News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com
Old 05-05-05, 03:56 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Bay Area Radio: Rick Barry/Rod Brooks

Well, I'm one of a few Spur fans that live in the Bay and I heard a little breakdown of the Sonics and Spurs series....

Rod basically says the Spurs will win in 6 games while Rick says he would be shocked if the Spurs don't finish the Sonics in 6 or less.

Both Rod and Rick bet a caller that Ray Allen will not get 30+ points in this series. He certainly won't get 45 points like he did with the Kings.

There was a little debate as to why the other 28 teams don't play team defense like the Spurs and the Pistons. Rod says it's mainly personnel while Rick thinks it's mindset and enforcement from the coach. It was brought up because the Kings played pathetic D and Adelman is not capable of making them a good defensive team.

Anyways, the folks at KNBR are always complimentary of the Spurs. Especially when the father of Bones is host of the afternoon show.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 05-05-05, 06:18 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDS4
Well, I'm one of a few Spur fans that live in the Bay and I heard a little breakdown of the Sonics and Spurs series....

Rod basically says the Spurs will win in 6 games while Rick says he would be shocked if the Spurs don't finish the Sonics in 6 or less.

Both Rod and Rick bet a caller that Ray Allen will not get 30+ points in this series. He certainly won't get 45 points like he did with the Kings.

There was a little debate as to why the other 28 teams don't play team defense like the Spurs and the Pistons. Rod says it's mainly personnel while Rick thinks it's mindset and enforcement from the coach. It was brought up because the Kings played pathetic D and Adelman is not capable of making them a good defensive team.

Anyways, the folks at KNBR are always complimentary of the Spurs. Especially when the father of Bones is host of the afternoon show.
I just moved from NoCal to Mich in Feb and I really miss hearing Rick Barry during the playoffs. Guy knows the game. Rod Brooks is okay.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 05-05-05, 06:26 PM
SpursReport Team Member

How's Michigan?

Rick can be a little uptight at times, but his knowledge of basketball is unquestioned. Rod is more of a Oakland Raider guy...he brings more a fan's perspective to basketball. They've pair up those two together for the 12-3P segment. They work pretty well together.
Old 05-05-05, 06:29 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

Spurs in 5 again
Old 05-05-05, 06:30 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Michigan is awesome. I don't regret the move at all.

Yeah, Rick can get fired up in a hurry! As for Rod they are moving that guy all over. It wasn't that long ago that he had his own show in the afternoons on the sister station 1050. I wouldn't be suprised if gets dropped.