News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com
Old 05-08-05, 11:00 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Where was Horry?

Great SPURS BASKETBALL win. I loved Tony's aggressiveness tonight...it reminded me of games 1 & 2 of the Lakers series last year.

I was surprised to see Big Shot not play a lot in the second half. Was that a strategic move by Pop & the staff or did he get hurt & I miss that?

Apologies in advance if this has already been posted...just got back a little while ago from SBCC.

Thanks
Old 05-08-05, 11:01 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MenInBlackAreBack
Great SPURS BASKETBALL win. I loved Tony's aggressiveness tonight...it reminded me of games 1 & 2 of the Lakers series last year.

I was surprised to see Big Shot not play a lot in the second half. Was that a strategic move by Pop & the staff or did he get hurt & I miss that?

Apologies in advance if this has already been posted...just got back a little while ago from SBCC.

Thanks
Didn't need him and he doesn't need the practice.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 05-08-05, 11:02 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

Gave Rasho some time to try to get back into game shape.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 05-08-05, 11:04 PM
SpursReport Assistant Coach

Also gave Horry some rest, which is always a good thing.

"When nothing seems to help, I go look at a stonecutter hammering away at this rock perhaps 100 times without as much as a crack showing in it. Yet at the 101st blow, it will split in two and I know it was not that blow that did it. But all that had gone before." - Jacob Riis
Old 05-08-05, 11:17 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Phew! We'll definitely be needing his services the rest of the way.

I think the momentum from this one will carry over to Tuesday's game and then we'll have a battle on our hands on Thursday.

Go SPURS Go!
Old 05-08-05, 11:19 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

he was at the pizza hut/nacho place stand outside Section 209.
Old 05-08-05, 11:20 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Good to see Rasho coming back. Devin got a couple of minutes too. Hopefully our injuries are healing. And we're getting back to where we were the first half of the season.

Bruce fans?

Beno?
Old 05-08-05, 11:20 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MenInBlackAreBack

Thanks
Quote:
World Champs 98-99...World Champs 02-03...We'll Take It Back 04-05...
correction: spurs are nba champs not world champs. i am a spursfan but not an american. Realise that serbia & montenegro are world champs after they won the WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP
spurs were NBA champs after winning NBA title in 99, 03
Old 05-08-05, 11:23 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

^^^ I AM an American Spurs fan and that bugs me, too. The NBA is one country's pro. league -- the Olympics are a more accurate representation of the "World Champs."

...and yes, I recognize the cultural and geographic diversity in the makeup of the current NBA.
Old 05-08-05, 11:24 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

well in that case serbia and montenegro are the world champs according to FIBA
and spurs are world champs according to NBA

put our best players out there and we'll kick the crap out of serbia montenegro.
Old 05-08-05, 11:32 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Sorry, I didn't mean to start anything with my signature.

I see your point and will gladly change it.

But between you and me, with the talent on those teams (especially the second time around ('03)) and Pop at the helm, my money would be on the Spurs to win if the world champs played the NBA champs in a winner take all tournament. Even if I'm wrong about that, wouldn't a tournament like that be fun to watch?:-)
Old 05-09-05, 12:39 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

The Spurs were the NBA World Champions in 99. They beat every NBA team in the World to win that title.
Old 05-09-05, 01:13 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

Horry needs as much rest as possible so that he can knock down those shots wehn they actually count.

I also thought that he was pretty good at the beginning of the game when we actually had to beat the Sonics.
Old 05-09-05, 06:28 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

no need for "Big Shot Bob" tonight. ;)
Old 05-09-05, 07:42 AM
SpursReport Assistant Coach

I think it's safe to say that with that big lead, it was now Horry's turn to rest. I think the fact that he missed his 3's probably made Pop want to save him a little bit for when he really needs him. It also was a good opportunity to give Rasho some good mins. which he did. Right now, Horry's legs and thier health are important to the team, good decision by Pop. I thought he should have played Big Dog more especially in the 3rd when they had a tough time scoring.
Old 05-09-05, 07:48 AM
SpursReport Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Deity
The Spurs were the NBA World Champions in 99. They beat every NBA team in the World to win that title.

thank you

ps I not from America.
Old 05-09-05, 08:00 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesterbobman
correction: spurs are nba champs not world champs. i am a spursfan but not an american. Realise that serbia & montenegro are world champs after they won the WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP
spurs were NBA champs after winning NBA title in 99, 03
Same here, that's always bugged me.