote:
question for fellow NBA fans. i live in atlanta now and have been offered by some hawks telemarketer season tickets to all 41 games for ~$800/seat for 2 seats in row A in one of the following sections of phillips arena: 202,206,217,221. the face value of these are $45 so i would be getting them for basically $20.

i question myself on this because it is the hawks and can't make up my mind because it really is a good deal. i figure i could always try to ebay the tickets i dont use and possibly get some money back.

thoughts?
In my experience, attending 41 games in itself is difficult. I even cut back to 20-21 games and that was tough. And I had a hard enough time selling extra tickets.....and we're talking SPURS, not the Hawks.
Old 05-10-05, 01:34 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:

thoughts?

My suggestion would be to opt for a more enjoyable experience like maybe a root canal followed by a passionate night with Rosanne Barr
Old 05-10-05, 01:35 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by callo1
My suggestion would be to opt for a more enjoyable experience like maybe a root canal followed by a passionate night with Rosanne Barr

Old 05-10-05, 04:18 AM
SpursReport Rookie

If you have kids, get the tickets, and anytime the kids act up, take them to a Hawks game for punishment.